Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > 2014 NFL Draft Forum

2014 NFL Draft Forum Discuss the 2014 NFL Draft

Old 03-18-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Bradford = taller Kurt Warner
Old 03-18-2010, 09:18 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Bradford = Alex Smith
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post

That's what I said. They both came from spread offenses and had everyone oohing and aahing about their intelligence and their accuracy. I really don't see much of a difference. Both are athletic guys, running 4.7-ish 40s, both played on top-tier teams in mediocre conferences. I'm not necessarily saying Bradford will be a bust; I haven't given up on Alex Smith quite yet. But their profiles are really, really similar.
Caulibflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:35 PM    (permalink
LookItsAlDavis
Veteran

LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LookItsAlDavis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Bradford-Chad Pennington
Jimmy Clausen-JP Losman
Tim Tebow- David Garrard/Byron Leftwich/Dallas Clark
Ndamukong Suh- Albert Haynesworth
Gerald McCoy- John Randle
Eric Berry- Aneas Williams
Dez Bryant- Terrell Owens
Russel Okung- D'Brickashaw Ferguson
LookItsAlDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Morton
Veteran

Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton Morton

I'm telling you, Toby Gerhart is a functional clone of Eddie George,

I predict a very similar career for him, barring any kind of injury.
Morton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calubflower View Post
That's what I said. They both came from spread offenses and had everyone oohing and aahing about their intelligence and their accuracy. I really don't see much of a difference. Both are athletic guys, running 4.7-ish 40s, both played on top-tier teams in mediocre conferences. I'm not necessarily saying Bradford will be a bust; I haven't given up on Alex Smith quite yet. But their profiles are really, really similar.
He is way to similar to Alex Smith for my liking, pull up some old Alex Smith reports and rename them Sam Bradford’s scouting report and I doubt you’ll find many flaws in them. In college, Alex Smith was a leader, he was super intelligent, accurate, efficient with the football and looked like the next big thing at QB, sounds a lot like Bradford right about now. Then toss in average arm strength, a college scheme that boosted his stats, a college scheme that hindered their development in terms of reading defenses and going through progressions, would have to adjust to taking snaps from center and toss in the fact they’re both pocket passers and you’re looking at near clones of one another. Hopefully Sam Bradford isn’t the next Alex Smith for the sake of whatever team drafts him.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:07 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Toby Gerhart = Mike Alstott or Brian Leonard...................just kidding.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:11 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.keylime_5 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

unfortunately I can't disagree with the Eddie comparisons b/c I didn't get to watch enough of Toby in college. Damn west coast television region. I've only seen about 4 games of Toby and I can't say I was thinking about Eddie when watching him. Does he run up^right?
Old 03-18-2010, 11:16 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see the Sam Bradford/Phillip Rivers comparison, Don't see the Bradford/Alex Smith comparison at all.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:17 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

yeah, Bradford is a little bit like Philip Rivers or Bernie Kosar.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:26 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caulibflower is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He is way to similar to Alex Smith for my liking, pull up some old Alex Smith reports and rename them Sam Bradford’s scouting report and I doubt you’ll find many flaws in them. In college, Alex Smith was a leader, he was super intelligent, accurate, efficient with the football and looked like the next big thing at QB, sounds a lot like Bradford right about now. Then toss in average arm strength, a college scheme that boosted his stats, a college scheme that hindered their development in terms of reading defenses and going through progressions, would have to adjust to taking snaps from center and toss in the fact they’re both pocket passers and you’re looking at near clones of one another. Hopefully Sam Bradford isn’t the next Alex Smith for the sake of whatever team drafts him.
Not to mention they both suffered the exact same shoulder injury.

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs...mith-advi.html

I've never been real big on Bradford. I like him as a person better than Clausen, but I've got my fingers crossed hoping that the Seahawks don't draft either of them.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Caulibflower
Pro Bowler

I dug up a couple of scouting reports for each of them. Guess who's who: (You probably can, but that's not the point)

QB 1

6'4" 217 lbs, 4.75

________ is a mobile quarterback with good quickness, agility, and awareness. He has a solid throwing motion, and he displayed fantastic accuracy. He has the athletic ability to be a threat running the ball as well as throwing it.
________ is also a very intelligent quarterback who reads defenses well and makes good, quick decisions. He has a tremendous work ethic on the field as well as in the film room, and he displays good leadership qualities.

The junior from _______ doesn't possess the strongest arm in the draft and might fit best in a West Coast style of offense, but he can make all the throws to be successful in the NFL, and he remains accurate when he's on the run. He has good, quick footwork, sound mechanics, and a high release point.
With the lack of a bona fide potential superstar quarterback in the _____ NFL Draft, _______'s stock has risen higher than it probably would have in most years. Some draft boards have him as the No. 1 selection overall.

And QB 2

6'4" 218 lbs 4.75

______ quarterback _________ had developed into one of the top prospects in the nation at quarterback by his sophomore season. ______, a redshirt junior, is not the most mobile quarterback, but he is very accurate. In my view, he would be a great fit in a West Coast system because of his accuracy and quick decision-making, but his skills won't limit him to that system alone.

He possesses adequate arm strength, decent mobility, and is a smart player who rarely makes mistakes, as his career touchdown-to-interception ratio illustrates. And at 6-4 and about 220 pounds, he has the size to play the position at the NFL level.

I edited some of the injury information out of the comparisons, because that's too obvious, and I realize that Bradford is now listed at something like 235 pounds, but those measurements are from the scouting reports, which are both from the same site. 40 times are basically common knowledge...And does anyone really doubt that Sam Bradford could've run for 10 touchdowns if he'd had been playing in the MWC?

http://football.about.com/od/playerp...smith.-Gwn.htm

http://football.about.com/od/nflplay.../Sam-Bradford/
Old 03-18-2010, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

QBs

Jimmy Clausen reminds me of Matt Leinart.

Sam Bradford is like a less turnover prone Tim Couch

Tim Tebow reminds of Rich Gannon.

Colt McCoy is most like Charlie Frye

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:56 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brown Leader View Post
QBs

What!!!!! These are bad.
Old 03-19-2010, 05:26 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
thanks you...been saying it for 2 years now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 07:01 AM    (permalink
GoRavens
Veteran

GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GoRavens is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
QBs

worst comparisons i've ever seen.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:19 AM    (permalink
K Train
All-Pro

K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.K Train is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

everyone one of those is ridiculous lol. charlie frye is a mack truck with a big arm, thats everything colt mccoy isnt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saints-Tigers View Post
"He won't be able to just use his arm power to throw defenders around at the next level!"

The hell he won't, lol.
K Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 10:21 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
everyone one of those is ridiculous lol. charlie frye is a mack truck with a big arm, thats everything colt mccoy isnt
Charlie Frye is a big mother ******, but a strong arm he does not have.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 11:47 AM    (permalink
nofalcons10
Veteran

nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nofalcons10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

al woods---domata peko
nofalcons10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K Train View Post
LOL WTF are you talking bout...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoRavens View Post
worst comparisons i've ever seen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by holt_bruce81 View Post
What!!!!! These are bad.
Quote:
QBs

Clausen is a top 10 talent physically but questions about intangibles and character-frat boy perception-these issues still dog Leinart, picked 10th.

Bradford likely # 1 overall pick like Couch-never completely transitioned from spread offense to pro style-accuracy believed to be their greatest strength. Sam may not turn the ball over as much as Timmy but for each, any success depends heavily on talent around them.

Rich Gannon
was a 4th rd pick drafted to play another position-more athlete than QB initially. Work ethic and character kept him in the league-had success after about 5 seasons but didn't get really good till late in his career.

Frye is a little guy with a weak arm who has sticked in the league because of his competitiveness and work ethic. Mobility is okay-has a knack for making plays but is not a legit starter-was a 3rd rd pick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.

Last edited by Brown Leader : 03-19-2010 at 01:02 PM.
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 01:19 PM    (permalink
keylime_5
All-NFLDC

Charlie was like 6'4"/215 coming out of Akron and was only a 3rd round pick b/c his arm is made of Kraft macaroni and cheese. I was so very happy when we drafted him after his great career and senior bowl (and b/c he played college ball in my hometown). Frye played pretty good for the Raiders against the Browns aside from the part when he was horrible and threw like 3 or 4 INTs.
Old 03-19-2010, 01:25 PM    (permalink
Aloysius
Rookie

Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Aloysius is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jamar Chaney - Ricky Brown

Both have great timed speed and are quick on the field with just a little bit of hip stiffness. Also, both guys are aggressive players, but they tend to get run over by big blockers. Both have some durability concerns, though I think they're a much bigger deal with Brown, who just can't seem to stay healthy.
Aloysius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:18 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
I'm telling you, Toby Gerhart is a functional clone of Eddie George,

I predict a very similar career for him, barring any kind of injury.
This is an insult to Eddie George
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:33 PM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderbredd24 View Post
This is an insult to Eddie George
Not really. Eddie George way well be the most overrated player to ever play in the NFL.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 02:51 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner View Post
Not really. Eddie George way well be the most overrated player to ever play in the NFL.
Even if that were true, which I don't think it is, Eddie George is nothing more than Toby Gerhart? I think not
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote