Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Na na na nah, Na na na nah, hey hey hey, goodbye

(it's Green Bay vs. Minnesota now in the NFC North)
With all due respect, and I mean with all due respect ;) Green Bay didn't look that great either last night. Defense was good but their offense looked like dog **** for most of the game. Is that attributed to the Bears' defense or just a bad performance? We'll have to see.

Big blow though for us, Urlacher was said to be back in full health and ready to have a nice season. And yea, **** you Peter King. :D

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:04 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
How ironic that he called Cutler a ***** (<-- vagina) and is now talking about missing the entire season b/c of a wrist injury.
which was said by Bobby Wade, a guy that was on a division rival. hmmmmmmm

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:06 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bears need to sign Bobby Wade.
Old 09-14-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKevin View Post
I wonder if anyone who is calling Urlacher out for going on IR has ever had a dislocated wrist? I haven't but I'm sure it's painful and requires a lot of time to heal, especially considering that if it gets jarred any more out of place it could do serious damage to the numerous ligaments and nerves that run through there.
My buddy's girlfriend was a nationally qualified gymnist and used to compete nationally with Canada and her CAREER was ended by torn wrist ligaments when she was 18 and still wears a wrist guard/brace most of the time at home nearly 6 years later. A wrist injury isn't a little injury by any means. I'm sure he would have put one of those massive club casts on and played if he could.
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
Seanhawk
Rookie

Seanhawk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Seanhawk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
My buddy's girlfriend was a nationally qualified gymnist and used to compete nationally with Canada and her CAREER was ended by torn wrist ligaments when she was 18 and still wears a wrist guard/brace most of the time at home nearly 6 years later. A wrist injury isn't a little injury by any means. I'm sure he would have put one of those massive club casts on and played if he could.
I'm not questioning Urlacher sitting out the year but a gymnast is a completely different thing with all the force they put on their hands and wrists bouncing off of them and everything else, holding onto rings and other stuff. I don't know much about gymnastics.

I think people are just wondering why they couldn't put it in a big club like you mentioned.
Seanhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
With all due respect, and I mean with all due respect ;) Green Bay didn't look that great either last night. Defense was good but their offense looked like dog **** for most of the game. Is that attributed to the Bears' defense or just a bad performance? We'll have to see.

Big blow though for us, Urlacher was said to be back in full health and ready to have a nice season. And yea, **** you Peter King. :D
Yeah, but that's a good thing. The defense was the question. We know the offense is good. The only new starters this year is the right side of the offensive line. If we get that right tackle spot fixed our offense will be right back to what it was last year.
Old 09-14-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not questioning Urlacher sitting out the year but a gymnast is a completely different thing with all the force they put on their hands and wrists bouncing off of them and everything else, holding onto rings and other stuff. I don't know much about gymnastics.
I have two mates who have had wrist injuries. One fell and broke it and dislocated it, that was 2 and a half years ago, still is recovering and will never have full flexibility in the joint.

Other has now had a cast on it for 9 months, still barely has any mobility, he dislocated it and in the process tore a tendon in his wrist, it hurts for him to use a knife and fork, so i can't imagine what football would feel like. He is also unlikely to ever have a full range of motion and can't grab.

Urlacher probably could put a club on, but how much use is a one handed linebacker? He almost certainly would be incapable of grabbing with the hand and would have to really overcome pain to shed blockers, just seems like he would be a negative to the teams chances to me.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
S T R I N G
Rookie

S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.S T R I N G is a cocksman.

Urlacher's chance at the Hall of Fame is slipping away...
S T R I N G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
their offense looked like dog **** for most of the game. Is that attributed to the Bears' defense or just a bad performance? We'll have to see.
You honestly believe the Packers Offense is going to continue playing like that? That was a bump in the road. Offense is what Mike McCarthey do, he'll get it turned around.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:07 AM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brad Biggs explains why Urlacher can't return with a cast.

"The reason Urlacher was placed on IR is because of the bone he injured. He dislocated the lunate bone, according to the Bears, and that is the bone that is at the center of the wrist, at the middle of the eight bones. It holds the wrist together, and the risk in not treating the injury immediately, or coming back before the injury is completely healed is significant. It could lead to permanent nerve damage and that could affect Urlacher's hand long term."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/bears/2009...with.html#more
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:00 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You honestly believe the Packers Offense is going to continue playing like that? That was a bump in the road. Offense is what Mike McCarthey do, he'll get it turned around.
Sadly... I dont. The scarier thing is how good the defense looked, with all their talent on defense I was worried it would come together by seasons end but it already looked together against a team whose offense figures to be middle of the pack. Was kind of hoping they would lose a few early while the defense found its feet and hope to edge them, looks like the defense already has it's feet which is a worry.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 09-15-2009, 09:53 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Sadly... I dont. The scarier thing is how good the defense looked, with all their talent on defense I was worried it would come together by seasons end but it already looked together against a team whose offense figures to be middle of the pack. Was kind of hoping they would lose a few early while the defense found its feet and hope to edge them, looks like the defense already has it's feet which is a worry.
I think its a two way argument. One could say it was mostly based on not knowing what the packers defense can and will do. With more tape it could as well as turn around and be less productive in the beginning. I believe thats something where we have to wait and see

Old 09-15-2009, 10:42 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I think its a two way argument. One could say it was mostly based on not knowing what the packers defense can and will do. With more tape it could as well as turn around and be less productive in the beginning. I believe thats something where we have to wait and see
Not sure about that, last year aside your defense has been good for a fair bit, a hell of a lot talent out there and the reason it wasn't great last year(injuries aside) is it just didn't click and come together, looked pretty damn together against the Bears and made Cutler look average, which he really isnt.

Props to BK on the sig!
Old 09-15-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wogitalia View Post
Not sure about that, last year aside your defense has been good for a fair bit, a hell of a lot talent out there and the reason it wasn't great last year(injuries aside) is it just didn't click and come together, looked pretty damn together against the Bears and made Cutler look average, which he really isnt.
holy ************ id rather kill myself than be a packer fan.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
you and i both.

fate worse than death.

I'd believe that the more gamefilm is on the packers d-packages and looks, the harder it'll be to attack. The only thing you could work on with it is the preseason footage and classic dom capers games. which, isn't a lot... game 2 in the series will be very different.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Go Ronnie Lott style and cut off your hand.. hmmmm maybe not

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Seanhawk
Rookie

Seanhawk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Seanhawk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
I can see where he'd be confused...you do have a Packer logo as an avatar picture.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanhawk View Post
I can see where he'd be confused...you do have a Packer logo as an avatar picture.
i lost an avy bet

Old 09-15-2009, 01:13 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaarat316 View Post
Bears need to sign Bobby Wade.
He is a Chief as of today.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:25 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat420 View Post
He is a Chief as of today.
loads of ex bears those chiefs are...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 09-15-2009 at 02:05 PM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S T R I N G View Post
Urlacher's chance at the Hall of Fame is slipping away...
to be honest, i don't think he ever was quite there.

even before this injury, he was injury prone, and his sample size of dominance was just too small for him to be a HOFer in my eyes.

Getting his lunch eaten in the SB didn't help either.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
Seanhawk
Rookie

Quote:
i lost an avy bet
Ah...brutal.
Old 09-15-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
regoob2
All-Pro

regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.regoob2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
to be honest, i don't think he ever was quite there.

even before this injury, he was injury prone, and his sample size of dominance was just too small for him to be a HOFer in my eyes.

Getting his lunch eaten in the SB didn't help either.
A decade is sample size?

regoob2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
Yeah, but that's a good thing. The defense was the question. We know the offense is good. The only new starters this year is the right side of the offensive line. If we get that right tackle spot fixed our offense will be right back to what it was last year.
I'll flip the argument. The question about the Bears this year wasn't the offense, it was whether or not the defense would step up. I think they did a pretty damn good job against one of the most potent offenses in the game, and I sure as hell know that Cutler won't have to many games like he did against Green Bay (although blame should be put on his receivers for stopping routes and his OL for not pass blocking).

We did lose 3 starters though (Clark is out for a couple weeks, Pisa is out for 6 I believe, and Urlacher is done for the year).

Once tape gets out on the Packers defense I think you'll see teams start to adjust to their blitzing and coverage packages. We seemed like we had no idea what to do against you guys in the first half but we settled down and moved the ball well in the second. I was very impressed with your defense, you wreaked havoc and will force a lot of turnovers but I also believe you are going to allow some points in broken coverages adjusting to this new system.

None of the North contenders looked very good in the opener, so this division is still up for grabs in my opinion. Although we have taken a step back with losing 3 starters and probably had the worst performance of any "playoff caliber team" other than Carolina in Week 1.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
Non-Bears fans:

Please stop letting us know how critical he was to the defense. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.

Now,

Briggs inside...Jamar Williams in at WLB. Coaching staff has been high on him for as long as I can remember, and were confident in him taking over for Briggs when we thought he was lost as a FA a few seasons ago. Let's just see how that goes....

I read a quote by Briggs when asked if he would be moved inside and his response was "no, definately not, Hunter Hillenmeyer will pick up the slack" or to that effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote