Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-12-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

let's be honest, the real reason for the Bengals turnaround is this man/god:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.

Last edited by scottyboy : 10-13-2009 at 06:00 PM.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For those of you who didn't watch the game and saw that vid clip:

Just to clarify, the only reason why they sniffed the 10 yard line was bc Sinorice Moss fumbled a punt which they recovered at the 10.

In conclusion, Sinorice Moss sucks.

You know you suck when you suck against the Raiders. It takes a special kind of suck to suck that bad.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
We just got out of a tough stretch :( Divisional games in the AFC North are always tough and emotional, and we just cleared out all 3 divisional rivals in a row.

I think Houston is a weaker opponent than the Ravens and the Steelers by a lot. Chicago is playing well, and maybe they're equal to the Ravens and Steelers as far as talent goes, but they're not better. And then we replay Ravens at home.

These 3 games, in theory, should be easier than our last 3. Next up from there is a tough divisional game against the Steelers, followed by 3 easy ones in Oakland, Cleveland & Detroit.

Even if we lose to the Ravens and Steelers, despite beating them in our first meeting, and Chicago takes us down. We could still be 8-4 by week 13. And that's assuming we don't win any of our hard match ups.

P.S. this was post 1,000 zomg
I was looking at the 4 game stretch as a whole. IMO it's going to take going at least 1-1 against Pittsburgh and Baltimore for the Bengals to stay atop the division, and if that happens, they'd have to win the other 2 matchups against an up and coming team with a lot of promise on offense in Houston (Matt Schaub is quietly one of the Top 10 QBs in the NFL at the moment) and then a team that I would consider a playoff contender at this point in Chicago (Jay Cutler has also been performing great aside from his Week 1 debacle). Then they have their 2 biggest divisional threats right in a row. The good news for them is the next 3 are at home, but then they have to travel to Heinz Field. I like their chances if they emerge from that stretch 3-1, or maybe 2-2 if they don't lose both divisional games. That said, the way they've been winning games and seemingly playing to competition level (see: barely beating the Browns in OT), they're not exactly inspiring the utmost of confidence at this point to say the least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
While I agree that for most of Brady's career he wasn't putting up significantly better number than he's on pace for right now, but never in his career was he as inaccurate as he has been this year. In this past what kept his numbers down was a lack of weapons and dink and dunk passing scheme, not his accuracy. This year he has the weapons and dangerous passing scheme but not the accuracy. I think he'll get that accuracy back as he gets more comfortable, since he seems to get rattled by pressure like he never used to, and when that happens we'll see 2007 Brady again, not the same production but that same leet player.
IMO the reason he's not looking all that great is because he's not getting great protection and he seems to have lost that ridiculous pocket presence that made him a great player prior to 2007. The first time I saw it was in Super Bowl XLII, the Brady of old would never have been sacked that many times and that easily, I watched him dodge many a sack like several of the ones he took in XLII just the year prior in the AFC Championship game, Booger McFarland would have had about 5 sacks in that game if Brady played the way he did in XLII that day. Of course the injury didn't help matters for him, but I think that element of his game has eroded for a variety of reasons and that's what's causing his "less than stellar" performance (which is really right on par with his pre-2007 numbers).

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:04 PM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mmm. I'd be incredibly happy if we were to get Kampman as our LE instead of having Jamaal Anderson out there.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLDirtyBirds View Post
Mmm. I'd be incredibly happy if we were to get Kampman as our LE instead of having Jamaal Anderson out there.
he's still playing?
Old 10-12-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dam8610 View Post
I was looking at the 4 game stretch as a whole. IMO it's going to take going at least 1-1 against Pittsburgh and Baltimore for the Bengals to stay atop the division, and if that happens, they'd have to win the other 2 matchups against an up and coming team with a lot of promise on offense in Houston (Matt Schaub is quietly one of the Top 10 QBs in the NFL at the moment) and then a team that I would consider a playoff contender at this point in Chicago (Jay Cutler has also been performing great aside from his Week 1 debacle). Then they have their 2 biggest divisional threats right in a row. The good news for them is the next 3 are at home, but then they have to travel to Heinz Field. I like their chances if they emerge from that stretch 3-1, or maybe 2-2 if they don't lose both divisional games. That said, the way they've been winning games and seemingly playing to competition level (see: barely beating the Browns in OT), they're not exactly inspiring the utmost of confidence at this point to say the least.

IMO the reason he's not looking all that great is because he's not getting great protection and he seems to have lost that ridiculous pocket presence that made him a great player prior to 2007. The first time I saw it was in Super Bowl XLII, the Brady of old would never have been sacked that many times and that easily, I watched him dodge many a sack like several of the ones he took in XLII just the year prior in the AFC Championship game, Booger McFarland would have had about 5 sacks in that game if Brady played the way he did in XLII that day. Of course the injury didn't help matters for him, but I think that element of his game has eroded for a variety of reasons and that's what's causing his "less than stellar" performance (which is really right on par with his pre-2007 numbers).
I think you have to give Brady more time. He's clearly off with his pocket presence and accuracy. He still has happy feet.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:12 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's still subconsciously afraid IMO. He hurt his knee, and now his brain won't let him keep his feet planted when there's pressure up the middle. He'll get over it eventually, the only question is when.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I think you have to give Brady more time. He's clearly off with his pocket presence and accuracy. He still has happy feet.
I'd agree with you if I hadn't seen the clear decline in his pocket awareness before the injury. I can't blame the guy, I mean he was getting copious amounts of time to throw for pretty much an entire season, but I think that really served to erode his pocket awareness and the injury was just the icing on the cake. Really the same problem showed in the 2007 AFC Championship, as well as the games in the regular season that the Patriots struggled to win (the Colts, Eagles, and Ravens all got a ton of pressure on him for the majority of the game, and he was taking sacks that he wouldn't have taken in years prior), but the Super Bowl was where it reared its head the most.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:47 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'd agree with you if I hadn't seen the clear decline in his pocket awareness before the injury. I can't blame the guy, I mean he was getting copious amounts of time to throw for pretty much an entire season, but I think that really served to erode his pocket awareness and the injury was just the icing on the cake. Really the same problem showed in the 2007 AFC Championship, as well as the games in the regular season that the Patriots struggled to win (the Colts, Eagles, and Ravens all got a ton of pressure on him for the majority of the game, and he was taking sacks that he wouldn't have taken in years prior), but the Super Bowl was where it reared its head the most.
I remember the 2007 AFC Championship game, because Brady didn't look all that invincible and he certainly got beat up. Glancing from that to the Giants pass rush, I remember thinking that 19-0 wasn't in the bag by a long shot.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It doesnt help that JR is his QB but DHB is reall just Troy Williamson 1.1

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You bring up the Super Bowl, but remember, he was playing hurt during that game. It got shoved under the mat when the Giants won, but before, they were saying how Brady hurt something in his leg, which could affect his mobility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
Forenci
Super Monkey Balls
All-Pro

Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Forenci is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For those of you who didn't watch the game and saw that vid clip:

Just to clarify, the only reason why they sniffed the 10 yard line was bc Sinorice Moss fumbled a punt which they recovered at the 10.

In conclusion, Sinorice Moss sucks.

You know you suck when you suck against the Raiders. It takes a special kind of suck to suck that bad.
I think you're being far to harsh on Moss, honestly. He messed up there but other than that he's done a solid job catching punts and even looked good on a couple of returns after that (or before) as I recall.

He will probably never work out to be worth a second round pick but if he can return kicks/punts effectively and help on special teams thats more than a lot of players who become busts can do.

Keep in mind he also mind a really nice special teams tackle in the game too!
Old 10-12-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
Iamcanadian
All-NFLDC

Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Iamcanadian is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just thought I'd mention that Woodley is 6'2" and not a 6' smurf. The beauty of the 3-4 is that their OLB's don't have to be great athletes as they are only asked to cover one quarter of the field while a 4-3 OLB's must cover one third of the field.
You might not like the Cover 2 defense but both the Giants and the Steelers used it as their primary defense in their Super Bowl victories to shut down 2 great passing attacks in NE and Arizona. I think more and more teams are rotating their defenses to suit the situation rather than relying on one fixed type.
Cincy IMO, is on the rise because of 2 factors. 1) Palmer is healthy for the
1st time in 3 years and is just proving how much a franchise QB means to a football team. 2) Benson has finally stepped forward and become the RB every scout thought he would be when he was drafted by Chicago. These 2 factors have permitted Cincy to give their defense lots of rest during the game, a whole different story from last season.
New England is a team that has undergone a massive defensive change and including injuries, just isn't the defensive team they were. Brady like Peyton last year, is coming off an injury and isn't performing up to snuff. He is rusty and missing open receivers like I have never known him to do. New England may slip into a playoff spot but it will be next year before they are back to where they were IMO.
I may have to eat humble pie re McDaniels' success with his 5-0 record but I still remember that Zorn was 5-0 last year in his rookie season so I'm not yet jumping on his bandwagon but I am definitely wavering.
It is quite obvious that Merriman is also not all the way back from his injury and when you add in how poor a HC Turner is, San Diego is a very good bet to miss the playoffs.
I predicted Tennessee's fall from grace and I think I am the only one who predicted that VY would be their starting QB by mid season.
The Oakland Raiders are a dead team living in the dead zone until Al Davis passes away. They will not compete again until that happens. Cable is a terrible HC but a good soldier who does what Al tells him to do. I must say that Russell never had a chance in that dysfunctional organization and I wonder if he will resurrect his career with another team.
Mangini showed his lack of scouting ability when he traded Sanchez to the Jets, passing on a franchise QB his team so desperately needed. He was unable to project how good Sanchez would be with time and will continue to prove to be a disaster as the man who runs the draft for Cleveland.
Dallas is a lot worse than I thought. Jerry Jones has run this franchise into the ground and no matter how good a salesman he is, this team is going nowhere fast.
I thought Pittsburgh was dead for this season with no running attack and a mediocre OL that couldn't protect Roethlisberger without a running attack to slow up the pass rush. How wrong I was. Mendenhall is the answer to all their problems, who knew???

Last edited by Iamcanadian : 10-12-2009 at 10:21 PM.
Iamcanadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
he's still playing?

We actually moved Anderson to starting DT (we were desperate with Jerry's injury) and starting Biermann at LE. Anderson has been due to move inside for a while now, he is easily over 300-lbs and does well against the run.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 10:42 PM    (permalink
Flyboy
All-Pro

Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Flyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Old Man Sharper has been giving me a woody this season.
The whole world loves neophyte athletic tight end Jimmy Graham from Miami with the 95th pick. "Best pick in the draft,'' one AFC coach told me. "Give him time, and in that offense, he'll be better than [Jeremy] Shockey by the start of next year.''

“We know that no matter the adversity, be it the lockout, be it the suspension or be it a hurricane, our men will pull together and defend the honor of this city. We’ve shown we’ve been able to do that.” - Jabari Greer
Flyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 03:01 AM    (permalink
wogitalia
Pro Bowler

wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wogitalia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
-Darren Sharper might be one of the least appreciated ball hawk FS's we've seen in the past 10 years. The guy just keeps doing it, but we always overlook him. He should not have been part of 3 teams. Im surprised that this guy has found a hard time sticking with a team. He's not a HOFer, but he's not so bad that he should warrant such little attention in FA.
Great write up.

I can only speak from someone who watched him the last few years in Minny but you pretty much described why he is a great safety but also why he has had 3 teams. Sharper is a pure ball hawk, he will not prioritise the run and he will not play a zone or assignment. The Saints are using him flawlessly so far, they have told him to sit back and ball hawk, for the Vikings he was horrible the last 2 years, he would sit back and ball hawk and leave massive gaps in the zone as a result, whether you like the cover 2 or not, it is what the Vikes run/ran and he was just a really bad and costly fit in that system.

Can't speak for why the Packers let him go but I imagine it was also scheme related as that is Sharpers biggest flaw.

Props to BK on the sig!
wogitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:00 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babylon View Post
To me the Pats just arent the team they were two years ago, on either side of the ball. They easily could have lost the Buffalo and Baltimore. Brady doesnt have the time to throw and to me Moss looks timid. Just my take.
It's Brady who looks timid too, & Moss is a non-factor, caught a grand total of 1 ball Sunday. The Patriots don't have that lynchpin player that they had in the past, & they seem to run out of gas in the 4th qtr. Showing its age? Yeah. maybe this is the beginning of the end of the Beilichik Empire that has been predicted lately & overdue by 2 yrs. Miami showed that the Fins from Landshark Stadium (love that name) are circling with MVP candidate Sanchez & the Jets to take the NFC East crown.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:37 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What are you going on about C2 defense BBD?
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
edit; maybe not.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know how much blame you can really put on Rivera, the Chargers simply don't have the talent to be a good defense.

Look, their DL is terrible. Not one of those guys pulls a double team. In '06 and even '07 they had Jamal and Merriman commanding doubles leaving Castillo/Ceasire/Igor and Phillips singled and sometimes an unaccounted for blitzing Inside backer...

Look at the initial burst at the line, particularly against Pitt and Balt. The DL gets moved backwards 3 yards every running play. Their safeties and corners get more tackles on runs than their LBs. You can't scheme for that.

They have no NT. Nwagbo is getting beat one on one which now leaves an open OG to penetrate the second level and decimate their LB's. Same is true for the pass rush. They can no longer get an inside rush because there is an extra OG to pick them up.

The back 7 is also hampered by terrible players like Burnett, Cromartie, Hart, and this gimped version of Merriman. Cooper is the only guy on the front seven playing well.

I don't think Rivera is especially good, but he doesn't have much to work with right now. AJ Smith deserves most of the blame, he hasn't done a good job the past few years.

Last edited by Basileus777 : 10-13-2009 at 05:39 PM.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:58 PM    (permalink
Crazy_Chris
Pro Bowler

Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Crazy_Chris is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
- This might be the best rookie WR core we've seen in quite some time. The rookie WRs in this draft class are doing an amazing job, and all of them look like they have bright futures.

Britt, Maclin, Nicks, Percy, all are starting out great. We have up and comers in Murphy, possibly Barden, MoMas, Robiskie and Tate, and Im sure Im forgetting some others. The book is out on Crabtree.

Let's not forget the first WR taken overall, our boy DHB....

..... ......sorry Raiders fans.
Indeed it is very impressive how many rookie WRs are making impacts this year. Although not as impressive due to the much easier positional transition from college to pro game. I thought that this class of Rookie LBs deserve a mention too. They are all making some plays for their teams. Clay Mattews has a sack and the play were he rips the ball out of Peterson's hands, Lauriniatis picked of Favre, Maualuga has a sack 2 forced fumbles, Brian Cushing has a Safety and 3 passes defensed, and Aaron Curry has 2 sacks and 2 FFs. So far it would seem to have been a very good year to draft a LB or WR.
Crazy_Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
bernbabybern820
Pro Bowler

bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bernbabybern820 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
I don't know how much blame you can really put on Rivera, the Chargers simply don't have the talent to be a good defense.

Look, their DL is terrible. Not one of those guys pulls a double team. In '06 and even '07 they had Jamal and Merriman commanding doubles leaving Castillo/Ceasire/Igor and Phillips singled and sometimes an unaccounted for blitzing Inside backer...

Look at the initial burst at the line, particularly against Pitt and Balt. The DL gets moved backwards 3 yards every running play. Their safeties and corners get more tackles on runs than their LBs. You can't scheme for that.

They have no NT. Nwagbo is getting beat one on one which now leaves an open OG to penetrate the second level and decimate their LB's. Same is true for the pass rush. They can no longer get an inside rush because there is an extra OG to pick them up.

The back 7 is also hampered by terrible players like Burnett, Cromartie, Hart, and this gimped version of Merriman. Cooper is the only guy on the front seven playing well.

I don't think Rivera is especially good, but he doesn't have much to work with right now. AJ Smith deserves most of the blame, he hasn't done a good job the past few years.
The Raiders running game gashed them and Jamarcus Russell threw a td on them. Nuff said.
They said I couldn't be a high school QB. They said I couldn't get a D1 scholarship. BeerBaron said I couldn't beat the Bears. - Tebow

Proving the doubters wrong.
bernbabybern820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
i think my disdain for the base Tampa 2 scheme (as we once knew it) is well documented.

i will say this though, i don't have an issue with the play, and i don't think any teams in the league run it in its pure form anymore.

but it still sucks.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:57 PM    (permalink
fenikz
Pillow Hat Pal
Legend

fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.fenikz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone said that about the NFC West last year and we "promptly stomped out' everyone on the way to the Superbowl only to be ****** over by mr. zebra

fenikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Everyone said that about the NFC West last year and we "promptly stomped out' everyone on the way to the Superbowl only to be ****** over by mr. zebra
The only team that has a chance in my eyes out of the West is Seattle, if they can stay healthy.

Seattle is actually a pretty good team. But Jim Mora coaches them, and Hasselbeck is injury prone.

And that oline is shakey.