Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-25-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Why would you allow an obvious troll who has already been banned 10x and yet keeps coming back under different aliases--a violation of your own forum rules--to continually harass a bunch of guys who simply want to talk about their team in peace?

I guess we all have our reasons for what we do.
I am talking about the team in peace. You are the one who keeps attacking me personally.

Troll, look in the mirror.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 09-25-2009 at 02:39 PM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
This right here. I never understood what that was about either.
A pile-on troll. At least DMW is a leader-type troll.

Rest assured Modano and Pocket can't be far behind either with their hysterical personal assaults ........
Old 09-25-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post

Rest assured Modano and Pocket can't be far behind either with their hysterical personal assaults ........

Did I bother you recently? No. The one who personal assaulted me with multiple accounts and with a lot of crap about my private life, level of studies etc was you.
I'm not bothering you, so leave me out of this stuff. Thanks.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:

As I said. Ironic and coincidental isn't it.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 09-25-2009 at 03:57 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post

Did I bother you recently? No. The one who personal assaulted me with multiple accounts and with a lot of crap about my private life, level of studies etc was you.
I'm not bothering you, so leave me out of this stuff. Thanks.

Yes, leave me out of it too. You have been on ignore for awhile now. I wont say more because big brother is watching.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As I said. Ironic and coincidental isn't it.
Awww.... Look at who's acting all innocent. Cute.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:59 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alright everyone, stop getting off topic. Next off topic post gets an infraction, I don't care if it's rob or someone else. There's a time and a place to discuss everything. Your petty rivalries do not belong in this thread.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, I never did get around to rewatching that 2nd half of the Cowboys game. Good thing too. Probably too painful. ha.

But as far as the offense went in the first half I noticed a few things.

1. Patrick Crayton absolutely sucks at blocking, but the thing that disappoints me is his lack of effort. If the effort was there, I'd be less harsh, but when he didn't get the ball.... he didn't block... whether it was a run or pass. Idiot.

2. Tony Romo missed an easy opportunity to run for a first down on a 3rd and short conversion. Instead he opted to pass the ball downfield and it went incomplete. I think the original Tony would've ran for it. You always gotta take the guarantee.

3. Kosier has to improve his blocking on run draws.

4. Roy needs to be involved more.

5. It was interesting seeing Columbo line up at LT at times.

6. Loved seeing Bennett/Barber lined up wide.

7. Flozell and his perfectly timed penalties keep killing us.

8. I haven't seen run blocking like that since the Emmitt days. Sure was nice.

9. Witten missed some blocking assignments... allowed Kiwi to get across the field to tackle Barber on one TFL.

10. Bennett is a monster who fights for every yard. He's MB3 at TE. :)
Old 09-25-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well, I never did get around to rewatching that 2nd half of the Cowboys game. Good thing too. Probably too painful. ha.

But as far as the offense went in the first half I noticed a few things.

1. Patrick Crayton absolutely sucks at blocking, but the thing that disappoints me is his lack of effort. If the effort was there, I'd be less harsh, but when he didn't get the ball.... he didn't block... whether it was a run or pass. Idiot.

2. Tony Romo missed an easy opportunity to run for a first down on a 3rd and short conversion. Instead he opted to pass the ball downfield and it went incomplete. I think the original Tony would've ran for it. You always gotta take the guarantee.

3. Kosier has to improve his blocking on run draws.

4. Roy needs to be involved more.

5. It was interesting seeing Columbo line up at LT at times.

6. Loved seeing Bennett/Barber lined up wide.

7. Flozell and his perfectly timed penalties keep killing us.

8. I haven't seen run blocking like that since the Emmitt days. Sure was nice.

9. Witten missed some blocking assignments... allowed Kiwi to get across the field to tackle Barber on one TFL.

10. Bennett is a monster who fights for every yard. He's MB3 at TE. :)
1. Crayton is interesting to me because he went from late round pick from a small school, to under-performing big mouth seemingly overnight. He obviously has the skills, he turned himself into an NFL quality WR. Probably not a #1, but it's an amazing accomplishment regardless. But he has clearly let the spotlight get to his head.

2. Another example of someone's head not being right. Clearly his instincts were just off that night. And Romo lives off his instincts for better or worse.

3, 5, 7, 8. I thought Kosier looked pretty good, and I'm not sure he was the obvious weak spot in this game. Really, the line did a good job. We ran all over them, and Tony had plenty of time on enough throws. You literally can't ask for anything else. Yeah Flo had that stupid penalty and looked like a complete amateur. But overall? Awesome job, IMO. Also I didn't notice the Columbo to LT shifts, what kind of plays were called in these situations?

4. Credit to Corey Webster. The other thing is, I think Garrett game planned around attacking the depth of the corners. There was no reason to challenge Corey Webster, everyone else was either hurt or a scrub.

10. Yeah Bennett won me over this game. I'm on the bandwagon hard now.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrell Thomas isn't really a scrub. Not even close.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Just making note. Not saying the the OL had a weak link or did bad. I thought they did really GREAT overall.
Old 09-26-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I saw the game again yesterday.. they showed it on ESPN America as the "game of the week"... speaking about Roy, he's a great run blocker.. once he puts his hands on the opposite corner he pushes him downfield.. I agree that we need to use him more, way more.. let's use it like we did with TO... slant routes so he can take advantage of his huge size and gain yards after catch..
Pass defense was sooo poor.. almost everyone of Eli's passes was a completion.. Our corners got beat over and over again... I think our safeties did a very good job in run supporting but Hamlin needs to be more aggressive in the passing game.. he has the skills to make some nice plays on the ball..
I just noticed that also Tennessee, who has a great secondary, got destroyed through the air..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
I am here to tell you, you don't need to tell us to worry about our team. You know, the one that was injured. We dominated the Skins as well, I was there. Don't you worry 'bout us. We'll be fine. Our run game and D are our teams strengths that just need to get going. The arial attack is just gonna make us dangerous down the road.

what part of Canty and Tuck being injured don't you understand? That and Boley's first game, I expected some rust.

And Johnson's banged up and looked stiff out there
As I said, you have problems on D.
Old 10-18-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
As I said, you have problems on D.
so, you bring up a post from 4 weeks ago to prove a point? you do realize we faced possibly the best O in the league and were missing 4 of our starters on D right? nah, that's cool.

shall I bring up a post from like June to show why you guys had to go to OT against the chiefs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:06 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
so, you bring up a post from 4 weeks ago to prove a point? you do realize we faced possibly the best O in the league and were missing 4 of our starters on D right? nah, that's cool.

shall I bring up a post from like June to show why you guys had to go to OT against the chiefs?
We stink. I know that. I don't have pretenses to rooting for the "Best Team in Football" unlike Giants fans.

Hearing guys like Mike Francesa and the other GMen mans -- apoplectic to say the least right now -- all I hear was how great the team was. Personally, all I have seen this year is a team is with a better passing game and that is it. Everything is else is worse so far.

NO did not surprise me, Cowboys turn-overed the ball 4 times, still scored 31, and still had a lead with 2 minutes to go. NO simply went out and spanked a mediocre GMen D and played crisply. Cowboys (Romo) play remotely crisped and we would have spotted 42.

For all the talk about the D line, et al, there is something wrong. I don't know if it is the D Coordinator but they are not playing well when "pressed" by other teams. Kind of like the Cowboys D..... slightest pressure and they are all over the place.

They can definitely turn it around but I thin their 5-0 was a mirage. Lots of coaching to be done in the Meadowlands.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 10-19-2009 at 09:08 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 10:19 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
I am here to tell you, you don't need to tell us to worry about our team. You know, the one that was injured. We dominated the Skins as well, I was there. Don't you worry 'bout us. We'll be fine. Our run game and D are our teams strengths that just need to get going. The arial attack is just gonna make us dangerous down the road.

what part of Canty and Tuck being injured don't you understand? That and Boley's first game, I expected some rust.

And Johnson's banged up and looked stiff out there
Ahem. GMen looking tight for the game in the Meadowlands..