Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-25-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
They knew they wouldn't be able to use the bathrooms and walk around the stadium?

I somehow doubt that was mentioned when they bought the tickets.
Did his complaint say that? Where is this coming from?

From the Cowboys site, it said they would be able to walk around the concourses, see the screen from the railings, etc etc. We're talking $29 bucks. How screwed did he get? Was this the general opinion of all 30K fans or just a small fraction?

I wouldn't even doubt if "Mike" was a Giants fan who went to the game. LMAO. You don't know!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
OK Dalls fans defending this, you seem to be missing the point. D0Unit, you just said that you would have loved to be there. .. What if you were in a position where you could only afford those tickets? And you were denied entrance? With the excitement of being there, you'd sure as hell be pissed off, and if you say you wouldn't you are flat out lying...

Hooray for Jerry Jones, he set the attendance record at the cost (however minor or major is up to your intermretation) of 20,000 of those fans, or approximately 1/5th of the total attendance of that game...
How can I bet upset at being denied to something I didn't purchase the priviledge for?

If you go to a concert and pay to be in the front row are you gonna be pissed because you can't get backstage??? WTF?
Old 09-25-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
How can I bet upset at being denied to something I didn't purchase the priviledge for?

If you go to a concert and pay to be in the front row are you gonna be pissed because you can't get backstage??? WTF?
Try to put yourslef in his situation, that's what I am trying to say.

You are talking about something completely irrelevant with the concert.

You just said it in the earlier post, those tickets say you can go in the concourse and see the screen. If they weren't even allowed in, they could do none of that, so he got nothing that he paid for. Sure its 29 bucks for the ticket, then you have to include the cost of gas getting there, the parking, the food/drinks you may have brought, I'll bet that adds up to a total of around 100 bucks, if not more. Either way, he didn't get what he was promised, and that is wrong.

29 times 20K is $580,000. **** adds up.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

From the Cowboys site, it said they would be able to walk around the concourses, see the screen from the railings, etc etc. We're talking $29 bucks. How screwed did he get? Was this the general opinion of all 30K fans or just a small fraction?

I wouldn't even doubt if "Mike" was a Giants fan who went to the game. LMAO. You don't know!!!!
...it said it right in the article fans couldn't get bathroom access and to the stadium, so I'm not sure what you're asking.

Of course because it's a complaint about the Cowboys you KNOW it must have come from some Giants fan. Nice.

Do you really think the Cowboys would have contacted Ticketmaster about a refund situation if it was a couple of fans? Seems unlikely to me. Just as you can say you don't know if it's a few fans you can't say it's not a majority of them either.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:46 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
From the article linked and copied in the first post. Would you like to go back and read it so at least your opinion can be based on the same information from which everyone else is working?

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
Do you really think the Cowboys would have contacted Ticketmaster about a refund situation if it was a couple of fans? Seems unlikely to me. Just as you can say you don't know if it's a few fans you can't say it's not a majority of them either.
Bingo. The Cowboys organization has already made it clear that roughly 20,000 fans did not receive the experience they purchased.

Last edited by FlyingElvis : 09-25-2009 at 01:50 PM.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
Bingo. The Cowboys organization has already made it clear that roughly 20,000 fans did not receive the experience they purchased.
Nothing can break through the homerism barrier, not even these futile words!

Old 09-25-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like how they offered the money back OR comp party passes to another game. So basically, you can get your money back, or you can come back for another crappy experience and once again pay for parking and food and drinks.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borat View Post
I like how they offered the money back OR comp party passes to another game. So basically, you can get your money back, or you can come back for another crappy experience and once again pay for parking and food and drinks.
But they won't be trying to set an attendance record anymore, so they will only be giving out 10K of those tickets, so hopefully, they won't run in to this type of situation again...

Old 09-25-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
But they won't be trying to set an attendance record anymore, so they will only be giving out 10K of those tickets, so hopefully, they won't run in to this type of situation again...
either way they made moniessss, you loose only $580,000...maybe another 10,000 standing room tickets for they next game. Compared to the amount you made from the cheapest parking $40, and the gourmet food your paying for.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Alright... no bathrooms is pretty pathetic and I too would be pissed if I didn't get to do something as promised. But during the game they showed a boatload of people all over the concourses and railings watching the game. So what passes did they have? I can't buy one man's experience and chalk it up as the same thing everyone had. Sorry. I'm not that gullable.

Maybe this guy was a moron and was trying to go through the wrong entrance. I dunno. Sounds pathetic. I'm glad the Cowboys are offering refunds. It's all about class. ;)
Old 09-25-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** the money they spent.
They basically lost a whole sunday

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

The homers defending this defy logic.

2 things...

1. Who the F cares about the attendence record...its such a useless record. If the 49ers wanted to attencencde record or got the attendecnce record, I seriously wouldn't even think about it once or be happy about it in anyway. Its stupid and meaningless.

2. Its usually a pretty difficult bathroom situation at any normal stadium, so if they singled it out as a problem it must have been horrible. So a man taking his family of 4 to have a great night out had to struggle to get his kids into a bathroom, couldn't get them into the stadium (I'm sure his kids would have been crushed) and basically had a horrible time while dropping probably near $400 on food, parking and the tickets. Thats alot of money for the average family to be raped by Jerry Jones so he can have his useless record.

This is what Jerry thinks of the fans that are so loyal they will defend him even now...
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:09 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingElvis View Post
OT - the model at the bottom of the linked page is disgusting. Why the **** does the modeling world think emaciated is attractive?
Allow me to hazard a guess: b/c the modeling world that's p/o the fashion world is run of, by, & for *** men. They treat the runway models like cattle. Yet another reason to hate America's Top Model & all the other *** programs on Bravo.

I think the displeasure of the vast majority of Dallas fans with the play of their team on the field Monday Night is > the that of a few who werent happy with the seating & accommodations.

It's still a better venue than Texas Stadium where the actual facility was eroded due to the elements penetrating through the hole in the roof, like the pad under the turf rotting & mildew/fungus stinking b/c it never completely drained after a rainstorm. Even with the too low scoreboard it's less problematic with less design problems than their previous stadium. Texas Stadium was one of those good ideas on ppr. but just didnt work in the real world.

Last edited by LizardState : 09-25-2009 at 02:16 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
The homers defending this defy logic.

2 things...

1. Who the F cares about the attendence record...its such a useless record. If the 49ers wanted to attencencde record or got the attendecnce record, I seriously wouldn't even think about it once or be happy about it in anyway. Its stupid and meaningless.

2. Its usually a pretty difficult bathroom situation at any normal stadium, so if they singled it out as a problem it must have been horrible. So a man taking his family of 4 to have a great night out had to struggle to get his kids into a bathroom, couldn't get them into the stadium (I'm sure his kids would have been crushed) and basically had a horrible time while dropping probably near $400 on food, parking and the tickets. Thats alot of money for the average family to be raped by Jerry Jones so he can have his useless record.

This is what Jerry thinks of the fans that are so loyal they will defend him even now...
1. Who cares about attendance??? Hello? You sir, are NOT a business man.

2. The guy had a bad time and got him money back. What more do you want? Your overexaggeration about the food and parking is quite comical. You really believe he spent $400 on food and parking while buying $29 tickets? Talk about defying logic....
Old 09-25-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Alright... no bathrooms is pretty pathetic and I too would be pissed if I didn't get to do something as promised. But during the game they showed a boatload of people all over the concourses and railings watching the game. So what passes did they have? I can't buy one man's experience and chalk it up as the same thing everyone had. Sorry. I'm not that gullable.

Maybe this guy was a moron and was trying to go through the wrong entrance. I dunno. Sounds pathetic. I'm glad the Cowboys are offering refunds. It's all about class. ;)
10,000 people is still a lot.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
MasterShake
Rookie

MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.MasterShake could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
1. Who cares about attendance??? Hello? You sir, are NOT a business man.

2. The guy had a bad time and got him money back. What more do you want? Your overexaggeration about the food and parking is quite comical. You really believe he spent $400 on food and parking while buying $29 tickets? Talk about defying logic....
1. Correct, I'm a scientist. I'm about as far away from a business man as possible.

2. 29.95 per tick plus tax and I'm sure a "handling charge" x 4 = $140. Parking has to be around $20 thats typical for these new stadiums. Food would be about $20 per person usually at these stadiums...thats another $80. So we are at $240 from food, parking and tickets. Any type of souvineirs will take you over $300 easy, so yeah maybe I exagerrated a bit, but not by much. Still alot of money for a family to waste a Sunday being aggrevated.
MasterShake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
wordofi
Veteran

wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi wordofi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
No one questions his ability to make money. All these billionares got where they are in life, because of their ability to make money and invest properly. The issue is business ethics. As a former business student, that's something they teach from day 1 in business school. Is it worth setting an attendence record at the cost of shafting your own customers? Does that seem ethical to you? For a guy whose ego is the size of the new stadium, where does it stop? What is the next big event where they will screw you guys just to make himself look good? These are the things that make the other NFL fans hate the cowboys and Jerry himself.

On the one hand you got Jerry screwing you, and on the other isn't Synderbrenner taking some of the redskins fans to court?
Well said.
wordofi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:10 PM    (permalink
mqtirishfan
All-Pro

mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.mqtirishfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
1. Correct, I'm a scientist. I'm about as far away from a business man as possible.

2. 29.95 per tick plus tax and I'm sure a "handling charge" x 4 = $140. Parking has to be around $20 thats typical for these new stadiums. Food would be about $20 per person usually at these stadiums...thats another $80. So we are at $240 from food, parking and tickets. Any type of souvineirs will take you over $300 easy, so yeah maybe I exagerrated a bit, but not by much. Still alot of money for a family to waste a Sunday being aggrevated.
How did they get stadium food?
mqtirishfan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

Quote:
. . . . Parking has to be around $20 thats typical for these new stadiums.
HA! Dream on, try $40-60 for parking. NE's "new" stadium costs $50 and that's considered the norm. A quick search yielded results claiming $60 for Jerry's new digs. I can't say that is a reliable claim but it sounds right to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
LoL-erzzzz

The real question is: How long before some jackass attaches the word "gate" to this mess? Will it be JerryGate? PalaceGate?

Old 09-25-2009, 03:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Evil King Jerry had the dancing bar girls throw hotdogs from the rafters into the crowded hoard of serfs down below.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:39 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC

Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think even MasterShake the Scientist could figure out that 30,000 suckers standing around looking at the world's biggest HDTV would be easy pickins for some nearby overpriced food court.

I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This may be a bit biased, but I think I'd have a hard time remaining a fan of a team who's ownership would screw fans over like that.

Also, why even mention it? All they had to do was issue the refund.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitleTown088 View Post
This may be a bit biased, but I think I'd have a hard time remaining a fan of a team who's ownership would screw fans over like that.

Also, why even mention it? All they had to do was issue the refund.
Hahahahahah... You guys seriously crack me up. You're more concerned about the well being of your fellow fan than your faithfulness to your team???

Give me a bleeping break already.

There are idiot fans all over the place and I for one don't give a damn who they are and what complaints they have.

I'm seeing some of the dumbest posts ever. Man... get a grip guys.

THE WHOLE NFL BUSINESS IS ABOUT MONEY. The NFL could care less about who wins the SB. Only we do. It's about $$$$ and we pay for it. Get a clue.

...why mention it? Somebody with a minimum wage job replied to Mike's email. Go figure. It didn't come from Jerry's mouth for crying out loud.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:02 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

Yeah every owners job is to make money, and they screw over fans in one way or another.

If they didn't want to tickets would be cheaper for no blackouts, jersey would be cheaper. CBA would be done.