Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

View Poll Results: Darren Sproles or Reggie Bush?
Darren Sproles 75 69.44%
Reggie Bush 33 30.56%
Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Yeah, it's Sean Payton's fault the 2nd coming of Gayle Sayers is the NFL's biggest bust since Tim Couch.

Sproles all day, every day.

Call me when Reggie rushes for 1000 yards in a season.
I resent the comparison to Tim Couch. The kid had talent, but was surrounded by might have been the worst football team since McKay's Bucs

You look at that guy's rookie year considering the guys around him and he was pretty damn decent
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

YEah, if Couch had been in a different system under a different HC, and also didn't have those nagging injuries, he probably would have experienced a different pro career.

Matter of fact, it was his choice to retire, I still think there are teams who would be interested to have him on their roster.

Still, for whatever reasons, based mainly on draft expectations, Couch did bust.
Which doesn't make him a bad human being!!
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You cannot just turn him into a WR; to be a successful NFL receiver you need to have the mental game and precise route running, two things Bush does not have. Besides, you don't take someone 2nd overall to switch his position midway through his career. Let's face facts, he was a disaster who didn't even fulfill his "floor" of being Brian Westbrook. (Remember the Bush/Sayers nonsense, ha ha) You can get players who do the same thing in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, except they do it better: see Sproles, Norwood and Washington.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:13 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
You cannot just turn him into a WR; to be a successful NFL receiver you need to have the mental game and precise route running, two things Bush does not have. Besides, you don't take someone 2nd overall to switch his position midway through his career. Let's face facts, he was a disaster who didn't even fulfill his "floor" of being Brian Westbrook. (Remember the Bush/Sayers nonsense, ha ha) You can get players who do the same thing in the 2nd and 3rd rounds, except they do it better: see Sproles, Norwood and Washington.
Lol, I remember taking flak for saying Bush had no shot at being as good as Marshall Faulk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I picked DS as well as most of you but I'm not going to lie I thought Reggie Bush was going to be a special player and was like WTF when Houston passed I fail.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:20 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
After 6 years in Cleveland as a running back, Eric Metcalf was dealt to Atlanta and moved to slot receiver his first year there, 1995.

The Result?

104 catches, 1,189 yards, 8 TDs

So I do think it's possible for Bush to transition to being a wide receiver.

Will they try it? Remains to be seen
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think it is for sure possible for Bush to transition to being a full time wide receiver if guys can play QB and CB in college and make the switch Bush should be able to as well.
Old 09-18-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So if Reggie makes a minuscule improvement and actually remains healthy, he could easily go from 3.8 yards a carry to 4.... would that make him a real RB? lol.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
After 6 years in Cleveland as a running back, Eric Metcalf was dealt to Atlanta and moved to slot receiver his first year there, 1995.

The Result?

104 catches, 1,189 yards, 8 TDs

So I do think it's possible for Bush to transition to being a wide receiver.

Will they try it? Remains to be seen
Rep worthy nugget on Metcalf. (IMO he's still the greatest offensive skill player to come out of the Washington, DC Metro Area.)

Maybe it's time for Mr. Bush to dress for games wearing a number in the 80s and work out after practice shagging punts and kickoffs.;)
Old 09-18-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Saints 4 Lyfe
Veteran

Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints 4 Lyfe is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
Moss failed in Oakland because our pass protection was historically bad and he didn't try so that's really not relevant.

Just like you shouldn't draft a WR/KR to play RB.
We drafted an ATH to play RB...Not a true WR...Not a true RB...
Saints 4 Lyfe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 08:12 AM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That is a distortion of reality. When he was at USC he was a great RB, he was much more than just an "athlete." The problem is he relied on his speed and ability to make people miss, which is great, but he did not have the vision or patience necessary for the pro level.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 10:41 AM    (permalink
Nalej
All-Pro

Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Nalej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBUNCHER View Post
Rep worthy nugget on Metcalf. (IMO he's still the greatest offensive skill player to come out of the Washington, DC Metro Area.)

Maybe it's time for Mr. Bush to dress for games wearing a number in the 80s and work out after practice shagging punts and kickoffs.;)
Why? If D. Hester can keep his 23- why wouldn't Reggie be able to keep 25?

Nalej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:15 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Give me someone who has actually proved something on the NFL level. Not saying Bush can't become a better football player, but asking right now, then Sproles it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalej View Post
They should abandon the Reggie Bush-Running back project.
Make him a full time WR and put him in the slot in a Welker-role.
He'd dominate.
Sounds about right to me. He is a solid receiver but I don't think he will ever be a solid RB. He is also a kick and punt returner supreme.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how everyone bashes Bush for his inability to be a pure runner when talking about Sproles, who has had a whole 115 career carries.

He ain't no big deal in between the tackles either, so the day that they're both used the same way, then call me. Athletically speaking, i'd take Bush easily over Sproles.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I love how everyone bashes Bush for his inability to be a pure runner when talking about Sproles, who has had a whole 115 career carries.

He ain't no big deal in between the tackles either, so the day that they're both used the same way, then call me. Athletically speaking, i'd take Bush easily over Sproles.
Yet everyone in Dallas was ready to annoit Felix Jones the greatest thing since sliced bread after what....30 carries last season?

Funny stuff.

You can see talent. Felix Jones has talent. Darren Sproles has talent. Reggie Bush doesn't.
Old 09-19-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Yet everyone in Dallas was ready to annoit Felix Jones the greatest thing since sliced bread after what....30 carries last season?

Funny stuff.

You can see talent. Felix Jones has talent. Darren Sproles has talent. Reggie Bush doesn't.
You quote my post, almost inferring that i was one of those people.

Is that what you're saying, bbd?
Old 09-19-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
You quote my post, almost inferring that i was one of those people.

Is that what you're saying, bbd?
im validating their statement. like i said, you can see talent, even if its a small sample size sometimes.

i felt Ahmad Bradshaw would be a beast after his rookie year despite a small sample size, I feel that Felix will be the same, I think Darren is the best RB in SD at the moment, etc etc etc.

I was a big Michael Turner fan before he left SD.

We don't need to see Sproles run it 300 times before we can say he's a good player.

RB is one of the easiest positions to evaluate. The fact that they are dime a dozen, and Bush is struggling as one is just clear evidence to me of what he really is. No scheme change is gonna fix the guy. He just has no vision, and can't use his speed the way he did in college. Thats the truth.

And you can't just throw the guy at WR either. He has to learn the route tree, he has to learn how to read defenses, and he has to learn how to get open on CBs, not LBs. The guy is what he is.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BBD is right about RBs. Either you have it, or you don't. It's not exactly a position of rocket science, and there's always good ones available every year in the draft and FA.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
No scheme change is gonna fix the guy.
It's funny you say that, because I remember one of a small handful of games where he was used like a true HB, it was his rookie year against the Giants and he ran all over them.

I don't know how talentless, visionless players can have a lot of big games sprinkled in to the poor ones.

I dunno, Sproles has 12 touchdowns in 47 career games. Bush had 8 touchdowns in the first 6 games before he got injured last season.

Edit: One last thing, cuz no one is changing their minds. The one thing I think that can keep Reggie from being a premier player is his injury concerns. I think about how RBs are used, and how a lot of guys get their big plays and up their YPC in the second half, not always of course, but a good bit of the time it seems.

Now, the Saints abandon the run early, and we never really give Bush the amount of carries big time backs get to establish a rhythm, and wear a defense down. Of course, this could be due to Bush's inability to take that amount of pounding as well, and I can see that.

I just think about someone like Adrian Peterson, the most talented pure runner in the league, this guy can get the ball 18 times in the first half, and still only have like 45 yards or so, even HE can get stuffed that much. But in the second half, he can end with 25 carries and almost 180 yards because the defense is worn down, he's warmed up, and he has his rhythm going.

I think Reggie's YPC and productivity would go up heaps with more carries, especially in the second half, where the Saints usually give up on the run completely and go totally to the passing game (They are supposedly making a concerted effort to pound the ball in the second half). I think Sean Payton and his staff know this, they've said before that they know Reggie's production always rises the more he touches the ball, but I think they worry about him getting banged up.

Reggie isn't Barry Sanders at all, but I think if he actually stayed healthy, and was given a bulk of carries, he could get well over 1000 yards, while still being the best receiving back in the league, possibly the most dangerous returner, an exceptional pass protector, and a game changer that the defense has to plan around.

I just worry about the injuries, and how careless he has become with the ball lately. He got a **** ton of touches as a rookie and only fumbled twice, lately it seems to be a mental thing.

He's a unique player that has to be tailored to, but I don't think people are looking much beyond statistics to be honest.

Last edited by Saints-Tigers : 09-19-2009 at 05:32 PM.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
gsorace
Veteran

gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gsorace is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
I dunno, Sproles has 12 touchdowns in 47 career games. Bush had 8 touchdowns in the first 6 games before he got injured last season.
Yeah but he only had 2 rushing TDs all of last season.

Kyle Orton had 3.
gsorace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsorace View Post
Yeah but he only had 2 rushing TDs all of last season.

Kyle Orton had 3.
Are rushing TDs worth more than other TDs?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:46 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Are rushing TDs worth more than other TDs?
The Elias sports bureau calculated that the average rushing TD is worth 6.2 points, the average return touchdown 5.7, and the average TD through the air at 5.9.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
The Elias sports bureau calculated that the average rushing TD is worth 6.2 points, the average return touchdown 5.7, and the average TD through the air at 5.9.
Ah, thanks. Appreciate the clarification.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

What hurts Bush is the unbelievable hype surrounding him after he left USC, and the success of other highly touted RBs in recent years, ( AD, DeAngelo WIlliams, Chris Johnson, Matt Forte).
All I heard leading up to Reggie's draft year was Bush = Barry Sanders + Gayle Sayers...blah, blah, blah.
So far he's proven he's not even a credible NFL RB. Maybe he rebounds when he isn't re-signed by NO, maybe he never figures out the pro game at all.
I still think he has the tools to be successful, but he needs to realize he can't out-juke his way to the endzone in the NFL, sometimes a RB has to make one cut and run for daylight and forget all that dancing.