Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 04-17-2010, 09:28 PM    (permalink
chapo123
Veteran

chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.chapo123 is a cocksman.

my mock:

1. sam bradford - qb
2. arrelious benn - wr
3. joe mcknight - rb
4. ed dickson - te
5. marshal newhouse - g
6. mike neal - dt
7. dorian brooks - g
chapo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 11:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisfan37 View Post
There have been rumors floating around that the Rams and Browns have been talking about a trade so the Browns could take Bradford. Of course Holmgren tried to minimize it but there could be something to it. I think this would be a fantastic move on the part of the Rams if they could get an additional 2nd rounder this year and a 1st rounder in next year's draft. I have said all along that I think Bradford is being somewhat overly hyped due to the weak QB class, and I would much rather put more pieces together in this year's draft, especially on the offensive line.

In any case, if this trade were to come to fruition, does anyone have any ideas about what the Rams might do at #7? Eric Berry would be awfully tempting if he were still available, as would Trent Williams. There is also a lot of talk of Philadelphia wanting to trade into the top 10 to get Berry, which could be very intriguing as well. We could trade down twice, draft a guy like Kyle Wilson or maybe Sean Weatherspoon. We would also then have a handful of second day picks which would increase our talent level tremendously. And we would have two 1st rounders in next year's draft that would give us the ability to come away with the franchise QB we really want...Jake Locker.

At TE in the 3rd round I would prefer a guy like Dennis Pitta over Hernandez. While Pitta may not be quite the athlete that Hernandez is, his speed and numbers at the combine were somewhat surprising, he has excellent hands and, while blocking is not something he has a ton of experience in doing, he is a very hard worker and strikes me as the kind of guy that would do whatever his team asked of him. Kind of reminds me of John Carlson from Seattle.

Additionally, I think that our first pick in the 4th round could be very valuable. There is always a guy with a late 1st/early 2nd ranking that slips through the cracks and makes it to that spot in the 4th round. Considering how deep this draft is that pick could also be one that brings strong trade offers.
Cribbs, 1st, 2nd, 2-3rds and next years 1st. Only way I do it, are the Browns that dumb? Holmgren rumored to be trying to trade up for Bradford just reassures me that Bradford is going to be very good.

Last edited by holt_bruce81 : 04-17-2010 at 11:50 PM.
holt_bruce81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5119438

Carriker traded to Redskins to move up in the 5th round. We now have the 135 pick instead of the 163 pick.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post

Carriker traded to Redskins to move up in the 5th round. We now have the 135 pick instead of the 163 pick.
hmmmm the first time I have really questioned Devaney...but really how the hell...

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:18 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how about now the possibility of Brain Price with the 33rd pick? I'd want that

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 05:19 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

1.) I would've rather had Carriker to see if he can actually get healthy.
2.) If we were hell-bent on trading him, a 6th or 7th rounder would've been better than just a 5th round swap.
3.) We essentially gave up Will Witherspoon AND Adam Carriker for the 5.4 pick. And you wonder why we only won one game last year...

Next up Chris Long for 6th rounder!
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 06:08 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post

I'm fine with that. I've said for a while that I wasn't convinced Carriker was even going to make the 2010 roster. Just to break down this trade, the Rams gained picks 135 and 211, combined point value of 45.5. They gave the Redskins picks 163 and 208, combined point value of 34.4. Carriker made up the difference, accounting for 11.1 points in trade value, about the same as the 201st pick in the draft, a seventh rounder. This trade moves the Rams up 28 spots in the fifth round, which is pretty solid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
how about now the possibility of Brain Price with the 33rd pick? I'd want that
How about the possibility of Ndamukong Suh with the 1st pick!!! Sorry, a man can dream. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
1.) I would've rather had Carriker to see if he can actually get healthy.
2.) If we were hell-bent on trading him, a 6th or 7th rounder would've been better than just a 5th round swap.
3.) We essentially gave up Will Witherspoon AND Adam Carriker for the 5.4 pick. And you wonder why we only won one game last year...

Next up Chris Long for 6th rounder!
1) Even when he was healthy last summer, Spags had him running with the second or third team.

2) Maybe the Redskins wouldn't part with a pick for a player since they have so few picks.

3) You're right, because Will Witherspoon became a cornerstone for the Eagles defense. Oh wait, they cut him after the season. ;)
Old 04-20-2010, 08:45 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://espn.go.com/espnradio/player?...sign=ESPNRADIO

Good Sam Bradford interview. I found Mr. Bradford to be rather funny!
Old 04-21-2010, 10:20 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post

3) You're right, because Will Witherspoon became a cornerstone for the Eagles defense. Oh wait, they cut him after the season. ;)
We are looking at a starting lineup of Diggs, Laurinitus, and Vobora. You can't tell me Witherspoon wouldn't be an upgrade at either side of James.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:09 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I think the Eagles cut Will Witherspoon because he was due to make 5 million, not because of his play on the field.

Just discussing this last night with my brother......what do you all think of a Eli/Phillip type trade?

Rams take Gerald McCoy, Lions take Ndamukong Suh.......Tampa Bay would be kind of stuck, all through this process I've been hearing Tampa Bay is going to select one of the two Defensive Tackles but what if none of them are there? Rams work out something before the draft, we take McCoy over Suh because I think the Lions may take Okung over McCoy if they had the choice, but not Suh. Bucs draft Bradford and then trade Bradford and their 2nd round pick to the Rams for McCoy.

Ok ok, maybe I'm just in la la land now.
Old 04-21-2010, 05:32 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
We are looking at a starting lineup of Diggs, Laurinitus, and Vobora. You can't tell me Witherspoon wouldn't be an upgrade at either side of James.
Two teams - both the Rams and the Eagles - got a look at him first hand last year and passed. I don't hold Diggs or Vobora in high regard, but I think it's tough to make an argument that Witherspoon is head and shoulders better than them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
I think the Eagles cut Will Witherspoon because he was due to make 5 million, not because of his play on the field.
He was due to make $5 million over two years, and I believe his play on the field had something to do with it, yes. Otherwise, why not renegotiate the contract or cut/re-sign him?
Old 04-22-2010, 01:54 AM    (permalink
stlouisfan37
Veteran

stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.stlouisfan37 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a little off the subject, but today I read an article about websites that have NFL Draft Props for betting on the draft. I didn't realize there was such a thing. Have any of you guys done this before? Does it look easier than it really is?
stlouisfan37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 11:09 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like that fisrt pick of the 2nd round is going to be worth a lot more than we thought. We knew the Rams would have players fall to that pick, but Jimmy Clausen is going to be a high priority. Could be a ton of calls for th Rams though the night.

Old 04-22-2010, 11:33 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Suh and Clausen...god I would kill for that draft...oh well nothing we can do about this now...but I'm bout half way to killing someone right now

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so now were back on the clock now who do we pick at 33?

Old 04-23-2010, 12:36 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
so now were back on the clock now who do we pick at 33?
Daryl Washington, Regus Benn, Golden Tate, or heck maybe even one of the Offensive Tackles if they don't think Barron has a future with the Organization.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:08 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

I think you've got to give Everson Griffen a look, unless you think you can pull off a deal for Osi Umenyiora. A weapon for Bradford would be great, but am I convinced that Golden Tate is one of the best values on the board? Not really. I think the idea of Washington as our WLB, but the best option for the Rams may be to trade down.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:12 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, best option for me is to trade down and then take a WR for Bradford to throw it to. And Bradford the pick at the time was good. However, knowing Claussen fell and we coulda got Claussen and Suh: it kinda sucks, but no one saw Claussen falling to 33, so Bradford was the right choice. Sure, its gonna be hard for him at first, but we were picking #1 for a reason.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:39 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

The fact that Clausen ended up being there didn't mean a whole lot to me, because I would have been happy with Suh and then Colt McCoy in round two. Turns out he was available, too. Still, not much we can do now but cheer for the guy the Rams did pick. Bradford is very talented and, if he can stay healthy, has the potential to be very good in this league. Hopefully the Rams add some more supporting players for him.
Old 04-23-2010, 08:45 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

Having BOTH Clausen and McCoy fall to the second actually hurt the Rams in my opinion. Had one of them gone in round 1, the value of our 33rd pick would be much higher. Hopefully we can trade down 5-10 picks and get an extra 3rd or 4th.

Other than Clausen, I just don't really see and big time first round talent falling into the second like years past. Kind of disappointing....
Old 04-23-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Rams quarterback Sam Bradford will be wearing #8 for them, according to the Rams' Twitter account.
Old 04-23-2010, 02:14 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

Buffalo and Cleveland are both contacting the Rams about the 33rd pick according to Schefter on ESPN. Looks like a trade could happen Cleveland has 3 3rd round picks.

Old 04-23-2010, 03:30 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

Quote:
Devaney said today that as he prepared for the NFL draft, he firmly expected to use the first pick in the second round to select whoever was at the top of the Rams' board after the first day. But now that he's had time to evaluate the Rams' options, he expects to make a trade.

"I would be surprised if we stayed at 33," Devaney said in an interview on ESPN Radio.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-33/?related=1

Old 04-23-2010, 04:38 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Anyone else hear Michael Lombardi say some teams are willing to give up a 1st rounder to move up to #33?
Old 04-23-2010, 05:15 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Anyone else hear Michael Lombardi say some teams are willing to give up a 1st rounder to move up to #33?
No, and I'd be pretty surprised if they did.