Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum

Kansas City Chiefs Team Forum Discuss the Chiefs

View Poll Results: Who ya' got?
Kansas City Chiefs 1 7.69%
Baltimore Ravens 12 92.31%
Undecided 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-13-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Leggett is holding his own, doing a very good job, actually... He hasn't made any mistakes, and has been doing his job. The Chiefs are just letting the Ravens shoot themselves in the foot by playing solid fundamentals and not making mistakes. Leggett's doing a great job, imo.
What game have you been watching?
Old 09-13-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jon Runyan must be signed tommorow morning
Old 09-13-2009, 04:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In till the Chiefs make a real effort to fix the OL they will not make the playoffs end of story...

I'm not talking about picking up players in their mid 30's either or drafting players in the 5th round or later.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am livid at the Ravens. Instead of taking the FG, which pretty much guarantees a victory as well with as much time on the clock and us having no TOs.. they go for the TD? On 4th down? If they don't make it, we have 35 seconds and we're only down by 7.

That just screams classless to me. Running up the score for the sake of it is stupid when a FG accomplishes the same thing and is a lot less risky.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Great teams keep fighting till the bell is rung must be nice.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
In till the Chiefs make a real effort to fix the OL they will not make the playoffs end of story...

I'm not talking about picking up players in their mid 30's either or drafting players in the 5th round or later.
Lawl, we drafted Branden Albert in the first last year, so it's obvious they're decided it is a place that needs work. You're acting as if we haven't made a move to fix it at all, which we have.

You also forget that we had no Cassel and no Flowers starting today. That could have made a difference.

Old 09-13-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
T-RICH49
All-NFLDC

T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.T-RICH49 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the game was closer then the score says it was IMO
Old 09-13-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Lawl, we drafted Branden Albert in the first last year, so it's obvious they're decided it is a place that needs work. You're acting as if we haven't made a move to fix it at all, which we have.
My bad taking one OT in the first round since we drafted John Tait makes up for all the other times we ignored the problem.

Lets face it the Chiefs knew how bad the OL was before FA and the darft and basically all they did to try and fix it was pick up a 34 year old RG and drafted some OT no body had ever heard of in the 5th round.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
My bad taking one OT in the first round since we drafted John Tait makes up for all the other times we ignored the problem.

Lets face it the Chiefs knew how bad the OL was before FA and the darft and basically all they did to try and fix it was pick up a 34 year old RG and drafted some OT no body had ever heard of in the 5th round.
Ya, what about Alleman and Ndukwe? Forget about those guys? Or O'Callaghan?

It's OBVIOUS they see it as a problem and have taken steps to improve it. It won't be a top unit this year so if you're holding your breath for that you might as well stop.

Last edited by vidae : 09-13-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Ya, what about Alleman and Ndukwe? Forget about those guys? Or O'Callaghan?
I said they need to make a real effort to fix the problem not put a band aid on it.

I know this is not a playoff team but we are going on year four of having a mix match offensive line that is just a joke.
Old 09-13-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-RICH49 View Post
the game was closer then the score says it was IMO
It was a close game.

In the end, we didn't look like we were going to contend for a Super Bowl or even a playoff spot, but we KNEW this coming into the season. With that being said, he gave them a fight which I didn't expect for us to do in the first place.

Surprisingly we almost won this game, and a few plays here and there and we could have had an upset win. With Flowers and Cassel back, we at least showed we aren't going to lay down. It is obvious our glaring issue is the offensive line but we are also playing the Baltimore Ravens defense which is going to spotlight our issues even more.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Sorry to come off like an ass you guys.

I'm just so sick of the false hope they keep giving us they fought hard and just fell apart in the end that happend so many times last year and to start off the same way is very disheartening.

I expected us to lose but then when I saw them sticking with them I got my hopes up and then got let down once again very frustrating I would give just about any thing for a W. :(
Old 09-13-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:

I'm just so sick of the false hope they keep giving us they fought hard and just fell apart in the end that happend so many times last year and to start off the same way is very disheartening.

I expected us to lose but then when I saw them sticking with them I got my hopes up and then got let down once again very frustrating I would give just about any thing for a W. :(
You're not alone bro. When it was 14 to 10 I was ecstatic.

Even though it sucks, you gotta look at the bright side.. hopefully we'll be better with Cassel and Flowers back. We played a very good team tough to the end. Our defense was pretty damn good this week.

It sucks, but it's all about the bright side!

Old 09-13-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
AJHawk50
Veteran

AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.AJHawk50 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
You're not alone bro. When it was 14 to 10 I was ecstatic.

Even though it sucks, you gotta look at the bright side.. hopefully we'll be better with Cassel and Flowers back. We played a very good team tough to the end. Our defense was pretty damn good this week.

It sucks, but it's all about the bright side!
I know it, I was so pumped when we actually had the lead today. I hate heartbreak losses or close game losses the most. But as mentioned, we showed some good signs and kept in the ball game against an AFC contender in Baltimore.

Go Packers, Chiefs, Mizzou Tigers, Kansas City Royals, Chicago Bulls, No. 31 Jeff Burton!
AJHawk50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:54 AM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What game have you been watching?
I was watching the game in which Maurice Leggett did his job, and did it well. When you play a team like Baltimore who has a virtually inpenetrable OL, you just have to sit back and play it safe. Minimize YAC and don't lose your man. Leggett played exactly how they needed him to.

When you're forced to play it safe like that, things are going to be open for the offense over the middle. Baltimore is built to take advantage of these situations with big WRs and two damn good TEs.

The Chiefs did a great job all-around on defense, they just needed the offense to do more for itself earlier in the game.

Quote:

You're not going to see a complete overhaul of the OL because that's the worst way to fix it at this point. They've made moves and brought in guys to compete for the weak spots along the line. The best way to build an OL is over time. They weren't ready for Baltimore, but the unit will be decent in a few weeks.

Quote:

False hope? This team is as good as they showed us yesterday, and they'll be better as they get Cassel back and the OL starts to shape itself (keep in mind 3 of the guys competing for the weak spots are new to the team). They are going to compete for a playoff spot for sure. They're, at worst, a 7-win team.
nepg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Our D did some good things but to say they played "great" is a little much I think they should be middle of the pack but to say they will be fighting for a playoff spot is a little much.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:11 AM    (permalink
BPhilb
Veteran

BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.BPhilb is so money.

Quote:
Our D did some good things but to say they played "great" is a little much I think they should be middle of the pack but to say they will be fighting for a playoff spot is a little much.

Great might be a little much, but the fact that our offense coulnd't stay on the field really hurt the D. I thought they played well given the circumstances.
BPhilb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nepg is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Middle of the pack is fighting for a playoff spot.

I've had them going 4-2 in their division since before training camp, and winning 4+ games out of their remaining schedule isn't beyond comprehension. I have them as a 7-win team at worst, but am predicting a 9-7 effort. From what we saw Sunday, and what I think will happen with the OL, that might be underselling what this team is capable of this year.

Last edited by nepg : 09-14-2009 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 03:30 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nepg View Post
Middle of the pack is fighting for a playoff spot.

I've had them going 4-2 in their division since before training camp, and winning 4+ games out of their remaining schedule isn't beyond comprehension. I have them as a 7-win team at worst, but am predicting a 9-7 effort. From what we saw Sunday, and what I think will happen with the OL, that might be underselling what this team is capable of this year.
I meant middle of the pack in D I don't see two teams from our Div going to the playoffs and I don't see any won winning the Div other then SD.
Old 09-14-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I am livid at the Ravens. Instead of taking the FG, which pretty much guarantees a victory as well with as much time on the clock and us having no TOs.. they go for the TD? On 4th down? If they don't make it, we have 35 seconds and we're only down by 7.

That just screams classless to me. Running up the score for the sake of it is stupid when a FG accomplishes the same thing and is a lot less risky.
Vidae we weren't trying to run the score up, we have basically a rookie kicker and he had already missed 1 FG and got booed off the field. His confidence was shaky and we didn't need to give him an oppurtunity to be run out of town in week 1 (even though if you listen to the radio thats basically happening today). We ran it because if you stopped us you would have had to go 99 yards on our defense, and if you couldn't stop us it was game over. Could we have just kicked the FG yes but if he misses that then his confidence is completely gone. I don't think it was classless as much as it was a decision to protect our kicker mentally.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdReedUnstoppable View Post
Vidae we weren't trying to run the score up, we have basically a rookie kicker and he had already missed 1 FG and got booed off the field. His confidence was shaky and we didn't need to give him an oppurtunity to be run out of town in week 1 (even though if you listen to the radio thats basically happening today). We ran it because if you stopped us you would have had to go 99 yards on our defense, and if you couldn't stop us it was game over. Could we have just kicked the FG yes but if he misses that then his confidence is completely gone. I don't think it was classless as much as it was a decision to protect our kicker mentally.
Yeah, I don't completely disagree with you, but you have to remember that my post was sort of in the heat of the moment. I still think you kick the FG and move on because it's essentially a chip shot and if your kicker misses that, he shouldn't be on the team anyway!

I'm not nearly as pissed as I was then. It was just frustration at having come so close and still losing. Losing 24 out of 26 will do that to you. Take no offense and forgive this particular Chiefs fan for that whining rant. :P

Old 09-14-2009, 10:55 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Yeah, I don't completely disagree with you, but you have to remember that my post was sort of in the heat of the moment. I still think you kick the FG and move on because it's essentially a chip shot and if your kicker misses that, he shouldn't be on the team anyway!

I'm not nearly as pissed as I was then. It was just frustration at having come so close and still losing. Losing 24 out of 26 will do that to you. Take no offense and forgive this particular Chiefs fan for that whining rant. :P
I understand man, I was talking to a friend of mine after the game and we were remembering how last year the same kind of late losses happened to you guys alot. And I kept sayin man, as much as it sucks to lose late to me thats a good thing, it means that you are very close to being a winning team. All it will take is to win a couple of those games late and the whole culture turns back around.

I think you guys will be fine this year, murderers row schedule to start the season doesn't help but it should toughen you guys up and bring your team together right away.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
nepg
Icon

They went for the TD because if they didn't get it, the Chiefs would have the ball at their own 1-half yard line. They're also giving the Chiefs a chance to not have any points go up on the board if they can stop the run. The Patriots do the same thing. It's more of a respect thing than a disrespect thing. Gives the other team a chance to keep the score what it should be (31-24 in the case of KC-Balt) if their defense really wants it.

The Chiefs were still playing at that point (Haley used the time out), so why should the Ravens lay down?

Last edited by nepg : 09-15-2009 at 12:31 PM.