Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-28-2009, 02:11 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
I think Childress has a lot less job security then you think. I also! think that Wilf has a low job security because the fans are getting pissed with the decision making. But, Chilly is on the hot seat this year. He will be gone of the Vikings don't have 10+ wins and make the playoffs. And I also think that he will be fired even if they don't make it to the NFCCG...

Mangini will be given another year.

Any coach that is on the Raiders is on the hot seat. Whether or not he (or she?) does well. Al Davis is a crazy, bitchy old man, and that's why coaches don't last there.

Lovie smith will get his ass fired if he doesn't make it to the playoffs this year.

The Redskins coaches are always on the hot seat cause the Redskins will never be a franchise worthy of winning a superbowl. Sorry Skinzzz fans.

I don't think John Fox is on the hot seat as much as Jake Delhomme...
I agree with pretty much all those assesments except Mangini. Normally I wouldn't think he's on the hot seat but the Browns have been awful and from all reports EVERYONE hates the guy with a passion. Not only is he a bad coach but he has probably the worst attitude in the NFL.

He's probably worse than Bellichick from an attitude stand point with none of the accomplishments to back it.
Old 09-28-2009, 02:13 AM    (permalink
CashmoneyDrew
Icon

CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CashmoneyDrew is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
If Fisher were to be let go of, he'd be in Dallas the next day. He'd be a huge commodity.

In my opinion, Fisher has done an amazing job coaching the Titans over the past few seasons. Especially when you think about the Titans wasting a 6th overall pick on PacMan Jones and having a 3rd overall pick on the sideline in Vince Young (both were back-to-back Drafts; 2005 and 2006). The fact that he's so successful considering the inconsistency at the QB position is a testament to his ability as well. He just doesn't have a ring, which labels him with the stigma of being a great regular season coach and mediocre postseason coach.

Nevertheless, he's the best coach in the history of the Titans/Oilers franchise, and holds high favor with owner Bud Adams. The Nashville Stache ain't goin' anywhere.
You can delve into it much further than just Pacman and Vince Young as well. Hello Ben Troupe, Andre Woolfolk, Chris Henry, Rich Gardner, Michael Waddell, etc........
Old 09-28-2009, 02:59 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mqtirishfan View Post
Have you seen Tampa's roster? No way Morris gets fired.
I tend to agree, everyone was of the opinion Morris had a 2-3 year turnaround task in front of him, especially with a rookie QB yet to take the field.

He has another year at least even if Tampa pick first overall next year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey View Post
You can delve into it much further than just Pacman and Vince Young as well. Hello Ben Troupe, Andre Woolfolk, Chris Henry, Rich Gardner, Michael Waddell, etc........
I remember the days when all the Titan's receivers were could've, would've, should've beens. It seems things have turned around with the line play and a few key standouts over the last few years, but time's ticking at QB imo.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:25 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Mangini will be fired if he has less than 5 wins. I get the feeling they expected him to come in and use either BQ or DA and start being competitive. I did not expect this to be a multi-year project like Tampa or Detroit.

If you remember, coaches do get fired after 1 year when they perform poorly enough, ask Cam Cameron and the 1-15 '07 dolphins :P
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 03:31 AM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I think Mangini will be fired if he has less than 5 wins. I get the feeling they expected him to come in and use either BQ or DA and start being competitive. I did not expect this to be a multi-year project like Tampa or Detroit.

If you remember, coaches do get fired after 1 year when they perform poorly enough, ask Cam Cameron and the 1-15 '07 dolphins :P
True but they overhauled the front office which I think was the major reason Cameron got fired. If that hadn't happened it's possible he might have got another year, especially for a first year coach.
Old 09-28-2009, 03:33 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forenci View Post
True but they overhauled the front office which I think was the major reason Cameron got fired. If that hadn't happened it's possible he might have got another year, especially for a first year coach.
That's a good point as well. Which brings up another question, was Mangini brought in by the owner or the front office?
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

First of all, I am suprised Zorn lasted the night in Washington....

Secondly, with my team, Spags is safe for at least this season, the next season, and prolly even the season after that. Give him at least three years in St. Louis. Trust me, with all due respect to my team, most everyone would be winless and struggling with this team we have. We have a foundation, solid running back, a bit better defense (yeah, 36 points looks bad, but it coulda and shoulda been much worse thanks to my next point). We are paying a dude with a fear of being hit with happy feet, and is so ******* fragile $65 million in Marc Bulger. Listen, I know I haven't been the nicest to Bulger over the years ($65 million piece of ****), but fans were cheering for Kyle Boller to take the field. KYLE ******* BOLLER. I hate Steve Young as an analyst because every other sentence he says if you don't have a good quarterback in this league, you will not win, or something to that affect, but he is right. I think I am done.......but anyway back to the Crux of the matter, Spags is safe in my book for the next 2 13/16 seasons, no firespags.org from this guy.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
I tend to agree, everyone was of the opinion Morris had a 2-3 year turnaround task in front of him, especially with a rookie QB yet to take the field.
He looks functionally incompetent while coaching though.

I could probably name 6-7 more people at the end of the year that TB would rather have coaching for them then Raheem Morris.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 11:47 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yodachu View Post
First of all, I am suprised Zorn lasted the night in Washington....

Secondly, with my team, Spags is safe for at least this season, the next season, and prolly even the season after that. Give him at least three years in St. Louis. Trust me, with all due respect to my team, most everyone would be winless and struggling with this team we have. We have a foundation, solid running back, a bit better defense (yeah, 36 points looks bad, but it coulda and shoulda been much worse thanks to my next point). We are paying a dude with a fear of being hit with happy feet, and is so ******* fragile $65 million in Marc Bulger. Listen, I know I haven't been the nicest to Bulger over the years ($65 million piece of ****), but fans were cheering for Kyle Boller to take the field. KYLE ******* BOLLER. I hate Steve Young as an analyst because every other sentence he says if you don't have a good quarterback in this league, you will not win, or something to that affect, but he is right. I think I am done.......but anyway back to the Crux of the matter, Spags is safe in my book for the next 2 13/16 seasons, no firespags.org from this guy.

Zorn is doing way too much too soon! He is the HC, OC, and QB coach, lol. As someone who coached before it's a very, very hard thing to do all 3 job duties. The guy never was an OC or HC, so to do that for the first time AND coach a position as well is damn near impossible. Factor in the spotlight of Washington and their fan base, why on earth would you take so much responsibility like that?

I am actually curious to see who he actually breaks all his hours down coaching. If I am the GM, I tell him to just be the HC, and hire a new QB coach AND OC to call his system for now, until the offseason. Do that or get fired.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I understand the Buccaneers overhauled some of their roster and Raheem Morris wasn't expected to be great this year, but the Bucs went 9-7 last year and were a decent team. They really don't have much of an excuse for being arguably the worst team in the league so far (aside from maybe the Browns and Rams.) I can't think of a positive thing Morris has done as coach.
Old 09-28-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
DeepThreat
Pro Bowler

DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DeepThreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
That's a good point as well. Which brings up another question, was Mangini brought in by the owner or the front office?
The owner. The Browns don't have a front office.

Quote:
<@JBond> And Dg, you'd waste it on corndogs
<@JBond> So you get no 5 dollars
<+DG> how is buy one get one free wasting?
Quote:
<+njx9> i'm pretty sure your people still eat boots in north korea, bantx. they don't know what vegetables are.
DeepThreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
BufFan71
Pro Bowler

BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BufFan71 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dick Jauron is getting fired no matter what after this season
Old 09-28-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ Jauron is pretty awful

Mangini's got to go

Sig by, Hitman D
katnip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jim Zorn is gone, it's just a matter of if it will be during the season, which is highly unlikely. I don't hate the guy but we've known from the start that he was never qualified to be a coach. Hell Tiki Barber is just as qualified at being a coach. Zorn just has no clue what he's doing. His play calling is horrid, he refuses to scrutinize any player, and he just accepts failure. It was so embarrassing last week how our special teams coach Danny Smith basically had to tackle Zorn to stop him from taking a timeout way too early. Joe Gibbs didn't get mad at his players either but that's because he had their respect earned and he constantly gave them advice to improve. Zorn has simply isolated himself from the team. He won't say anything to the media nor to his players.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:02 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.katnip is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh yes. Jim Zorn too.

Is Brian Orakpo your guys Strong side LB? Last time I booted up madden he was. I'd rather him as a pass rush de if so.

Sig by, Hitman D
Old 09-28-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by katnip View Post
Oh yes. Jim Zorn too.

Is Brian Orakpo your guys Strong side LB? Last time I booted up madden he was.
Yes he is and he actually looks very smooth. He's only been beat in coverage once this year which was a 3rd down yesterday. He's coming along. Looked better in the preseason but did get a sack yesterday. After trimming some weight he's a legit LB now with the ability to put down his hand on third downs.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:06 PM    (permalink
katnip
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Yes he is and he actually looks very smooth. He's only been beat in coverage once this year which was a 3rd down yesterday. He's coming along. Looked better in the preseason but did get a sack yesterday. After trimming some weight he's a legit LB now with the ability to put down his hand on third downs.
Okay. Haven't payed attention to the Redskins ever since Sean Taylor (RIP) died.

Sig by, Hitman D
Old 09-28-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Still, he had two years that were absolute wastes, 2004 when all his veterans became injured and then the cap purging of 2005. Jeff Fisher has faced this intensity though before, in 2001 when he started 1-4 and wound up 11-5 and in the AFC title game. The only way he isn't the Titans head coach is when he says I resign or retires. Its either one or the other, people either say he is overrated (I haven't heard that one) or underrated (lots of talking heads love his coaching style).
Titans were in the AFCC in 2002 (lost to Raiders). Steelers lost to Patriots in 2001.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:17 PM    (permalink
MidwayMonster31
Pro Bowler

MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MidwayMonster31 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanTaylorRIP View Post
Jim Zorn is gone, it's just a matter of if it will be during the season, which is highly unlikely. I don't hate the guy but we've known from the start that he was never qualified to be a coach. Hell Tiki Barber is just as qualified at being a coach. Zorn just has no clue what he's doing. His play calling is horrid, he refuses to scrutinize any player, and he just accepts failure. It was so embarrassing last week how our special teams coach Danny Smith basically had to tackle Zorn to stop him from taking a timeout way too early. Joe Gibbs didn't get mad at his players either but that's because he had their respect earned and he constantly gave them advice to improve. Zorn has simply isolated himself from the team. He won't say anything to the media nor to his players.
Wasn't Jim Zorn supposed to be just the offensive coordinator when he was first hired? How did he get all the way to head coach? I know there were some snafus during the hiring process after Gibbs retired, but I forgot what they were.

Last edited by MidwayMonster31 : 09-30-2009 at 02:23 PM.
MidwayMonster31 is offline   Reply With Quote