Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-24-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default tjsunstein's Week 2 Power Rankings.

It's a little later in the week but better late than never.

Link to week one power rankings:
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=35406

1. New York Giants (2) - The most complete team in football right now. Eli is developing chemistry with his young WRs by the second. Steve Smith and Mario Manningham each with 10 receptions last week.

2. Pittsburgh Steelers (1) - Despite the loss to Chicago and lack of a running game, I still have them as the second best team in football. They were in a position to win the game last week so I can't drop them too much with their track record.

3. Baltimore Ravens (8) - No doubt the hottest team in the NFL right now. The offense is clicking and the defense led by Ray Lewis stepped up when it mattered most.

4. Atlanta Falcons (4) - I'm giving them the same treatment that the AP is giving Penn State. I gave them a generous ranking to start the season and they haven't done anything to lose it. They play the Patriots in Foxboro and that will decide their true standing in the NFL.

5. Indianpolis Colts (7) - Despite not having their #2 reciever and having the ball for less than a quarter, the Peyton Mannings, err, Colts managed to pull it off. Just how good is Peyton?

6. Minnesota Vikings (10) - Is it true that Brett Favre can be a game manager? Well, I think anyone can be a game manager with Adrian Peterson behind you. The best back in the league by far. I'm a little skeptical that Peterson can maintain this throughout the season without getting a little banged out but as long as he is healthy, the Vikes are in good position.

7. New Orleans Saints (13) - Drews Brees and that Saints offense does it again. This time, against an impressive defense from a week ago. Drew Brees may be the most important player to his team in the NFL, maybe more so than Peterson and Peyton.

8. New England Patriots (3) - The Brady Bunch was taken down by the talkative Jets but I still have them above them simply because of what the Patriots are capable of. It's still early but with another unimpressive showing, the Patriots could drop a bit more.

9. New York Jets (14) - Rex Ryan continues to make a name for these Jets. They will blitz you and they will try to run it down your throat. The AFC East looks like a two horse race right now and the two frontrunners continue to talk back and forth. Should be interesting how the rookie QB leads his team for weeks to come.

10. San Diego Chargers (6) - I blame the loss on poor play call. Then again, the same play was a winner against the then tough Raiders. It's going to be tough to get over the loss at home against a potential playoff opponent.

11. Philadelphia Eagles (5) - Forget that McNabb wasn't in the gane last Sunday and Westbrook has a sprain on the same ankle he had surgery on this offseason. Where was the defense that looked so impressive week 1?

12. Chicago Bears (16) - Jay Cutler looked like a different quarterback against the Steelers leading his team to a victory capitalizing off of a missed FG. Good defensive showing without Mr. Urlacher.

13. Tennessee Titans (9) - That secondary has some serious question marks. Chris Johnson said he wanted more touches and he shows what he can do. I expect Johnson to become an even bigger piece of that offense until they can get something consistently going elsewhere.

14. Green Bay Packers (11) - Have you ever seen a team more effected by the play of their offensive line? Clifton out atleast two weeks and that mean 3 offensive lineman will have to shift along the front line. Antwan Odom dominated the left side a week after Ogunleye had his way on the opposite side.

15. Arizona Cardinals (17) - Warner bounced back with a record setting day. This season looks like it hinges on the health of the WRs. I have them on upset watch going into Indianapolis if they'e going to re-establish themselves early.

16. Dallas Cowboys (12) - The turnovers by Romo really fueled the Giants victory. They also let up too many critical receptions by the young duo at WR. Not to take any credit away from little Manning but the Cowboys are very prone to big plays.

17. San Francisco 49ers (21) - Shaun Hill doesn't get the credit he deserves outside of the home fans but it's time to recognize his success. He's now 9-3 as the starter. College quarterbacks are praised for their intangibles and winning ways, so why can't Shaun Hill get the same praise?

18. Houston Texans (18) - The Texans came out a different team than what they displayed againt the Jets. Houston had high expectations coming into the season and delivered against Tennessee. Yet, people are hesitant to jump back on the bandwagon. I'm counted with those that are hesitant.

19. Miami Dolphins (19) - Controlled the game for what seemed like 59 minutes but came out weak on what was supposed to be a two minute drill. Lack the big play threat that they need to complete this offense.

20. Buffalo Bills (22) - Edwards impressed me if no one else. The Bills have kept defenses off balance the last two weeks with a Trent Edwards led attack.

21. Oakland Raiders (23) - Overcame the huge disadvantage of having Jamarcus as QB and took advantage of some KC miscues to win a game they probably have shouldn't. That's why they play the game, though.

22. Seattle Seahawks (15) - Could be a repeat of last season if Matt Hasselbeck isn't better anytime soon.

23. Cincinnatti Bengals (30) - Pulled out a sloppy victory at Lambeau and Chad followed up on his leap promise. The question now becomes, Is this team for real or were they beneficiaries of an awful Packers O-line? Antwan Odom put up DPOY stats.

24. Carolina Panthers (26) - An embarrassing loss to the Eagles week one and a divisional loss following it. I can't find a bright spot about this team.

25. Washington Redskins (20) - A win is a win and they were blessed with the Lions the week after the Rams. Chris Cooley again looks like their biggest threat through the air. Campbell's stats aren't as bad as his play.

26. Jacksonville Jaguars (24) - About those playmakers...? Maurice Jones-Drew needs help all around him. He's making the most of nothing down there.

27. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (25) - The offense looked very capable against the Cowboys but the defense was again owned this time by the Bills no huddle to the tune of 438 yards.

28. Denver Broncos (28) - The least impressive 2-0 team in the history of the NFL.

29. Kansas City Chiefs (27) - A young team that still has some maturing to do. Can't finish games. Evident by the loss to the Raiders and Ravens both coming off of 4th quarter meltdowns.

30. Cleveland Browns (29) - They aren't even in these games. Phycially, mentally, on the scoreboard, no where.

31. St. Louis Rams (31) - What is there to say about this team? The offense can't do anything.

32. Detroit Lions (32) - Beat someone!

Last edited by tjsunstein : 09-24-2009 at 02:10 PM.
tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nice movement by the Niners.

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No credit given to the Broncos? I'd say they're a top 20 team. A repeat performance of last season's record (8-8) is within sight, and so is a division title.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 619 View Post
No credit given to the Broncos? I'd say they're a top 20 team. A repeat performance of last season's record (8-8) is within sight, and so is a division title.
I can't find it in me to rank the Broncos above any of the teams ranked higher. The highest I would go would be 26 I think. Depending on the nature of the game this weekend against your Raiders then we can determine where they should be but until they play (and beat) a team that didn't pick in the top 10 (or was supposed to [Browns before they traded their pick to the Jets]) a year ago, I can't give them much credit.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:32 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The 49ers beat Arizona in their house yet you put them ahead of the 49ers. Why?

And Minnesota ahead of New Orleans?

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ness View Post
The 49ers beat Arizona in their house yet you put them ahead of the 49ers. Why?

And Minnesota ahead of New Orleans?
It was week one and the Cardinals were without Breaston and Boldin wasn't even close to 100%. I also combined the expectations heading into this season with performance this far as well as potential. I still believe the Cardinals are a better football team than the 49ers 9 out of every 10 times out.

Keep the Saints offense off of the field and you can beat them. I feel like the Vikings are very capable of that and are much stronger on the defensive side of the ball. That became the deciding factor between those two, if they were to play, who do I think would win? They can be interchanged depending on who you ask.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The most complete team in football allowed 250 yards rushing last week.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
they're also banged up, especially along the defensive line. thanks for playing though. we get it, you dislike the giants, cool.

that being said, we looked like crap and are injured all on D. It'll be interesting and while I love being at #1, I'm not sure we're the best at this point in time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
they're also banged up, especially along the defensive line. thanks for playing though. we get it, you dislike the giants, cool.

that being said, we looked like crap and are injured all on D. It'll be interesting and while I love being at #1, I'm not sure we're the best at this point in time.
Lol why do you get all offended when i point something out? You were a last second FG away from losing, and like you said, your injuries are piling up. All that is taken into account, well at least for me, when right now someone is saying you're the most complete team in football. You aren't. You couldn't run the ball, and you got the run shoved down your throat.

Giants are in my top 5ish, but i'd take the Ravens #1 right now. It's kinda hard to argue against any other team at the moment when everyone looks good one week then loses the next. Jets would be in my top five though.
Old 09-24-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Quote:

These are both true but of the teams that could be atop the list and crowned best team in the NFL right now, I think the Giants have the most fixable flaw. I'm not ready to give the Ravens the throne like ESPN and the Steelers loss knocks them down from the top spot although in my mind they are still elite as the Falcons have yet to convince anyone they should be up there, especially MetSox, and everyone from there down having some questionables.

Old 09-24-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd have the Falcons and Ravens ahead of the Giants right now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

I'm still not sold on the Falcons, you're right. This week is gonna be my week of either jumping on the bandwagon or finally having some justifiable proof to show everyone that i was right. I'll gladly admit if i was wrong though.

If they can force the Patriots to back to back losses (some might even say their third straight), i'll make them one of my favorites in the NFC. I wanna see what that defense does when they finally meet a REAL offense.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:02 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Lol why do you get all offended when i point something out? You were a last second FG away from losing, and like you said, your injuries are piling up. All that is taken into account, well at least for me, when right now someone is saying you're the most complete team in football. You aren't. You couldn't run the ball, and you got the run shoved down your throat.

Giants are in my top 5ish, but i'd take the Ravens #1 right now. It's kinda hard to argue against any other team at the moment when everyone looks good one week then loses the next. Jets would be in my top five though.
offended? it's the internet, i don't get offended over this ****, i was just pointing it out.

but i agree, Ravens are #1 right now.

BUT, I will say this, coming into the year, run O and run D were the Giants biggest strenghts. Now they're our weak points early in the season, which is fine, because I know they can get on track, and we're shaking off some rust and need to get into our rythym.

however losing Phillips makes me wanna cry so bad.
Quote:
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
These are both true but of the teams that could be atop the list and crowned best team in the NFL right now, I think the Giants have the most fixable flaw. I'm not ready to give the Ravens the throne like ESPN and the Steelers loss knocks them down from the top spot although in my mind they are still elite as the Falcons have yet to convince anyone they should be up there, especially MetSox, and everyone from there down having some questionables.
love the way you worded it, couldn't have said it any better. Hopefully our guys will heal up soon and we'll get our running game on both sides back to par, or even where we expected them to be, at dominant levels.
Quote:
Old 09-24-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Diehard
Veteran

Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Diehard is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't find it in me to rank the Broncos above any of the teams ranked higher. The highest I would go would be 26 I think.
That doesn't make a lot of sense. There's no clear reason the Broncos should be ranked lower than the Raiders... other than the fact that bashing the Broncos has been a popular offseason pasttime.

Btw, I noticed you picked Cleveland to beat Denver, which speaks volumes about your perspective. Thankfully, we're not as badly off as you think / would like.
Diehard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
I'm still not sold on the Falcons, you're right. This week is gonna be my week of either jumping on the bandwagon or finally having some justifiable proof to show everyone that i was right. I'll gladly admit if i was wrong though.

If they can force the Patriots to back to back losses (some might even say their third straight), i'll make them one of my favorites in the NFC. I wanna see what that defense does when they finally meet a REAL offense.
Regarding the Falcons, I think if they even play a tough game against the Patriots then their ranking should be justified being the circumstances. A loss to a division rival on the road and now coming home, you would have to think that the Brady Bunch is going to put forth their best effort. The Patriots haven't lost back to back games since Week 9-10 of 2006. Of course the Falcons would drop a little lower in the top 10 but nothing drastic.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:15 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diehard View Post
That doesn't make a lot of sense. There's no clear reason the Broncos should be ranked lower than the Raiders... other than the fact that bashing the Broncos has been a popular offseason pasttime.

Btw, I noticed you picked Cleveland to beat Denver, which speaks volumes about your perspective. Thankfully, we're not as badly off as you think / would like.
When comes the time, I'll bump the Broncos up. We'll see what the Broncos are made of when they play Dallas, New England, San Diego, Baltimore, and Pittsburgh in consecutive weeks. Why waste my time moving them up now when they're going to fall back down? I'm not one for knee jerk reactions especially a miracle to beat the Bengals and a win against the Browns. It's week 2. A lot is to be proven by this team.

Old 09-24-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

because you're banged up doesn't excuse your d giving up 250 yards.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Giants are in big trouble right now. The only reason why we still have a chance at a good season is bc we have great depth.

Phillips is on IR, our CB core is still banged up, Tuck will be missing for a couple of weeks at least, our DT rotation is banged up. We are ridiculously injured right now on defense.

I personally find the Ravens to be overrated but thats just me. They might have the best oline in football this year though.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
because you're banged up doesn't excuse your d giving up 250 yards.
when you're best run stuffing DT is banged up and coming off surgery, your other starter is out and your best run stuffing DE leaves early, and it's week 2, I'll cut them a little slack. It's inexcusable, but it has some reason behind it.

that being said, dallas has one of the better run blocking OL's in the league as well. a combo of this was not good.
Quote:
Old 09-24-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

our injuries effected us, but if you look back at the tape, it was really terrible gap discipline that cost us that many yards.

particularly from Osi. that was the worst game Ive seen Osi ever have.

He by himself, could be blamed for 3 long runs which accounted for a good 120 yards on the ground.
Old 09-24-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
when you're best run stuffing DT is banged up and coming off surgery, your other starter is out and your best run stuffing DE leaves early, and it's week 2, I'll cut them a little slack. It's inexcusable, but it has some reason behind it.

that being said, dallas has one of the better run blocking OL's in the league as well. a combo of this was not good.
no excuses. but, they're just in luck facing: TB, KC, and Oakland.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
our injuries effected us, but if you look back at the tape, it was really terrible gap discipline that cost us that many yards.

particularly from Osi. that was the worst game Ive seen Osi ever have.

He by himself, could be blamed for 3 long runs which accounted for a good 120 yards on the ground.
indeed, so was Michael Johnson taking some of the worst angles I've ever seen.

and agreed aq, hooray for playing the AFC West and NFC South!
Quote:
Old 09-24-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
indeed, so was Michael Johnson taking some of the worst angles I've ever seen.

and agreed aq, hooray for playing the AFC West and NFC South!
Johnson at SS makes me want to puke. Now with Kenny on IR though, he moves back to FS. So he shouldn't be as bad in run support bc he won't be in that box anymore.

Long term though, we need a replacement for him.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
Ness
Icon

Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ness is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It was week one and the Cardinals were without Breaston and Boldin wasn't even close to 100%. I also combined the expectations heading into this season with performance this far as well as potential. I still believe the Cardinals are a better football team than the 49ers 9 out of every 10 times out.

Keep the Saints offense off of the field and you can beat them. I feel like the Vikings are very capable of that and are much stronger on the defensive side of the ball. That became the deciding factor between those two, if they were to play, who do I think would win? They can be interchanged depending on who you ask.
I don't see what it has to do with what week it was. Arizona played like garbage and that's that. Not having Breaston or Boldin not being 100% isn't going to decide their season. Fitzgerald was held in check and Warner was getting harassed the entire day by our defensive line.

Who have the Vikings beat? Detroit and Cleveland, two of the worst teams (if not the worst) in the NFL. The Saints are coming off of a great victory in Philadelphia and Drew Brees is off to the best start in his career. Meanwhile their defense is playing a lot better in terms of getting turnovers. Darren Sharper was obviously a great addition.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
-San Francisco 49ers: Five Time Super Bowl Champions-
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
Oh, my bad. Didn't realize SWDC was the pinnacle of class and grace.
Ness is offline   Reply With Quote