Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,909
Reputation: 3938479
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Some Thoughts

I haven't done one of these yet. Mine are usually sporadic, and quite long so bare with me.

-James Harrison, Lamar Woodley, and Elvis Dumerville have proven that its better to be short as a 3-4 OLB. Prototypically, everyone wants a 6 4" guy who has strength and speed. But I don't think thats really the case anymore. These 6 foot guys are squat and strong, and because they are stand up rushers, their short height actually plays in their favor bc they get great leverage as a stand up rusher.

These guys can not only speed rush, but bullrush with the best of them because they can get under the OT's pads even while standing up. And that is huge for a 3-4 OLB. They were traditionally known strictly as speed rushers, but what these shorter guys have shown us is, with leverage, they can bullrush too, and they are the new matchup problems for pass protections in the league. Also, because theyre shorter, they have better knee bend in coverage, so it helps them both ways.

The short guys are where its at.

I always wondered how dominant Dwight Freeney could have been as a 3-4 OLB. He couldve been the best 3-4 OLB since LT. He had all the tools, the leverage, the speed, the spin move, the hips. Everything.

-Its time for me to eat crow on McDaniels. I never thought they'd be this good. I was rooting for the guy, still am, but I just couldnt believe some of the moves he was making in the offseason. Hell, I still disagree with a lot of his moves, but he's making them work. 5-0 is 5-0.

I still think though, if he just let Cutler go on his rant and not trade him, with the way the defense is playing, they couldve been a SB contender this year. But they're not. I just can't see it with Kyle Orton.

Speaking of Kyle, let's give the man credit. All he does is win. Im not saying he's Joe Montana by any means, but the guy can win you games. I don't care how ugly it is, winning is winning. He's proven it throughout his career. He'd make a great qb for a team who wants a caretaker qb while it develops its roster.

-The Colts look like the best team in the AFC by far thus far. Their offense has looked as good as its ever been, Peyton looks healthy, their defense looks better than years past (big surprise, i told you Cover 2 sucks), and they'll shore up that run D when Sanders comes back.

2 issues though:

1. They need to shore up that LT spot. Ugoh sucks.
2. When is it time to move on from Bob Sanders? Yes, he brings so much when healthy, but the guy isn't healthy anymore. He's the new Mike Brown. Draft another safety, and move on. Sanders can't be relied on anymore.

-Ron Rivera is the most overrated DC in the league. The guy runs soft zones, a passive D, and for some reason he gets a pass for it. Why? He's not a good DC.

Someone needs to sit him down and remind him that Cover 2 sucks.

-Tom Brady isn't the same Tom Brady, and the team as a whole looks old on offense. This team will make the playoffs, but I don't think they'll do much when they get there.

Surprisingly, everyone worried about the defense, but the defense is doing a great job this year. Its the offense thats holding them back. Imagine how good that defense could be with an actual pass rusher. That defense will be back with more development.

But they need to invest in some oline. This team is old, and they need to rebuild.

-The Bengals are forreal. And more importantly, Cedric Benson is a legit MVP candidate this year.

Yes. Cedric Benson.

Cedric Benson.

Who wouldve thought that? I was a big believer in the guy and thought he'd rejuvenate his career with the Bengals. I saw him run harder and faster than he ever did with the Bears, but I didn't expect him to be THIS good. He's a beast. I had him as my fantasy sleeper, and he's treating me pretty good right now ;)

Oh, and someone rep Rosebud for me. I said since last year that the Bengals were an up and coming team, but I didn't realize it until after they played the Giants last year. I remember prior to that game Rosebud kept telling me, don't sleep on the Bengals defense, and I was like yeah whatever. After teh game though, I became a believer. I knew that team was legit and would bounce back after seeing them play.

And they are. Theyre a good team despite Carson Palmer looking very mediocre this year. Theyre winning with defense and the run game.

Speaking of which, lets give Jonathan Joseph some love. We know about Corey Webster's dramatic turnaround (top 3 CB in the league imo behind Nmandi and Revis), but Joseph has made an impressive turnaround himself. He's been a damn good CB for 2 years now.

- This might be the best rookie WR core we've seen in quite some time. The rookie WRs in this draft class are doing an amazing job, and all of them look like they have bright futures.

Britt, Maclin, Nicks, Percy, all are starting out great. We have up and comers in Murphy, possibly Barden, MoMas, Robiskie and Tate, and Im sure Im forgetting some others. The book is out on Crabtree.

Let's not forget the first WR taken overall, our boy DHB....

..... ......sorry Raiders fans.

-Moving right along, we're seeing some incredible LT play lately. With pass rushers becoming more and more impactful in today's game, the league has reacted by producing some quality LTs to counter them. We're seeing more high caliber LTs in the league than in years past. And more quality LTs come out to the draft year after year than ever before.

It used to be a good 2, maybe 3 quality LTs coming out every year max. Now, the past couple of drafts we're seeing a good 4,5 guys every year coming out and doing their thing.

I think the belief that you have to take a dominant LT early is not necessarily true anymore. Guys like Oher, Beatty (so far, although he's being redshirted and the book is still out), Baker, Staley, all these guys are proving you can find quality OT talent in the latter part of round 1 as well.

The guys in the top 10 aren't the only ones who can hold it down.

-The Ravens defense is not what it used to be. They get a lot of credit but a lot of that credit is unwarranted, as they're living off reputation moreso than production. They still have a great run D, but this team can be thrown on. They need to shore up that secondary, they don't have any CBs. This team as a whole I personally feel is a bit overrated, but they do have in my eyes the best oline in the league, a hell of a run game, and a franchise qb.

They still lack weapons on offense, and CBs on defense. I think that will hold them back from winning a championship this year.

-The Bills/Browns game might have been the ugliest NFL game we've seen in quite some time. That was embarassing.

-The NFC West is going to have 1 playoff team. It will be the 4 seed. Whoever it is, will promptly be stomped out by whichever Wild Card team plays them.

-Brian Dawkins still has plenty left in the tank, and is a big reason why the Broncos D is so good this year. Champ is also playing great, its amazing what a pass rush can do for you.

-As awful as Dallas has been, they still are 3-2 and can win the NFC East. Anything can happen.

-Darren Sharper might be one of the least appreciated ball hawk FS's we've seen in the past 10 years. The guy just keeps doing it, but we always overlook him. He should not have been part of 3 teams. Im surprised that this guy has found a hard time sticking with a team. He's not a HOFer, but he's not so bad that he should warrant such little attention in FA.

-One of the lesser talked about guys that should some love...Tamba Hali. The guy has made a pretty smooth transition to 3-4 OLB, and he looks pretty good doing it. With him, Brandon Flowers and Tyson Jackson, they have some nice pieces in place in KC. Give it some time, I think Pioli will turn this around.

-Aaron Kampman looks useless in a 3-4. The guy is a pure 4-3 LE, one of the best in the league. But he's absolutely useless in a 3-4.

Alright, I probably wrote too much already, so I'll stop right here.
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

I love your write-ups.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: R4L 3:16 says I just whipped your ass
Posts: 14,246
Reputation: 2932911
Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Great post....

I do have to say though the I think with some more time and more experience Brady will start looking better...hopefully. NE truly is old they have a lot of work ahead of them. They need a new line.....as for the Raiders....i think Murphy's been our only real bright spot and I cant speak too much because I haven't seen a Raider game since week 1

EDIT: I 100% agree with you on Kampman...guys beastly when he has his hand down but looks lethargic and lost as an OLB
__________________

Props to BK for the sig
"Impulsive thinker, compulsive drinker, addict, half animal half man"
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's because we're the only animal capable of getting it from other animals. the day a goat can milk cows, it will.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
iBoldin
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 1,295
Reputation: 45709
iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iBoldin is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I love your write-ups.
I agree.

You're very informative, and you're probably my favorite poster to read when it comes to these kind of things. No **** of course.
iBoldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Western PA
Posts: 30,609
Reputation: 599113
Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

No love for Mike Wallace? Man, the kid is 4th in catches and second in yards for rookies as maybe the 4th option in that offense. He is really being underrated as far as the rookie WRs go.
__________________
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,909
Reputation: 3938479
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HinesWardJr View Post
No love for Mike Wallace? Man, the kid is 4th in catches and second in yards for rookies as maybe the 4th option in that offense. He is really being underrated as far as the rookie WRs go.
I knew I forgot somebody. He's looked great as well. With the way Ben throws the deep ball, having 2 deep threats in Holmes and Wallace will do wonders for this offense.

Ben loves slinging it deep, he's one of the best in the league at it, and he has 2 toys outside that can stretch a D for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I love your write-ups.
I love your avy. Link me to that vid asap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4life View Post
Great post....

I do have to say though the I think with some more time and more experience Brady will start looking better...hopefully. NE truly is old they have a lot of work ahead of them. They need a new line.....as for the Raiders....i think Murphy's been our only real bright spot and I cant speak too much because I haven't seen a Raider game since week 1

EDIT: I 100% agree with you on Kampman...guys beastly when he has his hand down but looks lethargic and lost as an OLB
Your WRs are getting seperation, its just that the offense can't be built on 7 and 5 step drops with that oline, and that qb. Yeah he has the arm, but he has the brain of a hamster.

With that speed on offense, this team could be explosive with a better oline and a legit qb. And a better offensive scheme. Its not a sin to stretch the field horizontally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iBoldin View Post
I agree.

You're very informative, and you're probably my favorite poster to read when it comes to these kind of things. No **** of course.
My writeups have a lot of grammar errors, theyre sporadic, and somewhat of an eye sore honestly.

I just write what comes to mind. I think the other guys do a damn good job with their writeups, I enjoy reading theirs. Every now and then I'll do one to discuss some things that have otherwise gone overlooked.

Thanks for the love. no h0mo*
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Western PA
Posts: 30,609
Reputation: 599113
Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I knew I forgot somebody. He's looked great as well. With the way Ben throws the deep ball, having 2 deep threats in Holmes and Wallace will do wonders for this offense.

Ben loves slinging it deep, he's one of the best in the league at it, and he has 2 toys outside that can stretch a D for him.



I love your avy. Link me to that vid asap.



Your WRs are getting seperation, its just that the offense can't be built on 7 and 5 step drops with that oline, and that qb. Yeah he has the arm, but he has the brain of a hamster.

With that speed on offense, this team could be explosive with a better oline and a legit qb. And a better offensive scheme. Its not a sin to stretch the field horizontally.



My writeups have a lot of grammar errors, theyre sporadic, and somewhat of an eye sore honestly.

I just write what comes to mind. I think the other guys do a damn good job with their writeups, I enjoy reading theirs. Every now and then I'll do one to discuss some things that have otherwise gone overlooked.

Thanks for the love. no h0mo*
Limas Sweed can be that deep threat too if he ever decides to catch the ball. I just don't think the Steelers are giving him chances. Yeah he has messed up his few chances, but when he only get thrown to once a game, it really hurts the confidence of a player. I think if we get up big against Cleveland, put in Sweed to regain his confidence. I am still a big believer that Sweed can be a really, really good reciever for us if he just get over his mental lapses and concentrate. He has the size, speed, and seperation ability to be great in this league. It is all up to him now.
__________________
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
dabears10
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chicago
Posts: 5,632
Reputation: 909102
dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.dabears10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default



Don't mind me just returning kicks for touchdowns and catching passes.
__________________

Thanks to BoneKrusher Credit and Rep to him for the sig.

dabears10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,909
Reputation: 3938479
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Johnny Knox! Thats another one.

Lots of promise with this WR class.

Last year it was RBs. This year its WRs.
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boxscorescouting.com
Posts: 5,746
Reputation: 1665507
AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

A lot of really good points but i'll only comment on the one that I have most to say about-the Patriots.

A lot was made especially by TV 'experts' during the offseason that the defense would take a significant step backwards because they lost stalwarts such as Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel, Hobbs, Seymour etc. What they failed to mention was that with the exception of Seymour, none of the rest where playing at a particularly high level and really only the lockerroom presence was going to be missed.

What has been seen so far on the defensive side is players like Ty Warren, Mike Wright, Brandon Merriweather step up and make huge plays while players like Leigh Bodden coming in from free agency and playing at a high level.

I agree that a top level pass rusher is needed to make the defense very good because one thing that Belichick does is he makes sure that know team will gash them with the run. Now a player like Greg Hardy, Brandon Graham or Eric Norwood in the 1st or 2nd could really make the defense a top 5 unit.

As for the offense, I realise that it will take Brady time to get back in the groove just as it did Peyton Manning last year but it needs to be soon. Scoring 17 against Denver who previously averaged 6.5 a game was good but the execution wasn't there on a lot of throws. I also think that Laurence Maroney is on his way out now so a top notch RB will be needed next year too.

I don't know if I would use the word 'old' to describe the offense, for some reason the word 'tired' seems more appropriate. Brady's deep threat throws to Moss seem way off and because of that he is locking onto Welker. He targeted him 15 times yesterday. That is the most worrying thing. Teams are now seeing that Brady to Welker all day will give you a way better chance than Brady to Welker most of the day and then to Moss. Currently Randy Moss is on pace for 3 TDs this season.
__________________


BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

BBD, if you love Woodley, you're really going to love Brandon Graham.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,909
Reputation: 3938479
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntoinCD View Post
A lot of really good points but i'll only comment on the one that I have most to say about-the Patriots.

A lot was made especially by TV 'experts' during the offseason that the defense would take a significant step backwards because they lost stalwarts such as Bruschi, Harrison, Vrabel, Hobbs, Seymour etc. What they failed to mention was that with the exception of Seymour, none of the rest where playing at a particularly high level and really only the lockerroom presence was going to be missed.

What has been seen so far on the defensive side is players like Ty Warren, Mike Wright, Brandon Merriweather step up and make huge plays while players like Leigh Bodden coming in from free agency and playing at a high level.

I agree that a top level pass rusher is needed to make the defense very good because one thing that Belichick does is he makes sure that know team will gash them with the run. Now a player like Greg Hardy, Brandon Graham or Eric Norwood in the 1st or 2nd could really make the defense a top 5 unit.

As for the offense, I realise that it will take Brady time to get back in the groove just as it did Peyton Manning last year but it needs to be soon. Scoring 17 against Denver who previously averaged 6.5 a game was good but the execution wasn't there on a lot of throws. I also think that Laurence Maroney is on his way out now so a top notch RB will be needed next year too.

I don't know if I would use the word 'old' to describe the offense, for some reason the word 'tired' seems more appropriate. Brady's deep threat throws to Moss seem way off and because of that he is locking onto Welker. He targeted him 15 times yesterday. That is the most worrying thing. Teams are now seeing that Brady to Welker all day will give you a way better chance than Brady to Welker most of the day and then to Moss. Currently Randy Moss is on pace for 3 TDs this season.
I was a firm believer in this defense, I thought and said it would be better this year than in years past. And it has been. Its desperately missing a pass rush still.

I also feel that it should still use more 3-4 looks than it does. I think its still very capable as a 3-4 defense. At least Bill can mask more blitzes that way.

You brought up a great point that I forgot to mention. Brandon Merriweather has looked incredible thus far. Id go as far as saying he's having a PB year. He's been a huge piece to that defense.

Just wait until Mayo comes back, Butler gets more experience, and they start using Wilfork and Brace together inside. Forgetaboutit.
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Jersey
Posts: 28,909
Reputation: 3938479
bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
BBD, if you love Woodley, you're really going to love Brandon Graham.
I love me some Lamar Woodley. Part of me wants to say he's better than James Harrison. I kiss the sky every day when I remember that Dallas chose Anthony Spencer over Lamar Woodley.

I'll keep an eye on this guy. I haven't been keeping up with college ball as much as I want to.
__________________
bigbluedefense is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
Moderator
All-NFLDC
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: KO-V>O-V
Posts: 14,837
Reputation: 1045649
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Yeah BBD, never worry about the length of your posts, because I think I speak for most of the forum when I say your write ups are some of the best out there, and a pleasure to read.

I'm also munching crow on McDaniels. I was a "sky is falling" Broncos fan, but I'm in full support of McDaniels now. I think if we had Cutler, we might not be 5-0 right now. Just because sometimes Jay has one of those days where nothing goes right. Like Week 1 with Chicago. But we'd certainly be better equipped to beat the better teams out there and get a Super Bowl.

But Orton... man, I have given this guy too much trouble. He's had his struggles this year but when you look at it he's done everything he can to avoid losing us games. He's effectively thrown zero INTs this year(excluding the halftime hail mary to Moss for obvious reasons) and let our defense work with a long field. If he can have more games like yesterday, I'm not sure he can't QB a Super Bowl team someday. Keep in mind, he's not yet 27. With solid play though he can at least drop QB from our list of needs and let the FO focus on DB and DL.

Totally agree with you on the Bengals. They're Denver's miracle away from being 5-0. I remember watching the Cincy and Denver game thinking it was a matchup between two awful teams, turns out it was two very good teams. I don't think there's a team out there with a better resume than Cincinnati to be honest.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:27 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Western PA
Posts: 30,609
Reputation: 599113
Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
BBD, if you love Woodley, you're really going to love Brandon Graham.
If he came to the Steelers somehow, our pass rush would be even more deadly.

Harrison, Wood, Graham, Hood, Timmons= <3333.
__________________
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 31,593
Reputation: 494719
Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I love me some Lamar Woodley. Part of me wants to say he's better than James Harrison. I kiss the sky every day when I remember that Dallas chose Anthony Spencer over Lamar Woodley.

I'll keep an eye on this guy. I haven't been keeping up with college ball as much as I want to.
He's a tad shorter than Woodley, but I think he's slightly more explosive and has Woodley's bull-rush. He fared very, very well against Bryan Bulaga on Saturday night. Can play the run or the pass equally well.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Uncle Sam is CLUTCH!
Posts: 5,876
Reputation: 25259
Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I haven't done one of these yet. Mine are usually sporadic, and quite long so bare with me.

-James Harrison, Lamar Woodley, and Elvis Dumerville have proven that its better to be short as a 3-4 OLB. Prototypically, everyone wants a 6 4" guy who has strength and speed. But I don't think thats really the case anymore. These 6 foot guys are squat and strong, and because they are stand up rushers, their short height actually plays in their favor bc they get great leverage as a stand up rusher.

These guys can not only speed rush, but bullrush with the best of them because they can get under the OT's pads even while standing up. And that is huge for a 3-4 OLB. They were traditionally known strictly as speed rushers, but what these shorter guys have shown us is, with leverage, they can bullrush too, and they are the new matchup problems for pass protections in the league. Also, because theyre shorter, they have better knee bend in coverage, so it helps them both ways.

The short guys are where its at.

I always wondered how dominant Dwight Freeney could have been as a 3-4 OLB. He couldve been the best 3-4 OLB since LT. He had all the tools, the leverage, the speed, the spin move, the hips. Everything.
I never understood the massive emphasis on height for passrushers (I'm lumping 34 rushbackers in with 43 Ends here). Yes, it means they can get their hands up if they can't get to the QB and deflect some balls, but wouldn't you rather they just get to the QB ala Freeney, Mathis, Woodley, Harrison, Dumervil, etc.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-The Colts look like the best team in the AFC by far thus far. Their offense has looked as good as its ever been, Peyton looks healthy, their defense looks better than years past (big surprise, i told you Cover 2 sucks), and they'll shore up that run D when Sanders comes back.

2 issues though:

1. They need to shore up that LT spot. Ugoh sucks.
2. When is it time to move on from Bob Sanders? Yes, he brings so much when healthy, but the guy isn't healthy anymore. He's the new Mike Brown. Draft another safety, and move on. Sanders can't be relied on anymore.
Ugoh has Rex Grossman syndrome. His confidence has been destroyed and now despite all the talent he won't be able to succeed. At least not in Indianapolis. Charlie Johnson has been a decent patch, but I think OT is high on the Colts wishlist next draft. As for Sanders, moving on from him would be far too expensive, and I really wouldn't want any other team having him, even if he did only play half of their games. He is that good when healthy. As for your "Tampa 2 sucks" theory, the Colts still run it, they just mix their coverages more now and actually blitz from time to time. I don't think it was the philosophy that sucked, I think it was the lack of creativity in playcalling that sucked, as in it hurt the unit because they had to try to succeed on sheer talent alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-Ron Rivera is the most overrated DC in the league. The guy runs soft zones, a passive D, and for some reason he gets a pass for it. Why? He's not a good DC.

Someone needs to sit him down and remind him that Cover 2 sucks.
As I recall he actually got fired from Chicago for not wanting to run the Tampa 2 scheme. He may run passive zones, but that doesn't make it Tampa 2. Coverage shells and schemes are not one and the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-Tom Brady isn't the same Tom Brady, and the team as a whole looks old on offense. This team will make the playoffs, but I don't think they'll do much when they get there.
I think people are making a mistake here. Tom Brady is the same Tom Brady, he's just not the one that was getting 6 seconds of protection every time he dropped back and then throwing to virtually all Top 50 picks as the 2007 version everyone seems to remember and attribute to his entire career. He's the Tom Brady that existed prior to that, the one that made a living off of short throws and screens with the occasional mixed in deep ball who threw for about 3800 yards 24 TDs and 12 INTs every year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Surprisingly, everyone worried about the defense, but the defense is doing a great job this year. Its the offense thats holding them back. Imagine how good that defense could be with an actual pass rusher. That defense will be back with more development.

But they need to invest in some oline. This team is old, and they need to rebuild.
I'm not really sold on their defense. They've played 2 legitimate offenses, and I guess you could say they held them in check, but they also gave up 24 to the Bills and almost lost that game. Check back after they've gone to the Superdome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-The Bengals are forreal. And more importantly, Cedric Benson is a legit MVP candidate this year.

Yes. Cedric Benson.

Cedric Benson.

Who wouldve thought that? I was a big believer in the guy and thought he'd rejuvenate his career with the Bengals. I saw him run harder and faster than he ever did with the Bears, but I didn't expect him to be THIS good. He's a beast. I had him as my fantasy sleeper, and he's treating me pretty good right now ;)

Oh, and someone rep Rosebud for me. I said since last year that the Bengals were an up and coming team, but I didn't realize it until after they played the Giants last year. I remember prior to that game Rosebud kept telling me, don't sleep on the Bengals defense, and I was like yeah whatever. After teh game though, I became a believer. I knew that team was legit and would bounce back after seeing them play.

And they are. Theyre a good team despite Carson Palmer looking very mediocre this year. Theyre winning with defense and the run game.

Speaking of which, lets give Jonathan Joseph some love. We know about Corey Webster's dramatic turnaround (top 3 CB in the league imo behind Nmandi and Revis), but Joseph has made an impressive turnaround himself. He's been a damn good CB for 2 years now.
If the Bengals get out of Week 10 with the AFC North lead, count me as a believer. They have a rough stretch coming up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
- This might be the best rookie WR core we've seen in quite some time. The rookie WRs in this draft class are doing an amazing job, and all of them look like they have bright futures.

Britt, Maclin, Nicks, Percy, all are starting out great. We have up and comers in Murphy, possibly Barden, MoMas, Robiskie and Tate, and Im sure Im forgetting some others. The book is out on Crabtree.

Let's not forget the first WR taken overall, our boy DHB....

..... ......sorry Raiders fans.
You forgot Austin Collie, rookie leader in TD catches. :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-The Ravens defense is not what it used to be. They get a lot of credit but a lot of that credit is unwarranted, as they're living off reputation moreso than production. They still have a great run D, but this team can be thrown on. They need to shore up that secondary, they don't have any CBs. This team as a whole I personally feel is a bit overrated, but they do have in my eyes the best oline in the league, a hell of a run game, and a franchise qb.

They still lack weapons on offense, and CBs on defense. I think that will hold them back from winning a championship this year.
The Ravens defense has been exploitable through the air for years, just ask Peyton Manning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-The NFC West is going to have 1 playoff team. It will be the 4 seed. Whoever it is, will promptly be stomped out by whichever Wild Card team plays them.
I think the 49ers (who I'd have coming out of the West right now) could at least compete in a postseason game. They may not win, but they'd put up a fight. I'd watch for them to be contenders in the near future, Singletary has them going in the right direction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-As awful as Dallas has been, they still are 3-2 and can win the NFC East. Anything can happen.
I can't agree with that, they're too sporadic and the Giants are too multidimensional for that to happen. If anyone is in a fight for the East, it's the Giants and Eagles.
__________________


The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
AntoinCD
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Boxscorescouting.com
Posts: 5,746
Reputation: 1665507
AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.AntoinCD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I was a firm believer in this defense, I thought and said it would be better this year than in years past. And it has been. Its desperately missing a pass rush still.

I also feel that it should still use more 3-4 looks than it does. I think its still very capable as a 3-4 defense. At least Bill can mask more blitzes that way.

You brought up a great point that I forgot to mention. Brandon Merriweather has looked incredible thus far. Id go as far as saying he's having a PB year. He's been a huge piece to that defense.

Just wait until Mayo comes back, Butler gets more experience, and they start using Wilfork and Brace together inside. Forgetaboutit.
Yea I wanna have Merriweather's babies. He probably wont go to the pro bowl though because he doesn't have the INTs.

As for Mayo he came back and played about half the defensive snaps yesterday and had a forced fumble so it's looking good defensively.

It also seems that they are prefering to use Myron Pryor instead of Brace inside beside Wilfork or Wright. Not really sure what's up with Brace
__________________


BoneKrusher killing it with the sig
AntoinCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Todd Bertuzzi
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: give me all the bacon and eggs you have
Posts: 7,165
Reputation: 816009
Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Todd Bertuzzi is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

It's not DHB's fault he has Jamarcus throwing to him.
__________________
.......
Todd Bertuzzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: NOVA
Posts: 3,550
Reputation: 104940
BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

nice overall write up/summary of the season thus far :)

I think you nailed it dead on with the Ravens defense, they just aren't playing with that high intensity we all saw last year. The blitzes aren't the same and they are struggling to pressure opposing QB's, which really hurts there secondary. While there offense looks real nice, its not good enough to carry the team. I still think they need a top flight weapon for Flacco in the pass game, so until the Baltimore Raven defense can step it up, I can't see them as a playoff contender, not with solid defensive play.
__________________
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 12:47 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran
 
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,610
Reputation: 77870
Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-Darren Sharper might be one of the least appreciated ball hawk FS's we've seen in the past 10 years. The guy just keeps doing it, but we always overlook him. He should not have been part of 3 teams. Im surprised that this guy has found a hard time sticking with a team. He's not a HOFer, but he's not so bad that he should warrant such little attention in FA.
Sharper in interviews credits a lot of his success to Greg Williams' scheme. He's really been given the freedom to roam in the Defensive backfield, read QB's and and use his instincts to make plays on the ball. I'm guessing the reason he wasn't such a big factor in Minnesota's secondary the past year was because he was restricted to maybe only playing in a confined zone.

Count me in for being wrong on both Cincinnati, and Denver. It's early but both are looking like early favorites for winning their division. I think the Broncos certainly have an easier road as they just need to take care of San Diego.. but the Bengals have shown resiliency, and that they won't back down in the 4th quarter.

San Francisco's showing was poor I agree.. we'll have to see how Singletary gets his team to respond after that.. I still think they can be a solid team but overall they still need quite a few pieces before they will be able to be considered serious NFC contenders. Getting Frank Gore back will go a long way for them.. he really helps cover up how weak the Offensive line is in run blocking with his ability to get yards after contact.

Big game next week in the NFC Giants/Saints. A huge early season test for both teams... Saints Defense has done a great job through the first 4 games but they haven't really faced an experienced Quarterback I'm anxious to see how they fare.. and Manning certainly has had some dangerous weapons emerge for him this season.
__________________
Auron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 9,324
Reputation: 295348
NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
Sharper in interviews credits a lot of his success to Greg Williams' scheme. He's really been given the freedom to roam in the Defensive backfield, read QB's and and use his instincts to make plays on the ball. I'm guessing the reason he wasn't such a big factor in Minnesota's secondary the past year was because he was restricted to maybe only playing in a confined zone.

Count me in for being wrong on both Cincinnati, and Denver. It's early but both are looking like early favorites for winning their division. I think the Broncos certainly have an easier road as they just need to take care of San Diego.. but the Bengals have shown resiliency, and that they won't back down in the 4th quarter.

San Francisco's showing was poor I agree.. we'll have to see how Singletary gets his team to respond after that.. I still think they can be a solid team but overall they still need quite a few pieces before they will be able to be considered serious NFC contenders. Getting Frank Gore back will go a long way for them.. he really helps cover up how weak the Offensive line is in run blocking with his ability to get yards after contact.

Big game next week in the NFC Giants/Saints. A huge early season test for both teams... Saints Defense has done a great job through the first 4 games but they haven't really faced an experienced Quarterback I'm anxious to see how they fare.. and Manning certainly has had some dangerous weapons emerge for him this season.


It's a big game, but too early in the season in my opinion. Things can change by the time playoffs come along. One team can cool off, or both, or 1 team can cool off while another get better or hot at the right time. I remember during our superbowl run, we lost to the Packers, Cowboys, and Pats during the regular season before playing them in the playoffs. So this game is still an important game, I would rather have it at the end of the season. But I agree, I think it will be a fun match up.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Vermillion
Posts: 5,357
Reputation: 336870
vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Cedric Benson is good. But he's not an MVP.
__________________

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
Job
Pro Bowler
 
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Sexy Rexy's cannon arms.
Posts: 4,321
Reputation: 324507
Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Job is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-The NFC West is going to have 1 playoff team. It will be the 4 seed. Whoever it is, will promptly be stomped out by whichever Wild Card team plays them.
Isn't that what everyone was saying last year at that point?

Great write up you did, as usual, can't find many things to disagree on.
Job is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: 40 light-years outside of the Buttermilk Nebula
Posts: 24,700
Reputation: 5056747
SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
-The Bills/Browns game might have been the ugliest NFL game we've seen in quite some time. That was embarassing.
It was about as bad as the game two years ago, but without the massive snowstorm. The only culprits for this one were two terrible, terrible passing games.

We're so bad. Anyone in our back 7 capable of stopping the run is hurt, and our passing game is about 179 degrees away from where it needs to be. Not to mention our coaching and O-line.... 9 false starts? Get out.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.