Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default A day in the life of a Raider fan

As we pulled into Coliseum parkway, a man was standing on the street selling t-shirts with the logo "Ugly *****" printed on the front. The many fans making they're way to the field in Raiders clothing. I remember saying to the driver, "Whatever you do.. Do not cut anyone off!". After paying for parking we stood in line by the dangerous overpass to get into the main parking area by way of a cut up fence. The air around the stadium was smoggy and the sky a reddish orange type color.

Trash and mud littered the ground as we came closer to the stadium. Trailers were lined up like a drive in movie. By the looks of the overturned grills and empty beer bottles, we knew the game had started. So we waited walked around trying to fine the shortest entrance line. I smirked as the raider faithful of all ages taunted anyone not wearing silver in black. I, in fact, had on silver in black and I purchased a five dollar t-shirt commemorating the 40th season. As we moved slowly the body check line, my hand gripped tighter on my wallet and phone. The smell of a beer grew closer and when I looked for the source, a short pudgy hispanic man with a a painted face stood there with his mug. He had on full football gear with the raiders jersey that simply read "Senor". His outfit was topped off with a sombrero.

As we entered, I had the opportunity of seeing the first drunk guy arrested and thrown out. There was so much police there, you would think the coliseum had their own precinct. So we made our way down to our section more taunts came for the San Diego fans. Finding our seats was easier than I thought. We were seated right behind the black hole, which was cool as ****! I enjoyed the hardly fought game and cheering for the home team. I enjoyed the smell of beer and BBQ sauce that was apparent around the stadium. I also enjoyed watching a scuffle between one gentleman that had called Jamarcus Russell a mayate and another gentlemen who knew what that meant.

It was rather nice to be in a place where fishermen and drug dealers can find sense of camaraderie even for those 3-4 hours. It was nice seeing the raiders making plays and feeling the rumbling of the floor from the loud crowd. I guess it was rather nice to be a Raider fan for a day.

Don't get it twisted.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I went out to Oakland for the Steelers game a few years back. We were expecting to get some **** from their fans after hearing all the horror stories about the place. I was shocked to find that no one really said anything to us other than the normal trash talk you would hear at any game.

I've been treated worse at games in Cleveland and Cincy.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I went out to Oakland for the Steelers game a few years back. We were expecting to get some **** from their fans after hearing all the horror stories about the place. I was shocked to find that no one really said anything to us other than the normal trash talk you would hear at any game.

I've been treated worse at games in Cleveland and Cincy.
Cleveland fans taunt everyone. I have seats in the dawg pound and it doesn't matter who we play the ass hole chant gets started anytime anyone in a different jersey comes through.

I remember in 2007 when we played cinci in the 51-45 game (or whatever it was) at the end of the game some browns fan was going towards the bar in the dawg pound and saw a kid who looked about 8 years old in a bengals jersey with his dad in a bengals jersey, the guy looked at the kid and goes "GUESS WHAT KID, DADDYS A ******!" and ran away.

Browns fans have nothing better to do cause our team sucks.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For their reputation, I found most of the people I sat near to be kind of cool. I used to live in LA and I was a Chiefs fan so it wasn't the best environment but I went to a game once and no one said anything offensive, just taunting and joking but light-hearted kind of way. It is definitely a cool place to watch a game and I imagine it's even better if you're a Raiders fan. They're fanatical, kind of like Chiefs fans. It's a blast.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 11:13 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The hoods (who, for the most part, can't afford to go to the games anyways) are the ones who give Raider fans a bad rep.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
The hoods (who, for the most part, can't afford to go to the games anyways) are the ones who give Raider fans a bad rep.
I gotta admit, the razor wire fences around houses was pretty intimidating.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
I gotta admit, the razor wire fences around houses was pretty intimidating.
Yeah, that's messed up :O

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know what a mayate is, and frankly, i would never call J-Roc that.
Old 09-15-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I know what a mayate is, and frankly, i would never call J-Roc that.
The Hispanics were sitting behind me and there was a group of black people in front of me. I was screwed.

Old 09-15-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YAYareaRB View Post
The Hispanics were sitting behind me and there was a group of black people in front of me. I was screwed.
LOL! Yeah, it isn't a very nice thing to be calling someone, especially in front of people that know what you're saying.
Old 09-15-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best believe I Urban Dictionary'd that.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
locseti
Veteran

locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.locseti is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That YouTube vid is spot on, all I've ever really done is yell raiiiiiiiiiddddddeeeerrrrssss at opposing fans just like the fans were doin in the vid.
locseti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's balance it out
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
Niners_2152
Rookie

Niners_2152 smells like sex panther.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoughBoy View Post
If the mexicans are booing him for coming into their house, maybe he should be booing them for coming into our house (USA).
Old 09-15-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
7-11
Veteran

7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.7-11 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niners_2152 View Post
If the mexicans are booing him for coming into their house, maybe he should be booing them for coming into our house (USA).
...I hope you're not serious.
7-11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 12:51 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Technically, since they're in California, the Mexicans can boo who they want.

Old 09-16-2009, 01:09 AM    (permalink
kalbears13
Pro Bowler

Location: The difference between a child's toy and an adult toy
kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.kalbears13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
Cleveland fans taunt everyone. I have seats in the dawg pound and it doesn't matter who we play the ass hole chant gets started anytime anyone in a different jersey comes through.

I remember in 2007 when we played cinci in the 51-45 game (or whatever it was) at the end of the game some browns fan was going towards the bar in the dawg pound and saw a kid who looked about 8 years old in a bengals jersey with his dad in a bengals jersey, the guy looked at the kid and goes "GUESS WHAT KID, DADDYS A ******!" and ran away.

That happened to me in Oakland when I was like 10, except he called us both ********.
Old 09-16-2009, 01:17 AM    (permalink
The Dynasty
Pro Bowler

The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Dynasty is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post

Yeah..I was down in Cleveland for the Vikings game and Let me just say they ruthless. This kid near me maybe 12 was getting hit by peanuts because he was wearing a Peterson jersey. Also was told the Bathroom is a scary place for an away team fan. Then getting back to the car had to deal with some drunk guy who told us to get out of his ******* town you ******* ******* and a lot of other things.

Ive only been to 3 stadiums(Buffalo, Cleveland, Minnesota) in my life and Cleveland fans were the worse then Buffalo. But I have to say they love their team and they show it.

Vikings | Yankees | Magic | Sabres | Chelsea FC | Alabama | St. Bonaventure
The Dynasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 07:38 AM    (permalink
Niners_2152
Rookie

Niners_2152 smells like sex panther.

Actually let me clarify myself.... I have no tolerance for people who go to games to get drunk and cause trouble. Not just Mexicans but any nationality. It's about the game, not about trash talking and getting into fights etc.
Old 09-16-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Actually let me clarify myself.... I have no tolerance for people who go to games to get drunk and cause trouble. Not just Mexicans but any nationality. It's about the game, not about trash talking and getting into fights etc.
That's what makes Oakland original

Old 09-16-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great writeup, Yay, you definitely have a future in gonzo sports journalism.

Reminded me of a time in the early 90s, my fellow Dallas fans wore blue & silver regalia to the LA Mausoleum when the team was in LA. We received some colorful commentary yelled from the cheap seats anytime we stood up, but since Dallas was en route to its 2nd consecutive SB & the Raiders had Todd Marijuanavich playing QB, all we had to do was point to the scoreboard to silence them. They had to cut off beer sales at halftime (a Raider tradition!) b/c a group of drunk Raider fans had chainwhipped some Denver fan fool enough to wear Bronco colors comatose the wk. before.

Yes it still happens, the day the Raiders went to their last SB (Callahan blew it to Tampa) I was in San Jose at a Lucky's checkout line buying libations before kickoff wearing my only Raiders garment, a Starter jersey, but already 4 sheets to the wind Raider fans ragged on me with threatening tones in a freaking grocery store b/c it had 2-ft. tall letters reading LA on it. Frustrated Raider fans eat their own, believe me, sportsfans, I couldn't make this up.

The Alameda Co. Coliseum on gameday is an experience. Razor wire, tattooed drunk hooligans, pachucos in Darth Vader Halloween costumes every October showing gang signs & stiff middle fingers to the TV cameras, EMD vehicles lined up with flashing lights at the entrances to transport the nonwalking wounded, glad to see that the Oakland is still in every way a 3rd World country.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I <3 the Bay.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
I <3 the Bay.
Me too my friend.. me too

Old 09-16-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
That sounds nothing like what you said earlier.