Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > St. Louis Rams Team Forum

St. Louis Rams Team Forum Discuss the Rams

Old 03-11-2010, 11:03 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
Would anyone give up a 5th round pick for Omar Gaither? Rams have two draft picks in the 5th round, so I say why not? He could be a solid Weakside backer for us. Better than what we got.
Maybe? I don't know, I'm kind of indifferent on the idea. I'm sure he'd be an upgrade, but I like the idea of having as many picks as possible.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NGSeiler View Post
Maybe? I don't know, I'm kind of indifferent on the idea. I'm sure he'd be an upgrade, but I like the idea of having as many picks as possible.
But Gaither is 25? 26? years old and already has established himself as a player in this league. I'd take a young established linebacker for a 5th round pick rather than drafting a linebacker in the 5th round and hoping he can play.
Old 03-11-2010, 01:18 PM    (permalink
KCJ58
Icon

KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.KCJ58 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But Gaither is 25? 26? years old and already has established himself as a player in this league. I'd take a young established linebacker for a 5th round pick rather than drafting a linebacker in the 5th round and hoping he can play.

gotta agree with you there but will the Eagles part way with him with just a 5th rounder? He was a 5th round pick but I like to think he's a little more valuable to his team then that, but I could be wrong

KCJ58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 02:05 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCJ58 View Post
gotta agree with you there but will the Eagles part way with him with just a 5th rounder? He was a 5th round pick but I like to think he's a little more valuable to his team then that, but I could be wrong
They tendered him to a 5th round level. So I would assume so.
Old 03-11-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NGSeiler is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
We're talking about a linebacker who, prior to getting injured and having Lisfranc surgery (which he's still recovering from, I believe), was splitting time with Jeremiah "Haven't Played Since 2007" Trotter.

I think the only thing Gaither has established is that he's not a vital part of Philadelphia's plans moving forward, as demonstrated by the fifth round tender.

Maybe he would be preferable to a 5th round rookie, but whose to say the Rams don't strike on an OLB earlier than that if the value is there? I'm just not sure settling for another team's unwanted back-up is a great way to improve.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

With reports that the Redskins are interested in Carriker, what do you guy see as a fair trade off. I would have to think that Andre Carter would be involved.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
With reports that the Redskins are interested in Carriker, what do you guy see as a fair trade off. I would have to think that Andre Carter would be involved.
What are your thoughts on just swapping player for player? They each have their share of positives and negatives.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:40 PM    (permalink
bigfreak314
Rookie

bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigfreak314 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
What are your thoughts on just swapping player for player? They each have their share of positives and negatives.
I would prefer a draft pick personally. I believe Andre is getting up there in the years.and who is to say how much he has left in the tank.

Sick Sig by the BONEKRUSHER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raheem Morris
Stats are for losers, so you keep looking at stats and we'll keep looking at wins.
bigfreak314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:11 PM    (permalink
toddmlazarchick
Veteran

toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick toddmlazarchick

Quote:
Id say Carter for Carriker and a pick is fair. Carter did just come off an 11 sack season.

2011 FA: FS - OJ Atogwe
2011 Draft Picks: Ryan Kerrigan-OLB-Purdue, Jarvis Jenkins-DE-Clemson, Leonard Hankerson-WR-Miami, Roy Helu-RB-Nebraska, DeJon Gomes-CB/S-Nebraska, Niles Paul-WR-Nebraska, Evan Royster-RB-Penn State, Aldrick Robinson-WR-SMU, Brandyn Thompson-CB-Boise State, Maurice Hurt-OG-Florida, Markus White-OLB-Florida State, Chris Neild-NT-West Virginia
toddmlazarchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by toddmlazarchick View Post
Id say Carter for Carriker and a pick is fair. Carter did just come off an 11 sack season.
Fair point. If I'm the Rams, I'd consider Carter for Carriker & a 5th. The Rams have an extra one, but it may be tough to part with something higher than that for a guy of his age.
Old 03-12-2010, 09:12 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Fair point. If I'm the Rams, I'd consider Carter for Carriker & a 5th. The Rams have an extra one, but it may be tough to part with something higher than that for a guy of his age.
I'd be down for that. I would imagine the Redskins would like any draft pick they can get, they don't have to many in this draft.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:19 AM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we are close to signing Hank Fraley. He played Guard and Center for the Browns this past year.

Sig made by Falcon from E Oakland

"Spread'em and Shread'em"
freebirdsrams02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
Looks like we are close to signing Hank Fraley. He played Guard and Center for the Browns this past year.
would be a good signing. Give Greco a chance to play RT is we trade Barron, which I think would be really good for the long term

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
rockio42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockio42 View Post
would be a good signing. Give Greco a chance to play RT is we trade Barron, which I think would be really good for the long term
Fraley is nothing more than a backup.
Old 03-15-2010, 11:19 AM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.rockio42 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Fraley is nothing more than a backup.
right now with our situation at RG he has a chance to get some time and it gives us some nice versatility. If we trade Barron then we would be looking at maybe Haley at RG and Greco at RT but there is also options with Setterstrom at G and Goldberg at T, right now its coming painfully obvious we need more guys on the right side of the o-line

Check out my twitter @mrocchio42 and check out my radio show on wqqx1490am.com. I'm on every morning with Pro Football HoF voter and NFL regular season awards voter, Howard Balzer. It's always a blast from 9-11.
Old 03-16-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
tfry
Rookie

tfry hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
right now with our situation at RG he has a chance to get some time and it gives us some nice versatility. If we trade Barron then we would be looking at maybe Haley at RG and Greco at RT but there is also options with Setterstrom at G and Goldberg at T, right now its coming painfully obvious we need more guys on the right side of the o-line
What are the odds we address our RT position in the 2nd round? if we get Fragile Bradford at #1, we damn well better protect him or else we'll be looking at the next JaMarcus Russell, Alex Smith, etc.
tfry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2010, 02:16 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfry View Post
What are the odds we address our RT position in the 2nd round? if we get Fragile Bradford at #1, we damn well better protect him or else we'll be looking at the next JaMarcus Russell, Alex Smith, etc.
Ducasse would be nice, espcially if we traded down to take Bradford or Clausen and were able to get another 2nd rounder...so 1st/2nd round scenario would be 1. Bradford 2a. DL/WR 2b. LB/OL and Ducasse could easily be there for either second round pick and would give us another option at RT

Old 03-16-2010, 08:27 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

I'm not a big fan of Ducasse I'd rather take either Charles Brown or Rodger Saffold if they chose to go the OT route.
Old 03-17-2010, 01:48 PM    (permalink
rockio42
Pro Bowler

Shawn Andrews was released by the Eagles...anyone else think that would be a great pickup??

Old 03-17-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.freebirdsrams02 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Shawn Andrews was released by the Eagles...anyone else think that would be a great pickup??

I do. Grab him and get rid of Barron.

Old 03-17-2010, 07:32 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by freebirdsrams02 View Post
I do. Grab him and get rid of Barron.
So you want to get rid of a guy who has questionable desire to play the game, and replace him with a guy........who has questionable desire to play the game.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Not particularly. The last thing this guy needs is another guy whose heart might not be in the game and who has struggled with injury issues.
Old 03-19-2010, 04:32 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

Who are some of the mid-late round players you guys like?

Some I wouldn't mind seeing in horns.....

AJ Edds OLB, Ben Tate RB, Jonathan Dwyer RB, Rennie Curran OLB, AJ Jefferson CB, Brandon Spikes MLB/OLB, Clay Harbor TE, George Selvie DE, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB
Old 03-20-2010, 09:53 AM    (permalink
NGSeiler
Team Leader
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Who are some of the mid-late round players you guys like?

Some I wouldn't mind seeing in horns.....

AJ Edds OLB, Ben Tate RB, Jonathan Dwyer RB, Rennie Curran OLB, AJ Jefferson CB, Brandon Spikes MLB/OLB, Clay Harbor TE, George Selvie DE, Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB
I wouldn't be surprised if half of that list heard their names called in the second or third round, honestly.

I'll try and go positionally with some mid to late round guys I'm intrigued by...

QB: Jarrett Brown (mid), Levi Brown (late)
RB: Anthony Dixon (mid), Andre Dixon (late)
WR: Dezmon Briscoe (mid), Alric Arnett (late)
TE: Colin Peek (mid), Jeff Cottam (late)
OL: Marshall Newhouse (mid), Derek Hardman (late)
DL: Brandon Lang (mid), Clifton Geathers (late)
LB: A.J. Edds (mid), Travis Goethel (late)
DB: Brian Jackson (mid), Robert Johnson (late)
Old 03-22-2010, 03:17 PM    (permalink
freebirdsrams02
Veteran

Anyone like Demaryius Thomas!! The WR out of Georgia Tech. He is big, physical and fast. Smething our WR's are not. I think he would be better than Tate or Benn if we were to go with a WR in the 2nd round. Some say he might slip to the 3rd due to injury, but others say he could go as high as late first round. Would be a nice target if Bradford is the pick at number 1.