Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:22 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Jimmy Smith was gifted with Randy Moss' athleticism and talent (or the other way around, with Moss being given Smith's dedication to his craft), we'd have the greatest WR of all time.

Jimmy Smith ran immaculate routs and NEVER tipped off the defensive back (Chris McAlister once said that no matter what Jimmy did, be it a slant, curl or a block on a run play, he ALWAYS ran the first few steps of the route the EXACT same way, making it impossible to diagnose what he was going to do). Those are the two things Moss is not great at.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
1. Jerry Rice
2. Randy Moss

And it's debateable from there but you have to have these guys in this order to begin any credible list.
As a Packers fan you should know that Don Hutson deserves to in the very least be in the discussion for #2.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hutson is in the discussion BUT MOSS IS A DOUCHEBAG! :D
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JT Jag View Post
If Jimmy Smith was gifted with Randy Moss' athleticism and talent (or the other way around, with Moss being given Smith's dedication to his craft), we'd have the greatest WR of all time.

Jimmy Smith ran immaculate routs and NEVER tipped off the defensive back (Chris McAlister once said that no matter what Jimmy did, be it a slant, curl or a block on a run play, he ALWAYS ran the first few steps of the route the EXACT same way, making it impossible to diagnose what he was going to do). Those are the two things Moss is not great at.
John Madden would say a million times when I played the Jags on a old school version of Madden "Jimmy Smith has the ability to have a 100 200 or even 300 yard game" :).
Old 09-30-2009, 09:29 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
As a Packers fan you should know that Don Hutson deserves to in the very least be in the discussion for #2.
I was wondering when Hutson was going to get a mention.

Yes, the game was different when he played, but he was so ridiculously productive in his era, he's definitely in the conversation in my opinion.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
Mr.Regular
2008 NFL Mock Draft Champion
Veteran

Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr.Regular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
I was wondering when Hutson was going to get a mention.

Yes, the game was different when he played, but he was so ridiculously productive in his era, he's definitely in the conversation in my opinion.
Agreed. I think the list should always be Rice/Hutson 1/2. I understand the Moss love, but I think Hutson really changed the game and we all know how dominant Rice was.

Mr.Regular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

To me, Moss is the most talented, dominant and impactful WR of all-time.

edit: Though production doesn't lie. Jerry is still #1 but I stand by what I said above.

Last edited by TACKLE : 09-30-2009 at 11:15 PM.
TACKLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
BamaFalcon59
All-NFLDC

BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BamaFalcon59 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

IMO Rice is unquestionably the best and possibly the most dominant.

But there is a very good arguement for Moss being the best when on his game.

Next Up: 2012
BamaFalcon59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

wow, people saying he's better than Rice makes me shake my head.

he's #2 or #3 for sure though.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
wow, people saying he's better than Rice makes me shake my head.

he's #2 or #3 for sure though.
I think right now when you compare their production, it isn't much of an argument, but if you ask me who i want on my team for a game, at the prime of their career, i'm taking Randy Moss.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
I think right now when you compare their production, it isn't much of an argument, but if you ask me who i want on my team for a game, at the prime of their career, i'm taking Randy Moss.
Randy Moss is a fantastic player, but Jerry Rice has the jewelry
Old 09-30-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if any WR has ever had as big of an impact on defense as randy moss and his big play ability. Does that make him the best WR ever? Not necessarily, but I think it certainly puts him in the discussion.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Randy Moss is a fantastic player, but Jerry Rice has the jewelry
What the hell does it matter that Jerry Rice has rings? How does that make him a better WR than Randy Moss?
Old 09-30-2009, 11:06 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I don't know if any WR has ever had as big of an impact on defense as randy moss and his big play ability. Does that make him the best WR ever? Not necessarily, but I think it certainly puts him in the discussion.
If you're going with that, Don Hutson wins, because when Hutson started in the league, they did not double team receivers. Everyone played straight up one on one. Then he put up numbers equivalent to the next three guys combined
Old 09-30-2009, 11:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It helped that Jerry Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young throwing to him as well. Moss has only had Brady for a year now and a couple of games now.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetSox17 View Post
What the hell does it matter that Jerry Rice has rings? How does that make him a better WR than Randy Moss?
The goal is to win the Superbowl and Jerry Rice was at his best on the biggest stage.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Mr. Rodgers' Neighborhood
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Regular View Post
Slipped my mind. Some say Don Hutson was Jerry Rice before Jerry Rice was.

tjsunstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
It helped that Jerry Rice had Joe Montana and Steve Young throwing to him as well. Moss has only had Brady for a year now and a couple of games now.
And that ridiculously stacked Minnesota team that choked to the Falcons.

And isn't this year 3 of Moss in New England?
Old 09-30-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.tjsunstein is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It helps that Joe Montana and Steve Young had Jerry Rice to throw to.

Old 09-30-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

It's his 3rd year but Brady was out all of last year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:10 PM    (permalink
tjsunstein
Icon

Quote:

A year and a couple games would mean all of '07 and a couple games this year. Brady was out last year, 'member?

Old 09-30-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

Quote:
The goal is to win the Superbowl and Jerry Rice was at his best on the biggest stage.
That's ********. A WR probably has the least in his control on whether his team is successful or not, so i don't know why you're trying to use Super Bowl wins as a barometer for greatness between Rice and Moss.
Old 09-30-2009, 11:12 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

Quote:
It's his 3rd year but Brady was out all of last year.
Fair enough.

I still do not see how anyone can rule out championships... that is the whole point
Old 09-30-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If you're going with that, Don Hutson wins, because when Hutson started in the league, they did not double team receivers. Everyone played straight up one on one. Then he put up numbers equivalent to the next three guys combined
Fair enough, I just think Randy's impact on the passing game even when he isn't touching the ball is mindblowing and have never seen Hutson play.

Quote:

That ridiculously stacked Minnesota team still had a mediocre defense which the 9ers never really suffered from.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:14 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shouldn't we answer this question once Randy Moss's career is done?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote