Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum

Philadelphia Eagles Team Forum Discuss the Eagles.

Old 02-16-2010, 05:40 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you're the Eagles, you don't keep your 1st round pick this year. There's not really any value there for us. I doubt Brandon Graham, Everson Griffin, or Earl Thomas last until our pick.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Eagles rather move up and grab someone, they have been dropping back for a few years now, time to step up and grab a dynamic player.
Old 02-16-2010, 06:47 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we trade back and have two 2nd rounders this is how I would want it to play out:

2a) Nate Allen, S, USF
2b) Kareem Jackson/Donovan Warren/Dominique Franks, whichever is available
3a) Austen Lane/Lindsey Witten,whichever is available, preferably Lane
3b) Jon Jerry, OG, Ole Miss
4a) LeGarrette Blount, RB, Oregon
4b) Eric Olsen, C, Notre Dame
6a) Rodderick Muckleroy/Perry Riley, OLB
6b) Carlton Mithchell, WR, USF
Old 02-17-2010, 08:29 AM    (permalink
Havok69
Rookie

Havok69 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
why would they take him at 24? He is to injury prone to be picked that high and there are other DE who you could take there. Brandon Graham will end up going before him. His motor runs hot and cold.
I would love Graham, and I should have said this in my write-up, but Hardy is the pick assuming Graham is off the board.

Knowing what a huge need DE is, do you Hardy haters take Dunlap if he's there over Hardy? Griffin? Or are you all just "1st round Safeteyzzz" people?

I'm definitely on board with moving back, though.
Havok69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:41 AM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes to Griffen, really are you kidding me you would take Hardy over Griffen.

If Dunlap is there, he is just horrible, and move on to a different position. Dunlap is just another bust DE Gator waiting to happen. He doesn't play with that so called speed, he does have any pass rush moves, and his sacks come off over coverage.

I know Andy is not big on it, but 1st round RB maybe? No one know what the Eagles are going to do and this year could be a big surprise. I still think Dwyer will end up going somewhere need the bottom of the first, he is gonna rise in the coming months.
Old 02-17-2010, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles won't use a first on RB after spending a 2nd on McCoy last year. We'll probably use a mid round pick on a power back. As for DE I'd take Griffen. I don't want anything to do with Dunlap and Hardy isn't a first round pick. I don't see any reason for us trading down considering the amount of picks we already have. If anything I think we could see the Eagles trade up in the first.
Old 02-18-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

Running back is an overrated position. You can get solid production out of almost any running back given a good offensive line. Andy knows this, and would rather spend high picks on offensive lineman than running backs. Not only that, but in today's modern passing game, a true between-the-tackles running back has become less and less of an important asset.

The running backs from the past 10 years that I would be willing to spend a first round draft pick on (if I were a GM) I can count on one hand: LaDanian Tomlinson, Chris Johnson, Brian Westbrook, Adrian Peterson... And that doesn't take into account all of the 2nd, 3rd, 4th round picks that have really contributed over the years.

There's only one running back in this year's class that might be worthy of a first round pick and that's CJ Spiller, who will probably be gone long before pick #24.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 06:22 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Well that in between the tackles rb, would sure be help full, when in the redzone and your passing space is limited.
Old 02-18-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Well that in between the tackles rb, would sure be help full, when in the redzone and your passing space is limited.
This. Or a tall WR.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:54 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

The point is - you don't have to blow a first round pick on running back. More than any other skill position, running backs are mostly interchangeable. You can get adequate red zone performance from any number of backs in the later rounds.

Not to mention that the real problem in the red zone for the Eagles this year was the offensive line, and not the running back. Once they stabilize the offensive line, and resign FB Leonard Weaver, either McCoy or any big 3rd round / 4th round back should be able to easily pick up those yards.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
The point is - you don't have to blow a first round pick on running back. More than any other skill position, running backs are mostly interchangeable. You can get adequate red zone performance from any number of backs in the later rounds.

Not to mention that the real problem in the red zone for the Eagles this year was the offensive line, and not the running back. Once they stabilize the offensive line, and resign FB Leonard Weaver, either McCoy or any big 3rd round / 4th round back should be able to easily pick up those yards.
I don't agree with your point that runners are interchangeable and you can get a runner in the late rounds, and here is why:
Of the top 32 rushers in the NFL this season, 16 of them were 1st rounders, 4 were 2nd round picks, 3 were third round picks, 2 were 4th round picks, 2 were 5th round picks, none were 6th round picks, 1 was a 7th round pick and 4 were UFAs. Yeah not exactly what you're trying to depict.

But I do agree with you when you say the Eagles shouldn't waste a first round pick on a RB especially when the new starter is already in place (SHADY). Like you said if the Eagles feel as if they really need a power back there are a multitude of them available in the third and fourth rounds.

But I think a common misconception in this thread is that size=redzone success, which simply isn't true, we all saw what Hank Baskett did with his frame, absolutely nothing. And guys who are effective in the redzone are guys like Reggie Wayne, Marvin Harrison, Greg Jennings and at one point Laverneus Coles was fairly effective as well. What matters in the redzone is precision and execution, not power and size and I think part of the redzone woes is Donovan McNabb who as well all know isn't the most accurate guy and he struggles when the field is compacted the way it is in the redzone. Plus if anyone knew how effective execution and precision was in the redzone I would think Eagles fans would know after watching Brian Westbrook be a redzone beast for years and years and we all know he isn't a 6' tall 230 pound bruiser. LeSean McCoy does the same things Westbrook does and when he develops further I would expect to see McCoy used in many of the same ways Westbrook was, which should help redzone issues. Also I hate to turn this into a look at Kolb post, but while he doesn't have a McNabb style arm what he does have is accuracy and precision and former Eagles coach John Harbaugh noticed this when he called Kolb unstoppable in the redzone when he went against him in practice.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:05 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

What was the source of that Harbaugh quote about getting killed in the red zone, anyway?

When did Kolb practice against the Ravens? Am I missing something here?
Old 02-19-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
What was the source of that Harbaugh quote about getting killed in the red zone, anyway?

When did Kolb practice against the Ravens? Am I missing something here?
Haurbaugh was the defensive backs coach of the Eagles and the source was Harbaugh himself he said it at a press conference.
Old 02-20-2010, 10:41 PM    (permalink
eagles6606
Rookie

eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eagles6606 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
If you're the Eagles, you don't keep your 1st round pick this year. There's not really any value there for us. I doubt Brandon Graham, Everson Griffin, or Earl Thomas last until our pick.
There is huge value for the Eagles first round pick. I think that we will look to trade up, not down. Defensive End and Safety are the Eagles top two needs and it is a strength of the draft. I think we will target a player and go get him.
eagles6606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2010, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Trading up will not happen. The Eagles aren't stupid, this year is probably the last draft where rookies get free reign on the money they get and I doubt the Eagles will want to be one of the teams that will be paying one of the last huge rookie contracts.

Trade up a couple spots? Maybe but there is no way possible in my mind that the Eagles will trade into the top 16 to grab a player.
Old 02-21-2010, 09:54 AM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

What player would we trade up for? I don't see the point in trying to trade up for some of these DE's and S's. I would be so pissed if we traded up to get a Taylor Mays.
Old 02-21-2010, 10:07 AM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
What player would we trade up for? I don't see the point in trying to trade up for some of these DE's and S's. I would be so pissed if we traded up to get a Taylor Mays.
did anyone expect Maclin to fall last year. If a good player is there move up.

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by camp_eagles View Post
did anyone expect Maclin to fall last year. If a good player is there move up.
Yes, but what I am saying is this: What good player that could help this team has the chance to fall to us?
Old 02-21-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Earl Thomas, McClain, Morgan, Kindle, Griffen, Haden, last year they moved up 10 spots and didn't cost them and insane amount.
Old 02-21-2010, 01:57 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Earl Thomas, McClain, Morgan, Kindle, Griffen, Haden, last year they moved up 10 spots and didn't cost them and insane amount.
they? Are you referring to the Eagles? Because they moved up 2 spots, not 10.

Earl Thomas will be available for the Eagles, McClain isn't needed because of Stewart Bradley, Sergio Kindle will be there for the Eagles and so will Everson Griffen. Joe Haden is a top 10 prospect and Derrick Morgan would have to suck at the combine to fall far enough for the Eagles to trade up.
Old 02-21-2010, 02:32 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
they? Are you referring to the Eagles? Because they moved up 2 spots, not 10.

Earl Thomas will be available for the Eagles, McClain isn't needed because of Stewart Bradley, Sergio Kindle will be there for the Eagles and so will Everson Griffen. Joe Haden is a top 10 prospect and Derrick Morgan would have to suck at the combine to fall far enough for the Eagles to trade up.
hey man crazy things can happen, I thought the Eagles were at 28.
Old 02-22-2010, 12:19 PM    (permalink
camp_eagles
Rookie

camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.camp_eagles is so money.

Quote:
hey man crazy things can happen, I thought the Eagles were at 28.
No the 28th was traded for Peters

Thanks Eaglez.Fan

For Everybody:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=w5bk7S9z20A

R.I.P. JJ
camp_eagles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 02:42 PM    (permalink
cunningham06
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.cunningham06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr2MOiEnnF8

The only player I would trade up for is The Eric Berry. Eric Berrrrrrrryyy very scarrrrryyy.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Yeah that is the only guy I would even want the Eagles to move up for.

Since a signing of Julius Peppers appears like it has a good chance of happening, my latest mock has been thrown out the window. If the Eagles sign Julius Peppers my mock for the first three rounds would look like this:
1- Earl Thomas FS Texas
-I kind of feel like I need to explain this one, yeah he has tackling issues and is weak in run support, but the guy is a playmaker that much is clear, he has good hands and he has the ability to read a QB's eyes. That and he can double as a CB and he can match up with anyone in man to man coverage so he allows the defense to do more stuff than they normally would.
2- Kareem Jackson CB Alabama
3 (Seattle)- AJ Edds LB Iowa
3- Larry Asante S Nebraska
Old 02-23-2010, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2 safeties? I'd much rather grab a RB in the 3rd.