Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 09-25-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
I counted maybe three bad throws during the entire Washington game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie View Post
According to film review done by STATS LLC, eight of his incompletions in the Washington loss were the result of poor, inaccurate throws.
Hmmm, maybe this is why I don't do stats for a living, but having watched the game, I was pretty confident about my count. I'd be interested to see which plays in particular STATS LLC categorized as "poor, inaccurate throws."
Old 09-29-2009, 12:57 AM    (permalink
H.S.stud
Rookie

H.S.stud hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.H.S.stud hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So I don't know about you guys, but after seeing the 2nd quarter performance by Kyle Boller I'd like to see more of him. Although he really didn't do anything special the 2nd half I think he earned himself a second look for next week, especially seeing how Bulger's status is still in the air.

Also, kind of out of nowhere here but can someone please explain to me why we keep re-signing Richie Incognito?!?!? He repeatedly takes false starts which are bad enough but it seems as though every time we have a big play negated it's either his holding call or personal foul that's hurting us. I think we could do without him, anybody agree or disagree with that?

"When your team is winning, be ready to be tough, because winning can make you soft. On the other hand, when your team is losing, stick by them. Keep believing." -Bo Schembechler
H.S.stud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 05:30 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.S.stud View Post
So I don't know about you guys, but after seeing the 2nd quarter performance by Kyle Boller I'd like to see more of him. Although he really didn't do anything special the 2nd half I think he earned himself a second look for next week, especially seeing how Bulger's status is still in the air.
Boller looked great on two drives (one a two-minute drill) in the second quarter, but fell back down to Earth in the second half. I believe his second half QB rating was around 30.7, and his biggest play was for the Packers (the interception). He provided a spark when he first came in, but that spark quickly faded. In the end, I think Boller showed why the Rams signed him to be their back-up QB - he can come in when needed and still gives them a chance. But I don't think he showed enough for there to be some kind of competition.

Bulger is all but out for the 49ers game this coming weekend, so Boller will most likely get the start in San Fran. Whether Bulger comes back the week after against Minnesota, we'll have to see. But unless Boller strings together some great performances and, more importantly, some wins, I think this is still Bulger's job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by H.S.stud View Post
Also, kind of out of nowhere here but can someone please explain to me why we keep re-signing Richie Incognito?!?!? He repeatedly takes false starts which are bad enough but it seems as though every time we have a big play negated it's either his holding call or personal foul that's hurting us. I think we could do without him, anybody agree or disagree with that?
I wanted to see Greco challenge for the starting RG job this offseason, but it doesn't sound like Richie really had much pressure on his job. That being said, I'll be surprised if he comes back next year. His mistakes are simply too regular and too costly for this team. And he's yet to prove he can play with control and discipline.
Old 09-29-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

St. Louis Rams LB David Vobora suspended 4 games by the NFL for a violation of league policy involving performance enhancing substances.

http://www.stlouisrams.com/article/75074/

I like him he adds depth to our LB core and makes plays on Special Teams, sucks to see him miss 4 maes

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:13 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Well, I guess it's time to see what Larry Grant can bring to the table as a SAM linebacker. Hopefully this is a position they plan to upgrade in the offseason, though.
Old 09-30-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Well, I guess it's time to see what Larry Grant can bring to the table as a SAM linebacker. Hopefully this is a position they plan to upgrade in the offseason, though.
Sean Weatherspoon baby!!
Old 10-01-2009, 04:37 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Sean Weatherspoon baby!!
if we can get him in the early 2nd round that would be great

Old 10-01-2009, 05:01 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
if we can get him in the early 2nd round that would be great
Obviously.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:55 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Obviously.
you ever think of changing your username, knowing that both Holt & Bruce are not on our team?

Old 10-02-2009, 02:42 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I don't think avery_robinson17 has quite the same ring to it. ;)
Old 10-02-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
you ever think of changing your username, knowing that both Holt & Bruce are not on our team?
How dare you sir! :)
Old 10-02-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we took Weatherspoon in the 2nd would you say moving Witherspoon back to MIKE and Lauraniatus to SAM or Witherpoon to SAM and keeping Lauraniatus at MIKE?

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
If we took Weatherspoon in the 2nd would you say moving Witherspoon back to MIKE and Lauraniatus to SAM or Witherpoon to SAM and keeping Lauraniatus at MIKE?
Weatherspoon SLB, Lauraniatis MLB, Witherspoon WLB
Old 10-03-2009, 02:28 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Weatherspoon SLB, Lauraniatis MLB, Witherspoon WLB
Why do it like that, Weatherspoon is a prototypical playmaking WLB...

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 10-03-2009, 02:54 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
Why do it like that, Weatherspoon is a prototypical playmaking WLB...
He's best suited for Weak Side but he can play Strong Side where I'm not sure Witherspoon can and they won't move Lauranitis out of the middle.
Old 10-03-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
He's best suited for Weak Side but he can play Strong Side where I'm not sure Witherspoon can and they won't move Lauranitis out of the middle.
hmmm my opinion is that although Witherpsoon is better at WLB I think he has shown the ability to be able to play off blocks (though not as good as most) from his time at ILB and is obviously quick and athletic enough to stick to TE's man-to-man and drop into a nice zone. As much as I want a guy from Mizzou like Weatherspoon I cannot picture him being being an amazing fit to this team if Witherspoon can't play SLB.

Old 10-05-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

lol the Rams are the worst team I've ever seen.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:27 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
lol the Rams are the worst team I've ever seen.
No, u are starting to talk like me............thats not good. But 35-0, granted losing 35-0 to a team that will win our division this year isn't....well it is awful. But we did play a good defensive first half.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Defense played a very solid game. The 35-0 score doesn't do them justice. The offense is, simply put, abysmal. For the third year in a row, changing quarterbacks doesn't appear to be the silver bullet. There are significant weaknesses in other areas of the offense - protection, talent at WR, playcalling - that are holding this team back more than the passer. The Rams may find themselves in a position to draft the new face of their franchise this April, but without improvements to the unit around him, I don't expect the results to be significantly different. Hopefully we'll see some improvements as the year goes on - I thought the Rams improved from Week 1-2, and then into the first half of Week 3 - and then they can continue to weed out players during the offseason as the rebuild continues.
Old 10-05-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Defense played a very solid game. The 35-0 score doesn't do them justice. The offense is, simply put, abysmal. For the third year in a row, changing quarterbacks doesn't appear to be the silver bullet. There are significant weaknesses in other areas of the offense - protection, talent at WR, playcalling - that are holding this team back more than the passer. The Rams may find themselves in a position to draft the new face of their franchise this April, but without improvements to the unit around him, I don't expect the results to be significantly different. Hopefully we'll see some improvements as the year goes on - I thought the Rams improved from Week 1-2, and then into the first half of Week 3 - and then they can continue to weed out players during the offseason as the rebuild continues.
I don't understand the Offense. The little 2-3 yard passes started three years ago when Linehan got here, and at the time I just thought my god Linehan is a horrible Play caller.

But now the Rams are doing the same thing and if you watch the Detroit Lions (Where Linehan is the OC) they actually throw downfield a lot.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

my feeling on the game as a whole:

1st of all the offensive play calling IMO is horrible, it's too predictable, we need to get the ball more to Donnie Avery & that does not just mean on a screen pass, I know Kyle Boller was running the team this weak, but I agree that Bulger gives the better chance to win if there is a chance to win. the play calling seem to go like this every series,

1st down: Rush with S-Jax, if we get 3+ yards we run it again on 2nd
2nd down: play action fake but the o-line doesn't hold there blocks and the QB if forced to throw it away or take a sack
3rd down: If it's 3rd & Long then we run the draw play, if anything else we run a Shotgun Pass play
4th down: Donnie Jones Punt

overall Our D is improving bit by bit, our D is missing some players and so i was happy to see Wade & King get some game time experience, Our Offense needs to to pick it up big time, we already have 4 games under our belt this season & we can not afford to go to long without a win or at least a close game

Old 10-11-2009, 03:09 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wanted to wish you all a good injury free game tomorrow. Its actaully televised here in Indiana, i was sorta shocked. lol

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks! You too! I'm actually about to head over to the dome, should be a good game. Possibly a trap game, Jackson always has a coming out party against Top Defenses. Go Rams!
Old 10-11-2009, 08:15 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
DT Gary Gibson suffers broken ankle. Per Spagnuolo he will have surgery and miss the season.
Per the Rams' website's Twitter account.
Old 10-11-2009, 08:21 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Defense played quite well I felt today for most part, and so did our non red zone offense. Bulger had a perfect passer rating, so that was refreshing to see. Uh, a 28 point loss doesn't look all that great I realize, but I did see some positives playing against a pretty damn good Viking team.