Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 10-12-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Gurley a lot but, Jeffrey has a lot more talent. Spurrier does some strange stuff with his guys. For motivation and what not. Benching players for slacking in practice and such, w/e. This was Alshon's first real chance and he looked outstanding. Sidney Rice esque. I love our big receivers and Mo has actually played well. We could have an incredible passing game next season and beyond with these guys. And I love how Garcia is playing now. It's not exact but, he has a little Romo in him. The Romo when he's on, that is. He just keeps getting better. Love the zip and the growing confidence. Still needs a ton of work on the deep ball, they're almost always under thrown, he has a good arm, though. But he has shown to be very accurate and pretty careful with the football. He has 3 TD to 1 INT ratio.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 10-12-2009 at 04:34 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Truthfully, I thought Garcia had a horrible but wonderfully lucky game against Kentucky. He locked onto receivers all day. Luckily for him though he was facing second-team corners and his main target is a beast. Same type of thing that cost us the Georgia game. I'm gonna watch him more closely to see if it was just a bad game for him, or if Spurrier's system/our receivers is masking this.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cigaro View Post
Truthfully, I thought Garcia had a horrible but wonderfully lucky game against Kentucky. He locked onto receivers all day. Luckily for him though he was facing second-team corners and his main target is a beast. Same type of thing that cost us the Georgia game. I'm gonna watch him more closely to see if it was just a bad game for him, or if Spurrier's system/our receivers is masking this.
meh. Garcia from a year ago and the guy now, are night and day. He has improved a whole heck of a lot. He looks better than anything we've had in some time and I mean, some time. Too bad we cant give him a running game to help ease some things but, our run blocking is just atrocious.

As for watching him more closely...at least be a little forgiving if he sucks against Bama. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:44 PM    (permalink
Cigaro
All-NFLDC

Location: Two-thirds of the Earth is covered by water, the other one-third is covered by Luke Kuechly
Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cigaro is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
meh. Garcia from a year ago and the guy now, are night and day. He has improved a whole heck of a lot. He looks better than anything we've had in some time and I mean, some time. Too bad we cant give him a running game to help ease some things but, our run blocking is just atrocious.

As for watching him more closely...at least be a little forgiving if he sucks against Bama. haha.
For sure. If I don't get a Vandy feed, I'll probably start my re-evaluation for him against Tennessee and Arkansas. I'm not sure there will be much to evaluate against Bama; I think the Tide are going to dirty his jersey quite early, and quite often.

Sig by Matthew Jones
Cigaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:34 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Week 6:
*Freddie Barnes SR WR Bowling Green: What a sleeper, liked the kid last year and this season he is producing a lot more. Love his running ability, has good size, can break tackles and is hard to bring down, just knows how to get down field almost like a running back. I would possibly draft him on the first day, he is just so talented with the ball in his hands.

*Cory Reamer SR OLB Alabama: Really impressed with him, made great plays on special teams and is a very good pass rusher that plays with maximum effort at all times. Filling in nicely for Hightower, with his increased playing time he could become a very good late round prospect at linebacker.

*Kendrick Lewis SR SS Ole Miss: Had a great game at safety, moves really well on the field and is very fast. Strong tackler, not always consistent but makes impact plays. He can cover the pass and stuff the run and should easily be a first day selection if he keeps up his good play.

*Prince Amukamara JR CB Nebraska: Very impressive physical corner, a standup player, does not get pushed around and is good in man to man coverage. Might not be as fluid as one would like but he is tough and can tackle, should be one of the top corner prospects come next season.

*Thaddeus Lewis SR QB Duke: I would draft him late as a quarterback, clearly being taught by one of the best, he has a good quick release with a strong arm. Plays in a passing offense but can make throws and could develop, surprisingly a very good quarterback prospect.

*Brandon Deaderick SR DE Alabama: An absolute beast of a defensive end, ideal ¾ DE with his size and strength at the point of attack. Is a very good player that has been schooled well and should be good at the next level.

*Jared Crick SOPH DT Nebraska: Very good defensive tackle, big kid and really moves well, has a good motor and is a very key part of a monster defensive line at Nebraska that is full of star prospects.

*Zac Lee JR QB Nebraska: Very impressive command of the huddle, good leader and is not afraid to make the hard throws. Still needs some work but all the intangibles are there for him to be a very good player.

*Niles Paul JR WR Nebraska: Nothing amazing but is consistent, has return potential and makes tough catches in traffic despite being a smaller receiver. Runs like a running back in the open field and has speed to burn.

*Gerald Jones JR WR Tennessee: Nice to see him have a good game, very talented player who is gifted athletically and can really run after the catch. He could be an elite prospect if he was more consistent on the football field.

*Alfonzo Dennard SOPH CB Nebraska: Impressive tackling corner, came up and made some really big hits, is a player to watch develop in the future for sure.

*Danario Alexander SR WR Missouri: Picked the right year to come out and actually be productive, always had the talent, tall kid who is a good athlete. Depending on how well he works out in a more pro style offense, he could be one of the top receivers in the draft.

*Justin Woodall SR FS Alabama: Having a fine season off of his breakout year last year, very big safety and shows that he can easily be a deep coverage safety but still come up and make impact tackles when needed. One of the top safety prospects in the nation.

*James Carpenter JR OT Alabama: Very solid offensive tackle prospect, taking the place of Andre Smith and doing a good job. He is a good athlete, good at the point of attack and has nice footwork.

*Robby Green SOPH FS Alabama: Really like how he moves on the field, good in coverage and is an improving tackler, is a player to watch out for.

*Shay Hodge SR WR Ole Miss: Just a solid receiver, can get down field and make big plays consistently. Not that strong but makes up for it with straight line speed, should be a decent mid round reciver prospect.

*Larry Asante SR SS Nebraska: having a good senior season at safety, being schooled very well and reacts well to the ball in the air. Can tackle well and read offenses, is a good average safety prospect for the draft.

*Dejon Gomes JR FS Nebraska: Showed very good coverage ability for a safety, played the slot corner and reacted well and came up and tackled aggressively. Did an outstanding job and is one of a group of very talented defensive backs for Nebraska.

*Austin Kelly JR WR Duke: Very smooth athlete, quick, catches the ball very naturally and moves very well on his routes. He is a sleeper prospect to watch out for.

Note: Jordan Jefferson LSU: Very though he is a young prospect and still has time to develop he was very disappointing vs Florida. He looked almost scared to throw the ball, or the coaching staff was scared to have him throw it. Not very aggressive at all, not confident and did not show good leadership ability or toughness. Does have physical gifts but did not play well at all, again he seemed so afraid just to throw it down field and play aggressive.

Terrence Cody: Kind of been disappointing, does not play all that much, takes up blocks clearly but is really just more fun to watch such a big player run around, but he does not make many plays. No where close to Vince Wilfork, Wilfork was dominating and made tackles in the backfield, and penetrated, still Cody is worth a look and will be drafted as a NT, without question. But not as powerful as I thought, turns around Clemson's interior OL from last year was just that bad, because honestly that was one of the best games Cody has ever played. Marcell Dareus the SOPH has been far more impressive and powerful for Alabama.

Last edited by Ozzy : 10-13-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:11 AM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Prince is such a beast. I remember facing him in high school. He played running back and wide reciever. One of the best offensive players all time in Arizona high school history IMO. I do not know why he couldn't play RB in college. I really hope he does well in the future.
Old 10-13-2009, 10:51 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ozzy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
HinesWardJr: Prince is such a beast. I remember facing him in high school. He played running back and wide reciever. One of the best offensive players all time in Arizona high school history IMO. I do not know why he couldn't play RB in college. I really hope he does well in the future.
I could see that, he is built like a running back. Nonetheless, his physical strength will really serve him well at corner, and I assume they put him at corner because at the time they needed more depth there, and he seems to be developing very nicely.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 6:
*Walter Stewart FR OLB Cincinnati: What a freak, just an outstanding prospect and is one of the most impressive athletes at linebacker you will see. The sky is the limit for him, what a star he could be.

*Chris Culliver JR FS South Carolina: An elite safety, that is what he is, fast, covers ground, and does everything that you want. Having a great year for the Gamecocks and is one of the best free safety prospects in the nation.

*TJ Bryant SOPH CB USC: Finally put together a pretty solid game, very impressive tackler, good athlete who can cover ground quickly. He is easily one of the most talented corner prospect in the country.

*Jason Pierre-Paul JR DE South Florida: What a freak, even more impressed with him, you could be talking a potential top 15 pick with him. He could be a wonderful ¾ outside linebacker or he could play in a traditionally 4/3 easily. And unlike other tall lengthy pass rushers, Pierre-Paul is aggressive, does not just rely on his speed and is solid in run defense as well.

*BJ Daniels South Florida: What an aggressive player, always a threat to make a big play, pushes the ball downfield, scrambles to make plays with his arm not just his legs. He has such a quick release as well and his mechanics are outstanding. One man highlight reel and he is a legitimate quarterback prospect without question.

*Armon Binns JR WR Cincinnati: Wow, he could be elite as a receiver, very big, wonderful athlete, quick and fast downfield, people will sleep on him but he is a flat out player.

*AJ Wallace SR CB Penn State: For years he did slim to nothing on the Penn State defense, but it seems like now he is a little tougher, a little smarter and always being the good athlete that he is, he might get a chance at being drafted.

*Greg Childs SOPH WR Arkansas: Wonderful game, got down field, made aggressive plays running the ball and just showed he is a very legitimate downfield threat as a receiver. He has a very impressive game against a great secondary.

*Mike Goodman Jr FR OT Boston College: The next great Boston College offensive lineman? Only a freshman but the kid will be just amazing down the road, not a surprise they have him as a backup right now however.

*Anthony McCoy SR TE USC: Finally put together a good game, he is very fast in the open field, a little stiff athletically but he gets the job done with his big frame. Very solid prospect and had a real productive day.

*Riley Cooper SR WR Florida: I was never really a fan of his, but he made some very impressive plays against Arkansas. He always has been a physically tough receiver that can block, but now he is more of a legitimate receiving target, made some absolutely outstanding catches.

*Alshon Jeffery FR WR South Carolina: Big time talent, was brought up last week and yeah the kid can play, and in that offense where they are trying to get him the ball, he could have a great rest of the season.

*Stephon Gilmore FR CB South Carolina: Continues to impress, just a standout corner, wonderful size and is so fluid on the football field and has no problems against top flight competition.

*Jeff Linkenbach SR OT Cincinnati: Impressive outing at times against Selvie, Linkenbach has good size, is a pretty good athlete and he will get downfield and block when he needs too. I would not consider him an elite OT at this point but sure a fine player to pickup later on in the draft.

*Carlton Mitchell JR WR South Florida: Impressive deep threat at receiver, is a big kid, very skinny but can run and is very dangerous downfield. It will be interesting to watch him develop.

*C.C. Whitlock SOPH CB South Carolina: Another outstanding young Gamecock defensive back, very fluid on the field, reacts really well to the ball and is a solid athlete. He could really be a good one down the road.

*Kenny Miles FR RB South Carolina: Very stout and strong running back, can catch out of the backfield and make the tough runs when he needs too. He is a very impressive player who is a compact and powerful runner.

*Marhswan Gilyard SR WR Cincinnati: He is a big time receiver, that is very clear, very quick in a small space, can go deep or make plays after the catch on a short catch. He is easily one of the top 5 receivers in the upcoming draft.

*Aaron Webster SR FS Cincinnati: Love his size at safety, he is not always a strong tackler but his ability to go up with the big receivers and get the ball in jump ball situations I love, very good safety prospect in the later rounds.

*Golden Tate JR WR Notre Dame: Clearly had an amazing game, very elite as a receiver and he should really go out for the draft this year, he is a potential first round pick.

*Thomas Byrd SOPH C Boise State: A little short for an offensive lineman, but he is very strong at the point of attack and moves well down field, he is a player to watch out for in the future.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This might have been the best game of AJ Wallace's career so far (not saying much).

I hope it's a sign of things to come for the rest of the season.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
This might have been the best game of AJ Wallace's career so far (not saying much).
haha Very ture.
Old 10-28-2009, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 7:
*Clifton Geathers JR DE South Carolina: Huge kid, 6-8 280 and playing great football. Still has a year to improve his play but he is a legitimate defensive lineman, he is quick off the ball, has power and clearly has the size, is a very promising prospect at this point.

*Joe Halahuni SOPH TE Oregon State: They could not cover him, was open all the time, great performance by his part against a good defense. Will be interesting to watch his career from now on, but so far so good, he is quite the weapon at tight end.

*DeAndre McDaniel JR SS Clemson: Talking about him last year a little at linebacker, but now he is a flat out star at safety, easily one of the best in the nation. Making plays all over the field, can really cover the pass and is a stand up aggressive tackler. He could easily come out and be one of the top three strong safeties taken in the draft.

*Myron Lewis SR CB Vanderbilt: Love his size clearly, very good athlete, strong kid and runs well, got beat a few times but still his potential as a possible FS is outstanding and his coverage ability at 6-3 is wonderful, could easily be a first day pick.

*Harry Coleman SR OLB LSU: Forget moving back to safety, he is playing wonderful as an outside linebacker, has the size and the speed to make plays all over the field. Playing really well and is arguably one of the top five outside linebackers in the upcoming draft.

*Keenan Clayton SR OLB Oklahoma: I really like how he is playing pass defense, he could always play the run and make plays behind the line but he is showing some versatility in pass defense not seen before.

*Ronald Johnson JR WR USC: Kid is a player, a real burner down field, great running ability and the USC offense will be much better with him back, he is a star receiver with great natural ability.

*Greg Little JR WR UNC: Really good prospect, big strong kid, former running back and runs so well in the open field. Has strong hands and is just so interesting at receiver, very promising player indeed.

*Broderick Stewart SR DE Vanderbilt: Very quick guy off the edge, a consistent pass rusher, very good speed and gives very good effort. A sleeper in the draft but a talented player worth a look in the later rounds, but if he keeps playing well who knows he could move up.

*John Chiles JR WR Texas: Love his production at receiver, he is a real playmaker with outstanding quickness and athletic ability, hopefully he stays playing receiver next year.

*Sean Canfield SR QB Oregon State: He is one of the top senior quarterbacks without question, improved so much from previous seasons. Does not throw an amazing pass but has good ball velocity, makes the right choices and has good field command. He will be one of the top senior quarterbacks without question.

*Marcus Gilchrist JR CB Clemson: Like his size and length at corner, still needs to work on some things but so far so good for him, promising prospect to watchout for.

*Joe Haden JR CB Florida: I was mistaken, he is a lot better than I thought, what an athlete and he made some very impressive tackles in the open field. I changed my mind and yeah he probably is the top corner prospect in the upcoming draft most likely if he keeps this level of play up.

*Jock Sanders JR WR West Virginia: Continues to make plays, is quite the weapon at receiver and he really knows how to make people miss in the open field.

*Marcus Easley SR WR UCONN: Underachiever and basically a non prospect for the longest time. Interesting player though, really starting to make plays at receiver, big kid, looks like a running back, has long arms and has some open field speed. Is an interesting receiver prospect with some potential down the road, late bloomer.

*Lindsey Witten SR DE UCONN: Played well against Capers at OT, beat him on one play for a sack, gets around the edge very easily, with he was a little longer but he could be a ¾ pass rusher as a late round draft pick.

*Jerome Tiller FR QB Iowa State: Just like his athletic ability at quarterback, moves around the pocket really well and is a lengthy kid as well, one to watch for, not amazing but interesting.

*Scott Haughton SOPH OG Iowa State: Nothing amazing but at times he really held his own at the point of attack against Suh, very good base just needs to work on his speed, he is a player to watch develop for sure.

*Steven Baker SOPH OT East Carolina: Really big kid, very tall, athletic and is a promising young offensive tackle, will watch him grow and see what he can become.

*Marcus Ball JR SS Memphis: Former Florida State prospect, now strong safety, is not amazing but plays hard, loves his energy and attitude even on a losing team and he still can make some big hits, hope he stays in school and can develop even more next year.

*Dontari Poe FR DT Memphis: Huge kid 6-5 350, has ok quickness and is one to watch in the future, has a lot of room to improve his game and with that size and strength he could be a very good player.

*DeVier Posey SOPH WR Ohio State: Very good receiver prospect, big tall kid and makes plays consistently down field, will join the group of great sophomore receivers that is for sure.

Note: Selvish Capers did look a little more average against UCONN, did not dominate like he did against Colorado and had some trouble against the speed of Witten. Still love his base and ability to take a big but clearly needs to improve out of his stance blocking and footwork against speed rushers. So I downgraded him a little off of that showing.

CJ Spiller, wow, yeah that kid is the top RB prospect in the draft, what a game, what a performance and what an improved player over the past few seasons.

Last edited by Ozzy : 10-28-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Ozzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A week after Penn State's talented underachiever AJ Wallace had a great game, another one (Andrew Quarless) played great.

I hope both of these guys end their college careers on positive notes.

Both have NFL-caliber ability.
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 8

*LaMichael James FR RB Oregon: Yeah the kid dominated and ran the ball with passion and intensity. Very impressive kid, and if he keeps up that level of intensity on the field he could be a great player. Even with Blount coming back this kid should still get most the carries.

*Darryl Sharpton SR ILB Miami FL: Really playing well, runs great on the field, covers a lot of ground, does not always make the play but is in position and has great conditioning for a linebacker. Not an elite player at inside linebacker yet but will be picked up by someone come draft day easily.

*Jeremiah Masoli JR QB Oregon: Obviously had a great game, wonderful play action fakes, really has a quick release and is a great competitor. Odd this is, if Dennis Dixon can make a roster as a backup, why can’t Masoli, if anything Masoli is probably a better passer than Dixon. If Masoli keeps on playing that well, hello Heisman?

*Broderick Green SOPH RB Arkansas: Huge kid, clearly the USC transfer has talent and he really showed it this weekend. Will be wonderful to watch him play in the tough SEC as the year goes on, very good prospect.

*Rich Gunnell SR WR Boston College: Very amazed me before, but he played great football and showed that he is a real good senior receiver prospect. Has great hands, very good route runner and has been consistent over a long period of time. Before with Ryan it was the quarterback making the receiver look good, now it is Gunnell making the quarterback look good, very good receiver and could be a flat out steal in the draft.

*Chris Robinson SR OLB South Florida: What a game he had, flat out blew up the West Virginia defense, attacking and really creating havoc with penetration in the backfield. He never really showed up to me but this game he was impressive, will be interesting to see how he plays the rest of the year.

*Riley Reiff FR OG Iowa: Most likely is an offensive tackle prospect, just a big tall and talented kid and is for sure to be one of the next great Iowa offensive lineman prospects in the future.

*Blair White SR WR Michigan State: Having a really good year, has strong hands catching the football, good body control and is very consistent in his play, real breakout year for him.

*Edwin Baker FR RB Michigan State: Another freshman running back for Michigan State that has wonderful lower body strength. Does not blow anyone away at this point but physically he is really put together just like Capers.

*Matt Tennant SR C Boston College: Huge center, in the line of great Boston College offensive lineman, just a fine player and he easily has potential to play other positions on the offensive front as well.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
Babylon
Legend

Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Babylon is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Crick, 6-5 280lb DT Nebraska deserves some attention. 5 sacks against Baylor (seriously). Benefits from the guy playing next to him but should be the best D-lineman in the big12 next year. Reportedly runs a 4.8 and plays like it too.
Babylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
SuperKevin
Icon

SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperKevin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
Week 8
*Jeremiah Masoli JR QB Oregon: Obviously had a great game, wonderful play action fakes, really has a quick release and is a great competitor. Odd this is, if Dennis Dixon can make a roster as a backup, why can’t Masoli, if anything Masoli is probably a better passer than Dixon. If Masoli keeps on playing that well, hello Heisman?
Maybe the fact that Dennis Dixon isn't 5'10" has something to do with why he got a pro look and Masoli won't.
SuperKevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
ToldLikeItIs
Pro Bowler

ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ToldLikeItIs is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Riley Reiff should be an ok replacement for Bulaga next year.
ToldLikeItIs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Jared Crick, 6-5 280lb DT Nebraska deserves some attention. 5 sacks against Baylor (seriously). Benefits from the guy playing next to him but should be the best D-lineman in the big12 next year. Reportedly runs a 4.8 and plays like it too.
I completely agree, I mentioned him a few weeks ago, very fine player but yeah playing next to Suh really helps him. But down the road Crick and Steinkuhler should be a great par of young defensive tackles. Overall though the line in general is stacked with Suh and Crick in the middle and fine ends with Allen and Turner.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week: 9
*Matt O'Hanlon SR FS Nebraska: What a game, game of his life, was flying around all the field, making tackles and intercepting passes. Reaction time was wonderful, and tackled much more aggressively than he has in the past. Very well schooled and if he keeps up that level of play he would be an outstanding second day selection at safety.

*Ciron Black SR OT LSU: Played pretty well, made some flat out amazing run blocks in that game, completely moving the defensive lineman out of the way, very powerful performance. Still at times has trouble in pass defense but that raw strength cannot be over looked and he could move into guard just like Shawn Andrews did and be an absolute beast.

*Phillip Dillard SR OLB Nebraska: Another real breakout game, moved back to outside linebacker and really succeeded, very fast to the football and was extremely aggressive. It will be interesting to see if he can keep this level of play up.

*James Carpenter JR OT Alabama: Made some great blocks down field, really athletic and ran down plays and was all over the field. Good athlete clearly and can move well in space, was very impressive for Alabama.

*Patrick Peterson SOPH CB LSU: Showed why he is the best corner prospect in the nation, made some wonderful plays on the ball against Alabama and tackled very well, just too bad he had to sit out because of cramps at times. Peterson is an amazing talent who has very rare ability these days at corner.

*Greg Romeus JR DE Pitt: Really has improved his game, being a lot more productive this year and with his great size and strength he is becoming one of the top defensive ends as a junior, and that is saying a lot considering that talent in that class of players.

*Dejuan Miller SOPH WR Oklahoma: Really big kid, stood out in this game, very talented with his size and athletic ability, should see more playing time more often as the season goes on, very good athlete.

*Nate Byham SR TE Pitt: Very impressive blocking tight end, not making many plays in the passing game but he is easily one of the better blocking tight ends I have seen all season, and that is very valuable at the next level.

*Dontay Moch JR OLB Nevada: Interesting ¾ outside linebacker pass rush prospect, very quick off the ball, plays defensive end right now despite being the size of a linebacker, not very tall but is quick off the edge and should be able to translate his skills to the next level potentially.

*Dorin Dickerson SR TE Pitt: Real breakout game for him, wonder where he has been all four years, they really use him well in space with their two tight end set and he made big plays when he got the chance. Will be a big sleeper pickup for any team, a little small but could be a great pass catching tight end or H-back.

*Bill Stull SR QB Pitt: Having a great senior year, makes a lot of good throws and really uses all the weapons he has and makes them look good and gets them the ball. He knows how to play the position and should be a fine late round pickup at quarterback potentially.

*Dion Lewis FR RB Pitt: Dominating, really hard to bring down, low to the ground and can run in open space and take a hit when he needs too. Having a really great year and will be one to watch out for down the road.

*Jason Ford SOPH RB Illinois: Big powerful back, low to the ground and is very hard to bring down, playing well on the field and still has a lot of time to develop.

*Henry Hynoski SOPH FB Pitt: Very good full back prospect, tough kid, blocks hard and can make catches out of the backfield, very impressive young player who is very important to their overall offense.
Old 11-19-2009, 09:45 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 10:
*Andrew Luck FR QB Stanford: Very talented quarterback, dare I say the best freshman quarterback in the country. Great athlete, surprisingly accurate and can make all of the throws, be it a screen or a deep ball. So very talented, his amazing offensive line and running game clearly helps him but still there is not much to dislike about the kid.

*Devin McCourty SR CB Rutgers: Really amazed at his play, is a wonderful special teams player, very smooth athlete, very consistent and reacts quickly on the football field. Good in pass coverage and has improved so much since last year, he could be a great steal in the draft and with good workouts and his ability to do everything in special teams he could be a 1st day pick.

*Tom Savage FR QB Rutgers: Very talented freshman quarterback, not always accurate but has great velocity on his passes, quick release and very good mechanics, he should dominate in years to come at Rutgers, could be the best quarterback they have possibly ever had there.

*Owen Marecic JR FB Stanford: Easily the best blocking fullback I have seen this season, very powerful, really moves defenders out of the way and against USC he even showed a little pass catching ability. Not every team needs them but block fullbacks, he is one of, if not the best around.

*DC Jefferson SOPH TE Rutgers: Huge kid and is one to watch in the future, not great yet but made some impressive blocks in that game, and in time if he commits himself he could be an absolute star. Wonderful job by the Rutgers coaching staff moving him to that position from quarterback which he came out of high school as.

*Jabaal Sheard JR DE Pitt: Very talented rush end, really broke out in this game and people will know more about him, quick off the edge, very fast and can simply get pressure off the edge on a consistent basis.

*Rashard Hall FR FS Clemson: Special defensive back, knows where he should be on the field, is an aggressive tackler and is very advanced for his age. Could be a great player in a few years for Clemson.

*Zach Collaros SOPH QB Cincinnati: Amazing performance by him so far, throws the ball so well on the run, is a great game manager and just simply gets the job done. Will be interested to see how he performs if Cincinnati gets to a major bowl game. Really came out of nowhere this year but is an absolute star.

*Dwayne Allen FR TE Clemson: Has not been that productive yet but I love his athletic ability, how he can get down field and make plays in the passing game, plus love how he blocks downfield. He brings get energy and enthusiasm.

*Doug Worthington SR DT Ohio State: Really playing well this season, always was a big kid but was not consistent, now all of a sudden all of the underachievers on that defensive line are playing outstanding, him being one of them, and kids that big who can get up the field are always needed at the next level.

*Brian Linthicum SOPH TE Michigan State: Big tough kid, has very good hands, is a decent blocker and makes plays in the passing game, is a very solid tight end, not great but could develop into a very solid player.

*Adam Dunn SR ILB Pitt: Very tough kid, he is strong at the point of attack, can run well and even though he has not always been this good, he is developing and maturing at the right point in time, should be a late round pick potentially.

*Mohamed Sanu FR WR Rutgers: Talented pass catcher, gives a great target for his quarterback and gets down the field well. Should develop into the next great Rutgers receiver.

*Jerrard Tarrant SOPH CB Georgia Tech: Very quick corner, doubles in the return game and is very athletic. Should be a good prospect in a few years, and he has good ball skills in pass defense as well.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week 11:
*Gabe Carimi JR OT Wisconsin: Wow that kid is good, played wonderful against Northwestern, so solid in pass protection and flat out dominating in the run game. Is a wonderful player and is playing so well right now he could easily go out for the draft and possibly be a 1st round draft pick.

*Daniel Thomas JR RB Kansas State: Brought him up earlier in the year and he is even better now. Very big physical back, has surprising quickness and open field speed. Does everything for them on offense and is a real sleeper prospect at this point most people do not know about.

*Nate Collins SR DE Virginia: Very impressive defensive end prospect, very quick, has good strength and great closing speed. Plays very aggressive football and should surprise a lot of people in workouts come draft time.

*Jacob Hickman SR C Nebraska: Love him at center, love how he blocks and really gets after it, wish he had more time to develop but for sure he could be a real sleeper in the draft, athletic kid that is tough.

*Jeffrey Fitzgerald RS JR DE Kansas State: Well he is back to normal, dominating at defensive end for Kansas State, smart move making him a defensive end and not a tackle, huge kid, has quickness and can get after the quarterback and defend the run. He is an ideal ¾ defensive end for any team.

*Justin Boren JR OG Ohio State: Got a lot of press for that game but he sure did not disappoint, played very tough, blocked aggressively and was surprisingly solid all around. He could get a chance as a late round draft pick.

*Jake Ballard SR TE Ohio State: What a blocking tight end, always have liked him because of his size but he is literally an extension of the offensive line, wonderful blocker and any team in need of a blocking tight end, they should look at him real close.

*Austin Pasztor SOPH OG Virginia: Very good young prospect at guard, really well pulling as a guard, is a big kid and packs a nasty punch. Should develop wonderfully at Virginia and be a fine guard prospect in the future.

*Jermale Hines JR FS Ohio State: Wonderful game for him at safety, he is great size, very quick athletically and tackles well in the open field. If he comes back next year he could develop into a great safety prospect.

*Devon Torrence JR CB Ohio State: Impressed with him, has not played much in his career but was solid in that game and did not make any big mistakes.

*Mike Martin SOPH DT Michigan: Very impressive against Ohio State, played with passion and got into the backfield consistently, decent looking prospect at this point.

*Zach Boren FR FB Ohio State: Impressive young full back for Ohio State, made some very good blocks in that game and seemed to have good wheels in the open field as well, was not just a one and done blocker. He has good blood lines as well.

*Roy Roundtree SOPH WR Michigan: Made some good plays catching the ball, has explosive speed and is a big threat after the catch. Will be interesting to watch him develop down the road.

*Eric Hagg JR FS Nebraska: Another fine Nebraska defensive back, big kid, tall, can cover and plays some times as a nickel corner. Just a smart player, nothing amazing but another year with Pelini he could be a solid late round draft pick.

*Joshua Moore JR CB Kansas State: Very smooth corner, good athlete, can run well and plays the ball in the air aggressively. Nothing amazing about him but he is a serviceable corner who with another year could be a solid late round pickup.

*Jameel Sewell SR QB/WR Virginia: Very smooth athlete, always have been impressed with his ability to get separation and how making people miss tackles in the open field look so easy for him. He could be a nice receiver project at the next level, special athlete.

*Matt Conrath SOPH DT Virginia: Huge kid, has a lot of potential but needs to develop his game more. Has trouble getting off blocks at times but when he figures it all out he could be a real force on the defensive line.

*John Simon FR DT Ohio State: Impressive young player for them, gave good effort when he got in and should see a lot more playing time next year for them at defensive tackle.

*Quentin Davie SR OLB Northwestern: The kid just makes plays, does not have tons of experience but he is having a great senior year, very athletic and is tough despite being a smaller linebacker.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Ozzy
Pro Bowler

Week: 12/13
*Stephen Paea JR DT Oregon State: Had a talent at defensive tackle, wow that kid can get pressure in the backfield. He is very quick at the point of attack, tough as can be and consistently aggressive attacking the quarterback or running back. He could be a star DE in a ¾ or could stay as a DT and succeed as well. Very good player and easily is one of the most consistent penetrating defensive lineman I have seen all year.

*James Rodgers JR WR Oregon State: He had an outstanding game against Oregon, shows real toughness despite his size and great hands in the open field. Reminds me of a tougher version of Santana Moss, he could be a real star in the NFL.

*Stephon Gilmore FR CB South Carolina: It could be argued that he is one of the best corners in the nation right now. Had an outstanding game against Clemson, big time athlete, very tough, solid tackler and smooth in pass coverage. I bet he will be the next great corner coming out of college football.

*Demaryius Thomas JR WR Georgia Tech: What a breakout end of the season for him, making really big plays on the football field and showing his real talents with the ball in his hands. Playing outstanding football and is clearly developing into the receiver most thought he could be, very impressive week in and week out. Much improved over the beginning of the season.

*Josh Davis JR OT Georgia: Had a wonderful game against one of the best defensive ends in the nation on Georgia Tech. Played very well, was strong at the point of attack, did not back down and showed very good athletic ability, a very impressive showing for him.

*Lance Mitchell SOPH SS Oregon State: Big time safety, loves how he tackles and how strong he is at tacking on blocks and getting off blocks. Very good player, should be a great prospect in a few years. Just has that toughness needed to be a great tackling safety.

*Chris Stewart SR OG Notre Dame: Had a wonderful game against Stanford, pulled around and blocked well, huge kid but good athlete, blocked down field and showed great athletic ability. Do not be surprised to see his stock really rise, had a wonderful game.

*William Vlachos JR C Alabama: Had a great game at center in the SEC championship, really made a difference when they pulled him around, made solid blocks and was strong at the point of attack. He really showed up in that game and impressed.

*George Iloka SOPH SS Boise State: Big time safety, huge kid, moves really well on the field and can make tackles against anyone, is one of the stars for that defense for sure.

*Cordy Glenn SOPH OG Georgia: Played great football, huge kid, moves well and can run block very aggressively. Very promising young guard and could be a star in a few years that is for sure.

*Doug Martin SOPH RB Boise State: A breakout talent, came out of nowhere and is now arguably their best running back. Very hard to bring down, great at breaking tackles and has good change of direction, will be interesting to watch develop.

*Brandon Wimberly FR WR Nevada: Very impressive young receiver, has good hands, built well and should develop into a fine player down the road.

*Virgil Green JR TE Nevada: Great looking athlete but not used all that well, has very good speed for a tight end and can really get down field with ease. Has Jared Cook type potential as a big target downfield and will be interesting to see how he works out.

*Rashard Hall FR FS Clemson: What a star safety he is, very quick on the field, in the right position and holds his ground on defense, does not look lost out there at all despite being a freshman.

*Jim Dray SR TE Stanford: Impressive tight end, good blocker, and has very good hands catching the football. Not a great player but as a late round pickup could be a real fine 2nd or 3rd tight end for any team.

*Ryan Whalen JR WR Stanford: Big tough receiver, very strong, looks like a running back, has solid hands and is a player to keep an eye on, very sound in all regards.

*Michael Williams FR TE Alabama: Great young blocking tight end, huge kid and is a real force in the running game. With a few tight ends graduating it will be interesting to see how they use him next year, he could get a lot more balls in the passing game.

*Kareem Jackson JR CB Alabama: Had a great game, has had kind of a down year but played big against Florida. Was aggressive in pass coverage, showed great quickness and anticipation skills.

*Cliff Harris FR CB Oregon: Very promising young corner for the Ducks, he has good quickness, he is a fighter at corner, very confident and plays the game aggressively. A little small but has good ball skills.