Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-31-2006, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Cockeymofo76
Veteran

Location: Thirty IQ points above you. 612 not in wisconsin like some complete idiots say....
Cockeymofo76 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

I've already done htis it was the godfather...
Lord of the rings is better then half of those movies
Momento is better then alot of those
Full Metal Jacket is better then all of those
City of god same thing
Shawshank redemption is better
This poll is worthless u have to nominate first
then after nominations u have a semi-final poll and the best off those goes to the final poll..
Old 05-31-2006, 03:08 PM    (permalink
renegade17

Lord of the Rings sucks.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:10 PM    (permalink
Nerv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerv
Just for the record, Fight Club is THE most overrated movie of all time.
Just because you were too high to understand it doesn't make it over-rated.
Whats not to understand, it isnt a very complex movie. Its not like it doesnt write the twist in big neon letters across the screen, I thought the movie was O-K. But so many people worship the damn film and it doesnt deserve it.
Old 05-31-2006, 03:39 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry, but the most overrated movie of all time is Scarface.

WMD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink
Moses
All-NFLDC

Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.Moses could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lions WMD
Sorry, but the most overrated movie of all time is Scarface.
How? It's not the best movie by any means but it's a solid movie that portrays something that a lot of people can relate to.
Moses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 04:03 PM    (permalink
moc182
All-Pro

moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.moc182 is a cocksman.

Taxi Driver or One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest, of the one's listed Schindler's List.

"A real man makes his own luck." Billy Zane, Titanic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emmitt Smith
Donít quit, donít even quit.
moc182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys really have to watch New Jack City.
Old 05-31-2006, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockeymofo76
City of god same thing
then after nominations u have a semi-final poll and the best off those goes to the final poll..
Full metal Jacket = an ok film...not nearly the best Vietnam film though. Apoc is so much better. Not worthy of a Top 50 of all time list though IMHO.

Momento = An ok film, again not worty of a TOP 50 film.

City of God = Again, not sure where you are going with this list....an ok film.

Shawshank= one of the best of the 90's...it could be on the all time list IMO.

Lord of the Rings...I wont even go into that.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:26 PM    (permalink
Hawks, Sox and Bears o my

Did you people actually watch memento and Cityu of God?

As for Nerv that twist is clear about a few minutes before its anounced, but it's very well made, Norton is perfect and the concept itsself is intriguing. The idea of how far a person can take their imagination, add to that the emptiness of a materialistic life that all of these white collar workers are floking to these clubs that offer an aalternate path and then they criticism of succumbing to mass movements. The film is a very potent piece.

As for Scarface the move does nothing to make itsself stick out as a top movie yet is often mentioned amongst best movies every threads, which it is far from being, thus it is over-rated.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:34 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Requem for a Dream is a VERY strong movie. In fact it's too strong. It's a bit too thought-provoking.
The last 20 minutes of the film are great.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:38 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarringtonSucks
Quote:
Requem for a Dream is a VERY strong movie. In fact it's too strong. It's a bit too thought-provoking.
The last 20 minutes of the film are great.
I thought that those were a little excessive, I wasn't complaining but without it it would have been subtler and more realistic, thus even more powerful, atleast to me, although I understand that to make the movie more far reaching they needed to simplify it a little.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:40 PM    (permalink
Cockeymofo76
Veteran

Location: Thirty IQ points above you. 612 not in wisconsin like some complete idiots say....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texico From Mexico
Quote:
City of god same thing
Full metal Jacket = an ok film...not nearly the best Vietnam film though. Apoc is so much better. Not worthy of a Top 50 of all time list though IMHO.

Oh really so lets say im the only one that says that right?

Semi-Final

second Semi-final Group

Tiebreaker

Final

U might be right thses arent the greatest movies but quite frankly it doesn't matter cuz i simply proved that ur poll is stupid and ur pretentious enough to think that ur the judge of what is a good movie.. ur not.. i left it up to the people... and guess what its way better than ur failure of a poll
Old 05-31-2006, 05:42 PM    (permalink

My favorite movie of all time is A Clockwork Orange. Although I like the book even better.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:44 PM    (permalink
Cockeymofo76
Veteran

there are a lot of movies made about books.. not a lot of them doo the book justice
Old 05-31-2006, 05:45 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
City of god same thing

Semi-Final

second Semi-final Group

Tiebreaker

Final

U might be right thses arent the greatest movies but quite frankly it doesn't matter cuz i simply proved that ur poll is stupid and ur pretentious enough to think that ur the judge of what is a good movie.. ur not.. i left it up to the people... and guess what its way better than ur failure of a poll
The problem with polls like that is that few have seen the greater movies like Pi, Requiem for a Dream, City of God and Memento, thus they would get out voted by crap like LOTR.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:46 PM    (permalink
Cockeymofo76
Veteran

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
City of god same thing

Semi-Final

second Semi-final Group

Tiebreaker

Final

The problem with polls like that is that few have seen the greater movies like Pi, Requiem for a Dream, City of God and Memento, thus they would get out voted by crap like LOTR.
agreed but Memento and City of God Were nominated only they only had two noms each Pi had none and Requiem had 1 nom...
Old 05-31-2006, 05:49 PM    (permalink
dRaFtDoRk
Veteran

dRaFtDoRk hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Out of the major ones listed, I voted for Godfather. But some of my favorite movies include:

Training Day
Lord of the Rings:ROTK
Shawshank Redemption
Apocolypse Now

I also like, just a little bit, Grapes of Wrath, with Henry Fonda
dRaFtDoRk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 05:52 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
City of god same thing

Semi-Final

second Semi-final Group

Tiebreaker

Final

agreed but Memento and City of God Were nominated only they only had two noms each Pi had none and Requiem had 1 nom...
Largely b/c few had seen them. If you run a pole who'se seen 3 of these City of God, Memento, Pi and Requiem, I gaurantee the overwhelming majority would have to vote no.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:52 PM    (permalink

What does everyone else think of the Apocalypse Now ending? Its good but it seemed like the movie went from a war movie to Lord of the flies.
Old 05-31-2006, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Cockeymofo76
Veteran

agreed about hte if they saw those they would vote for them but yea... so texas are u gunna reply
Old 05-31-2006, 06:10 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is a difference between best and favorite. My favorite my favorite movie is either Memento or Primal Fear. The best movie is Casablanca.
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:19 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

White Chicks....

hahaha

Shawshank
Old 05-31-2006, 06:22 PM    (permalink
scoopdawg
Veteran

scoopdawg hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

forest gump
scoopdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:26 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Pi is more powerful, requiem is more direct however.
I havent seen either but what are they about give me an idea so i know if i should get them on netflix

btw my favorite movie is black hawk down
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:29 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43
Quote:
Quote:
Pi is more powerful, requiem is more direct however.
I havent seen either but what are they about give me an idea so i know if i should get them on netflix

btw my favorite movie is black hawk down
Requiem is about addiction and for Pi all I can say is that it is about a Mathematician who is exploring chaos theory and is really a piece of art on mans pursuit of knowledge.