Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > New York Giants Team Forum

New York Giants Team Forum Discuss the G-Men

Old 04-02-2007, 08:09 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default New York Yankees

Discuss the New York Yankees. The Giants are now officially associated with the Yankees, the way it should be. The Mets can be associated with that other team who rents out Giants stadium.
Old 04-02-2007, 08:32 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

The Yankees lineup is as scary as ever, but I'd be really worried about the pitching.

Looking forward to another great year in our awesome rivalry. Being involved in Sox/Yankees is unlike anything else in sports. \m/
Old 04-02-2007, 08:49 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We do have someone who has been to an All Star game in the lineup 1-8. And we could have someone who has hit 20 HRs in 120 games coming back to that form in the 9th spot with Phelps. I honestly think this is the best Yankees team in the last 5 years. I can't stress how much better Abreu fits in this team than Sheffield. Not even because of Sheff's attitude. More because Abreu is a perfect 3 hitter with his OPB. The Yankees of the late 90's would walk their way to the championship.

As for the pitching, if they are healthy, the staff is better than last year. Thats all I can ask. The bullpen is as well. And on top of that there are plenty of guys in AAA who could come in an contribute in the bullpen as well as starting staff. Mostly because of some smart trades made by Cashman these last two years.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:13 AM    (permalink
GiantRutgersFan
Veteran

GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GiantRutgersFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea, I think the Yanks have a great shot if we can stay healthy.
Old 04-02-2007, 09:22 AM    (permalink
OSUGiants17
All-NFLDC

Location: Richard Sherman: Trolling uptight white people since 2011
OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OSUGiants17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersFan View Post
Yea, I think the Yanks have a great shot if we can stay healthy.
I aggree but we have a great farm system(Hughes,Karstins, Rasner, Sanchez, Tabata, Melkey i know he isn't in the farm system but he will play for injured OF & the same goes for Philips) so if the injuries aren't all bunched up we will do fine.
________
I INHALE VAPORIZER REVIEWS

Last edited by OSUGiants17 : 05-10-2011 at 07:33 PM.
OSUGiants17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Jay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairJay is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hughes is going to be a good one. It's too bad he grew up a Red Sox fan...
Old 04-02-2007, 10:13 AM    (permalink
LTgiants
All-NFLDC

LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LTgiants is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

mets rule screw u jughead
Old 04-02-2007, 10:29 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Hughes is going to be a good one. It's too bad he grew up a Red Sox fan...
Why is that again. Cause his father grew up in Mass? I know he was born in Georgia and raised in Cali so it is peculiar he grew up a Sox fan.
Old 04-02-2007, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTgiants View Post
mets rule screw u jughead
Since when do they rule. Certainly not since you were born.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:36 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Skipping classes today for opening day =D
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:37 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damix View Post
Skipping classes today for opening day =D
I'm taking lunch an hour later. So I can go to the bar down the street and at least catch the first hour. The rest I'll have to follow on ESPN's updating thing.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:40 AM    (permalink
Damix
All-Pro

Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Damix is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10 View Post
I'm taking lunch an hour later. So I can go to the bar down the street and at least catch the first hour. The rest I'll have to follow on ESPN's updating thing.
Ahh, it actually worked out, I had nothing to do today in class
Damix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:43 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

My Easter break has already started, so, yay for me.

I've got a bad feeling about Pavano today.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:45 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
My Easter break has already started, so, yay for me.

I've got a bad feeling about Pavano today.
I'm not so much worried about him as I am Kazmir. The one thing about our lineup that isn't so hot is there are too many lefties.

Last edited by Jughead10 : 04-02-2007 at 11:49 AM.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 11:50 AM    (permalink
ny10804
All-Pro

ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.ny10804 is a cocksman.

Yea, every time Kazmir pitches against us he has a good game, pretty much. Was it Mussina who he had that awesome duel with last year? IIRC we ended up losing.

As long was we can get him out of the game by the 6th inning, we'll be good. That's why I love Abreu, Giambi, Damon, and Jeter -- they take so many pitchers per at bat = early exit for the SP.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ny10804 View Post
As long was we can get him out of the game by the 6th inning, we'll be good. That's why I love Abreu, Giambi, Damon, and Jeter -- they take so many pitchers per at bat = early exit for the SP.
Melky does the same as well, when he gets to play. Abreu sees the most pitches in the majors I think. And he is a walking machine. This team is built more like the Yankees of the late 90's. Batters will see a lot of pitches and take the walk. Then the Yanks can beat on the bullpens. Anyway, Im out. I gotta leave now to make sure I get a spot at the bar for the game.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Jay
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Why is that again. Cause his father grew up in Mass? I know he was born in Georgia and raised in Cali so it is peculiar he grew up a Sox fan.
No idea, just going off the stories I've read.

Didn't take long for ARod to get booed.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is there any chance this thread can be moved elsewhere? I mean, after all, not all Giants fans are inherently Yankees fans, nor are all Yankees fans inherently Giants fans.

Not to mention this is the Giants Team Forum, and I'm not quite sure why baseball would be thrown into the fray with football.

Sorry if I sound like I'm whining and complaining about this, just seems like it'd be better suited in perhaps a whole new thread like, "Other Sports" or something.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:17 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Actually if any team would be associated with the Giants it would be the Yankees. Steinbrenner has always had a long relationship with the Mara family.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:30 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Classic Yankees today. Making Kazmir work.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Actually if any team would be associated with the Giants it would be the Yankees. Steinbrenner has always had a long relationship with the Mara family.
Indeed. However, what I meant to say was, there may be people who dislike the Yankees or Mets for that matter (I don't happen to be one of them), who'd rather see it on another forum rather than the Giants Team Board.

It just seems odd to have people talking about the Yankees and Mets on an inherently football site, not to mention a place designated solely for New York Giants discussion. Thought it was the point of making this Team Discussion area.

Of course, I may be wrong. It's just my opinion.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Indeed. However, what I meant to say was, there may be people who dislike the Yankees or Mets for that matter (I don't happen to be one of them), who'd rather see it on another forum rather than the Giants Team Board.

It just seems odd to have people talking about the Yankees and Mets on an inherently football site, not to mention a place designated solely for New York Giants discussion. Thought it was the point of making this Team Discussion area.

Of course, I may be wrong. It's just my opinion.
Well this seems to the course the site was taking. Brewers thread in Green Bay forum, Sox in Patriots forum, etc. It is better than having them in the off topic section.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:47 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Aye, I agree with that, and I guess with out a whole new "Other Sports" area, it somewhat narrows it down to this or the Off-Topic section.

However, the Mets forum should be allowed even though I'm not really a Mets fan. I would much rather jump off the Brooklyn Bridge than go into the Jets forums to say anything about the mets as a Giants fan.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:49 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The idea of "Other Sports" forum is a very good one. Unfortunately, it's unlikely.
MaxV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV View Post
The idea of "Other Sports" forum is a very good one. Unfortunately, it's unlikely.
I agree. I wouldn't mind that. It's annoying to have one giant NHL discussion with many topics being discussed randomly within.