Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-17-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I bet you....and the meteor i've been asking for will finally hit Rivers
I continue to find this very unlikely.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
Brodeur
Brother Mouzone
Legend

Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brodeur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post

!!!zzzzZZ!!ZZ
We've got a possible kill screen.

RIP TheManInBlack
Brodeur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So basically everyone is pretty sure that the Giants beat the Cowboys this week? The prediction thread was about 80% NY to 20% Dal.

I am pumped to see the Philly/NO game. How exciting is the Saint O vs the Philly D? I want to see if Brees can have that type of game against a quality D with pressure in his face. I also think that, especially with Kolb at the helm, the other matchup (Philly O/ Saint D) should be an evenly matched one as well. I think Philly was already in trouble offensively even with a healthy McNabb, but with Kolb in we could see some real anemic play.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 07:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, I didnt really understand that. But I am a Cowboys fan. You'd figure Dallas has an edge, though. Romo has never lost a regular season game to the Giants, the new stadium opening, and well the Giants are a bit nicked up. No Ross could be a problem.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah, I didnt really understand that. But I am a Cowboys fan. You'd figure Dallas has an edge, though. Romo has never lost a regular season game to the Giants, the new stadium opening, and well the Giants are a bit nicked up. No Ross could be a problem.
I'm giving the edge to the Cowboys. Should be close as always though.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
So basically everyone is pretty sure that the Giants beat the Cowboys this week? The prediction thread was about 80% NY to 20% Dal.

I am pumped to see the Philly/NO game. How exciting is the Saint O vs the Philly D? I want to see if Brees can have that type of game against a quality D with pressure in his face. I also think that, especially with Kolb at the helm, the other matchup (Philly O/ Saint D) should be an evenly matched one as well. I think Philly was already in trouble offensively even with a healthy McNabb, but with Kolb in we could see some real anemic play.
I'm really excited for it as well. This is going to be a great match up esp. between the Saints O and Eagles D.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
I'm really excited for it as well. This is going to be a great match up esp. between the Saints O and Eagles D.
Yep, it should be a great test for both units.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say the Raiders run all over he Chiefs

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I say the Raiders run all over he Chiefs
I say Jamarcus is going to eat an entire cow between now and Sunday.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read that the Steelers will be using a 2-1 rotation between Parker and Mendenhall. Thank god, I hope Mendenhall shows something Sunday. MeMo will play passing downs and no huddle.
Old 09-18-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am beginning to feel that Chicago might be able to upset Pittsburgh, for some reason.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
d34ng3l021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously had the same feeling for a little while. But I still picked the Steelers in the pick em thread.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-18-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

L.T. is O.U.T.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.d34ng3l021 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I seriously had the same feeling for a little while. But I still picked the Steelers in the pick em thread.
Same. However, I think Cutler just might have a huge game at the home opener and the Bears defense does a good job containing Roethlisberger and the run game.

"He's the leader of the next great class of NFL players." - John Elway on Matt Ryan
Old 09-18-2009, 06:26 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bah.

Chris Canty is out for the Dallas game, along with Kenny Phillips and Kevin Dockery.

I was really looking forward to having Canty line up against Leonard Davis and have him be eaten alive for being a traitorous ****.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:37 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by d34ng3l021 View Post
Same. However, I think Cutler just might have a huge game at the home opener and the Bears defense does a good job containing Roethlisberger and the run game.
The last time the Steelers played Cutler, he carved them up pretty good. However, he had a lot more offensive firepower on the Broncos at the time than he does now with the Bears. I don't think the Bears have the offensive weapons or the offensive line to help Cutler out. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. I think it'll be close because I think the Bears will be fired up at their home opener and our run game is as worthless as a limp ***** right now, but I can see Cutler being easily rattled by the Steelers blitz and defense that is returning Lawrence Timmons.
Old 09-18-2009, 06:48 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Timmons returning is a big boost, but playing without Troy is a bigger loss IMO. With that being said, I fully expect blitzburgh to be out in full force. Cutler didn't look too good under pressure last week and it isn't going to get any easier this week.

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 06:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Bah.

Chris Canty is out for the Dallas game, along with Kenny Phillips and Kevin Dockery.

I was really looking forward to having Canty line up against Leonard Davis and have him be eaten alive for being a traitorous ****.
I think Phillips and Dockey are questionable.

They do have a lot of guys out, though. Canty, Ross, Nicks, Ware.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-18-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Timmons returning is a big boost, but playing without Troy is a bigger loss IMO. With that being said, I fully expect blitzburgh to be out in full force. Cutler didn't look too good under pressure last week and it isn't going to get any easier this week.
No doubt losing Troy hurts a lot, but with this schedule early on, I don't think it'll hurt us that bad. For as much **** I give Tyrone Carter, he actually is a pretty good backup and will be a good run stopping force, although his coverage may be a bit off.

I expect Olsen to get a lot of targets this week for Chicago. Hell, I even see Forte getting spread out and having a not 100 percent Timmons cover him.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:35 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Four years, $27 million for McGee
Old 09-18-2009, 09:42 PM    (permalink
d34ng3l021
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
The last time the Steelers played Cutler, he carved them up pretty good. However, he had a lot more offensive firepower on the Broncos at the time than he does now with the Bears. I don't think the Bears have the offensive weapons or the offensive line to help Cutler out. Could I be wrong? Absolutely. I think it'll be close because I think the Bears will be fired up at their home opener and our run game is as worthless as a limp ***** right now, but I can see Cutler being easily rattled by the Steelers blitz and defense that is returning Lawrence Timmons.
Yeah. Cutler needs to stand strong in the pocket and deliver accurate passes in order for the Bears to win (well no ****...). I really hope the Bears utilize short drops and quick passes to Olsen and Forte (wtf. use him in the passing game) to establish that all important rhythm for a QB. If some semblance of a run game can be established, along with the short passes early in the game, then I really like the Bears chances.

It will be interesting to see how the Bears defense handles PIT's (backyard) offense.

Old 09-19-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bears will go no where until they get Matt Forte going. If they have to pass to win then they won't do much winning. Jay Cutler is much more mediocre than anyone cares to admit. He and Matt Schaub are kinda in the same boat. Both get a lot of praise, yet they have accomplished very little.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 12:37 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting you feel that way about Cutler now. Wasn't so long ago that you considered him a great QB, but maybe the change in scenery helped you see what was there all along.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously, everyone was on Cutler's jock before this offseason.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Seriously people, he had one bad game against a great secondary. Give the man a break. He's not going to put up the same numbers he put up in Denver without Marshall, but he's a damn good QB that you can win a Super Bowl with.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote