Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 05-05-2010, 04:06 AM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Steven Jackson had back surgery

must be from carrying your team for the last 5 years :)

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/...k-surgery.html

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:12 AM    (permalink
YAYareaRB
All-NFLDC

YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.YAYareaRB is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys signed my cousin. NICE!

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/f...52369&srvc=rss

YAYareaRB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:35 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=5168322

Looks like we are in the process in making a trade for Bobby Carpenter. What we are giving up, ALex Barron. Saffold must have looked really good in rookie camp.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"

Last edited by freebirdsrams02 : 05-06-2010 at 02:53 PM.
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:43 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laurintis & Carpenter makes me really exciting for our defense of the future tOSU D, I'm expecting better things for our defense this year

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 04:03 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=5168322

Looks like we are in the process in making a trade for Bobby Carpenter. What we are giving up, ALex Barron. Saffold must have looked really good in rookie camp.
I feel pretty good about that move. I'm not a fan of Barron, and at worst Carpenter can compete for time in a weak group of OLBs.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:09 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
It’s looking more and more like the Alex Barron trade to Dallas will happen, league sources told the Post-Dispatch on Thursday afternoon. The Rams would receive linebacker Bobby Carpenter in exchange for Barron.

Again, Barron must sign his one-year tender as a restricted free agent before he can be traded, and the earliest that can happen with the contract turned into the league is now Friday.

Obviously both players must pass a physical as well, which is standard procedure for any trade.

The Rams plan to start second-year man Jason Smith at left tackle and rookie second-round pick Rodger Saffold in 2010 to protect No. 1 overall draft pick Sam Bradford at quarterback.

Carpenter, a first-round disappointment in Dallas — some would say bust — projects as a weakside linebacker in St. Louis. He has started only one regular-season game for Dallas since being drafted in 2006 out of Ohio State.

Barron, who has started 74 games since being selected in the first round in 2005, would be a swing tackle with the Cowboys.
http://interact.stltoday.com/blogzon...e-will-happen/
Old 05-06-2010, 07:17 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Alot of Cowboy fans have been saying for years if Carp was in a 4-3 he'd be a very solid player. That remains to be seen but he's a good pick-up for you guys, I wish him the best. He just never fit what we were doing here in the 3-4, and he changed positions so many different times.

I think he'll surprise some people with his play in the 4-3, don't expect him to be physical or a guy who loves contact and cleans up the mess inside, but his coverage will be very solid and he can make plays in space. It's one of the rare player for player deals that will actually work out for both teams. If we ever have to start Barron something went really wrong, but it's nice to have insurance because Robert Brewster, our 3rd rounder in 2008, is a big risk to rely on to play LT if Free is hurt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 10:28 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some people are saying this isn't a great pick because Barron has proven more than Carpenter but with Saffold and Smith in the mix and our LB corp being absolutely horrendous, plus Carpenter projecting to be much better in the 4-3 than in the 3-4 I am willing to give up some slight value as a way to fill a much needed hole at either SLB or WLB, which ever he plays

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope they get to talkin' about Otogwe. :|
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
Some people are saying this isn't a great pick because Barron has proven more than Carpenter but with Saffold and Smith in the mix and our LB corp being absolutely horrendous, plus Carpenter projecting to be much better in the 4-3 than in the 3-4 I am willing to give up some slight value as a way to fill a much needed hole at either SLB or WLB, which ever he plays
I would imagine Carpenter being plugged in at Weakside. He's big enough to handle the strongside, but I don't think he's physical enough.
Old 05-07-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Yea, Carpenter would probably play on the weak side, with Diggs and Vobora fighting for the strong side spot.
Old 05-08-2010, 01:34 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yah, I've seen talk about him at WLB, which I'm fine with. A couple of my Cowboy friends say he looked pretty good as a nickel LB this past season so I think this could be a pretty good trade is retrospect.

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 01:21 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trade completed!!

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=5177715

Old 05-13-2010, 06:38 AM    (permalink
tenorx
Rookie

tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.tenorx could make a wolverine purr.

Hey guys, do you have any info about Darian Stewart? One of my favorites, i wonder how he did at the camp.
"Not only is Polamalu the best player in the AFC North, but I feel he's the best defensive player in the entire NFL. No defender in the league combines world-class athleticism, smarts, fundamentals, natural football instincts and the knack for big plays better than Polamalu."
tenorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 10:13 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Nothing that I heard.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:56 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I was just on the cowboys' board and the rams came up and I just remembered how much I like your offensive set up. I figure you'll have a top 10 pick next year and that'll give you one the #1 receivers in this upcoming draft. A high caliber OL, stud RB, franchise QB and nice young trio of receivers. That's an offense that'll score a lot of points once they all start hitting their Primes and fortunately they'll all get to grow together around SJ. I'm sure I've mentioned this before but I'm braindead from writing this final paper and need to procrastinate for a little while.

Just such a shame that you guys don't have the piece right now to let spags go wild with that D, although if you can find a stud DL with your second pick and a safety with your third you could be in a much better situation since I do like your young corners a lot and Chris Long and Clifton Ryan are two good pieces to start with along that DL.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.

Last edited by Rosebud : 05-17-2010 at 04:58 AM.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:04 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

This offense was one of the worst in a long time last year, so I don't think it's turned the page overnight. "A high caliber OL" is an interesting way to describe them. That sounds like it's counting on a lot of things to happen - Smith to make an efficient transition to LT, Saffold to handle RT duties as a rookie, finding a starting RG in there somewhere - but the most important being the group staying healthy. The Rams haven't had a healthy line for a full season since 2003, so we'll see what happens. I do like the idea of targeting one of the top receivers in next year's draft, because I don't think this team has a true #1 playmaker at the position. Big hole at tight end right now as well, and Jackson is showing the wear and tear of a guy who has had to carry the load too much over the last few seasons. Finding a capable back-up who could start in a pinch should be a priority for this team. And I say all that assuming the QB spot has been solved for ten plus years, which may or may not be the case.
Old 05-17-2010, 04:18 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
This offense was one of the worst in a long time last year, so I don't think it's turned the page overnight. "A high caliber OL" is an interesting way to describe them. That sounds like it's counting on a lot of things to happen - Smith to make an efficient transition to LT, Saffold to handle RT duties as a rookie, finding a starting RG in there somewhere - but the most important being the group staying healthy. The Rams haven't had a healthy line for a full season since 2003, so we'll see what happens. I do like the idea of targeting one of the top receivers in next year's draft, because I don't think this team has a true #1 playmaker at the position. Big hole at tight end right now as well, and Jackson is showing the wear and tear of a guy who has had to carry the load too much over the last few seasons. Finding a capable back-up who could start in a pinch should be a priority for this team. And I say all that assuming the QB spot has been solved for ten plus years, which may or may not be the case.
It hasn't turned the page yet, but the pieces are there for them to be pretty beastly once they all peak and I like pretty much all of the prospects they've added. I was a huge fan of Smith last year and Saffold this year. So they're not high caliber yet but I think they will be with Bell, Brown and ??? between those two.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Old 05-21-2010, 08:53 AM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

A top notch receiver in round 1 next year would be nice, but I think we have to address our defense in a major way in the 2011 draft. Spags is a defensive minded coach and we need to give him the pieces to win his way. If we went DE, DT, and LB in the first three rounds I would be happy. As mentioned before, we have got to get a quality backup RB for Sjax. He simply can't be trusted for a full season anymore.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:54 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
A top notch receiver in round 1 next year would be nice, but I think we have to address our defense in a major way in the 2011 draft. Spags is a defensive minded coach and we need to give him the pieces to win his way. If we went DE, DT, and LB in the first three rounds I would be happy. As mentioned before, we have got to get a quality backup RB for Sjax. He simply can't be trusted for a full season anymore.
I like our WR core right now. I think Defense is the way to go, but it is to early to tell. Julio Jones and A.J. Green would be hard to pass up next year if they are there when we draft.

Old 05-22-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
I like our WR core right now. I think Defense is the way to go, but it is to early to tell. Julio Jones and A.J. Green would be hard to pass up next year if they are there when we draft.
Julio Jones wouldn't, but yeah AJ Green would.
Old 05-23-2010, 06:10 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Spags is a defensive minded coach but give him enough good pass rushers and good corners and he'll build a strong defense, I think if you guys can nab Green or Floyd that would set that offense up really nicely. Then spend the rest of your picks on defensive lineman and a RB. That offense would need another year to really start clicking which gives you one more draft to load up the defense.

BK

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Old 06-01-2010, 11:22 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
No deal with Rams and OJ Atogwe and no new tender. The safety is an unrestricted free agent.
From Jason La Canfora's Twitter, 13 minutes ago.
Old 06-02-2010, 05:25 AM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
From Jason La Canfora's Twitter, 13 minutes ago.
A classy guy, but no where near worth the money the Rams would of had to pay him. Very overrated as a player.
Old 06-03-2010, 06:48 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The St. Louis Rams remain the favorites to sign safety Oshiomogho Atogwe, even after their failure to reach a contract agreement with him Tuesday night allowed him to become a free agent, according to two sources familiar with the situation. One of the sources, who has spoken with Rams management in recent days, said negotiations between the sides have remained amicable even in the absence of an agreement. And even though the Miami Dolphins are making a strong push, the environment remains favorable for a deal that would return Atogwe to St. Louis.
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/06/02/s...ns-in-pursuit/