Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-13-2009, 11:08 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Dallas should give Flozell Adams his Trade Notice paperwork. Or pink slip.
Or walking papers.

It would cut their obscene no. of penalties per game by at least 1/3rd. He is the most overrated overpaid OT in FB.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Its official.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors

"Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson is apparently on the trading block, according to the National Football Post. The 2005 first-round pick hasn't been playing very much this season.

He's getting toward the end of a five-year deal that pays him $10.4 million."

Last edited by Splat : 10-13-2009 at 12:08 PM.
Splat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smooth Criminal View Post
According to Glazer, the Raiders are looking to trade Nnandi. If a contender picks up a talent like that, it'll turn into a massive pickup.
Niners have a ton of cap room, and an extra 1st... and Dre Bly is a ****-up... Doubt they even consider it though.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Its official.

"Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Derrick Johnson is apparently on the trading block, according to the National Football Post. The 2005 first-round pick hasn't been playing very much this season.

Argghhhh. Stupid Haley. Bleh.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I always thought DJ would be a stud. One of my fave players from that class. I know he had some issues getting off blocks early in his career, but I thought he was well past that and had been playing well. Just a scheme change and disagreements with Haley?
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BufFan71 View Post
how about a 3rd and Roscoe Parrish?
Bills should be selling not buying.
I'd trade Parrish for any pick, even a 7th. T.O for nothing less than a 5th. We are done get some picks.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
According to Mike Lombardi of the National Football Post, the Eagles and Steelers will make Kevin Curtis and Limas Sweed available for trade this week.
The trade deadline is October 20. Lombardi also mentions Chiefs ILB Derrick Johnson as a player that potentially is available. A Curtis trade would move first-round pick Jeremy Maclin into the Eagles' starting lineup indefinitely, but the veteran's knee injury and contract will make him hard to move.
Curtis and a pick for Derrick Johnson?
Old 10-13-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Perfect Score View Post
I always thought DJ would be a stud. One of my fave players from that class. I know he had some issues getting off blocks early in his career, but I thought he was well past that and had been playing well. Just a scheme change and disagreements with Haley?
That and he is in the last year of his deal and they don't have him in their long term plans.

The guy has All Pro talent but four and half seasons in he has yet to put it to use on a consistent basis.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's his contract amount this year (Derrick Johnson)?

Eric Church - Homeboy
http://youtu.be/wx-dUsh6OT8
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
gpngc
All-NFLDC

gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.gpngc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some names I heard...

T.O. (possibly to the Bears)
Marshawn Lynch- Seattle is a good fit.
Michael Bush- Seattle or Cleveland makes sense.
Shawne Merriman (drafted English, A.J. Smith has apparently soured on him big time).

I think we'll see at least one semi-big deal this deadline.

Most expect the 2010 draft to be extremely rich because of the prospect of a rookie wage scale afterward and there are so many teams clearly out of it so early in the season that it should be a busier trading season than in most other years.

The bad teams are so bad that there really may be some sellers like we see at the deadline in baseball season.

Last edited by gpngc : 10-13-2009 at 01:39 PM.
gpngc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Few Rams that I could see moved:

DE Leonard Little
- Perfect rusher for a team that looks to make a big playoff push.

DE/DT Victor Adeyanju
- Better suited in a 3 - 4.

TE Randy McMichael
- With the emergence of TE Daniel Fells, McMichaels role with be diminishing and would be a nice fit for a team who needs TE help and is in the running for playoffs.

Eric Church - Homeboy
Old 10-13-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
What's his contract amount this year (Derrick Johnson)?
I'm not sure but I know its nothing crazy.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:56 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
I'm not sure but I know its nothing crazy.
You think Spagnuolo could do some good work for him? And what are the Chiefs looking for?

He'd play SLB for us, but I like this idea
WLB Will Witherspoon
MLB James Laurinaits
SLB Derrick Johnson

Eric Church - Homeboy
Old 10-13-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
G-Men88
Rookie

G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.G-Men88 could make a wolverine purr.

Quote:
Its official.

we'll do it for a 3rd
G-Men88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-Men88 View Post
we'll do it for a 3rd
i doubt it. we just drafted Clint Sintim to play SAM for us and Danny Clark has done an admirable job at SAM the past 2 years in his old age.

If anything, we'd be looking for a future MIKE, not SAM. but even then, I doubt it bc I think management likes Goff and would rather draft a MIKE then shop for one.

I can see us shipping out Sinorice Moss. Maybe going after a DT.

Maybe a safety. Chances are we do nothing.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:29 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Quote:
You think Spagnuolo could do some good work for him? And what are the Chiefs looking for?

He'd play SLB for us, but I like this idea
WLB Will Witherspoon
MLB James Laurinaits
SLB Derrick Johnson
I think he can still be a great playing with the right system and coaching.

As for what they want I don't know my guess would be that they want a 2nd but I think a 3rd plus a later pick is more realistic.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
I think he can still be a great playing with the right system and coaching.

As for what they want I don't know my guess would be that they want a 2nd but I think a 3rd plus a later pick is more realistic.
Thanks for the information, I can now only pray and hope the Rams look into a move like this.

*crosses fingers*

Eric Church - Homeboy
Old 10-13-2009, 02:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spags won't trade for a SAM.

Its such an irrelevant position in his system, he won't trade picks for it. If he did, it would be for a guy who can play Joker, like a hybrid standup DE of the likes of Gocong, Sintim etc.

He doesn't use a traditional SAM, or doesn't prefer it at least.

He doesn't value OLBs very high in that system anyway. Its all about your dline and secondary.

Don't expect any LB moves.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Spags won't trade for a SAM.

Its such an irrelevant position in his system, he won't trade picks for it. If he did, it would be for a guy who can play Joker, like a hybrid standup DE of the likes of Gocong, Sintim etc.

He doesn't use a traditional SAM, or doesn't prefer it at least.

He doesn't value OLBs very high in that system anyway. Its all about your dline and secondary.

Don't expect any LB moves.
What about Shawn Merriman? :)

Eric Church - Homeboy
Old 10-13-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
What about Shawn Merriman? :)
I could see him as a 4-3 DE sure.

Not a 4-3 SAM though :p

And theyd need a lot of money to poney up for him.

Merriman and Long on the edges though? WIN.

Thats gonna cost you a 1st easily though.
Old 10-13-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I seriously doubt we trade him for Kevin Curtis.

And I don't think he's a bad fit scheme wise, personally. I think he could be a good ILB in the 3-4, he'd just be a lot better in the 4-3. All the talent in the world but never quite lived up to his billing, but a lot of that, imo, has to do with the fact that we've had little to no talent around him before this year and now he's not starting.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I could see him as a 4-3 DE sure.

Not a 4-3 SAM though :p

And theyd need a lot of money to poney up for him.

Merriman and Long on the edges though? WIN.

Thats gonna cost you a 1st easily though.
Yeah, it's not going to happen. I sure wish though!

EDIT: The Redskins are shopping 25 year old, 6'6" 330lb DT Anthony Montgomery for a late round draft pick. What's the deal with him?

Eric Church - Homeboy

Last edited by HawkeyeFan : 10-13-2009 at 03:20 PM.
Old 10-13-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpngc View Post
Some names I heard...

T.O. (possibly to the Bears)
Marshawn Lynch- Seattle is a good fit.
Michael Bush- Seattle or Cleveland makes sense.
Shawne Merriman (drafted English, A.J. Smith has apparently soured on him big time).

I think we'll see at least one semi-big deal this deadline.

Most expect the 2010 draft to be extremely rich because of the prospect of a rookie wage scale afterward and there are so many teams clearly out of it so early in the season that it should be a busier trading season than in most other years.

The bad teams are so bad that there really may be some sellers like we see at the deadline in baseball season.
TO to the bears? what?

found this on adam schefters twitter (btw i love his twitter)

Quote:
NO. Don't expect Buff to deal him at all. RT @Franchise23: @Adam_Schefter Adam you think CHI has the best chance at landing T.O.??

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

I really don't think there would be much of a market for T.O.
Old 10-13-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
SFbear
Veteran

SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SFbear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The T.O. to Chicago thing just started out as Adam Schefter thinking out loud on his twitter in a "Hmm wouldn't that be interesting" kind of way. Jerry Angelo has been very anti TO in the past and I don't expect that to change when our young receivers are actually getting things done and showing promise for the future.
SFbear is offline   Reply With Quote