Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2015 NFL Draft Forum

2015 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2015 NFL Draft

Old 09-17-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostDeini View Post
Two weeks into the season and Michael Floyd is the best player in NCAA.
I'm not sure about that because he was effective for a game and a half. Maybe the best pro prospect but he has competition from his own class in Julio Jones and AJ Green.

Best NCAA player is Tim Tebow till someone proves me wrong.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
I'm not sure about that because he was effective for a game and a half. Maybe the best pro prospect but he has competition from his own class in Julio Jones and AJ Green.

Best NCAA player is Tim Tebow till someone proves me wrong.
By virtue of his position and that team, I agree with you, but as a pure player, I'll take Eric Berry all day as the best player in the country.

He is football's equivalent to a 5-tool player
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
ironman4579
All-Pro

ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ironman4579 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBanger View Post
Do you mean the 150+ receiving yards and 2 TDs he gave up? If you consider that limiting their influence (ND WRs dominated both CBs), then you are out of your friggin skull. If Tate didn't drop two big plays against Warren, then Warren would have looked almost as bad... not that bad since that's very hard to do, but you get my point.

I usually don't rep people, but this is deserving of a neg rep
I disagree on the Warren comment. Tate dropped one ball against Warren, the other was against Cissoko. And you can call it a drop, and yes Tate should have had it, but Warren did get his arm on Tate's arm as the ball got there, and did get a piece of the ball. I just rewatched the game. In the first quarter, Warren was thrown at twice, and gave up one catch for 5 yards. In the second quarter, thrown at 3 times, gave up 2 catches for 22 yards and a TD. In the third quarter he wasn't thrown at. And in the fourth, thrown at 4 times, gave up 1 catch for 7 yards. Thrown at a total of 9 times, gave up 4 catches for 34 yards and a TD.

He also gave up 2 catches in zone coverage, but that's something I expected as his zone awareness is still nowhere near his man coverage skills. But I'm sorry, giving up 4 catches for 34 yards against that passing attack is an outstanding day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakey View Post
WWWWWWWWWTTTTTTTTTTTTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!

i am literally gonna kick a baby to death!
ironman4579 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironman4579 View Post
I disagree on the Warren comment. Tate dropped one ball against Warren, the other was against Cissoko. And you can call it a drop, and yes Tate should have had it, but Warren did get his arm on Tate's arm as the ball got there, and did get a piece of the ball. I just rewatched the game. In the first quarter, Warren was thrown at twice, and gave up one catch for 5 yards. In the second quarter, thrown at 3 times, gave up 2 catches for 22 yards and a TD. In the third quarter he wasn't thrown at. And in the fourth, thrown at 4 times, gave up 1 catch for 7 yards. Thrown at a total of 9 times, gave up 4 catches for 34 yards and a TD.

He also gave up 2 catches in zone coverage, but that's something I expected as his zone awareness is still nowhere near his man coverage skills. But I'm sorry, giving up 4 catches for 34 yards against that passing attack is an outstanding day.
Those are the correct numbers. Plus rep for knowing what you're talking about. The zone plays were excellent reads by him. Short passes and an immediate tackle. Given the two passes, that's about as good as you can defend it since the guy who made the catch wasn't his primary concern (deep route to hold him deeper and the guy coming underneath made the catch... if he bites early on the short, then deep ball between the CB and S is a lot easier, so he did his job). I wouldn't count that against him since he made the tackle quickly.

Something that I didn't come out and say was the fact that Warren wanted no part of Floyd. I think he had a bad game as an NFL prospect (not as a college player... I wouldn't call it outstanding though, but I wouldn't call it bad either... good and a little lucky). I don't think he matched up with Floyd five times in the whole game... that ticked me off, and Floyd just killed him on that TD. Floyd doesn't even run a route on that TD. He just runs off the line and waits for Jimmy to throw it up (He was literally looking back the whole the time... good time for Warren to come up and jack him up? I think so). What's Warren do? He's got the best seat in the house and he doesn't even put a ******* hand on him. Have you ever seen him jam a WR? Use his hands? Ever? This is really the first year I've ever focused in on him after hearing the first round hype, so I honestly don't know. Not to mention, when Floyd went out of the game, the other guy (Cisscko... sicko... whatever) started covering Tate and he took that one dude, Evans, and gave up a quick hitter to him. Warren showed me nothing. The first play where he broke up the deep ball on Tate, if that's Floyd, that's a TD. If that's Greg Jennings, Larry Fitzgerald, Randy Moss, TO, Chad Johnson, Reggie Wayne... that's a TD. They wont over run it and try to catch it on their hip, they stop and attack the ball right over him. I look at him as a prospect in that vein, and in that vein, he had a horrid game since I consider how bad his technique is, his lackluster speed and nonexistent redirecting of WRs. An NFL WR will get open on him all day if he doesn't jam him. He doesn't have great speed, but he invites the deep ball since all he does is turn and run with the WR... why? If he was matched up against Floyd as much as the other guy... Floyd is putting up the same numbers, maybe more since UM didn't give him much safety help.

That's my reasoning.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PossibleCabbage View Post
I would like it if there were more successful black Quarterbacks in the NFL...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorsBullsFan View Post
I could possibly see Matthew Stafford Dropping out of the 1st round
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.
BigBanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 3:
*Sean Fisher FR OLB Nebraska: Freak athlete at linebacker, the Nebraska website has him listed as 6-6, at linebacker that is really rare, but the kid is fast, made plays all over the field and hit very aggressively, should be a flat out star in the future.

*Vaugh Telemaque FR SS Miami FL: What a safety, finally they got another good one, he is really fun to watch, hits hard, runs fast and makes plays. Should be starting the rest of the year for the Canes.

*Mason Foster JR OLB Washington: Very impressive linebacker, built like a house, very strong, moves well on the field and always is around the ball. He should be a great linebacker prospect by the end of the season.

*Tyson Alualu SR DE Cal: Noticed him last year, this year, if he keeps playing up to this level, he could be a 1st round pick, just an absolutely perfect ¾ DE prospect, almost none better than him.

*John Chiles JR WR Texas: Extremely impressed with this kids quickness, great receiving potential, very impressive he would play anywhere the team needed him to play. Big time speed and he is just a special athlete and should be a monster next year.

*Michael Mohamed JR ILB Cal: One of the top 5 inside linebackers in college football today. Outstanding on the field, plays the pass well and can stuff the run, rarely out of position, just a great player.

*Sean Cattouse SOPH SS Cal: What a baller, big time hitter, really athletic and long, should be an absolute star safety in a few years, really elite talent. He could have a All Pac-10 type of season this year.

*Onterio McCalebb FR RB Auburn: Impressive little runner, has good speed and proves the Tigers with a much needed big play threat at that position.

*Nick Perry RS FR DE USC: Big strong kid, had a fine game against Washington and should be starting the rest of the season for USC.

*Selvish Capers SR OT West Virginia: Some talked about him last year, the kid is just thick, good athlete, very powerful and should be a first day selection possibly.

*Kirk Cousins SOPH QB Michigan State: Saw a little of him, he is one to watch out for, very impressed with his command of the huddle, makes good choices and has great mechanics.

*Larry Caper FR RB Michigan State: Thick little running back, very powerful legs and should help the Spartan ground game for years to come.

*Baker Steinkuhler FR DT Nebraska: Massive man, should be an elite defensive tackle in a very short period of time, he could be a great player under Pelini.

*Roy Helu Jr JR RB Nebraska: More impressed with him this season, he is a thick runner, can run for power and break it for a long gain. Makes good catches out of the backfield and can carry the load and not wear down, very good prospect.

*Ryan Williams FR RB Virginia Tech: Good tough runner, could take Evan’s spot for good down the road.

*Dan Buckner SOPH WR Texas: Helped moved him to tight end, but still a big tall kid that is athletic and can make plays, just wait till they move him back to receiver.

*Demaryius Thomas JR WR Georgia Tech: Horrible passing game made ok by him, if he was on another school he would get a lot more attention, only question is his speed to seperate but clearly his blocking is more than ok.

*Tavarres King FR WR Georgia: Very fast young receiver, could make the Georgia receiving core flat out great in a few years.

*LaRon Byrd SOPH WR Miami FL: Very big strong kid, looks like a small tight end, made a lot of good catches and should have a real breakout year with Harris throwing him the ball.

*Jimmy Graham SR TE Miami FL: Clear project but he is tall and athletic, could have a shot potentially, too bad he did not made this decision sooner.

*Mitchell Schwartz SOPH OT Cal: Big strong kid, great feet, is going to be a very good offensive tackle prospect down the line.

Notes:
Nebraska: They are totally back, so fun watched they play now, and it all begins with the defense, they got some flat out stars on that side of the ball.

Jonathan Dwyer: So disappointed in him, it is ridiculous, what a shame he is being so unproductive, and let us not even pretend he is a FB prospect in the NFL, what a waste if he ended up there. Really hopes he can turn his season around. At least he has another season to play if he wants it.

Tyrod Taylor: Really not impressed with him so far this year, takes off to run so often, last year he wanted to commit to the pass, this year he runs way too often. Not impressed with his accuracy at all either.
Old 09-22-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Lobster
Rookie

Lobster is a cocksman.Lobster is a cocksman.Lobster is a cocksman.Lobster is a cocksman.Lobster is a cocksman.

i know this isnt his year, but i am strongly strongly on board the AJ Green bandwagon.
Lobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 10:23 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i know this isnt his year, but i am strongly strongly on board the AJ Green bandwagon.
Yes, he is clearly the best of a great group. Wonderful going up and getting the ball. This class of receivers with Floyd, Green and Jones is one of the best in years. It is crazy for Georgia though, Marlon Brown is not even playing at WR, hopefully he can redshirt.
Old 09-23-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good stuff as always Ozzy, too bad for Nebraska fans they couldnt have handled the end of that game a little better.
Old 09-23-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Good stuff as always Ozzy, too bad for Nebraska fans they couldnt have handled the end of that game a little better.
Why, what happened? Were they upset, I clearly would have been they flat out dominated all game long and lost in the final seconds. They deserved to win that game, not Virginia Tech.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

A few others for this week.

Week 3:
Daniel Thomas JR RB Kansas State: Not amazing but as a big back was impressive with very suspect talent around him. Broken tackles well and had a sense of quickness on the field, will be interesting to watch him develop down the road.

Malcolm Sheppard SR DT Arkansas: Liked him as a defensive end prospect a long time ago, now moved to defensive tackle and is quick as can be rushing the passer. A little small but very talented going after the quarterback, beats guys off the ball and should be a nice senior defensive tackle prospect come seasons end.

Logan Paulsen SR TE UCLA: Nothing outstanding here, but he is a solid tight end, long kid, moves well and I have seen less talented tight ends in the league make a roster, so he could get a shot if he consistently proves this year he is a pass catching threat and can block as well.

Note Jeffrey Fitzgerald is going to have a hard time getting relevant again. On Virginia he was a star and people knew who he was, now he has to start all over again and who knows if he will gain back that same dominance he once had at Virginia, or maybe it was just playing opposite Chris Long made he look good, regardless he has some work to do.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 4:
*BJ Daniels FR QB South Florida: What a game and what a talent, great looking athlete at quarterback, has very impressive running and cutting ability. Sure does have a nice arm as well, will be really fun to watch his develop the next few years. What a talented player, have not seen a runner like that at quarterback for awhile.

*Chad Jones JR S LSU: Played a wonderful game, just amazing in all respects, really starting to play up to his potential. Cannot wait to see him against Florida in a few weeks, and see what he can do.

*Adrian Clayborn JR DE Iowa: Talked about him a little before the season, if not everyone knew he name before, they do now. Hand an outstanding game against Penn State and made possibly one of the plays of the year on special teams. Just a great talent and is one of the hottest prospects in college football right now.

*Jason Pierre-Paul JR DE South Florida: What a possible star, great looking athlete, is extremely quick off the edge, plays with power and great leverage. Tackles aggressively and is almost a clone of Selvie, but maybe faster than him and quicker. Wonderful talent, he will be shooting up the draft rankings.

*Brandon Carter SR OG Texas Tech: Very really watched him much, but he is a very good player, love his overall demeanor on the field, tough guy and you better be looking the way he does. But it does gets him attention and he is one aggressive pass blocker and has a nasty streak. Should easily be one of the top guards taken in the draft.

*Jerome Murphy SR CB South Florida: Impressed with his toughness at corner, very aggressive, played hard and did not great beat often. Should be a very solid corner in the upcoming draft.

*Derek Moye SOPH WR Penn State: Big time receiver, has wonderful hands, really fights for the football and made two outstanding catches against Iowa. If he gets better quarterback play, he could really breakout and be a star, regardless the kid can play.

*Nate Allen SR S South Florida: Played a fine game, very quick to the ball, can hit hard and cover a lot of ground, he is a very good safety prospect and will sleep on a lot of people.

*Micah Johnson SR ILB Kentucky: Very big linebacker playing up to his potential this year. Made some good hits, gets penetration behind the line and runs well. A lot quicker to the ball than before, and with his size he will get a look at the next level for sure.

*Nick Sukay SOPH SS Penn State: I liked him, he was around the ball a lot, good size and is a big hitter.

*Broderick Binns SOPH DE Iowa: Very athletic defensive end, looks bigger than he is, quick off the edge and should develop into a fine talent.

*Marcell Dareus SOPH DE Alabama: Very aggressive bull rushing defensive end, another taylor made ¾ DE. Big kid, and should develop into a wonderful talent in Saban’s defense. Could be and should be a consistent starter by years end.

*Karl Klug JR DT Iowa: Very solid defensive tackle, quick off the ball, gets penetration and plays on a consistent level.

*Pat Angerer SR ILB Iowa: Clearly played a very good game, was all over the field, reacts correctly and tackles aggressively. Starting to make a name for himself, will see if he continues it for the rest of the year.

*Patrick DiMarco JR FB South Carolina: Really liked how he played the game, very tough kid, can carry the ball if needed, he is physical, thick and is potentially a sound full back prospect.

*Damario Jeffery FR OLB/SS South Carolina: Great looking athlete, saw some time on the field, looks like a linebacker, very built and very quick to the ball. Part of a great recruiting class for South Carolina, and he could be a real star down the road.

*Jerrell Powe JR DT Ole Miss: Really like how low he gets to the ground, hard to block, really plugs up the middle and could be a fine NT prospect come next season, very good player.

*Pat Patterson FR WR Ole Miss: Did not do much but his physical size is really amazing, just looks like a great player and I am sure in time he will develop into one, what a physically impressive receiver.

*Cassius Vaughn SR CB Ole Miss: Really liked how he tackled, he is a tough physical corner and could surprise some people come draft day, can never have too many good tackling corners.

*Mark Barron SOPH SS Alabama: Good young safety for Bama, another big tall safety that can hit, will be interesting to watch him develop.

*Marcus Gilbert JR OT Florida: Love his offensive tackle, very athletic kid, big, strong, blocks down field and moves well on the field. Sure he has some work to do but he is a great looking talent and is one of the reasons they can run the ball so well.

*Vontaze Burfict FR ILB Arizona State: Just physically he is a player to watch, very developed and plays the game well. Should be a straight up star in the next few years, already has a NFL body.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:35 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Note on Broderick Binns.

He only goes about 6'1 1/2 260, but his wingspan is 6'9. Which, combined with his low pad level, really makes him tough to block.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 5:
*Selvish Capers SR OT West Virginia: To me he is by far the #1 offensive tackle prospect in the upcoming draft. He is such a great athlete, can push defenders out of the way and physically dominate more than any tackle I have seen this year. Come draft day he should be the first OT taken.

*Eric Decker SR WR Minnesota: To me he has potential to be the #1 receiver prospect in the nation. No receiver comes close to his hand eye coordination and his ability to go up in the air and get the football is amazing. He can block as well, very tough and runs good routes. Easily should be a first round pick, sure some might question his speed, but dare I say he has Larry Fitzgerald qualities.

*Ray Ray Armstrong FR SS Miami FL: Finally get to see him play a little, huge kid, very physically impressive but let us stop the Sean Taylor comparisons. He is an impressive athlete though and seems to tackle aggressively; he gives the Canes two fine young safeties in the middle of that defense.

*Jarrett Brown West Virginia: What an improvement over all the previous season he played at West Virginia. Physically he does not look like the same player. He is a wonderful looking athlete, very strong and his throwing arm is not bad at all. As a project quarterback he is outstanding and considering thin class for senior quarterbacks, he could get picked up in the draft.

*Jay Dudley SOPH OLB La Tech: Great looking athlete at LB, moves on the field very well, is quick to the ball and very active. He is one of a group of talented young linebackers for Louisiana Tech.

*Gabe Carimi JR OT Wisconsin: Very big kid, really impressive as a run blocker, moves people out of the way, seems to have good strength and is a solid pass protector as well, he is one of the better young tackle prospects in the nation.

*Dedrick Epps SR TE Miami FL: Had a great game, always liked his build but he is producing a lot more this season. Gets down the field, makes hard catches in traffic and can take a hit and keep going, very good tight end as a senior.

*Jeremy Beal JR DE OU: Played a great game, got to the quarterback, was a real disruptive force on the field. Very thick kid, quick around the edge and strong at the point of attack, very nice game for him and surprisingly he was the most impressive Oklahoma defensive lineman in that game.

*Noel Devine JR RB West Virginia: Played a great game, clearly was dominate against a weak defense, but still shows some ability to be a change of pace back in the NFL. If he keeps up this level of production he could really increase his draft stock.

*Tyrone Duplessis FR RB La Tech: Love his change of direction ability, thick legs, low to the ground, should be a fine player for them down the line.

*Robert Sands SOPH FS West Virginia: Awesome prospect, love his size clearly, hope he can continue to make big plays in pass defense. Wish I was a little more of him tackling, but still such an interesting prospect to watch develop.

*Scotty McKnight JR WR Colorado: Very impressive receiver, always has been consistent in route running and catching the football. Solid as can be and is a fine receiver, he should surprise a lot of people when he decides to comes out for the draft.

*Jock Sanders JR WR West Virginia: Very impressive player, another change of pace, make you miss athlete, very fast and could be killer as a slot receiver.

*Cudahy Harmon JR OT La Tech: Really like this kid, he is big, moves the pile, plays very aggressive has a stable foundation about him as a tackle. He is a player to watch for in the future.

*Brad Phillips SR FS Northwestern: Big tall safety, tackles well, and really can cover the pass, could be one of the top five safeties in the upcoming draft.

*O'Brien Schofield SR DE Wisconsin: Really like his pass rush potential and he is sure to be a prize as a ¾ outside linebacker, very impressive speed rusher.

*Garrett Graham SR TE Wisconsin: Playing really well but it is not a surprise, he is a moderately good blocker also and can clearly get down the field and make plays in the passing game when he wants too.

*Troy Stoudermire SOPH WR Minnesota: Good kick return man, very fast in the open field and could really develop into a fine special teams return prospect in a few years.

*Reshad Jones JR FS Georgia: Really played a nice game, had an amazing hit against Shepard in that game. Moves around the field well, tackles well and even though he can make a big hit, he is not a liability in pass coverage.

Note:
Arrelious Benn JR WR Illinois: Really disappointing this year, sure he has injury issues, but still the kid is not doing much, hopefully he gets back to form soon.

Charles Scott LSU: Another disappointing senior year, seems to be a lot more stiff, does not move that well and is so straight forward, if the hole is not there he is going nowhere. Still has time to turn it around but not playing the same as he did last year at all.

Isiah 'Juice' Williams Illinois: What a disappointment, seemed poised to have a fine senior year and he plays horrible football. Still will get a chance in the league maybe, but the hopes of that are fading fast with how he is playing. He better come back and play the best football he ever has, only way to save his career.
Old 10-06-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Selvish Capers. He's a good pass blocker because he's such a great athlete, but he's not even a little polished and he is constantly on the ground, plus he needs to add bulk.

I can definitely see him as a 1st round pick because of his potential, but 1st tackle taken? I don't think so
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I like Selvish Capers. He's a good pass blocker because he's such a great athlete, but he's not even a little polished and he is constantly on the ground, plus he needs to add bulk.

I can definitely see him as a 1st round pick because of his potential, but 1st tackle taken? I don't think so
I disagree, you got Okung who is a great player and could go above him but I would argue Capers has more potential down the road. Then you have Black who is good but again potential wins over that, Trent Williams some people have really high but he was not amazing against Miami this week. Fox is a good player but he is not always dominating. And as for Capers being weak run blocker, I do not see that at all, he punishes defensive players and moves them completely out of the picture. Will see how he does against better competition, but potentially I think there are none better.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
I disagree, you got Okung who is a great player and could go above him but I would argue Capers has more potential down the road. Then you have Black who is good but again potential wins over that, Trent Williams some people have really high but he was not amazing against Miami this week. Fox is a good player but he is not always dominating. And as for Capers being weak run blocker, I do not see that at all, he punishes defensive players and moves them completely out of the picture. Will see how he does against better competition, but potentially I think there are none better.
You may be right 5 years from now but i think it's going to be very hard to leapfrog Okung and Bulaga.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 5:

Some more prospects from week five.

*Jonathan Martin FR OT Stanford: He is just an outstanding offensive tackle prospect, wonderful athlete that can really move on the field. Strong aggressive run blocker who if he adds some more strength could be a dominating player, he is a great prospect.

*Owen Marecic JR FB Stanford: An amazing full back, can get down field in a hurry and punish defensive players instantly. He is a good athlete, strong at the point of attack and blocking comes really natural to him.

*Jordan Jefferson SOPH QB LSU: Still extremely raw, but clearly has a good arm, good size and is a very good athlete but is not a run first quarterback at all, he only runs when the chance is there. In time he could be a flat out star, but he is still very raw around the edges and the lack of success for the LSU offense falls on his shoulders.

*David DeCastro FR OG Stanford: Another fine Stanford offensive lineman, he is wonderful pulling and blocking down field, very good athlete who is strong at the point of attack.

*Mario Fannin JR RB Auburn: Love his ability to catch the ball out of the backfield, he is a good athlete and a very big back with great size. Part of the three headed monster at Auburn, but he is a very key part.

*Danatavious Parker SOPH QB Troy: Good power runner at quarterback, will be interesting to watch his development over the next few season, big kid who has good speed when he breaks in the open.

*Luke Stocker JR TE Tennessee: A very impressive tight end prospect, is very tall and long and runs really well down the field. Could be a fine player, but still has to work to do with his game.

*Branden Smith FR CB Georgia: Big time athlete, very good speed and could be a star corner. Still not a great tackler and makes some mistakes but his potential is very high.

*Washaun Ealey FB RB Georgia: They finally found a good running back, he runs very hard, actually is hard to bring down and should only get better and better. Very good between the tackles and despite his size is tough.

*Rico McCoy SR OLB Tennessee: Having another very good year and is clearly one of the top Tennessee linebackers and top outside linebacker prospects in the country.

*Ben Tate SR RB Auburn: Having a really good year, much harder to bring down than previous season, has decent open field speed and is a very consistent ball carrier. He is a much improved running back.

*Toby Gerhart SR RB Stanford: Having a really great year, big back with good feet. He is a punishing player who is getting better and better and having a real banner year for Stanford.

*Nelson Rosario SOPH WR UCLA: Big and tall kid, seems to catch the ball well but needs to be much more productive on the field. However he needs better quarterback play as well, still a player to watch out for.
Old 10-08-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

four names of the washington -ND game that should be listed imo.
Jake Locker played outstanding. He makes plays that arent there and extends plays with his feet and showed of his arm and kept mistakes to a minimum. If he had better wide receivers his completion percentage would be up considerably.
Desmond Trufant (dont know his first name: FR CB Washington. Was easily the pick of the DB's that game. ND tried to pick on him but it jsut backfired. He has speed, size and poise. Its a couple of years for him to the draft but he will be there in the end.
Golden Tate WR ND. Played his first really good game of the season and showed extactly what makes him special. Once he has the ball in his hands its just like having a running back in open space. You are never sure you'll get him down untill he actually is down. Needs work on routes and his hands a bit.
Kyle Rudolph TE ND. Showed why he is the best sophomore TE in the country and is quickly going up there for the full list. played light out as a receiver and a downfield blocker

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin

Last edited by wicket : 10-09-2009 at 04:54 AM. Reason: JRTPlaya21 was so kind as to provide me with the name of the kid trufant
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
JRTPlaya21
All-Pro

JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JRTPlaya21 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Desmond Trufant ^^

#2 Duke Blue Devils (10-0)
2010 National Champions!!
2014 Coaches vs Cancer Champions

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sO4iMIahsAs
JRTPlaya21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alshon Jeffery absolutely destroyed Kentucky. Gonna be a big, big time player for years to come.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dGBKH5pYKf8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URALp...eature=related (skip to :54)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ircNn9O6R8

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BigBanger is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There are so many garbage prospects out there that get all kinds of attention (take any of the current college QBs for instance) and then there's this beast... I can't remember the last time I saw his name mentioned in a thread.

Do you guys need highlights? Check out youtube.

Guys like Nelson Rosario and Derek Moye are getting their names thrown out there and one of the most dominate WRs in college football for the past two years can't even get his named mentioned?

DEZMON BRISCOE

I hate comparisons, but he reminds me so much of Plaxico Burress. I think he's in the discussion with D. Thomas, A. Benn, D. Bryant as best eligible WR in the upcoming draft.
Quote:
Quote:
iamcandian lives in a cabin in the Yukon Territory and writes letters to railroad barons about the price of hard tack.
Quote:
Quote:
Tahj Boyd has the best fundamentals of any QB in this class, I think his game translates great to the NFL.

Last edited by BigBanger : 10-12-2009 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-12-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Cigaro Alshon Jeffery absolutely destroyed Kentucky. Gonna be a big, big time player for years to come.
Thanks for the videos, the kid does look like a pretty good player, very impressive catches but where was he the other five games of the season? Still sure does look like an interesting prospect. Two fine freshman with Jeffery and Gurley, finally some weapons for Spurrier's offense.

is Alshon Jeffery related to Damario Jeffery by any chance? When I saw Jeffery and SC I assumed it was Damario highlights on defense. Hopefully one day right.

Quote:
BigBanger
I hate comparisons, but he reminds me so much of Plaxico Burress. I think he's in the discussion with D. Thomas, A. Benn, D. Bryant as best eligible WR in the upcoming draft.
How does a 6-3 Briscoe remind you of a 6-5 freakishly long armed Burress? The kid is a good player for sure, and having a great year but people have known about him since he was a sophomore. At least I have had him on a list since then, kind of gets lost in the mix I guess and he does not have potential like Dez Bryant or Michael Floyd. As for Benn, well he is having a horrible year and injuries might be why, so yeah maybe Briscoe could move up a little with a good year.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
BigBanger
Veteran

Quote:
How does a 6-3 Briscoe remind you of a 6-5 freakishly long armed Burress?
It might have something to do with the way he runs his routes and plays the game, not so much Briscoe needing to be 6'5'' to make that comparison. He's more athletic and he attacks the ball at it's highest point better than Burress (who never left his feet), but when I watch him run and catch... it reminds me of Burress.

He had 12 catches for 186 yards and 2 TDs against Iowa State giving him 30 catches for 517 yards, 3 TDs and 1 rushing TD (20 yards) on the year.

You're the one with the prospect watch list. I thought I'd give one of the best WRs in college football some much needed recognition.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-12-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He meant to say Briscoe reminded him of Brandon Marshall.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Thanks for the videos, the kid does look like a pretty good player, very impressive catches but where was he the other five games of the season? Still sure does look like an interesting prospect. Two fine freshman with Jeffery and Gurley, finally some weapons for Spurrier's offense.
Stuck behind Gurley and adjusting to the system/college ball, I'd assume. Gurley has a lot of potential, but right now is very inconsistent, making the big play, the screwing up the relatively easy play next time. Jeffery didn't really see the field significantly until the game before.

Plus, Garcia is still locking onto receivers. If Garcia didn't trust Jeffery yet, he probably wasn't getting the ball. Something clicked between the two though, because if you watched the entire game, Garcia threw some stupid passes(into tight coverage) Jeffery's way, but Jeffery bailed him out. In the first video, I think you can actually see one of our tight ends streaking across the field with absolutely no one on him(:03-:05, look into the flats at about 10 yd line, #87 wide open), but Garcia still forced it into Jeffery. Alshon came up with it though.

Not hard to see why the other USC wanted him. Very much the type of big receiver they've had dominate the game the past decade. Hopefully when it comes time he'll translate better to the pros though.

Quote:
is Alshon Jeffery related to Damario Jeffery by any chance? When I saw Jeffery and SC I assumed it was Damario highlights on defense. Hopefully one day right.
The two are unrelated.

Sig by Matthew Jones

Last edited by Cigaro : 10-12-2009 at 05:29 PM.
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote