Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,059
Reputation: 1417748
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hahahahahah... You guys seriously crack me up. You're more concerned about the well being of your fellow fan than your faithfulness to your team???

Give me a bleeping break already.

There are idiot fans all over the place and I for one don't give a damn who they are and what complaints they have.

I'm seeing some of the dumbest posts ever. Man... get a grip guys.

THE WHOLE NFL BUSINESS IS ABOUT MONEY. The NFL could care less about who wins the SB. Only we do. It's about $$$$ and we pay for it. Get a clue.


...why mention it? Somebody with a minimum wage job replied to Mike's email. Go figure. It didn't come from Jerry's mouth for crying out loud.
So let me get this straight... You care more about someone else getting money that you will never even get to touch, than a fellow person who got screwed over?

That is basically what you are saying here...
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,059
Reputation: 1417748
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

How about this, D-Unit...

You, for whatever reason, are in Philly and have standing room only tickets for the Eagles, Cowboys game. You are allowed to roam the area around the stadium and stand along the ramps and whatnot. But Philly doesn't let you in because they purposefully filled it too high. Now you are there with your family, its cold, you've wasted 20 bucks on parking already, and now the price of the tickets. You are standing in Philly being berated by our crazy tailgaters, when you could be inside the stadium in your seat, watching the game. You can't tell me that wouldn't upset you.

Try to see **** from other people's perspective man, it seems to me you're being very immature with this whole thing, doing anything to defend the beloved Jerry.
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: God blessed Texas
Posts: 21,511
Reputation: 4341911
MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Well first off, we don't even know the whole story. What exactly did they not have access to? And what access had they paid for?
__________________
MetSox17 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,059
Reputation: 1417748
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
Well first off, we don't even know the whole story. What exactly did they not have access to? And what access had they paid for?
Even D-Unit said the tickets included walking the concourses and access to food and stuff, plus much more, all of which is in the stadium. And if they weren't even allowed in the stadium, they were denied access to it all.
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,059
Reputation: 1417748
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
i don't understand your bizarre need to force D to have sympathy for some fans. like i said, if those fans are ticked off, they should stop supporting jerry jones. if they continue to support jerry jones, they're idiots and deserve no sympathy.

i fail to see why you and half of the other posters here feel some bizarre need to empathize with these people. either they'll figure it out and teach jerry a lesson, or they won't, and as such they're schmucks and deserve whatever future abuse he chooses to heap on them to make a buck.
Why should they even be in position to teach Jerry a lesson? It shouldn't have to come to that. I understand the NFL is a business, and the owners are there to make money. But there is a right and wrong way to do it. And I'm not trying to force D-Unit into anything, I just find it incredibly immature for someone to have little to no compassion for a fellow fan who got screwed over, and that is exactly what happened. Just because it doesn't directly effect you or anyone around you doesn't make it alright to do stuff like that. Treat people like you'd want to be treated. Obviously that is not the case, and a lot of people could care less about how they treat other people, but that is complete and utter BS. Its not like the Cowboys or Jerry Jones "needed" that money, Jerry just "needed" (wanted) to have something that he could puff his chest about, and it cost him the satisfaction of his fans.
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,515
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
How about this, D-Unit...

You, for whatever reason, are in Philly and have standing room only tickets for the Eagles, Cowboys game. You are allowed to roam the area around the stadium and stand along the ramps and whatnot. But Philly doesn't let you in because they purposefully filled it too high. Now you are there with your family, its cold, you've wasted 20 bucks on parking already, and now the price of the tickets. You are standing in Philly being berated by our crazy tailgaters, when you could be inside the stadium in your seat, watching the game. You can't tell me that wouldn't upset you.

Try to see **** from other people's perspective man, it seems to me you're being very immature with this whole thing, doing anything to defend the beloved Jerry.
Umm... I'd want my money back. He got his money back... and now that he did, I don't feel bad for him. Not that I ever questioned my loyalty to the Cowboys over it, like some of you said you would. LMAO.

Do you realize how dumb that would be?

I don't care if that happened TO ME!!! I would STILL be a fan of my team.

You guys just don't have the same level of "fanhood" as me, I guess. ;)

Don't question my fanhood! lol. :p
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,059
Reputation: 1417748
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Umm... I'd want my money back. He got his money back... and now that he did, I don't feel bad for him. Not that I ever questioned my loyalty to the Cowboys over it, like some of you said you would. LMAO.

Do you realize how dumb that would be?

I don't care if that happened TO ME!!! I would STILL be a fan of my team.

You guys just don't have the same level of "fanhood" as me, I guess. ;)

Don't question my fanhood! lol. :p
If that happened to me, or even another Eagles fan, I'd be pissed. Its wrong. Its wrong, plain and simple. And only one person said that it may effect their fanhood, so you're just rolling with one guy and now multiple people have said it...
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,515
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Why should they even be in position to teach Jerry a lesson? It shouldn't have to come to that. I understand the NFL is a business, and the owners are there to make money. But there is a right and wrong way to do it. And I'm not trying to force D-Unit into anything, I just find it incredibly immature for someone to have little to no compassion for a fellow fan who got screwed over, and that is exactly what happened. Just because it doesn't directly effect you or anyone around you doesn't make it alright to do stuff like that. Treat people like you'd want to be treated. Obviously that is not the case, and a lot of people could care less about how they treat other people, but that is complete and utter BS. Its not like the Cowboys or Jerry Jones "needed" that money, Jerry just "needed" (wanted) to have something that he could puff his chest about, and it cost him the satisfaction of his fans.
Oh come on. The world ain't black and white. Don't give me this right way and wrong way crap. The guy got his money back. So he should just suck it up. I don't give a damn about him. What if you accidentally stepped on his foot and he punched your lights out because he was mad that he couldn't get in the stadium? Would you care about his story then? No you wouldn't. So don't sell me on your "what is right" theories in Pleasantville.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,515
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
If that happened to me, or even another Eagles fan, I'd be pissed. Its wrong. Its wrong, plain and simple. And only one person said that it may effect their fanhood, so you're just rolling with one guy and now multiple people have said it...
Where are you going with this? I'd be pissed too. But that's the end of the story. Yeah, it is wrong. That's why he got his damn money back.

Anyone who tells me to stop being a fan of the Cowboys over this is just plain stupid.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:51 PM    (permalink
Borat
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: The NFC West. Where people play defense.
Posts: 10,905
Reputation: 2440077
Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Borat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

D-Unit is right. Some people getting stiffed by greedy ownership shouldn't make your fandom waver.

The owner of the 49ers could kick me in the nuts and then take a giant dump on me, and I'd still be like, "Great job Mr. York. Here's $20. While I'm cleaning up your giant turd, could you send one of your flunkies to go get me one of your $9 beers."
__________________


I'm sorry Brian Sabean. I was wrong. I think I might have been right, but you have Scoreboard.
Borat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:54 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,059
Reputation: 1417748
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Oh come on. The world ain't black and white. Don't give me this right way and wrong way crap. The guy got his money back. So he should just suck it up. I don't give a damn about him. What if you accidentally stepped on his foot and he punched your lights out because he was mad that he couldn't get in the stadium? Would you care about his story then? No you wouldn't. So don't sell me on your "what is right" theories in Pleasantville.
I don't know how old you are, but you obviously aren't old enough to understand this at all. A man paid money for a product... And also paid money for other products, or services as well because of this product. Do you buy things for yourself, or do you still go through your parents? 29 dollars is nothing compared to the thousand dollar box seats in that staium, but to some people 29 dollars mean that they woke up at 6 in the morning, got to work at 7, and worked for four hours. Now I'm not saying you rely on your parents, but you mustn't understand the true value of that money to this man, who not only spent $29, he spent $29 dollars for his family of 4. That is $120, give or take a few. Then you take the cost of the parking, which as reprted through a bunch of people, was 60 bucks. I'll go on the low side there and say 50. Now the gas to get there, another $15, if this guy lives close, once again, being very conservative. Plus the food and beverage for him and his family to get there puts you at another 30 dollars, once again at a conservative price. That is 215 dollars right there at a minimum. Now chances are this guy doesn't have a high paying job since he has these tickets, so that is about 40% of his weekly pay... That is two days of this man's hard work to pay for that game. He can get that 120 back or go another time, spending more of his money, and he probably will, because he is a fan of the team, not the owner. His fandome shouldn't be questioned either. It doesn't make him stupid, its his appreciation for the game and the team that he loves. At the very minimum this uy got screwed out of 80 bucks, but it was most likely much more, closer to 150 or 200. You think 80 bucks, big deal... Well to this guy trying to raise his family that could be a big deal. It could go towards an added increase on this months mortgage or car payment, or food, or to help with the bills, but now he doesn't have it, and with families like that, every dollars counts. My family is like that, and my parents have sacrificed a lot, (and I only know very little of what they've sacrificed, I'm sure) as I'm sure this guy has. So don't go telling anyone that the money he paid means little, because in the situation that this guy is probably in, it is important. Not to mention Things they could have done with the rest of their Sunday, and the strain it put on them not allowed in, and making a dificult situation to use the bathroom...

And the fact is, this guy didn't punch the guy in the face, he handled it the way he should have and got the best results possible in this situation, so don't go changing the story.
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:55 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: ^^Save the sharks
Posts: 4,799
Reputation: 48109
steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I don't think anyone is defending it. But like DMW, i don't give a **** that some idiot fans got screwed over. They knew what they were getting into.

Are you ******* serious? How does wanting to go the game make you an idiot fan? wtf is wrong with you?
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 04:58 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,059
Reputation: 1417748
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
let's do a little experiment.

as a result of this, will you stop watching eagles games? will you stop buying tickets to eagles games? will you stop buying nfl licensed eagles gear?
I don't know where you are going with this, and quite frankly, I don't give a damn. People can say a lot of crappy things about the Eagles and the city of Philadelphia, some of it is true, but at least my favorite team doesn't feel the need to screw over the people that care so much about them and their team.
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:03 PM    (permalink
Vikes99ej
Icon
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Sioux Falls
Posts: 16,654
Reputation: 320894
Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vikes99ej is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I'm confused. Jerry Jones and the Cowboys organization are too classy for this!
Vikes99ej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:16 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,059
Reputation: 1417748
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
so yes, you will. in spite of all of this silly indignation over some dude who is getting his money back. you'll still put money into jerry jones' pocket, willfully. which in the end boils down to the fact that you also don't actually care. *shrug*

as to your other diatribe, do you honestly think driving is the ONLY way to get anywhere? DART offers an inexpensive bus to cowboys games. i'd assume SEPTA has a similar service in philly. no one forced him to buy concessions, when i've ponied up the money for a game, i actually use a bit of common sense and eat beforehand. i know it's a bizarre thought that doesn't at all fit into your "this guy deserves everyone's pity because he's just some average schmuck that the entire world screwed over" scenario, but unless he's an idiot, he really doesn't need to be out more than a pizza delivery's worth of change. and if he can't afford that, he shouldn't be going to the game in any case.

if all you want to do is whine about "fairness" and act a bit arrogant (because compassion for idiots is clearly the hallmark of maturity), feel free. i'll just call you a hypocrite.
999 times out of 1,000 they're driving. You are talking about a very unlikely circumstnace for a person who has a family, thus would have their own vehicle...

I'm not even talking about concessions. Chances are he paid for his family's food and beverage because he did just what you are saying, bought food beforehand.

And who is "pitying" this guy? All I am saying is what happened to him was wrong, and that if you don't care, it shows a lack for your fellow person, which is a shame. I'm sure if this was happening to you or your family you'd be the first one bitching and moaning about fairness. Don't give me that line about hypocrisy, because fi you were in this situation, you'd be the first one to have a fit over it. As you should. But now since its not happening to you or anyone important to you, who cares?

For you, if its a stranger- Who cares?

I'd love to know how I'm the hypocrite, because I'm handling this the same way I would if it happened to me, however I know for damn sure if it happened to you, you would say, who cares? I got my money for my ticket back. That is being a hypocrite...
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,515
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
I don't know how old you are, but you obviously aren't old enough to understand this at all. A man paid money for a product... And also paid money for other products, or services as well because of this product. Do you buy things for yourself, or do you still go through your parents? 29 dollars is nothing compared to the thousand dollar box seats in that staium, but to some people 29 dollars mean that they woke up at 6 in the morning, got to work at 7, and worked for four hours. Now I'm not saying you rely on your parents, but you mustn't understand the true value of that money to this man, who not only spent $29, he spent $29 dollars for his family of 4. That is $120, give or take a few. Then you take the cost of the parking, which as reprted through a bunch of people, was 60 bucks. I'll go on the low side there and say 50. Now the gas to get there, another $15, if this guy lives close, once again, being very conservative. Plus the food and beverage for him and his family to get there puts you at another 30 dollars, once again at a conservative price. That is 215 dollars right there at a minimum. Now chances are this guy doesn't have a high paying job since he has these tickets, so that is about 40% of his weekly pay... That is two days of this man's hard work to pay for that game. He can get that 120 back or go another time, spending more of his money, and he probably will, because he is a fan of the team, not the owner. His fandome shouldn't be questioned either. It doesn't make him stupid, its his appreciation for the game and the team that he loves. At the very minimum this uy got screwed out of 80 bucks, but it was most likely much more, closer to 150 or 200. You think 80 bucks, big deal... Well to this guy trying to raise his family that could be a big deal. It could go towards an added increase on this months mortgage or car payment, or food, or to help with the bills, but now he doesn't have it, and with families like that, every dollars counts. My family is like that, and my parents have sacrificed a lot, (and I only know very little of what they've sacrificed, I'm sure) as I'm sure this guy has. So don't go telling anyone that the money he paid means little, because in the situation that this guy is probably in, it is important. Not to mention Things they could have done with the rest of their Sunday, and the strain it put on them not allowed in, and making a dificult situation to use the bathroom...

And the fact is, this guy didn't punch the guy in the face, he handled it the way he should have and got the best results possible in this situation, so don't go changing the story.
Did I really just read that? Sigh. Just stop eaglesalltheway. Just stop with the poor man's pity card. You'll understand when you get older.

I really think that Mike would laugh if he read that himself. Working 4 hours for $29 bucks was the kicker. Dude, if it takes him a half day's work for that amount of money, he shouldn't be going to any games... let alone being a head of the house for a family of 4.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,059
Reputation: 1417748
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Did I really just read that? Sigh. Just stop eaglesalltheway. Just stop with the poor man's pity card. You'll understand when you get older.

I really think that Mike would laugh if he read that himself. Working 4 hours for $29 bucks was the kicker. Dude, if it takes him a half day's work for that amount of money, he shouldn't be going to any games... let alone being a head of the house for a family of 4.
Once again, where is the pity? I'm just trying to explain to you what this guy is possibly going through. Did I say he gets 29 dollars in 4 hours at his work as an hourly wage? No. He'll work those four hours and get paid more than that for sure, but the money doesn't all go to him. It goes to paying for the bills, mortgage... etc (why I mentioned it in the post) Sure he'll make more than 29 dollars in 4 hours, but since he has obligations wrapped up in those things, his work will only get him that much to actually spend as he chooses.

Really, point out moments where I pity him... I'd love to see it. Unless you mean empathize with him, in which case, I do, I am in a similar situation, only I don't have 4 mouths I am responsible for, which is why I'm saving all I can now because I know it is important. But empathize and pity are completely different, so point out where I pity him, I'd love to see it.
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,515
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesalltheway View Post
Once again, where is the pity? I'm just trying to explain to you what this guy is possibly going through. Did I say he gets 29 dollars in 4 hours at his work as an hourly wage? No. He'll work those four hours and get paid more than that for sure, but the money doesn't all go to him. It goes to paying for the bills, mortgage... etc (why I mentioned it in the post) Sure he'll make more than 29 dollars in 4 hours, but since he has obligations wrapped up in those things, his work will only get him that much to actually spend as he chooses.

Really, point out moments where I pity him... I'd love to see it. Unless you mean empathize with him, in which case, I do, I am in a similar situation, only I don't have 4 mouths I am responsible for, which is why I'm saving all I can now because I know it is important. But empathize and pity are completely different, so point out where I pity him, I'd love to see it.
Dude wake up. You don't even know who you're empathizng with. For all we know he could be loaded up the ying yang! Now, you're just spinning your own personal situation into his and talking bubbles. Stop already with all the nonsense and pity. ...yeah pity... blah blah... has to wake up at 6 in the morning, get to work at 7, and worked for 4 hours for $29 bucks... that's what you said dude, so don't backtrack. Just stop. I'm done too.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 06:59 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,886
Reputation: 659348
Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

This is nuts, this guy got screwed, not by accident, they knew they were doing it, and people are justifying it. I love my saints, but if they willfully screwed me, no, I wouldn't be buying more products from them at all, but that's not the point, he shouldn't have to worry about getting screwed out of something he paid for to begin with.

A lot of Bush voter logic going on here. Just because you support the Cowboys doesn't mean you have to justify every ****** up thing they do.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Emmaus, PA
Posts: 12,059
Reputation: 1417748
eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Dude wake up. You don't even know who you're empathizng with. For all we know he could be loaded up the ying yang! Now, you're just spinning your own personal situation into his and talking bubbles. Stop already with all the nonsense and pity. ...yeah pity... blah blah... has to wake up at 6 in the morning, get to work at 7, and worked for 4 hours for $29 bucks... that's what you said dude, so don't backtrack. Just stop. I'm done too.
If this guy was loaded would he have gotten the standing room only seats, or the box seats? Wait... don't answer that, everyone already knows the answer...

And this is not about me... at all. Just comparing my situation with, what is in all likelihood, a situation that I can empathize with.

Once again, name where I pity him or if I want people to pity me.

Rich people wake up early too man not saying he should have to be pitied because he wakes up at 6, once again, name anywhere where I mention this guy should be pitied. There are people with work that gets them up much earlier, and pays much better.
__________________
Nanna Bryndís Hilmarsdóttir is a goddess

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 10:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 25,840
Reputation: 4767621
Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
DART offers an inexpensive bus to cowboys games.
Good luck on living near a DART station if you are the type that can afford tickets to the game, let alone within driving distance of one. Also, you have to find parking near said station. Unlike a lot of major cities, Dallas has a crappy public transportation system, it's really only efficient if you are going to the Mavs games.
__________________

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 60,515
Reputation: 2345985
D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
This is nuts, this guy got screwed, not by accident, they knew they were doing it, and people are justifying it. I love my saints, but if they willfully screwed me, no, I wouldn't be buying more products from them at all, but that's not the point, he shouldn't have to worry about getting screwed out of something he paid for to begin with.

A lot of Bush voter logic going on here. Just because you support the Cowboys doesn't mean you have to justify every ****** up thing they do.
Well, I don't blame you... we're talking about the Saints... easy to give up on them. lol.

Just because I don't give a damn about the fan doesn't mean I justify everything Jerry does. I hate a lot of things he does, so for you to take a generalized approach and call it blind homerism is ridiculous. ...common... but still ridiculous.

I don't care that the guy had a bad time, I don't care that he got his money back, I don't care that Jerry broke the record, I don't care that he made money, I don't care if Jerry continues to charge whatever prices he wants to. I love the Cowboys THAT much. One fan's misery won't affect me one single bit.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 06:42 AM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,886
Reputation: 659348
Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Trash talking the Saints huh. Not worried about titles from almost 20 years ago, we'll let the fellas handle it this season, I know you still remember the most recent meeting(or should I say beating).

Agree with the rest though, sort of.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by SNIPER26 View Post
fwiw, i amz deunks ofs myt ass. ilo vez drinmoinz befotre i post. wha t a hreat ideas.z.

Last edited by Saints-Tigers : 09-26-2009 at 06:46 AM.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: wrigleyland
Posts: 7,668
Reputation: 93956
awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Good luck on living near a DART station if you are the type that can afford tickets to the game, let alone within driving distance of one. Also, you have to find parking near said station. Unlike a lot of major cities, Dallas has a crappy public transportation system, it's really only efficient if you are going to the Mavs games.
i would second this.
__________________
http://i38.tinypic.com/2aj2s7t.jpg
For a good time call (303) 499-7111.whitspacsig by steel man

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: BIG ORANGE COUNTRY
Posts: 6,363
Reputation: 18165
Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Is it horrible to say I hope JJ dies soon?
__________________

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:07 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.