Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-04-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Vox Populi
Pro Bowler

Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Vox Populi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarioPalmer View Post
Lewis is so set on making this a run first team. I don't get that. In 2005 they were an all out attack and every team in the league knew they were going to pass and the Bengals didn't care, they dared you to stop them. Now it's like they are scared to go that route again. I don't know why.
Because Palmer gets injured and their season ends when that happens?
Vox Populi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I could have sworn they were, I guess not then. Sorry bout that.

Trst me, thats what worries me. I wish they were beating teams in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd quarters instead of the 4th quarters. I'm worried that once they get handled by a team that won't allow them to come back late in the game they will fall apart. I don't have much faith in Lewis and Brat (OC) in getting the offensive up off the ground if they get knocked out for a game. I was really expecting them to come out guns'a'blazing in todays game against the Browns but the play calling was so damn bland. It was was run, run, pass and punt. It was a very easy offense for the Browns to counter;. And when Benson can't get chunks of yards and establish the running game then the play action doesn't work and then thats where I think the Bengals get in trouble.

Lewis is so set on making this a run first team. I don't get that. In 2005 they were an all out attack and every team in the league knew they were going to pass and the Bengals didn't care, they dared you to stop them. Now it's like they are scared to go that route again. I don't know why.
Because we had one of the best offense lines in football in 2005 and now we can barly protect the QB
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Have you seen their schedule??? Their toughest opponents are Division rivals....they can get 10 wins against the Chiefs, Raiders, Browns, Lions, and Texans...then they would need a few upsets
They would need 3 wins against the ravens twice, steelers again (in pit), vikings, bears, jets and chargers (in sd). I think that is a tough ask..
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:50 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
They would need 3 wins against the ravens twice, steelers again (in pit), vikings, bears, jets and chargers (in sd). I think that is a tough ask..
A really tough task, I don't know if we're up for it to be honest. I'm just happy I'm not watching Ryan Fitzpatrick throw it anymore though. 3-1 is a good start for any team, regardless of the luck or clutch or whatever we want to call it that has miraculously won us all 3 of our victories.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they will contend for the wildcard. Probably end up 9-7 or 8-8

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707
Winston > Mariota

RaiderNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think they can upset the Chargers, the Ravens at home, and the Bears

The raven game will be the toughest of the 3

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:53 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
A really tough task, I don't know if we're up for it to be honest. I'm just happy I'm not watching Ryan Fitzpatrick throw it anymore though. 3-1 is a good start for any team, regardless of the luck or clutch or whatever we want to call it that has miraculously won us all 3 of our victories.
I say clutch, because that means I can keep calling the Broncos clutch instead of luck. ;)
Old 10-04-2009, 11:54 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Quote:
I think they can upset the Chargers, the Ravens at home, and the Bears

The raven game will be the toughest of the 3
I would be happy with that. Beating the Chargers gives us a better shot at the division titel, and beating da Bears gets us a better draft pick.
Old 10-04-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer MarioPalmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vox Populi View Post
Because Palmer gets injured and their season ends when that happens?
I know that, but they need to be more proactive in the passing game, instead of using it as their last resort. Everyone knows once Palmer goes down the Bengals are finished, but they have to take some gambles. On todays first few drives they were mixing up the pass and run quite well, and they were looking like they were moving the ball very well, then they go back to the bland run on 1st, run on 2nd and then throw on 3rd if there is no first down gained.

As a fan it's crazy frustrating. Especially when you know you have a gunslinger behind center. It's like they are wussafying the offense.
MarioPalmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2009, 11:58 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know that, but they need to be more proactive in the passing game, instead of using it as their last resort. Everyone knows once Palmer goes down the Bengals are finished, but they have to take some gambles. On todays first few drives they were mixing up the pass and run quite well, and they were looking like they were moving the ball very well, then they go back to the bland run on 1st, run on 2nd and then throw on 3rd if there is no first down gained.

As a fan it's crazy frustrating. Especially when you know you have a gunslinger behind center. It's like they are wussafying the offense.
Carson is more of a Game Manger then a Gunslinger now since his injurys
Old 10-04-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
I would be happy with that. Beating the Chargers gives us a better shot at the division titel, and beating da Bears gets us a better draft pick.
LOL Hey, if the Bengals go 10-6 or even 9-7 I will be super excited and that would mean they are in it till the end of the season. That would only be their second winning season of the last decade. So yeah, a winning season is the main goal, I just hope a playoff appearance is in the works as well. That would be awesome. I hate seeing Chad and Carson playing golf in Jan.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Palmer actually did take some shots down field though, they just didn't work out (for example, that INT).
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 12:00 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Carson is more of a Game Manger then a Gunslinger now since his injurys
Hey, he still has the arm to sling it. I just wish they would open up the passing attack a bit more. I think it would make the Bengals more lethal.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:01 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
San Diego is so Soft on Defense now you should take the divison if Broncos dont go 6-0 in Divison that would be a Epic Fail
Old 10-05-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
Hey, he still has the arm to sling it. I just wish they would open up the passing attack a bit more. I think it would make the Bengals more lethal.
If by arm u mean Overthrowing WR or Underthrowing WR then yes
Old 10-05-2009, 12:03 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
Palmer actually did take some shots down field though, they just didn't work out (for example, that INT).
BVUt you have to admit, they don't open it up nearly enough. And Carson still has a top notch arm. I would put it in the same category of Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Matt Schaub and definitely stronger then Rivers, Romo and Hasselback. So he is in good company in terms of arm strength.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Quote:
BVUt you have to admit, they don't open it up nearly enough. And Carson still has a top notch arm. I would put it in the same category of Matt Ryan, Drew Brees, Tom Brady, Matt Schaub and definitely stronger then Rivers, Romo and Hasselback. So he is in good company in terms of arm strength.
Yea but there Play calling sucks and when he does get to throw the ball he throws in to Double Coverage or dumps it to the TE or RB
Old 10-05-2009, 12:07 AM    (permalink
CT Bronco Fan
Team Leader
Veteran

CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CT Bronco Fan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think they're a solid team...should be 4-0 but it is what it is....i say they end up with 10 wins
If Orton didn't have a mental breakdown and threw the ball away instead of taking that sack, the score would of been 9-0, and the miracle tipped ball would of never happened. So basically it's a wash imo.

The Bronco Bengal game originally looked like two really bad teams just going at each other, however 4 weeks in it almost seems like it was two really good teams who went at it. Impressed very much with Cincy so far.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:13 AM    (permalink
MarioPalmer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CT Bronco Fan View Post
If Orton didn't have a mental breakdown and threw the ball away instead of taking that sack, the score would of been 9-0, and the miracle tipped ball would of never happened. So basically it's a wash imo.

The Bronco Bengal game originally looked like two really bad teams just going at each other, however 4 weeks in it almost seems like it was two really good teams who went at it. Impressed very much with Cincy so far.
Thanks, thats what me and my dad were talking about today. We were saying who would have thought a month ago that the Bengals and the Broncos would be two of the better teams in football and two teams that are looking like they are on the right track to go to the playoffs?

I'm impressed with the Bengals, I just wish the offense would get the lead out and start taking it to teams in the first half. I think once they do that, they can really be a good team and a really scary team.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We definitely have a long way to go but the talent is there. Our offense hasn't really hit on all cylinders yet but when it does it's going to be very fun to watch.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:03 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I say yes. Ive been pimping Cinncy as an up and coming team for awhile now.

Benson is forreal, and Ive felt that defense was on the verge of breaking out at any moment.

This team is forreal, and will fight Baltimore for the AFC North title.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:10 AM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the statement that the talent is there, they just need some more development. I don't think I'll ever be sold on Marvin Lewis as a Super Bowl winning coach so that may be the issue.

In regards to them competing for a division title this year? I'm sorry but there is no way that is happening. I see a team that is 8-8 at best and Baltimore will win at least 10-11 games this year. I still see them finishing third behind the Ravens and Steelers.

They are definitely progressing though, there are just a few more kinks that they need to work out before I can call them contenders.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 08:22 AM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cincinnati has a very good shot at 10 or 11 victories. It is the 1st year since his injury that Palmer has been healthy and it is showing in his play. Add in a defense that is playing solid football and you have a recipe for success. They will give Baltimore a good run for their money.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Bengals are the type of team that can win or lose against anyone.

They beat the Steelers and Packers, but almost lost to the Browns.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
Jvig43
Icon

Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jvig43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The chargers game will most likely be a shootout from what we saw of their D last night, Benson should be able to run all over them much like mendenhall did. Ravens, thats a tough one to win, Cincy is going to need alot things to go their way that game. As for the Bears, maybe Cincys D can turn Cutler into a interception throwing machine like GB but Idk about that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMD View Post
Jesse realizing Walt was Santa Claus could really shake things up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
I don't know how old you are, but if you can get to 24/25 without getting arrested or killed, you've done well for yourself lol.
Jvig43 is offline   Reply With Quote