Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 05-31-2006, 06:31 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersfan43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawks, Sox and Bears o my
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxV
Requem for a Dream is a VERY strong movie. In fact it's too strong. It's a bit too thought-provoking.
Pi is more powerful, requiem is more direct however.
I havent seen either but what are they about give me an idea so i know if i should get them on netflix

btw my favorite movie is black hawk down
Requiem is about four main people and the impact thats drugs have on their life. Basically Pi in my own words on what its about so you kind of know the story is....a guy who believes all of life is based on numbers and he is trying to crack the a code, but in a process stumbles upon something much greater that puts him in danger.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:32 PM    (permalink
P-L
Head Moderator
Legend

P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.P-L is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
P-L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:33 PM    (permalink
Hawks, Sox and Bears o my

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarringtonSucks
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Requem for a Dream is a VERY strong movie. In fact it's too strong. It's a bit too thought-provoking.
I havent seen either but what are they about give me an idea so i know if i should get them on netflix

Requiem is about four main people and the impact thats drugs have on their life. Basically Pi in my own words on what its about so you kind of know the story is....a guy who believes all of life is based on numbers and he is trying to crack the a code, but in a process stumbles upon something much greater that puts him in danger.
That's a nice simple way to state it but I think that it makes Pi seem like a simple scifi action movie, thus try not explain it.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My dark horses for best movie of all time are Apocalypse Now, Jaws, and Jurassic Park.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:37 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That's a nice simple way to state it but I think that it makes Pi seem like a simple scifi action movie, thus try not explain it.
I wanted to dumb it down so he knew the basic plot goes.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty D
My dark horses for best movie of all time are Apocalypse Now, Jaws, and Jurassic Park.
Thats the second time you mentioned Jurassic Park. Anything said by Robert Muldoon is gold. He is the character that looks at the raptor for ten seconds instead of shooting it and says clever girl.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Scotty D
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Scotty D is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Thats the second time you mentioned Jurassic Park. Here are some more hilarious quotes from the movie. Anything said by Robert Muldoon is gold. He is the character that looks at the raptor for ten seconds instead of shooting it and says clever girl.
Hah I love that movie it even has NEUMAN in it.

sig by BoneKrusher
Scotty D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 06:46 PM    (permalink
JJJ888
TRIPS
All-Pro

JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.JJJ888 could make a wolverine purr.

Out of the movies on that list, I'll say Schindler's List...but in my mind, that's not the best of all time, although I'm not sure what is.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:48 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Thats the second time you mentioned Jurassic Park. Here are some more hilarious quotes from the movie. Anything said by Robert Muldoon is gold. He is the character that looks at the raptor for ten seconds instead of shooting it and says clever girl.
Hah I love that movie it even has NEUMAN in it.
Samuel L. Jackson was also hilarious in that movie. I wouldn't say its a greatest movie, but I really enjoyed watching it. I'll leave you with some quotes.

"Clever girl"

"They remember"

"Don't get cheap on me Dodgson"

"Dennis we have our lives in your hands and you have Butterfingers"

"That is one big pile of ****"
Old 05-31-2006, 06:50 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ888
Out of the movies on that list, I'll say Schindler's List...but in my mind, that's not the best of all time, although I'm not sure what is.
Got you covered

Quote:
CGF's list
1. Pi
2. The Shining/One Flew Over the Cuckoo's nest
3. Memento
4. Requiem fo a Dream
5. Silence of the Lambs
6. Shawshank Redemption
7. Fight Club
8. Taxi Driver
9. Blade Runner
10. Reservoir Dogs
11. Pulp Fiction
12. Twelve monkeys
13. City Of God
14. Natural born Killers
15. Boondock Saints
16. Full Metal Jacket
17. V for Vendetta
18. Truman Show
19. Sin City
20. American History X
Old 05-31-2006, 06:51 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Got you covered

Quote:
CGF's list
1. Pi
3. Memento
4. Requiem fo a Dream
5. Silence of the Lambs
6. Shawshank Redemption
7. Fight Club
8. Taxi Driver
9. Blade Runner
10. Reservoir Dogs
11. Pulp Fiction
12. Twelve monkeys
13. City Of God
14. Natural born Killers
15. Boondock Saints
16. Full Metal Jacket
17. V for Vendetta
18. Truman Show
19. Sin City
20. American History X
You finally got rid of Saw. Hope it wasn't because of wots.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:52 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Got you covered

Quote:
CGF's list
1. Pi
3. Memento
4. Requiem fo a Dream
5. Silence of the Lambs
6. Shawshank Redemption
7. Fight Club
8. Taxi Driver
9. Blade Runner
10. Reservoir Dogs
11. Pulp Fiction
12. Twelve monkeys
13. City Of God
14. Natural born Killers
15. Boondock Saints
16. Full Metal Jacket
17. V for Vendetta
18. Truman Show
19. Sin City
20. American History X
No it's because I rewatched Apocalupse now and Natural born killers a day or two ago.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:56 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Got you covered

Quote:
CGF's list
1. Pi
3. Memento
4. Requiem fo a Dream
5. Silence of the Lambs
6. Shawshank Redemption
7. Fight Club
8. Taxi Driver
9. Blade Runner
10. Reservoir Dogs
11. Pulp Fiction
12. Twelve monkeys
13. City Of God
14. Natural born Killers
15. Boondock Saints
16. Full Metal Jacket
17. V for Vendetta
18. Truman Show
19. Sin City
20. American History X
No it's because I rewatched Apocalupse now and Natural born killers a day or two ago.
I can't see how Saw would even make it in front of those movies even if you hadn't watched them in a while.
Old 05-31-2006, 06:57 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Got you covered

Quote:
CGF's list
1. Pi
3. Memento
4. Requiem fo a Dream
5. Silence of the Lambs
6. Shawshank Redemption
7. Fight Club
8. Taxi Driver
9. Blade Runner
10. Reservoir Dogs
11. Pulp Fiction
12. Twelve monkeys
13. City Of God
14. Natural born Killers
15. Boondock Saints
16. Full Metal Jacket
17. V for Vendetta
18. Truman Show
19. Sin City
20. American History X
I can't see how Saw would even make it in front of those movies even if you hadn't watched them in a while.
It made it in under the "one Favorite movie that sucks but you consider a favorite" man law. I used to have Zardos in my top 20.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:01 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

so is it just called pi is it capital is it a abreviation for somthing jw cuz i want to get it on netflix
steelersfan43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:02 PM    (permalink

Quote:
so is it just called pi is it capital is it a abreviation for somthing jw cuz i want to get it on netflix
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0138704/
Old 05-31-2006, 07:05 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.steelersfan43 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
oh im dumb

so is it just about him discovering 3.14-infinate decimals
Old 05-31-2006, 07:06 PM    (permalink

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
oh im dumb

so is it just about him discovering 3.14-infinate decimals
no it's about a lot more than that and the number Pi doesn't actually have much to do with the film.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:08 PM    (permalink
steelersfan43
Pro Bowler

is it in black and white cuz it was on the sites pics
Old 05-31-2006, 07:10 PM    (permalink

Quote:
is it in black and white cuz it was on the sites pics
yes it is.
Old 05-31-2006, 07:50 PM    (permalink
68-17 Was The Score
Rookie

68-17 Was The Score hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Wheen it all boils down to it Day After Tomarrow is the best. Ever Period. Yeah DQ handled the star role in it pretty good. He's the best ever. Period.

Sig by jkpigskin
Carolina will win the super bowl this year
68-17 Was The Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 07:54 PM    (permalink
GermanSaint
Veteran

GermanSaint hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

star wars by far
Old 05-31-2006, 07:55 PM    (permalink
WMD
Suck it Metsox
Legend

WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.WMD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68-17 Was The Score
Wheen it all boils down to it Day After Tomarrow is the best. Ever Period. Yeah DQ handled the star role in it pretty good. He's the best ever. Period.
Errrr...
Uhhhh...
Ummmm...

Glad you liked it.

WMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2006, 08:47 PM    (permalink
70challenger457

Vanishing Point anyone, ahh dout any here has seen it, if you have you'd know why I love it and have made every single one of my friends watch it.
Old 05-31-2006, 09:03 PM    (permalink
Texico From Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cockeymofo76
agreed about hte if they saw those they would vote for them but yea... so texas are u gunna reply

The Poll was for fun!!! Umm get it?

Everyone has there own interpretation of what they think the best film (s) are. I could not list every freaking film in the poll, that is why there is "other" option. Do I personally Think anyo of those films that cockymofo mentioned are top 50 worthy? No I don't, and I never said my opnion was gospel...the post was done for fun to see what everyone else likes or dislikes...

oh by the way..Citizen Kane is the best film of all time. So, I just want to make that clear and there will not be any argument on that matter!