Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-20-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
25 total carries (Barber/Jones) is an absolute joke when they're averaging 9 yards per run. Stick with the running game, all damn night. He didnt do this. Dallas runs more, they win this game no problem, imo.
58 Plays. 25 runs.

Again, if you are saying treat Romo like a Rookie then no debate but geez ya think 1 and 10 at the 46 is time to float a INT to Phillips? Or thrid and ten throw a floater into the flat with 3 GMen.

I just did not see one aspect of the game where I said "wooooo too much passing."

What I saw was bad decision after bad decision by a Flake.

If you are simply going to shut him down. Bring in Choice or Crayton to be QB.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:49 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Also, I didn't want to read every post for the 4 pages but did anyone mention that the game should have been even worse had the ref not blown the INT TD dead?
Why you still scored a TD off that tourover...how does that make it worse?

If any team has the ability to play the what if game it's the cowboys...every bounce/call seemed to go against them today. Nothing they could do about it.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If we ran a simple college option offense at least Romo couldn't throw it right to big blue.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not saying to treat Romo like a rookie, the guy doesnt need his hand held. But when you are running like that...you do not stop. They were shutting down the pass but, there wasnt one time where they looked like they figured us out on the ground. It doesnt take a genius. You have to take advantage of that. Again, we're talking about a 9 yards per carry average. Not to mention, the plays would obviously be increased if you ran more from that 58 play count. Thus keeping your defense off the field, while you kill more clock.

And Felix Jones is being wasted. It's as simple as that.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-20-2009 at 11:53 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Phillips play was one example...even if Phillips wasn't there it wasn't catchable. The one to Williams along the sideline was also not a good decision...he had a open checkdown in the flats. I'm not against going down the field...but not when your QB is off. He was just off on everything outside of the hashes today.
That is the point, if Phillips is not there, it is not catchable and 2nd and 10.

But point is Phillips was there and there was NO EXCUSE for throwing it there.

Just like there was no excuse for the INT for TD. There were three GMen there.

The pass Crayton dropped was into double coverage on an OUT pattern.

You just don't throw those in the big leagues. You don't.

This is not about making him a better bus driver.

The guy is lost out there right now. Drugs maybe?

Just flat out bad decisions all game long and last week was not better. Just worse team.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why you still scored a TD off that tourover...how does that make it worse?

If any team has the ability to play the what if game it's the cowboys...every bounce/call seemed to go against them today. Nothing they could do about it.
Yes, your right sorry about that. Don't get me wrong we didn't play that well at all but some credit needs to go to us even though you guys were not good either.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
That is the point, if Phillips is not there, it is not catchable and 2nd and 10.

Just flat out bad decisions all game long and last week was not better. Just worse team.
idk if you've missed what I've said in the past...but I'm not a big Romo fan. I think he wins you games and loses you games. I've been in favor of Cutler and Palmer.

I'm saying if your QB is off...you pull the reigns in and limit his ability to make mistakes...because obviously he has proved he doesn't have the ability to do it on his own.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-20-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

The perfect pass that hit Crayton in the hands? Maybe not the greatest decision but, the ball was delivered perfectly.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-20-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
.....They were shutting down the pass .....
They did not shut down anything. Romo was not throwing the ball were it belonged.

For example, the OUT to Crayton he dropped. That pass needs to go to Austin on the slant. Instead, while a great throw, a bad decision which more often leads to INTs. Same bad read on the INT for TD.

They are showing you what he sees but I have no idea what is in his head.

It is as if he wants to prove he can "do the difficult stuff" instead of executing the simple stuff.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
They did not shut down anything. Romo was not throwing the ball were it belonged.

For example, the OUT to Crayton he dropped. That pass needs to go to Austin on the slant. Instead, while a great throw, a bad decision which more often leads to INTs. Same bad read on the INT for TD.

They are showing you what he sees but I have no idea what is in his head.

It is as if he wants to prove he can "do the difficult stuff" instead of executing the simple stuff.
Call it what you will. Same thing. Romo was awful, everyone could see it...So run the damn ball.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Yes, your right sorry about that. Don't get me wrong we didn't play that well at all but some credit needs to go to us even though you guys were not good either.
We outplayed you guys in every aspect of the game. Difference being we turned the ball over and you guys capitalized. You guys get the credit of the win but that is all. I guess I felt like just like in the playoffs "we should have won"...however that is a common recurrence with this Cowboys team.

Designs by me
Quote:
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
The perfect pass that hit Crayton in the hands? Maybe not the greatest decision but, the ball was delivered perfectly.
Again, this misses the point. It was a horrid read.

You don't make it in the NFL by forcing near impossible plays.

That play needed to go inside on the slant.
Old 09-20-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Again, this misses the point. It was a horrid read.

You don't make it in the NFL by forcing near impossible plays.

That play needed to go inside on the slant.
This was an awful game, I know. If you didnt notice, he was starring guys down all game long. When he looked at Witten, he was locked on. Same with Roy and that deep ball to Hurd.

I dont know if the thought of their rush got in his head or what, but he was just terrible all night long. But this isnt the QB we see more times than not. But obviously this has to stop.

You're crazy if you think his job is in jeopardy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-20-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Look this is the NFL, you can not ask a team to abandon any one phase of the game to make up for flakey QB play.

A QB needs to be able to do the basics like throw conservative passes in the flats and underneath the zone.

We ran the ball fine. Problem is we only had 58 plays and were playing from behind most of the night..
Old 09-21-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We outplayed you guys in every aspect of the game. Difference being we turned the ball over and you guys capitalized. You guys get the credit of the win but that is all. I guess I felt like just like in the playoffs "we should have won"...however that is a common recurrence with this Cowboys team.
That's a common recuurence with all Giants opponents. Everyone always feel they outplayed us yet we always come out the win. Even with all our injuries tonight and then Tuck we still took the game. You didn't play that well considering you couldn't stop us when it mattered. Our WR corps is supposed to be mediocre but your secondary still couldnt stop it. I don't know I just think I'm sick of all the "we played better but still lost" talk.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Look this is the NFL, you can not ask a team to abandon any one phase of the game to make up for flakey QB play.

A QB needs to be able to do the basics like throw conservative passes in the flats and underneath the zone.

We ran the ball fine. Problem is we only had 58 plays and were playing from behind most of the night..
You mean like the thousand times Garrett abandoned the run last year? Come on now. Garrett is pass happy. And no, we werent exactly playing from behind most of the night. And a 3 or 7 point difference with plenty of time left, should in no way make you forget about the run. Garrett always gets ancy playing from behind and passes too much. This hasnt changed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
This was an awful game, I know. If you didnt notice, he was starring guys down all game long. When he looked at Witten, he was locked on. Same with Roy and that deep ball to Hurd.

I dont know if the thought of their rush got in his head or what, but he was just terrible all night long. But this isnt the QB we see more times than not. But obviously this has to stop.

You're crazy if you think his job is in jeopardy.
Oh, I don't think it is in jeopardy. Our Owner is too invested ego wise and our Head Coach is a weakingling.

But fact is his job SHOULD BE PULLED and given to the back-up.

At least for a week were maybe he can sit on the sideline and remember what exactly he needs to do so that he is not a LOSER for the rest of his life.

I am telling you. Maybe he is high or aloof or just doesn't care but what I saw was a QB making bad decision after bad decision with poor read all night.

A continuation of last year.
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
That's a common recuurence with all Giants opponents. Everyone always feel they outplayed us yet we always come out the win. Even with all our injuries tonight and then Tuck we still took the game. You didn't play that well considering you couldn't stop us when it mattered. Our WR corps is supposed to be mediocre but your secondary still couldnt stop it. I don't know I just think I'm sick of all the "we played better but still lost" talk.
if it makes you feel any better I'd rather be on your side of the spectrum.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 09-21-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
You mean like the thousand times Garrett abandoned the run last year? Come on now. Garrett is pass happy. And no, we werent exactly playing from behind most of the night. And a 3 or 7 point difference with plenty of time left, should in no way make you forget about the run. Garrett always gets ancy playing from behind and passes too much. This hasnt changed.
I was the first to kill Garrett about running more last year. FIRST. Even in 2007.

But tonite, tonite was all Romo because even with a great running game he could not find the single coverage, he was throwing up ducks and simply sucked.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
if it makes you feel any better I'd rather be on your side of the spectrum.
I'm actually not trying to rub it in but no one gives credit to us ever. I mean Smith and Manningham go for 20 catches, 2 TD's, and 284 yards yet we won't hear anything about it. I guess you're right though at least we have the W.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-21-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Jerry won't tolerate this mediocrity in his palace much longer.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
I'm actually not trying to rub it in but no one gives credit to us ever. I mean Smith and Manningham go for 20 catches, 2 TD's, and 284 yards yet we won't hear anything about it. I guess you're right though at least we have the W.
If your guys can do that against any other team, then I will give it to you.

But fact is you did it against a poorly coached team with undisciplined players.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
I was the first to kill Garrett about running more last year. FIRST. Even in 2007.

But tonite, tonite was all Romo because even with a great running game he could not find the single coverage, he was throwing up ducks and simply sucked.
ugh. We can probably go all night on this one. So, I'm going to respectivley pull the plug on it. I made my point, you have to stick with what is working. You keep running it right down their throats, until they prove they can stop it. They want to stack the box? Play action them to hell. Garrett could have done a much better job. If we run more, this game may not even have been close.

I'm glad the running game looked fantastic, run blocking was amazing. Even the plays themselves were very good play calls. But he should have never let up on it. Not with an average yards per carry like that. All running more would have done is helped us, and even opened up more things for an off Romo, if they chose to stack the box or creep up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-21-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
Jerry won't tolerate this mediocrity in his palace much longer.
Jerrah personifies football mediocrity because he always allows "his boys" to get away with it.

Jimmy Johnson would be cutting someone right now after this game.

Parcells would be ripping them an ahole.

What is Jerry going to do? Bring them Kleenex? Get Wade to "take responsibility?"

Same old Cowboys. Talented enough to get ya thinking but soft as a Softee in the Texas heat.
Old 09-21-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
you have to stick with what is working.....
We did and we scored lost of points.

You have to be able to trust your 29 year-old QB will not make those types of decisions over and over and over and over again.

I swear, I think Romo has more INT/Fumble for TD of any QB since 2007.