Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 04-24-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
The draft came and left, and I have one question. Who is our starting CB's?
Asante at LCB and at RCB it is a cluster **** between Marlin Jackson, Ellis Hobbs, Macho Harris, Joselio Hanson and Trevard Lindley.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:23 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Asante at LCB and at RCB it is a cluster **** between Marlin Jackson, Ellis Hobbs, Macho Harris, Joselio Hanson and Trevard Lindley.
I hope Marlin Jackson switches to CB and wins that, because WBs aren't even going to need to look at the left side of our defense if Hobbs is in there...

I honestly think Jackson, Harris, or Hanson would all be better options at RCB.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:26 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree, hope Jackson moves to corner, and have Allen play S.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Throw Andy Reid on Miles Austin or Dez Bryant, he'll do just as good a job as Hobbs.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
colide
Rookie

colide is a cocksman.colide is a cocksman.colide is a cocksman.colide is a cocksman.colide is a cocksman.

http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/201...ee-agents.html

A list of most udfa's and where they ended up
colide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 11:37 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by colide View Post
http://www.nepatriotsdraft.com/p/201...ee-agents.html

A list of most udfa's and where they ended up
I just read this at this other forum I'M apart of. Are you the same dude, lol. Blount goes to the Niners, isnt that something?

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-24-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

Great pic Thumper, I cant wait til I get my hands on my Graham Jersey.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-25-2010, 12:21 AM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

I doubt the Eagles sign too many UDFAs this year. lots of competition as it is already. Of course expect a BYU guy, or a linemen for a camp/practice squad competition. I'd expect some CBs as well as a WR and an RB. Expect a FB, the Eagles have signed a UDFA FB the last few offseasons to split carries, help ease the load on Weaver in TC/ Maybe an LB or two as well as a safety and another K or P, maybe both.

Old 04-25-2010, 04:16 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

DT Charles Alexander, Louisiana State
RB Keith Flemming, West Texas A&M
WR Kevin Jurovich, San Jose State
CB Josh Morris, Weber State
Blue Cooper, WR, Tenn-Chattanooga
Chris Zardas, FB, Umass
Pat Simonds, WR, Colgate
Joey Elliott, QB, Purdue
David Pender, CB, Purdue

Its a nice haul if you ask me, they added a camp body at FB in Zardas, they added a camp arm in Elliott who Ron Jaworski was raving about today on ESPN, Charles Alexander is a good DT, The Eagles must meet the white receiver quota because they signed 3 of them and drafted another, Jurovich ran a 4.4 and looks like a slot guy, Blue Cooper is a 6'4" receiver and Pat Simonds is a 6'6" and 225 pound behemoth of a WR. None of these guys make the team but they're interesting to see signed.

The two signings that are really good IMO are David Pender and Josh Morris, both of whom could make the team at CB. Pender is a 6' tall, 180 pound corner with 4.4 speed, is physical and started all 4 years at Purdue. Josh Morris from Weber state is another big guy at 6' tall, 186 pounds with 4.4 speed as well. Both Morris and Pender could've been drafted and nobody would've been confused, they're both impressive athletes. If I had to choose one to make the team, my money is on Pender.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:36 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
DT Charles Alexander, Louisiana State
RB Keith Flemming, West Texas A&M
WR Kevin Jurovich, San Jose State
CB Josh Morris, Weber State
Blue Cooper, WR, Tenn-Chattanooga
Chris Zardas, FB, Umass
Pat Simonds, WR, Colgate
Joey Elliott, QB, Purdue
David Pender, CB, Purdue

Its a nice haul if you ask me, they added a camp body at FB in Zardas, they added a camp arm in Elliott who Ron Jaworski was raving about today on ESPN, Charles Alexander is a good DT, The Eagles must meet the white receiver quota because they signed 3 of them and drafted another, Jurovich ran a 4.4 and looks like a slot guy, Blue Cooper is a 6'4" receiver and Pat Simonds is a 6'6" and 225 pound behemoth of a WR. None of these guys make the team but they're interesting to see signed.

The two signings that are really good IMO are David Pender and Josh Morris, both of whom could make the team at CB. Pender is a 6' tall, 180 pound corner with 4.4 speed, is physical and started all 4 years at Purdue. Josh Morris from Weber state is another big guy at 6' tall, 186 pounds with 4.4 speed as well. Both Morris and Pender could've been drafted and nobody would've been confused, they're both impressive athletes. If I had to choose one to make the team, my money is on Pender.
Hahahaha, pretty much what I expected, I think we'll see another OL or two, and maybe a LB or S.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:39 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Anyone take notice to one of the major trends the Eagles had with this draft? I'm not talking about leadership, or hard working motor, which is very nice to have, but I'm talking another trend...

Not one of the Eagles draft picks was an underclassmen, not one out of thirteen. And with the exception of Kafka, every single draft pick played more than 43 games, Kafka playing in 30. The Eagles must like having a large sample size to choose from, so it helps them further grasp and understand what they are getting out of each and every one of the draft picks.

Old 04-26-2010, 02:48 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That's definitely a change from the past couple seasons with guys like Maclin, McCoy, DeSean, etc. I also noticed that all 13 were invited to the combine, and they usually go after more small school sleeper/ under the radar players. It's pretty rare that I've at least heard of every pick the eagles make, especially when they pick 13.
Old 04-26-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Anyone take notice to one of the major trends the Eagles had with this draft? I'm not talking about leadership, or hard working motor, which is very nice to have, but I'm talking another trend...

Not one of the Eagles draft picks was an underclassmen, not one out of thirteen. And with the exception of Kafka, every single draft pick played more than 43 games, Kafka playing in 30. The Eagles must like having a large sample size to choose from, so it helps them further grasp and understand what they are getting out of each and every one of the draft picks.
Wouldn't it be a smaller sample size? Your are eliminating, Jrs, guys that are injured, guys that have not played 43 games, not to mention guys with red flags and ones that just don't fit.

New GM doing work...taking kind of the Bill Parcels approach, must be a senior, must have played at least 40 games, completed school.
Old 04-26-2010, 05:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Wouldn't it be a smaller sample size? Your are eliminating, Jrs, guys that are injured, guys that have not played 43 games, not to mention guys with red flags and ones that just don't fit.

New GM doing work...taking kind of the Bill Parcels approach, must be a senior, must have played at least 40 games, completed school.
I mean they like to have a large exampe of what the players can do, so you better understand them as a prospect.

I don't now if it was a coincidence or not, but I thought it was something to talk about.

Old 04-26-2010, 05:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
That's definitely a change from the past couple seasons with guys like Maclin, McCoy, DeSean, etc. I also noticed that all 13 were invited to the combine, and they usually go after more small school sleeper/ under the radar players. It's pretty rare that I've at least heard of every pick the eagles make, especially when they pick 13.
Also keep in mind the their earlier picks wer on defense, usually the top offensive skill positions, especially RB, are underclassmen.

Old 04-27-2010, 01:33 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

I'm afraid that in 2 years we'll look back on this draft and wish we had taken Earl Thomas in the first round instead.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 02:07 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
I'm afraid that in 2 years we'll look back on this draft and wish we had taken Earl Thomas in the first round instead.
I'm afraid that in two seconds, we'll look back at this post and realize how amazingly moronic it is.

Done.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:24 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Or Thomas could be like Michael Huff and we thank god we picked Brandon Graham instead.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:56 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I'm afraid that in two seconds, we'll look back at this post and realize how amazingly moronic it is.

Done.
Your fears have merit...

Old 04-27-2010, 06:30 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

We could've had Warren Sapp, and instead drafted Mike Mamula. Nobody will even remember this draft and say we couldve...

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
We could've had Warren Sapp, and instead drafted Mike Mamula. Nobody will even remember this draft and say we couldve...
Everyone remembers the 2001 draft as the drafte we drafted Freddie Mitchell when we could've had Reggie Wayne, Chad Johnson, Chris Chambers or Steve Smith...
Old 04-27-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

This is a different situation however, as they are players at different positions.

Old 04-28-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Remember 2003 when we moved up to #15 to select a DE named Jerome McDougle? And immediately after that at #16 a safety was selected whose name was Troy Polamalu?

The safety turned out to be a pretty decent player. The DE? Not so much.

This draft felt eerily similar to me. Let's just hope it doesn't turn out the same way.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote