Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Singletary getting any coaching props?
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:17 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
Did Greenbay win a game or two last year BECAUSE of their secondary playing so well? There's not many teams who's secondary I'd take over GBs. In fact I wouldn't be upset if some weird miracle there was a forced straight up change of ours for theirs and it's not like the Panthers are lacking in that area.

The more I think about it, GB has the best secondary in their division and would if they played in the NFC South, NFC West, AFC West and AFC East.
Just wondering, what are the secondaries you would put above Green Bay?
Old 09-16-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
I know you're not asking me but now i think about i'd say only Tennessee have a better secondary.

The homer in me would also like to say a healthy Colts secondary is very good at doing what they're asked.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 03:28 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Except for Philly and possibly Pitt and Tennessee not a single team in the NFL.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 04:23 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
How the hell is it overrated? It consists of a top 3 corner (Woodson), a top 20 corner (Harris), a pro bowl free safety (Collins), and one of the best nicklebacks in the league (Williams). The weakest spot of our secondary is strong safety where we have Bigby who is at least average when healthy. Not many teams can top that.
Every big game i've seen, they get trashed. I don't care where the hell you rank them individually, i've seen them get beaten like dirty rugs more than a few times in big situations to make me think they're overrated.
Old 09-16-2009, 04:29 AM    (permalink
thetedginnshow
All-NFLDC

thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thetedginnshow is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we're all forgetting about the Jets'.
Old 09-16-2009, 06:02 AM    (permalink
umphrey
Pro Bowler

umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.umphrey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Every big game i've seen, they get trashed. I don't care where the hell you rank them individually, i've seen them get beaten like dirty rugs more than a few times in big situations to make me think they're overrated.
Are you thinking about the pre Woodson secondary or some of the big plays that happened when we didn't have a pass rush? Because otherwise I don't see how that makes much sense. As an outsider looking in it would still be pretty hard to find 5 teams with a better secondary than us.

Thanks to BK for the sig
umphrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 06:12 AM    (permalink
dc22
Veteran

dc22 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by umphrey View Post
Are you thinking about the pre Woodson secondary or some of the big plays that happened when we didn't have a pass rush? Because otherwise I don't see how that makes much sense. As an outsider looking in it would still be pretty hard to find 5 teams with a better secondary than us.
i think he's referring to the beating the saints put on us last year
dc22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:11 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22 View Post
but that was more of an DLine issue with you guys. Brees is lethal when he has some time to throw. He is able to kill gods if he has all day to throw.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone gets beaten sometimes, hell there's plenty of games where randy Moss' stats have read 1 rec 12 yds or where Manning has thrown multiple INTs, or brady for that matter.

The thing is a few bad games does not a team make.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc22 View Post
The big GB secondary flop that sticks out in my mind is the Giants playoff game in 07, but to be fair that's some distance away now.

I do think the Pack have a top 5 secondary, and probably even a top 3, but I really can't put anybody above the Titans right now. I think their safeties are superb and they have a shut down corner to throw in on top of that. The Raiders are surprisingly sharp here too, Chris Johnson has really developed into an ace across from Nnamdi, and Routt at nickel. Huff may be coming around at FS too.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 11:10 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the big thing is that their DL has struggled a fair bit the last couple of years, the secondary does all that can really be asked of it, it applies for every team, if you give a QB 5+ seconds he should hit an open target because someone should get open.

Personally I think that Pittsburgh is better for sure. I quite like Jacksonville, Tennessee, Baltimore, Carolina, Philly and the Jets, basically the amount of pass rush those teams get will pick their order. Vikings, if healthy should be much improved this year simply by getting rid of Sharper but I don't see us on the same level though our DL can help inflate the backs.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote