Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Washington Redskins Team Forum

Washington Redskins Team Forum Discuss the Skins

Old 03-09-2007, 10:46 PM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Jason Campbell

thoughts?

I will spare you mine so I dont come off as a hater
Old 03-10-2007, 12:11 AM    (permalink
skinzzfan25
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.skinzzfan25 is so money.

Great potential, has everything that you could need in a quarterback, huge arm, poise, NOT FRAGILE, pretty mobile for his size, hes freaking huge, quick learner, CAN BE A LEADER, and probably more.

Don't ask me about Eli, I wouldn't want to come off as a hater ;)
Old 03-10-2007, 01:48 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

better than eli
Old 03-11-2007, 01:01 AM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the best thing i saw in him last year was his poise, doesnt breakdown under pressure and handles game speed well for how young he is

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 01:07 AM    (permalink
toonsterwu
Legend

toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.toonsterwu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the potential for Campbell is ridiculously high, and this past year, he's shown steps in the right direction. He handled himself fairly well this year, considering the situation, and if the Redskins coach him correctly, and provide him with the weapons, Campbell has all the tools in his arsenal to truly excel and be a quality NFL starter. It's a lot of if's right now, as it is with all young QB's.
toonsterwu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2007, 02:03 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

the best thing about his progression is that nationally he is never in talks about young qb's that need to develop, he is overlooked by espn and major networks which i think will help him a lot

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2007, 11:20 AM    (permalink
NIN1984
Pro Bowler

NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NIN1984 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He was my favorite QB in that draft and I wanted the Raiders to get him so bad, I think he will turn out just fine.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Madgriffon32

good qb...I wish the Llyod wouldn't have tried tot hrow him under the bus during his radio interviews saying Campbell didnt know the system..it seemed to me Llyod didn't realize on the few occasions Campbell threw to him just how strong his arm is...
Old 03-16-2007, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a big Jason Campbell fan. His development is one of the main reasons I have the Redskins as my preliminary pick to win the NFC East this year.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:33 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I am a big Jason Campbell fan. His development is one of the main reasons I have the Redskins as my preliminary pick to win the NFC East this year.
Plus rep points for you shivy.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 03:29 AM    (permalink
critesy
All-Pro

critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.critesy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post

i think they're going to win too :).

RIP, Sean Taylor.
critesy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2007, 04:14 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghettosermon View Post
That offense will be explosive. It's the defense that will make or break the year for the Redskins. If they add the necessary pass rushers, I like their chances.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 03:24 AM    (permalink
MP123
Veteran

MP123 smells like sex panther.

He looks like he'll be pretty good in the future.
MP123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 11:37 PM    (permalink
omecool20

What I have seen and read about him, indicates that Skins would do well to utilize his talents. And not screw him up like Patrick Ramsey :-)

But I think he will not be another Ramsey. I look to him to play better this coming season.
Old 03-20-2007, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Campbell. I think he's gonna be a fine player. He's partly the reason why you'll probably see the Redskins in my next NFL Truth's thread (in a positive way this time).

I think the Skins will be back next year.
Old 03-20-2007, 03:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I like Campbell. I think he's gonna be a fine player. He's partly the reason why you'll probably see the Redskins in my next NFL Truth's thread (in a positive way this time).

I think the Skins will be back next year.
+ Rep Points.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 03:06 PM    (permalink
Eaglez.Fan
All-Pro

Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Eaglez.Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am actually quite scared about facing the Skins next year, a reason is Campbell. Before him QB was my only doubt about the Skins offense, now IMO it's solved. Hopefully Jimmy Johnson will have a nice package for him though :p
Old 04-21-2007, 10:09 AM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

boisefan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Looks very poised, and handles pressure great for his lack of experience.
Keep in mind he has great teachers around him, including Mark Brunell.
boisefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2007, 01:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You know whats funny. From a prospect point of view, I don't see anything that Russell brings to the table that Campbell didn't.

Yet in what was a weak qb class, Campbell was the 3rd taken off the board.

So what justifies Russell being worthy of the #1 pick this year? Considering that Quinn is infinitely better than Alex Smith as a prospect? I don't get it.
Old 04-21-2007, 01:09 PM    (permalink
neko4
All-NFLDC

neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.neko4 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan View Post
Looks very poised, and handles pressure great for his lack of experience.
Keep in mind he has great teachers around him, including Mark Brunell.
I can see where Brunell and COllins have probably helped in some way

Sig thanks to Bonekrusher
neko4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:16 AM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

Quote:
You know whats funny. From a prospect point of view, I don't see anything that Russell brings to the table that Campbell didn't.

Yet in what was a weak qb class, Campbell was the 3rd taken off the board.

So what justifies Russell being worthy of the #1 pick this year? Considering that Quinn is infinitely better than Alex Smith as a prospect? I don't get it.
I feel the same way, Campbell and Russell are very similer. I believe that the Redskins picked a great future QB, and I think that is what people see most in Russell, a solid QB that can learn fast, and help lead a team soon, to make a quick impact that will last.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:09 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by boisefan View Post
I feel the same way, Campbell and Russell are very similer. I believe that the Redskins picked a great future QB, and I think that is what people see most in Russell, a solid QB that can learn fast, and help lead a team soon, to make a quick impact that will last.
While Im also a fan of Campbell, let's not make the expectations for him next year to be beyond reality. Truth is, what we saw last year was indication that he will become a solid qb in the NFL. He shows the signs. But he's not gonna be a great QB instantly next year. He, like all other developing qbs, needs 2 more years before you really get to know what he's made of.

I think its gonna be key to develop him the right way this upcoming season and not put too much on his plate. You guys have the oline and RBs to develop him properly, but its up to Saunders to utilize it to its max potential.

Personally, I think Gibbs should run his scheme again and call the plays. I don't like Saunders scheme in Washington, it doesn't fit. Gibbs used Moss much better, and Cooley much better. Its hard to switch schemes now though, because Campbell just got accustomed to the Saunders scheme, which isn't easy to do.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Canadian_draft_fan
Veteran

Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.Canadian_draft_fan wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
While Im also a fan of Campbell, let's not make the expectations for him next year to be beyond reality. Truth is, what we saw last year was indication that he will become a solid qb in the NFL. He shows the signs. But he's not gonna be a great QB instantly next year. He, like all other developing qbs, needs 2 more years before you really get to know what he's made of.

I think its gonna be key to develop him the right way this upcoming season and not put too much on his plate. You guys have the oline and RBs to develop him properly, but its up to Saunders to utilize it to its max potential.

Personally, I think Gibbs should run his scheme again and call the plays. I don't like Saunders scheme in Washington, it doesn't fit. Gibbs used Moss much better, and Cooley much better. Its hard to switch schemes now though, because Campbell just got accustomed to the Saunders scheme, which isn't easy to do.
This is as logical post on the Redskins from a non-fan as I have ever seen. We definitely need to be patient with Campbell for a year or two and be a run oriented team.
Canadian_draft_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 12:19 PM    (permalink
boisefan
Rookie

I agree, he did good for the time he started, but he needs some work still.
And I agree about Saunders offence not fitting the Redskins, but remember, it was the first year of that system, and teams always improve on the second year of a 700+ play system.
Old 04-22-2007, 12:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

I think if he incorporates more 2 TE sets and screen passes to Moss, it will be ok.

The issue I have with Saunders scheme is he likes to spread you out with 3 WRs and run in between the nickel fronts. Its very similar to Coughlin's scheme, and Im not sure if thats the best way to develop a qb.

Because when the qb does throw, he's throwing on a nickel front, opposed to 8 in the box the way Gibbs scheme wouldve made it for Campbell.

That obviously, makes it tougher for the qb. With that oline and those RBs, they need to pack it up and run down everyone's throat. Take shots when they need to take em.

Contrary to what others believe, I honestly think the defense will be back next year. People forget how injured this team was last year. I think with a defensive linemen in this draft, this team can play defense/run heavy offense very well next year.

Communication amongst the coaches has to be key though. Last year we saw all the coaches work individually and it left the players confused. There needs to be better communication amongst the coaches.