Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > NFC East Division Forum

NFC East Division Forum Discuss the NFC East

View Poll Results: Best NFC East DB?
Asante Samuel, CB, Philadelphia 28 37.33%
Corey Webster, CB, New York 24 32.00%
Sheldon Brown, CB, Philadelphia 14 18.67%
Carlos Rogers, CB, Washington 1 1.33%
Other (please indicate who) 8 10.67%
Voters: 75. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-23-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Best DB in the NFC East?

Who is it?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey Webster.

...and Newman having one bad doesn't make him a terrible player.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Hurricanes25
All-Pro

Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hurricanes25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Corey Webster. I think he is a top 5 CB in the league.

Sig by BoneKrusher
Hurricanes25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going Webster also. Call me a homer but since the Buffalo game in '07 he's totally shutdown everyone. Brown is a close 2nd.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted other, Quentin Mikell. I say Brown is a better overall corner than Asante though...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I decided upon Asante Samuel just because he is the most exciting to watch, is one of the best CB in playoff history, is probably the best zone corner in the NFL and he did really well last season. Plus, he is by far the most vocal leader of the group. Plus, I just like him the best and I decided to let the homer in me have this one.

Corey Webster and Sheldon Brown are better in man coverage though.

Last edited by Thumper : 09-23-2009 at 11:17 PM.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Corey Webster is no longer underrated, so you can stop that talk Giants fans. ;)
Old 09-24-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
DiG
Dirty Thirty
All-Pro

DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DiG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

much as id love to vote for rogers, webster has been very impressive. full body of work ill take asante but right now web is playing great.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I wanted Roy to make Webster look silly on Sunday, but he only did it once. Romo didn't target him too many times though. Gotta credit that to Webster.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:52 AM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys don't think Landry is that caliber yet? I know he is a very good player and a great talent but you get to watch him more than I do.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Vito View Post
You guys don't think Landry is that caliber yet? I know he is a very good player and a great talent but you get to watch him more than I do.
He doesn't get to make as much of an impact due to his role in the Skins D, and thus, doesn't get the attention he probably should... Defintiely one of the top "other" choices, IMO.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:42 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry has really failed to impress me. I mean look what he did in college, he was a monster and now look at him in the pros... Landry is stuck with the same problem Taylor Mays is, the coaching staff does not implement them in a fashion where they're going to be able stop the run and be an imposing force the way they could be. Both of them have potential to be off the charts good but they're not used in a way that it highlights their best skills.

If either of them were in the Eagles FS spot where the FS is an attacker like Dawkins was they would be consensus all pros. But... we don't have any evidence to support that. And since Landry plays center field he doesn't get to show off his physical style and blitzing ability. And since all we have to compare him to are other center fielders are Ed Reed, Michael Griffin and others Landry is clearly not the best FS in the league. In terms of physical talent he might be #1 since Sean Taylor left us (RIP) but in terms of on the field impact he is probably not even top 10.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted for Corey but seeing Asante with more votes than Sheldon Brown is wrong. And Laron Landry definitely needs to be an option as he's the third best DB in the East, at least IMO.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
FUNBUNCHER
All-Pro

FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FUNBUNCHER is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry is having a down year thus far. Lots of missed tackles and bad angles to the ball carrier. He lacks great ball instincts and too often goes for the knockout hit instead of the solid tackle.

Playing the 'angel' position for the Skins doesn't help, but he has been given more of a role in the run game this year and he hasn't flashed.
Horton right now is the best safety playing for the Skins, IMO.
FUNBUNCHER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I voted for Corey but seeing Asante with more votes than Sheldon Brown is wrong. And Laron Landry definitely needs to be an option as he's the third best DB in the East, at least IMO.
I strongly disagree. From what I have seen of him I wouldn't even say he is outperforming Chris Horton, let alone most of the DBs in the east.
Old 10-01-2009, 02:16 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I strongly disagree. From what I have seen of him I wouldn't even say he is outperforming Chris Horton, let alone most of the DBs in the east.
Are we talking about this season or his career so far? He's clearly having a down season but I think that is an anomaly and he'll bounce back to the guy he was last year, and if he does that I think he's clearly the number 3 DB in the east.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 10-01-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Are we talking about this season or his career so far? He's clearly having a down season but I think that is an anomaly and he'll bounce back to the guy he was last year, and if he does that I think he's clearly the number 3 DB in the east.
If we're going by last year I'd still take Quintin Mikell and Asante Samuel over him.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:39 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
If we're going by last year I'd still take Quintin Mikell and Asante Samuel over him.
Well, that's like, your opinion man.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-01-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Webster is quickly becoming one of the best defensive players in the game, let alone DB.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Quote:
Well, that's like, your opinion man.
Never said it wasn't. I think that's pretty much implied in 95% of the posts on this forum.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:13 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Horton was named as one of the backups now by the way.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
Toneloc498
Rookie

Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.

Going with Webster, he has had 12 passes tossed his way, 3 completions for 22 yards (Roy Williams 18 yard catch, S Moss -2 yard catch, S Moss 6 yard catch) and has gotten 1 interception. Last year he had one of if not the best stats of any cornerback in the NFL.
Toneloc498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Chris Horton was named as one of the backups now by the way.
He's still better than Landry though.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2009, 08:49 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's been a bad year for Landry.

With Kenny Phillips going on IR, I think Mikell has solidified himself as the best safety in the division this year.
Old 10-12-2009, 09:30 AM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Landry really has never come close to reaching his potential. He's never been bad but he's just the same. He won't ever get beat deep, he'll hit you down the middle but he doesn't make great breaks on the ball and he can't and never has been able to tackle worth a crap. He just launches his body to the point that a 170 pound receiver could bounce off of him let alone a RB. Chris Horton really has been the 2nd best player on our defense this year. He's one of the surest tackling DB's in the league, he's a playmaker and is solid in coverage. His benching was all politics. Greg Blache was feeling heat for the play of our defense so his cop out was Chris Horton. It's so easy to put the blame on a guy making less that 500k a year instead of blaming the high paid pssies like Deangelo Hall or the franchise safety in LaRon Landry.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote