Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-30-2006, 09:06 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.
Default Movie Poll

Once again, curious.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:08 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

The Truman Show is genius in my opinion.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The mo'****** Matrix biotch.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Hawks, Sox and Bears o my

from this list it's the truman show
Old 05-30-2006, 09:10 PM    (permalink
Vilma the Animal
Veteran

Vilma the Animal hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Truman Show was sick, but not better than the first Matrix.
Vilma the Animal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:10 PM    (permalink
frogstomp

I voted Truman Show.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:11 PM    (permalink
hyundridz
Veteran

hyundridz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

what a weird collection of movies that have nothing to do with each other.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:12 PM    (permalink
wiscbadgerfootball
Pro Bowler

wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wiscbadgerfootball is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the matrix

sig by me.. first in ages, pm with requests
wiscbadgerfootball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:12 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't seen the Truman Show nor Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind, so I went with the Matrix.

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:13 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyundridz
Think about it.
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804
Quote:
Think about it.
I don't really see a correlation either.

Can someone explain what made the Matrix great? It had a cool idea but the exicution was horrible. I love Fishburn and the chick was great in Memento but The Matrix just seemed so average to me and i've even stopped hating Keanu Reeves recently.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:14 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
Can someone explain what made the Matrix great? It had a cool idea but the exicution was horrible. I love Fishburn and the chick was great in Memento but The Matrix just seemed so average to me and i've even stopped hating Keanu Reeves recently.
The videography was pretty revolutionary.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:16 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moses
Quote:
The videography was pretty revolutionary.
Not as mind blowing as Natural Born Killers's was.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:17 PM    (permalink
familyguy555
Pro Bowler

familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.familyguy555 wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

oceans 11

sig made by BoneKrusher
familyguy555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:17 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Think about it.
Conspiracy. It's obvious in JFK and the Truman Show. The actual 'Matrix' can be considered a conspiracy b/c it basically says we know nothing about the true world. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind fits (if you've seen it) in towards the middle and end. For Ocean's 11, it only really fits in at the end with the double bag switch and the idea of Tess.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:18 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Did anyone else think the first matrix was awsome and the rest were just ruined with all this science fiction stuff
Old 05-30-2006, 09:19 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Think about it.
Conspiracy. It's obvious in JFK and the Truman Show. The actual 'Matrix' can be considered a conspiracy b/c it basically says we know nothing about the true world. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind fits (if you've seen it) in towards the middle and end. For Ocean's 11, it only really fits in at the end with the double bag switch and the idea of Tess.
I kind of figured it was something like conspiracy but Ocean's Eleven threw me off.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:19 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
For one thing, it fits the era we were/are entering when it came out, not to mention the Jewish/Christian symbolism is out the roof. [(and it has bullet time) (and Rage Against the Machine fits so perfectly at the end]
Old 05-30-2006, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
For one thing, it fits the era we were/are entering when it came out, not to mention the Jewish/Christian symbolism is out the roof. [(and it has bullet time) (and Rage Against the Machine fits so perfectly at the end]
Plus the gun scenes are pretty sweet.
Old 05-30-2006, 09:22 PM    (permalink
BuckNaked
All-NFLDC

BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuckNaked is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70challenger457
Did anyone else think the first matrix was awsome and the rest were just ruined with all this science fiction stuff
Yeah the first Matrix is one of the best movies I have ever seen. After that, the other ones weren't that good.
BuckNaked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2006, 09:25 PM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked
Quote:
Yeah the first Matrix is one of the best movies I have ever seen. After that, the other ones weren't that good.
I'd rank them:

Matrix
Revolutions
Reloaded

If I remember, didn't they release 2 and 3 in like the same week or something?
Old 05-30-2006, 09:25 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNaked
Quote:
These 20 are notable better.

1. Pi
2. The Shining/One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest
3. Memento
4. Requiem fo a Dream
5. Silence of the Lambs
6. Shawshank Redemption
7. Fight Club
8. Taxi Driver
9. Blade Runner
10. Reservoir Dogs
11. Pulp Fiction
12. Twelve monkeys
13. City Of God
14. Natural Born Killers
15. Boondock Saints
16. Full Metal Jacket
17. V for Vendetta
18. Truman Show
19. Sin City
20. American History X
Old 05-30-2006, 10:01 PM    (permalink
hyundridz
Veteran

hyundridz hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

i recommend you guys to watch the count of monte cristo, and no ones really heard of it... it has a truly awesome story... everyone i told to watch loves it... but warning, the beginning is really slow.
Old 05-30-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink

Quote:
i recommend you guys to watch the count of monte cristo, and no ones really heard of it... it has a truly awesome story... everyone i told to watch loves it... but warning, the beginning is really slow.
The one with Caviezel or Depardieu?