Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 09-15-2009, 01:23 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That TD they took from us was utter ********.

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:29 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont get why that Td was overturned. Landed on both feet in the endzone with control, looked like 1 knee hit the ground then the ball start to come out. Thats the NFL for you..

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:43 AM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

raidernation, you spelled future wrong in your sig. Like someone else said, I freak out every time russell drops back to throw, and I bet the coaching staff does too. How long can we go with him. I missed Garcia so much tonite, and I was actually more comfortable with gradkowski in. If we had even a shaun hill type QB, we would have won this game with ease. DHB should not even be dressing yet, anyone can open up the field if they run straight down the sideline, but he is not a threat to do anything in the passing game. Murphy is worlds ahead of him so far and making a fraction of what he makes. I can believe Beyward Hey has 24 million guaranteed. Crazy seeing HUff actually make a play. Tyvon Branch was all over the place tonite, and a beast on special teams. Seymour is a game changer, i have been and still am completely fine with that trade, especially if we lock him up. I see us franchising him if we dont. Nnamdi was phenomenal as usual, Routt made a key mistake, and I still think Ricky Brown sucks and is nothing more than depth on any other team in the league. Where was he on all those sproles dumpoffs in the middle of the field? that killed us. I cant wait til Nick Miller is back because Louis Rankin offers us absolutely nothing in the kick return game. Overall I have suffered a huge let down tonight but am satisfied with where the team is at right now.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:04 AM    (permalink
nfrillman
Veteran

nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.nfrillman could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
That was a rip off. I wouldn't be surprised if the league issues an apology about it. What I really don't get about that ruling is that if someone dives into the endzone and fumbles it without being hit it still isn't a fumble, which is fine, but why doesn't clearly landing with two feet, possession, and a full body roll not count. Why is the ruling on TD's so different on runs and passes. In my opinion a TD catch becomes a TD the very instant the guy catches it. Anything after that shouldn't matter. Anyways, tough loss to swallow for you guys, but at least you didn't lose 28-0 to the Seahawks.

I am done arguing, until somebody says something stupid.
nfrillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:48 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Thing is with DHB, he opened up the field alot for us. Every play they gotta have a deep saftey to help the CB. With Murphy stepping up and should of had 2 tds, he looks like our #2 right now. Zach Miller once again shows us why he is one of the most underrated TEs out there
DHB would be better off taking a 'redshirt' year here. I'm hoping the return of Schilens relegates him to the slot where his skillset would serve better in the short-term until he improves his game fundamentally to where he could consistently disengage from press coverage and learn how to use his speed to his advantage in gaining separation, which includes grasping the tiny nuances of the position.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

DHB needs to learn how to catch first and foremost.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
In regards to DHB, we can't worry about his progression this season as much as winning some games. Right now we have two starting caliber receivers who could help us (Schilens, Murphy). DHB's got too much work ahead of him to be any sort of a factor, and it's going to take immense work in the offseason with Russell before I'd expect him to get a feel for the speed and timing of the pro game.
The fact that DHB is behind your 4th round rookie WR is beyond ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
I dont get why that Td was overturned. Landed on both feet in the endzone with control, looked like 1 knee hit the ground then the ball start to come out. Thats the NFL for you..
Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Like someone else mentioned, the double standard for pass vs. rush TDs is a little annoying, but the rule is pretty clear and they made the right call. It looked to me like a simple rookie misqueue, which really sucks for Murphy b/c he looks incredible.

Basically, if the player is on his way to the ground (falling or getting knocked down) while catching the ball he has to come up off the ground with the ball.

Here's a solid article on the ruling. ---> linked

I'm glad Seymour impressed. He's a beast and I hope Al finally gives a big payday to a guy who truly deserves it and, more importantly, will continue to work his ass off every day after getting it.

Congrats, sort of . . . the Raiders really looked like a solid team last night. Hopefully Russell makes some even bigger strides in his development this year.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If our offense had been a little more explosive and cohesive we wouda won by at least a TD

Props to BK for the sig
Quote:
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Old 09-15-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Murphy has looked like a beast both times I have watched y'all (Saints, Chargers). If he can catch the ball and hold on to it he will be great for y'all.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Besides the drops, did anyone else notice DHB just completely failing when it came to running routes? On the play that Higgins got annihilated you can see him falling on his ass trying to run a comeback. I lol'd.
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:19 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the field was pretty slick. I also saw a couple of defenders slipping on the grass a few times.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

I hate our field...why can't we get a new stadium built for football only?

I was gonna suggest we kick the As out cuz they suck but....the same argument can be used against the Raiders 8S

Props to BK for the sig
Quote: