Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 10-11-2009, 09:43 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There were some positives, yes. Remove the turnovers from the equation, and the Rams probably would have been pretty competitive through the game. This team just needs to find a way to minimize mistakes. I like their chances in Jacksonville next week.
Old 10-12-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys have not checked out your coaching staff I suggest you do that. There is a reason you guys look terrible this year.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
terribletowel39
All-Pro

terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.terribletowel39 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Without getting too political, what would you guys think if Rush was to buy the team??

Silverback....still the best.

+rep to Jakey for the sig
terribletowel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
If you guys have not checked out your coaching staff I suggest you do that. There is a reason you guys look terrible this year.
Spagnuolo is five games into his first year as a head coach. Some of these problems are going to take time (and probably some roster moves) to resolve, but I think he's on the right track.

If there's a coach that's probably on the hot seat for the Rams right now, it's Pat Shurmur, the offensive coordinator. While the playcalling was better against Minnesota, he's been far too conservative IMO prior to that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
Without getting too political, what would you guys think if Rush was to buy the team??
I would be disappointed.
Old 10-16-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ex-Ram Cullen Bryant dies
Old 10-16-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terribletowel39 View Post
I woulda hated it, and that has nothing to do with the differences in opinion I have with Rush. There were a lot of players coming out they would not play for the Rams if Rush was part owner, and maybe that is a bit unfair to Rush, but it seemed that players would not want to play for him.
Old 10-17-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Doesn't make much of a difference now, he's been removed from the Checketts ownership group that's bidding on the team.
Old 10-17-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope the Rumors are true and Marshall Faulk is taking Rush's place in the ownership Bid!
Old 10-18-2009, 12:52 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I hope the Rumors are true and Marshall Faulk is taking Rush's place in the ownership Bid!
That would be much better and way less controversy.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:21 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game guys. You bastards fought, but you still lost. Bad mojo in that organization

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i hate my life....and i will find you Unseen!

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Don't worry rockio.

A. We are beating the Colts this week. Sure, people are saying this is the best team in the NFL going against the worst team in the NFL. But this week will truly show on any given Sunday, a future hall of fame QB can have a bad game, that an 0-6 team can beat a 6-0 team on any given Sunday.

B. The Unseen is in my closet, tied up.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Honestly, if the Rams don't lose Avery, it could have been a very different game. Shurmur wasn't afraid to throw the ball down field with Avery available. Once Avery went out, the offensive gameplan curled up into a ball and didn't challenge anyone.

It's amazing how badly the Rams could use a difference maker at receiver right now.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:59 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, Avery makes a such a huge difference and I'm confident that with either Laurent Robinson or Avery in that game, we would've won...I'm deciding to announce the official start of my campaign for the Rams to draft Dez Bryant at this moment!

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 10-20-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Will Witherspoon traded to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for Rookie WR Brandon Gibson and a 2010 5th round pick...

well, I guess Sean Weatherspoon makes a ton of sense now

Old 10-20-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
Will Witherspoon traded to the Philadelphia Eagles in exchange for Rookie WR Brandon Gibson and a 2010 5th round pick...

well, I guess Sean Weatherspoon makes a ton of sense now
We would have to trade down. Weatherspoon is a beast but he's not worth a top 5 pick.
Old 10-20-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Interesting deal. Better to trade Witherspoon and get something in return for him than make him a cap casualty in 2010, I guess.
Old 10-21-2009, 01:44 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Interesting deal. Better to trade Witherspoon and get something in return for him than make him a cap casualty in 2010, I guess.
I agree with you there but I have not herd much of Brandon Gibson os he any good, will he make an impact this year?

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I'm sick of watching Bulger play like poop.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:28 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

Quote:
I'm sick of watching Bulger play like poop.
I am tired of every1 not named Steven Jackson playing like poop.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not trying to dig on you guys, I am honestly curious. What happened to the Rams? I know after the move to STL it took a while as I expect it would with any team, but from '99 to '03 or '04 you were still pretty competitive. Was there some sort of big front office change, or just a run of bad luck, or what?

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What really bothered me was an article I read a couple of years ago around draft time that basically said the Rams were looking to improve their drafting because the scouting service they were paying for wasn't producing the kind of results they wanted. I was flabbergasted. How can an NFL team rely on a scouting service to analyze talent and get a strong guage on whether or not a player is a good fit for them?

Then I look at teams that draft well year in and year out. The Ravens impress me the most. They have a GM in Ozzie Newsome who is an excellent talent evaluator, and a scouting staff that is very proactive in diligently turning stones to find gems in the rough. They have had success in getting early round talent for late round picks in the supplemental draft. Jared Gaither was an excellent example. Academically ineligible, they went to his pro day at Maryland, watched him work out, interviewed him, measured him, investigated his past, the whole 9 yards. At 6'8" and 330 and with impressive footwork for a man his size, he was built directly from the mold of Jonathan Ogden. They got him for a 5th rounder, groomed him, and he is now a solid starter and has had no off-the-field issues that I know of. He was projected to be a solid 1st rounder in the 2008 draft.

I think the biggest key for the Rams has been in drafting philosophy. They have made several reaches with key draft picks due to drafting for need rather than taking the best available player. They have not developed a system and stuck with it long enough to see results. They do not have the patience to build a foundation that can stand the test of time.

I believe that what they need to do to build a strong team is to dedicate the next three drafts to taking the best players available REGARDLESS OF NEED OR POSITION. The Rams need talent, plain and simple, and not in the form of high priced veterans. We need young talent that can be influenced to buy into what Spags is preaching, and supplemented by reasonably priced free agent veterans at key positions. We do need a franchise QB, so that is the one position I would consider drafting out of need. Once you get a core of talent assembled, that is when you start considering drafting out of need. However, when rebuilding from scratch, drafting by need is a luxury that time does not afford you.
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just came in here to thank you guys for Will Witherspoon, so yeah... Thanks.

Last edited by Thumper : 10-26-2009 at 11:22 PM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 11:16 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I just came in here to thank you guys for Sean Witherspoon, so yeah... Thanks.
Sean Weatherspoon plays for Mizzou.

And it was a good trade for both teams. WILL Witherspoon won't be in a Rams uniform when the Rams do turn it around, so why not get something for him right now. And from everything I've been hearing, Brandon Gibson is going to be a nice Receiver in the league.
Old 10-26-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Sean Weatherspoon plays for Mizzou.

And it was a good trade for both teams. WILL Witherspoon won't be in a Rams uniform when the Rams do turn it around, so why not get something for him right now. And from everything I've been hearing, Brandon Gibson is going to be a nice Receiver in the league.
:D He's new to the team, I'm still learning. But he had a monster game and looks like a great pick-up. 6 tackles, a sack, an interception, a FF and a TD in his first game as an Eagle, very impressive.

And Brandon Gibson is very talented.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote