Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 11-18-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
danzing1488
Rookie

danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488
Default Riley Cooper....

Here is an intriguing prospect that seems to be coming on at the right time, a player who has a ton of "upside". 6'3 215lbs...anywhere from sub 4.4 to low 4.5 times have been assigned to him (the combine will sort that out, I'm guessing low 4.4....how's 4.42 as my estimate) that type of speed with that size should, in a fair world, put him in the same breath as Arrelious Benn & Dez Bryant, both players who supposedly are projected to be low to mid 1st round picks even though neither one of them has the production to match the hype they both receive. Let's just look at the facts, he is big, fast, explosive (check out him running AWAY from the south carolina secondary on his 68 yard TD run this past weekend) with pretty good hands. In my opinion, I would take a Jordan Shipley or a Mardy Gillard before him, because they produced more on the field, even thou he is a better athlete then either of them. If this guy finishes the year strong, and blows up the combine like the Gator coaches are saying he will, should be a solid mid to late 2nd round pick, 3rd round at worst. So, my esteemed colleagues, would you care to venture an opinion on Mr. Cooper?
danzing1488 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

A White Florida Wide Receiver?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:40 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4.56, no way he runs a 4.42 or anything under a 4.5 imo

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:43 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzing1488 View Post
Arrelious Benn & Dez Bryant, both players who supposedly are projected to be low to mid 1st round picks even though neither one of them has the production to match the hype they both receive.
Benn has/had three awful QBs his whole career.

Dez put up 17 catches for 323 yards (19.0 per) and four touchdowns in three games this year. He also added a punt return for a TD and averaged 37 ypr. Last season, he was a Biletnikoff finalist with 87 catches, 1,480 yards (17.01 per) and 19 TD, and added two punt returns for TDs and averaged nearly 18 ypr.

Gee, I sure do wish Bryant had produced some in the college game. It's probably just a ploy to keep the white man down. How come you never answered to my post when I replied Wes Welker to your ludicrous claim that "any white player running slower than a 4.6" would be banned from the NFL"?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would be fine using a mid round pick on him, but he's not a top round talent. He'll be a reliable NFL player and could be an asset to any team as a depth receiver who is a great blocker.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
nhlkdog411
Veteran

nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.nhlkdog411 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post

Dez put up 17 catches for 323 yards (19.0 per) and four touchdowns in three games this year. He also added a punt return for a TD and averaged 37 ypr. Last season, he was a Biletnikoff finalist with 87 catches, 1,480 yards (17.01 per) and 19 TD, and added two punt returns for TDs and averaged nearly 18 ypr.

Gee, I sure do wish Bryant had produced some in the college game. It's probably just a ploy to keep the white man down. How come you never answered to my post when I replied Wes Welker to your ludicrous claim that "any white player running slower than a 4.6" would be banned from the NFL"?
I'm pretty sure you misunderstood his claim which I believe was that any white skill position player running faster than 4.6 would be blackballed.
nhlkdog411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
danzing1488
Rookie

danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488 danzing1488

Quote:

Well sir, despite a stellar college career, Mr. Welker went undrafted & got cut from the Chargers? I think we all would agree right now that Mr. Welker is a top 10 receiver in the league, would you not. I think Welker proves my point about the double standard when it comes to white skill position players, not the other way around.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
danzing1488
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhlkdog411 View Post
I'm pretty sure you misunderstood his claim which I believe was that any white skill position player running faster than 4.6 would be blackballed.
No I meant that any white skill position player running a 4.6 or higher time would be banned from the league, even thou for some reason, Aquion Boldin's mid 4.7 time seems to be a-ok for him, and I think, although they possess different skill sets, Welker is neck and neck for the better overall receiver.
Old 11-18-2009, 05:56 PM    (permalink
Trivia
Rookie

Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
You must be a negro.

Quote:

Another negro doubting...

Quickness over speed.
Trivia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 05:57 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well sir, despite a stellar college career, Mr. Welker went undrafted & got cut from the Chargers?
Timmy Chang went undrafted despite a prolific career at Hawaii. Is the NFL opposed to Asians, too?

Quote:
I think we all would agree right now that Mr. Welker is a top 10 receiver in the league, would you not.
No, I wouldn't. He's the best slot guy in the NFL, but he wouldn't have the numbers if it weren't for Moss. Guys off the top of my head that I'd take before Welker, in no order.

Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
DeSean Jackson
Reggie Wayne
Andre Johnson
Vincent Jackson
Steve Smith
Roddy White
Donald Driver
Marques Colston
Greg Jennings
Anquan Boldin
Brandon Marshall

I'm surely forgetting a few.

Quote:
I think Welker proves my point about the double standard when it comes to white skill position players, not the other way around.
He doesn't. Try again.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
danzing1488
Rookie

Quote:
Timmy Chang went undrafted despite a prolific career at Hawaii. Is the NFL opposed to Asians, too?

No, I wouldn't. He's the best slot guy in the NFL, but he wouldn't have the numbers if it weren't for Moss. Guys off the top of my head that I'd take before Welker, in no order.

Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
DeSean Jackson
Reggie Wayne
Andre Johnson
Vincent Jackson
Steve Smith
Roddy White
Donald Driver
Marques Colston
Greg Jennings
Anquan Boldin
Brandon Marshall

He doesn't. Try again.
No sir, with all due respect, your a lost cause.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
danzing1488
Rookie

Try to stay on topic, I know your attention span must be very short, so get off Welker.....and back on Cooper.....ok?
Old 11-18-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
Trivia
Rookie

Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.Trivia is so money.

Quote:

Randy Moss
Larry Fitzgerald
Calvin Johnson
DeSean Jackson
Reggie Wayne
Andre Johnson
Vincent Jackson
Steve Smith
Roddy White
Donald Driver
Marques Colston
Greg Jennings
Anquan Boldin
Brandon Marshall

He doesn't. Try again.
The thing is that Toby Gerhart was barely even a RB. They wouldn't offer him a scholarship as an RB probably because he was white. Only one school did i think, Welker is a great player and Randy Moss does take the pressure off him, but that doesn't mean he sucks. He's still one of the top Receivers.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's about more than measurables, danzing. Riley Cooper had a really hard time cracking the lineup at UF. Besides, he doesn't look 6'3 to me at all. And if he runs a sub 4.45, I'd be smacked in the face.

Also, you gotta have production on the field that supports your pre-draft test numbers. Not saying he can't play, but it has nothing to do with his paint job.

EDIT: Apparently the kid is a superior athlete, but I don't think he originally came to UF as a WR. Anyway, why not judge a prospect on his merits instead of making it an issue about color?

Trust me, if you're white, 6'3, 215#, run a 4.3-4.4 and put up big numbers as a WR, the NFL could care less what color you are.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
Trivia
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
It's about more than measurables, danzing. Riley Cooper had a really hard time cracking the lineup at UF. Besides, he doesn't look 6'3 to me at all. And if he runs a sub 4.45, I'd be smacked in the face.

Also, you gotta have production on the field that supports your pre-draft test numbers. Not saying he can't play, but it has nothing to do with his paint job.

EDIT: Apparently the kid is a superior athlete, but I don't think he originally came to UF as a WR. Anyway, why not judge a prospect on his merits instead of making it an issue about color?

Trust me, if you're white, 6'3, 215#, run a 4.3-4.4 and put up big numbers as a WR, the NFL could care less what color you are.
Unless you are indian...
Old 11-18-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivia View Post
The thing is that Toby Gerhart was barely even a RB. They wouldn't offer him a scholarship as an RB probably because he was white. Only one school did i think, Welker is a great player and Randy Moss does take the pressure off him, but that doesn't mean he sucks. He's still one of the top Receivers.
Huh? Are you talking about Welker??
Old 11-18-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Not sure if that is total tongue in cheek or not because he was running 4.35 out of highschool and runs away from SECzzzz guys on a quite regular basis.

One of the things that actually hurts Coop that the OP fails to mention is he was a baseball/football guy who couldnt make up his mind with whom to play his spring ball. Add to that he is actually hindered by submarine thrower Tim Tebow who isnt able to stretch the defense and you probably have an underrated WR going into the combine. If he can run under 4.4 at the combine, like i think he will, at 6-3 215 he may get a second round look. Dont think he can get into the 1st round but Matt Jones did and he was less polished as a WR out of college.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Omgzzzz A Tim Tebowzzz Wr!!!! Draft Cooperzzzz And Shipeyzzzz!!! Championshipzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:24 PM    (permalink
Trivia
Rookie

Quote:
Huh? Are you talking about Welker??
No, white players.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
danzing1488
Rookie

Quote:

Not true, Jordy Nelson put up Braylan Edwards type production in college, Brayen Edwards type athleticism at the combine (Nelson ran a 4.48 and Edwards ran a 4.45 at his pro day) has better hands then Edwards, but for some strangeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee reason, Edwards goes 3rd in the draft, and Nelson goes 36th.....u do the math
Old 11-18-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
OneToughGame
Veteran

OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.OneToughGame is so money.

Quote:
No sir, with all due respect, your a lost cause.
Irony.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebowfan85 View Post
too bad the Sea hawks are starting Hasselback and not Whitehorsest (sp)They are gonna loose any ways .
OneToughGame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Prepared to be smacked in the face come combine time

I think the production will have an effect on his draft status but i also think 17 ypc shows he's got some giddyup.

He did come to the Gators as a WR and outfielder and i'm really trying to judge him based on his ability

Totally agree
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Not true, Jordy Nelson put up Braylan Edwards type production in college, Brayen Edwards type athleticism at the combine (Nelson ran a 4.48 and Edwards ran a 4.45 at his pro day) has better hands then Edwards, but for some strangeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee reason, Edwards goes 3rd in the draft, and Nelson goes 36th.....u do the math
I mean, if you're going to make ridiculously dumb statements, please make sure there's not a huge homer for that player in the thread.

Braylon Edwards' college stats- 252 catches, 3,541 yards, 14.05 ypc, 39 TD out of a pro-style offense, won the Biletnikoff
Jordy Nelson's college stats- 206 catches 2,822 yards, 13.69 ypc, 20 TD out of a spread offense
Old 11-18-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

Quote:
I watched a lot Michigan games during Edwards last season, not so much for Nelson. Edwards punked the entire Big Ten and established almost every major receiving record at UM and also set the conference record for TDs. He also had 3 years of 1000 yard receiving at UM.

Jordy Nelson had a monster senior year at K-State, but IMO he wasn't dominant in the same way the Edwards was for 4 years at Michigan.

I think both their careers thus far in the pros support their draft positions; Edwards was a pro bowler on a horrible Browns team, Jordy I believe is the 2nd/3rd WR for Green Bay.

Again, it's not an issue about color; Nelson has nice athleticism and size, but I don't believe he's the caliber of WR, ( yet) of a Braylon Edwards.

I don't know how you manage to watch pro football if you see everything as a Black/White issue.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:14 PM    (permalink
dex
Rookie

dex smells like sex panther.dex smells like sex panther.

He has actually be timed as a 4.3 guy. He was one of the names on the Florida Gators plaque i saw near the Gators workout room. There was a list of guys of 40 times, 20 times and other workout times.

Maybe they were hand times i do not know. If he did go to the combine i think he could run a 4.4.

Also i think he is easily the best blocker at the WR position in this years class. I've seen more than 5 pancakes this year from him. He is a beast of a blocker for a WR.

Not a very good route runner but he is tough as they come. 2 times this year i saw him go all out and run to the sidelines to throwup because of the flu stuff that went around.

If he didn't get drafted into the MLB he would have a future in the NFL.
dex is offline   Reply With Quote