Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Oakland Raiders Team Forum

Oakland Raiders Team Forum Discuss the Raiders

Old 10-04-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
Paranoidmoonduck
Team Leader
All-Pro

Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paranoidmoonduck is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russell actually looked better this week. That's not saying much, but it is something. That said, Murphy had a really rough game. One nice catch was taken away from him, but he had way too many drops. Heyward-Bey is just as rough as we feared.

But the offensive playcalling was the obvious sore point. It was truly dreadful.
Paranoidmoonduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Im so damn sick of this team... this team SUCKS its the worst and it comes from Al davis and trickles down to the coaches and players, they all dont give a crap as long as they get a pay check thats the whole mentality and its not the players fault entirely its the upper management. They have this lackluster attitude with everything ohhh its ok when it is smells like a steaming pile of you know what. Having players smile and clap when they are getting blown out. The whole raider family from players from the past who support what al davis is doing are bunch of lames as well non have the guts to say hey there is something seriously wrong with the way this is going on. Rich Gannon is right he says how it is so did every other player that bashes the raiders who played for this team from Sapp, Garcia to even Moss.

I dont see how any fan of this team can have a signal of hope for the future with the way things are going on. It will be a endless black hole of wasted talent in Oakland and it will be that way for a long time. My gut is telling me Al will still be around for the next 10 years even though he has had health issues. Also if ownership were to change due to Al's health it would go to his son i assume if thats the case who knows he might be just as bad.

I dont know how any of you feel about this team but im pretty much done Al has tested my loyalty way to much and it has cracked for good i just cant bare to give any glimpse of hope to this team anymore.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
Russell actually looked better this week. That's not saying much, but it is something. That said, Murphy had a really rough game. One nice catch was taken away from him, but he had way too many drops. Heyward-Bey is just as rough as we feared.

But the offensive playcalling was the obvious sore point. It was truly dreadful.
give you props for seeing possitive in this team anymore!
Old 10-04-2009, 07:24 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurve View Post
Im so damn sick of this team... this team SUCKS its the worst and it comes from Al davis and trickles down to the coaches and players, they all dont give a crap as long as they get a pay check thats the whole mentality and its not the players fault entirely its the upper management. They have this lackluster attitude with everything ohhh its ok when it is smells like a steaming pile of you know what. Having players smile and clap when they are getting blown out. The whole raider family from players from the past who support what al davis is doing are bunch of lames as well non have the guts to say hey there is something seriously wrong with the way this is going on. Rich Gannon is right he says how it is so did every other player that bashes the raiders who played for this team from Sapp, Garcia to even Moss.

I dont see how any fan of this team can have a signal of hope for the future with the way things are going on. It will be a endless black hole of wasted talent in Oakland and it will be that way for a long time. My gut is telling me Al will still be around for the next 10 years even though he has had health issues. Also if ownership were to change due to Al's health it would go to his son i assume if thats the case who knows he might be just as bad.

I dont know how any of you feel about this team but im pretty much done Al has tested my loyalty way to much and it has cracked for good i just cant bare to give any glimpse of hope to this team anymore.
I'm almost there dude...almost but not quite....Would anyone hold it against me if i just became a football fan without a team???

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:29 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bernbabybern820 View Post
The playcalling is so damn vanilla. It's either zone left, zone right, toss left, or toss right on running plays. Can we ever pull a lineman or use misdirection?
That's because we currently don't have the personnel to run some of these plays adequately. Cable has placed such an emphasis on the offensive fundamentals this offseason that it's even carried over into his playcalling. It's all a matter of trust from Russell to his teammates to the entire coaching staff.

We lost arguably our best pulling lineman and easily our best lineman overall (Gallery) to injury, which obviously limits what we're able to do. Henderson looked lost and too slow on one of the few times we attempted to pull somebody, IIRC.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 07:32 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
I'm almost there dude...almost but not quite....Would anyone hold it against me if i just became a football fan without a team???

Being a loyal Raider fan is like having battered woman syndrome you tend to keep coming back no matter how beat up physically and mentally you are by them!

I wouldn't hold it against you i wish i could like another team but i just cant..
Old 10-04-2009, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just go into every week expecting to lose, it lessens the blow. Then I hope that another team I hate gets their butt kicked to cheer me up.
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stash View Post
I just go into every week expecting to lose, it lessens the blow. Then I hope that another team I hate gets their butt kicked to cheer me up.
True i love seeing teams i hate get there butts kicked but then most of that went out of the window with this fantasy football crap im into now i have to root for players who are on those teams.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
slightlyaraiderfan
All-NFLDC

slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.slightlyaraiderfan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's to the point where i don't give a **** anymore.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:06 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im starting to watch until the 2nd, if we are losing I just change the channel

My Raiders Mock

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to suggest there's a major disconnect between Russell and starting receiver DHB. It's never good for a QB with well-documented confidence issues to be paired up with a receiver with similar issues of his own. Virtually one side of the field is being neglected a good majority of the time, as a result - this is obvious. Not exactly what Al envisioned when he drafted DHB thinking he and Russell would form a bond for years to come. This is the risk you take when you favor speed (DHB) over substance (Crabtree).
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

**** DMC is out a few weeks with a meniscus tear and Cornell Green is out a few weeks with a calf strain

My Raiders Mock

Old 10-06-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
Stash
Pro Bowler

Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Stash is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
**** DMC is out a few weeks with a meniscus tear and Cornell Green is out a few weeks with a calf strain
Sucks about DMC, but the great news about Cornell partly makes up for it!
Stash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

Maybe Barnes is healthy enough and gets a shot at either RT or LG if we move Pears to RT

My Raiders Mock

Old 10-06-2009, 08:46 AM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderNation View Post
Maybe Barnes is healthy enough and gets a shot at either RT or LG if we move Pears to RT
Sad to say but Green is twice as good as Pears.

sig by jagfan33
Peyton Manning Fanboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Complex View Post
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote