Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-29-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
  • The Scott Pioli-Todd Haley marriage isn't going to last in Kansas City, I give it until the spring of 2011 at the very most. Haley is too volatile, especially as he'll be stuck with a quarterback who isn't good enough but is already terribly overpaid by the GM in charge Pioli.
Yeah, I have NO clue what they are doing there in Kansas City. Wanting to get rid of Bowe? Seriously? *shakes head*
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:15 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsaza2358 View Post
Cutler has never been a winning QB anywhere he's been.
Denver: Sucked.
Vandy: Sucked.
Hey, he won a lot in high school!

But, he's talented. If winning solely is the responsibility of the quarterback, sure, he's not a winner. But, if it's not, I say it's a moot point.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Another thing:

Before the draft, I said that Matt Ryan was going to be a bust, and Joe Flacco was going to be a franchise qb. Then last year, Ryan proved me wrong, and I decided that I was wrong, Ryan would be the better qb.

But fast forward to this year, who has been more impressive?

It has to be Flacco. The guy doesn't have half the weapons Ryan has, and has been more impressive with it. He's been amazing this year.

Taking nothing away from Ryan, he's still having a good season, but this year, so far 3 games in, Flacco is definitely outperforming him.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I had Flacco over Ryan as well last year and so coming into the year I thought I was just another moron. Maybe that decision isn't as bad as I thought.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Another thing:

Before the draft, I said that Matt Ryan was going to be a bust, and Joe Flacco was going to be a franchise qb. Then last year, Ryan proved me wrong, and I decided that I was wrong, Ryan would be the better qb.

It has to be Flacco. The guy doesn't have half the weapons Ryan has, and has been more impressive with it. He's been amazing this year.

Taking nothing away from Ryan, he's still having a good season, but this year, so far 3 games in, Flacco is definitely outperforming him.
That. I wondered why Flacco got so much less love than Ryan, I felt that he performed similarly as a rookie (individually) and he did it with less weapons.

Not only that, but when two guys perform at a similar level, you would think everyone would jock the guy with the elite physical tools, who is a bit more raw.

Going to rub a lot of people the wrong way with this, but I agree with you. (Though, I didn't like either coming out, to be honest)
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe "Sexy-Armed" Flacco is real legit right now.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Another thing:

Atlanta Falcons offense is perfect for him. A lot of runs with their Rbs, a lot of screens, and 1 good WR with a HOF TE helping him. They will only get better down their with Thomas D. as their GM, and better the more experience Ryan gets.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
Wayne Gandy was terrible three years ago in Atlanta. He's still in the NFL? Amazing...
Whoops, I meant Mike Gandy. Although the way Mike held up on Sunday ...
Old 09-29-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
That. I wondered why Flacco got so much less love than Ryan, I felt that he performed similarly as a rookie (individually) and he did it with less weapons.

Not only that, but when two guys perform at a similar level, you would think everyone would jock the guy with the elite physical tools, who is a bit more raw.

Going to rub a lot of people the wrong way with this, but I agree with you. (Though, I didn't like either coming out, to be honest)
I liked Flacco coming out bc he reminded me of Roethlisberger. Oddly enough, he even plays like Big Ben. They have the same style.

Flacco has a bigger arm though.

I questioned Ryan's accuracy coming out, but playing in a dome kind of silenced that issue, plus with a steady pocket, he's been able to keep his mechanics in check.

I never questioned his intelligence, just his accuracy. I was wrong on him.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was definitely on the "Ryan = bust" train, and I was humiliated when he kicked butt last year. I wasn't that high on Flacco either, but I liked his big arm and the run game/D that the Ravens had. Flacco has been more impressive this year. It's kind of odd that he's not getting props, though. He's a second year guy who is playing like a Pro Bowler on a team with no weapons. All the kudos are going to Harbaugh and McGahee. HA

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

bsaza2358 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Let's give Cam Cameron some love too. Look at his resume:

Drew Brees
Phillip Rivers
Joe Flacco

Its no coincidence that whoever is coached by the guy is developing into a nice qb. If I had a young developing qb, I think this is the first guy id consider hiring as my OC. His track record doesn't lie.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:29 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bsaza2358 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Checked up on Wiki on Cameron. He was QB coach for the Skins in the mid-late 90's. Helped develop Frerotte when he was a pro bowler and also worked with Trent Green before he went to St. Louis...

After his stint with the Skins, he was OC at Indiana U, where he worked and developed Randle El.

I am "America's Poster"... http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/for...9&postcount=25

Old 09-29-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Checked up on Wiki on Cameron. He was QB coach for the Skins in the mid-late 90's. Helped develop Frerotte when he was a pro bowler and also worked with Trent Green before he went to St. Louis...

After his stint with the Skins, he was OC at Indiana U, where he worked and developed Randle El.
How about that...

Guy was a terrible HC, but his resume as an OC is amazing.

*sigh*....we have Kevin Gilbride.

I was laughing my ass off when they shown the clip of Buddy Ryan swinging at him before the Jets game on Sunday.

Yup...thats our OC...

*sigh*
Old 09-29-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cameron has done an amazing job with QB's. It was a bit of bad luck for him that the Dolphins only won 1 gamde so he may never get another shot head coaching.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 09-29-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Saints-Tigers
Pro Bowler

Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Saints-Tigers is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flacco really is flying under the radar, all things considered. He's a young QB with big time physical tools and potential, but he's already a damn good QB with plenty of room for growth.

Never seen a high upside guy that is already producing get so little love.
Saints-Tigers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Cameron has done an amazing job with QB's. It was a bit of bad luck for him that the Dolphins only won 1 gamde so he may never get another shot head coaching.
First off, they shouldn't have won that one game. The Ravens gave it away.

But more importantly, Cameron is not a leader of men. Not close.

As stated above, he does a very good job as an offensive coordinator however.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

Quote:
How about that...

Guy was a terrible HC, but his resume as an OC is amazing.

*sigh*....we have Kevin Gilbride.

I was laughing my ass off when they shown the clip of Buddy Ryan swinging at him before the Jets game on Sunday.

Yup...thats our OC...

*sigh*
Some of my buddies are huge Bills fans. During the Gregg Williams/Gilbride disaster, my friend Jim held up a sign that made it onto CBS that said "If Buddy Ryan can punch Kevin Gilbride, can I be next?"

Old 09-29-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yes Flacco is a beast, even if he didnt improve 1 bit from his rookie year Baltimore would love him because he is the best QB we have ever had since Vinny. Now we are happy because it looks like we will have a great offense for the next 10 years. I really want us to build around Flacco, if we had a guy like Marshall/Boldin we would be a elite passing offense this season. Give him some young talent and we can be very good.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
bsaza2358
Arch-Bishop
Icon

I am pretty sure that the Ravens will be investing a lot of high draft picks into the defense. Particularly MLB and CB. Kind of off topic, but I don't see them investing much in high profile WR's in the draft...

Old 09-29-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Some of my buddies are huge Bills fans. During the Gregg Williams/Gilbride disaster, my friend Jim held up a sign that made it onto CBS that said "If Buddy Ryan can punch Kevin Gilbride, can I be next?"
*sigh*

Ben had Whistenhunt
Rivers had Cameron/Turner
Flacco has Cameron
Rodgers has McCarthey
Cutler had Shanny
Kolb has Reid

We had/have Huffnagel and Gilbride...

*sigh*
Old 09-29-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we are fine at LB. Our second round pick Krueger doesnt even dress beacuse we have a lot of capable LBs, I think Dannelle Ellerbe will be the next Bart Scott. Unless someone slips I doubt we get a LB. I could see CB also, knowing Ozzie we have no idea what to expect.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Baltimore has to rebuild that defense.

They could use 2 CBs, a LB, and a pass rusher.

This isn't the same old Ravens defense anymore. You can score on the Ravens.

Oddly enough however, this isn't the same Ravens offense anymore either. And the Ravens have the best oline in football thus far.

EDIT: I forgot you have Kreuger. Scratch that. You just need secondary help and a LB.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
Yes Flacco is a beast, even if he didnt improve 1 bit from his rookie year Baltimore would love him because he is the best QB we have ever had since Vinny. Now we are happy because it looks like we will have a great offense for the next 10 years. I really want us to build around Flacco, if we had a guy like Marshall/Boldin we would be a elite passing offense this season. Give him some young talent and we can be very good.
I agree with this but you left out a crucial point, probably because it's so obvious it's been beaten to death: I am absolutely in love with the Ravens' O-line, and think they're as responsible as any other unit for that success.

The doubter in me wants to look at the dirty birds schedule so far and think maybe things are being a little exaggerated, but when you have a huge, talented, and physical O-line the sky is the limit.

The Ravens' D has an Achilles' heel or two as far as I'm concerned, but not enough to knock the general beastliness of the team as a whole.

edit: great, way to show me up BBD.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cutler has never been a winning QB anywhere he's been. He has a ton of talent, but he hasn't really proven it consistently. The move to the Bears basically gives him zero excuses. He has performed well the last 2 weeks, but that doesn't mean a whole lot yet. If he continues to play at this level, I think he will eventually shed that tag. As of now, he is still young and inconsistent, but in terms of physical ability, he might be the most talented QB in the league...
Well, It is my humble opinion that, if your a QB in a contest against your Defense to see who will put up the most points on the board....you probably won't be very successful.

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.

Last edited by Raiderz4Life : 09-29-2009 at 12:55 PM.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I thought the Ravens would take a step back this year because the defense wouldn't be as good. Boy, was I wrong.

sig by BoneKrusher