Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-30-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Far...This Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:17 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
There's a difference between MVP and who would hurt the most to lose.
Agreed. The Vikings could win without Peterson, Cowboys without Felix Jones, and Browns without Joe Thomas. Kidding about the last one cause they can't win with him. Zing.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
Agreed. The Vikings could win without Peterson, Cowboys without Felix Jones, and Browns without Joe Thomas. Kidding about the last one cause they can't win with him. Zing.
The Vikings win consistently without AD? Riiiiight.

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Eagles

OMVP-McNabb
DMVP-Trent Cole
Old 09-30-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Toneloc498
Rookie

Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.

COREY WEBSTER...

yes for the Giants it is Corey Webster, number 23... He has had 12 Passes thrown his way in three games, allowed 3 completitions for 22 yards (one was a screen) and has gotten 1 interception. Corey Webster is defenitly a top 5 corner (maybe even top 3) in the NFL
Toneloc498 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
Joe Thomas is the best tackle in football

Regards,

Jared Allen and Terrell Suggs
Thomas is great in pass protection, but extremely average in the run game, while on the other hand Jason Peters has man handled Julius Peppers and Will Smith in pass protection and the run game.

Remember when he was generally considered as a top 5 tackle? Yes, he is playing better than that right now. I don't think I can really emphasize enough how great he has been. When the Eagles run behind him the Eagles are averaging 5.3 yards per carry and when the Browns run behind Joe Thomas they're averaging exactly 2.56 yards per carry. That is nearly double.

Here I'll give you an example of what happens nearly every time in the run game, he is doing great.
">" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="600" height="350">
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:56 PM    (permalink
RagingColt
Rookie

RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RagingColt is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Iíll kill a snitch. Iím not saying I have. Iím not saying I havenítÖĒ
Old 09-30-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
Thomas is great in pass protection, but extremely average in the run game, while on the other hand Jason Peters has man handled Julius Peppers and Will Smith in pass protection and the run game.

Remember when he was generally considered as a top 5 tackle? Yes, he is playing better than that right now. I don't think I can really emphasize enough how great he has been. When the Eagles run behind him the Eagles are averaging 5.3 yards per carry and when the Browns run behind Joe Thomas they're averaging exactly 2.56 yards per carry. That is nearly double.
Are you sure that has nothing to do with the fact that the talent level on the teams is completely different? Both RBs on philly are better than the starter in cleveland. Peters has been better this year, probably somewhere in the top 5. But to be fair, he was just aweful last year. It will probably take the whole season to get rid of that bad taste.

Roos>Clady>Gross=Thomas>Peters

Sig by the sigmaster BoneKrusher. Each one is a masterpiece
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaLLiN72 View Post
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Job View Post
NFLDC would be jizzing itself non-stop.
the decider13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Toneloc498
Rookie

Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.Toneloc498 is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
Are you sure that has nothing to do with the fact that the talent level on the teams is completely different? Both RBs on philly are better than the starter in cleveland. Peters has been better this year, probably somewhere in the top 5. But to be fair, he was just aweful last year. It will probably take the whole season to get rid of that bad taste.

Roos>Clady>Gross=Thomas>Peters
Peters has played well so far this year but last year I think he was one of the worst... if not the worst LTs in football (pass protection wise). He gave up 13.5 sacks I believe
Old 09-30-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toneloc498 View Post
Peters has played well so far this year but last year I think he was one of the worst... if not the worst LTs in football (pass protection wise). He gave up 13.5 sacks I believe
Yes, but he was the best run blocking tackle in football
http://www.igglesblog.com/iggles_blo...f-grendel.html

Old 09-30-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Toneloc498
Rookie

He is a very good run blocker but with the Offense that you guys run in Philly and how much you pass the ball vrs how much you run id much rather have the top pass blocking LT then the top run blocking LT.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.the decider13 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Unfortunately we don't have access to those stats for everyone (at least I don't know where to find them) because it would be pretty interesting. Peters is ultra athletic but like I said, he is going to need to prove himself some more after last season.

Quote:
i wish NFLDC had something like "wall to wall" where we could see Brodeur and Job's conversations.
Quote:
Old 09-30-2009, 11:27 PM    (permalink
derza222
All-Pro

derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.derza222 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
1. Kris Jenkins
2. Darrelle Revis
3. David Harris
4. Bart Scott
5. Mark Sanchez
Taking what Bart Scott does off the field out of account, I'd flip him out for Cotchery. Keeping it in account, I'll take Sanchize out for J-Co. Giving the rook a solid, go to WR has been huge, and he has produced in all three games. The running game hasn't been going and he's been the driving force in the passing game since Keller has been somewhat up and down (I presume defenses are keying on him), so I think he has to be on the list.

Otherwise I'd keep it the same though. The OL hasn't been playing great, the DE's and OLB's have been solid but unspectacular, same with the defensive backfield besides Revis. Harris has been a monster, and it's tough to ignore Baby Lockdown's play, but the big man in the middle is the key for this team. If he goes down I think it hurts the team's ability to win this season more than anybody else.
derza222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:31 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro

Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Joe Thomas>Jason Peters
Old 09-30-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
There's a difference between MVP and who would hurt the most to lose.
You're going to have to explain this one to me. I assumed the person who is most valuable to your team would be the exact same person who hurts the most to lose.

Now, I can see if a player is going above and beyond expectation that you want recognize him for that, but it doesn't make him your most valuable player.

for example, lets say Dwight Freeney is having a career year, maybe he eclipses his personal best of 16 sacks. But Peyton Manning does exactly what is expected of him (30+ TD's and 4,000 yards); Peyton Manning is still your most valuable player. It may hurt to lose either player, but I could see the Colts fighting through the play offs without Freeney. I just don't see similar results with Jim Sorgi leading that team.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But Michael Roos > Joe Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagingColt View Post

"Iíll kill a snitch. Iím not saying I have. Iím not saying I havenítÖĒ
This post just reeks of win.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:02 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo123 View Post
Obviously Adrian Peterson for the Vikings. If I did a top 5 it would look like this.

1. AD
2. Jared Allen
3. Kevin Williams
4. Steve Hutchinson
5. Antoine Winfield

HM- EJ Henderson, Pat Williams
Id probably take out Pat Williams and put in Cedric Griffin has played lights out thus far.
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
yo123
Legend

yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yo123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Zod View Post
Id probably take out Pat Williams and put in Cedric Griffin has played lights out thus far.

He's been pretty good yes, but I guess you could say I'm not super confident in him keeping it up haha. I've always hated him. Who knows though, maybe this is his breakout year.
yo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Actually there is access to them, here they are. You'd be extremely surprised to find out that Michael Roos is performing like one of the worst run blocking tackles in the NFL.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Ryan Clady is doing the second worst job of run blocking, averaging less than 1 yard per carry when the Broncos run behind him. Michael Roos is averaging just a smidge over 3.6 yards per carry. Clady has yet to surrender a sack in his first 19 games and I can't find the stats for Roos, but the Titans line has already allowed 8 QB sacks, and I would assume since Mario Williams typically lines up at RE he got his sack against Roos. So by my count he has allowed 1 sack and is paving the way for just over 3.6 yards a carry.

The top run blocking LT thus far is Bengals LT Andrew Whitworth with Jason Peters, Marcus McNiel, Jordan Gross and Donald Penn rounding out the top 5.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
the decider13
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Actually there is access to them, here they are. You'd be extremely surprised to find out that Michael Roos is performing like one of the worst run blocking tackles in the NFL.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/ol

Ryan Clady is doing the second worst job of run blocking, averaging less than 1 yard per carry when the Broncos run behind him. Michael Roos is averaging just a smidge over 3.6 yards per carry. Clady has yet to surrender a sack in his first 19 games and I can't find the stats for Roos, but the Titans line has already allowed 8 QB sacks, and I would assume since Mario Williams typically lines up at RE he got his sack against Roos. So by my count he has allowed 1 sack and is paving the way for just over 3.6 yards a carry.

The top run blocking LT thus far is Bengals LT Andrew Whitworth with Jason Peters, Marcus McNiel, Jordan Gross and Donald Penn rounding out the top 5.
Cinci's O-line looks pretty dominant on there. I do think that 3 weeks is way too small of a sample size to judge something like this though. Of course Dallas is number one, they had two huge rushing games. That doesn't make them the best run blockers in the NFL. Their next 5 games could be absolutely dismal. This will be more interesting at the end of the year though.

Especially after Clady goes two full seasons without allowing a sack. Beast mode.

EDIT: Using those same stats from last year, Clady was 5th in run blocking and the best pass blocker. Peters was 15th in run blocking.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-01-2009, 12:39 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Quote:
1. DeSean Jackson- 3 touchdown in three games, all 3 of which btw are over 60 yards. So far he has 12 receptions, 259 yards, 21.6 YPC, 2 Touchdowns, 418 all purpose yards, 307 yards from scrimmage and 1 85 yard TD punt return. He leads the NFL in in punt return average, he leads the NFL in YPC with receivers with 10 catches or more and was name the NFL's special teams player of the month. He is absolutely beasting.
Hey, lets not lose the focus on who the MVP is. DeSean "Big Play in the making" Jackson is just busy being a boss as usual. :D

Leading the NFL in punt return average, receiving average in receivers that have more than 10 receptions and tied in receptions over 40 yards.
Old 10-01-2009, 12:44 AM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Adrian Peterson, obviously.

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 01:55 AM    (permalink
Thecollegedropout
Pro Bowler

Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thecollegedropout is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickett View Post
1. Kris Jenkins
2. Darrelle Revis
3. David Harris
4. Bart Scott
5. Mark Sanchez
As much as I love Sanchez, I think we have to get an O-Lineman somewhere on here hence the Mangold love coming in. He had 1 bad mistake on Sunday but otherwise has been SOLID handling guys like Vince Wilfork and a strong guy like Amobi Okoye.

Cotchery and his 4th most receiving yds deserve a cool mention here too.
Thecollegedropout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 02:54 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thomas ************* Davis

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote