Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The only team that has a chance in my eyes out of the West is Seattle, if they can stay healthy.

Seattle is actually a pretty good team. But Jim Mora coaches them, and Hasselbeck is injury prone.

And that oline is shakey.
I'd take the Rams and Cardinals ahead of seattle. The seahawks can't run the ball, hasselback is undependable, they have a terrible head coach and that D is no longer even near the elite.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think my disdain for the base Tampa 2 scheme (as we once knew it) is well documented.

i will say this though, i don't have an issue with the play, and i don't think any teams in the league run it in its pure form anymore.

but it still sucks.
I think it's a decent scheme to go to once you establish a solid lead, maybe 10 points or more. Makes the opposing Offense have to work their way down the field, taking more time off the clock, and the hope is that they'll slip up somewhere a long the way.

It's just that tackling really needs to be emphasized in this scheme.. opposing QBs will complete passes against your shell Cover 2... it's up to your guys to go up and make the tackle right away... or else you're giving up way more chunks of unnecessary yardage then intended.

I also believe Cover 2, leaves the middle of the field too exposed far too often... We're seeing more and more athletic pass catching Tight Ends coming into this league and the Jason Witten's, Ben Watson's, Kellen Winslow's..etc eat the Cover 2 for lunch simply by running an 8-route right in the middle seam of that Defense... and there aren't enough Brian Urlachers, Lofa Tatupu's in the league to really drive back and get depths in their drops to really effectively cover that Deep middle zone.

You saw Brady in week 1 MNF.. essentially win that game with the same plays, against the same Defense. As soon as he read Cover 2 he knew exactly which part of the field to attack.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:24 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
I don't know how much blame you can really put on Rivera, the Chargers simply don't have the talent to be a good defense.

Look, their DL is terrible. Not one of those guys pulls a double team. In '06 and even '07 they had Jamal and Merriman commanding doubles leaving Castillo/Ceasire/Igor and Phillips singled and sometimes an unaccounted for blitzing Inside backer...

Look at the initial burst at the line, particularly against Pitt and Balt. The DL gets moved backwards 3 yards every running play. Their safeties and corners get more tackles on runs than their LBs. You can't scheme for that.

They have no NT. Nwagbo is getting beat one on one which now leaves an open OG to penetrate the second level and decimate their LB's. Same is true for the pass rush. They can no longer get an inside rush because there is an extra OG to pick them up.

The back 7 is also hampered by terrible players like Burnett, Cromartie, Hart, and this gimped version of Merriman. Cooper is the only guy on the front seven playing well.

I don't think Rivera is especially good, but he doesn't have much to work with right now. AJ Smith deserves most of the blame, he hasn't done a good job the past few years.
Cooper's not playing well. There's not a single player on the front 7 that should be starting right now for a contending team, with the exception of maaaaaaaybe Shaun Phillips. In the secondary, you have Jammer playing exceptionally, Weddle being as average as it gets, and utter bile in Cromartie and Hart. It's a bad, bad group.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WTH happened to Cro?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
HawkEye30
Rookie

HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkEye30 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
I'd take the Rams and Cardinals ahead of seattle. The seahawks can't run the ball, hasselback is undependable, they have a terrible head coach and that D is no longer even near the elite.
Woah, Woah, Woah. I will admit that seattle might not be the best team in the division, but im not exactly sure how you can say we are worse than the rams(who we blew out in week one)? And I guess you can say hasslbeck is undependable because of his injuries these past two seasons but im willing to say that seneca wallace is more dependable then marc bulger and kyle boller combined. So in short, the rams are definitely the worst team in our division.

Props to BoneKrusher for the sig
Hit me up on XBOX Live: totallynotalex
HawkEye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 10:04 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Rams would be the worst team in any division. Even the Big 12 North.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-14-2009, 11:12 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidae-KC View Post
Great writeup like usual. Always enjoy these.

Thank you for mentioning Tamba Hali. Most thought it would be a rough transition for him moving to 3-4 OLB but he has shown flashes. He lost weight, he is working hard, and he is going to stick there. Gotta root for a guy that plays as hard as he does every play.
Dallas' OL coach Hudson Houck was very complementary of Hali, saying before the game that he would be the best pass rusher Dallas had faced all year to this point in the season. Considering that we've played against the likes of Justin Tuck, Osi, Peppers, Gaines Adams and Elvis Dumervil, that is saying quite a bit.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Dallas' OL coach Hudson Houck was very complementary of Hali, saying before the game that he would be the best pass rusher Dallas had faced all year to this point in the season. Considering that we've played against the likes of Justin Tuck, Osi, Peppers, Gaines Adams and Elvis Dumervil, that is saying quite a bit.
Perhaps you need a new OL coach then? Hali is nowhere close to the likes of Peppers, Tuck, Osi, and Dumervil.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i think my disdain for the base Tampa 2 scheme (as we once knew it) is well documented.

i will say this though, i don't have an issue with the play, and i don't think any teams in the league run it in its pure form anymore.

but it still sucks.

Well I never was a fan of the TAMPA 2 either, but Kiffin ran that thing perfectly. He had an amazing personnel to run it as well. I prefer a more aggressive style of defense, but there is a difference than a C2 defense and base TAMPA 2.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:33 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
WTH happened to Cro?
They stopped getting ridiculously good pressure, and the corners ended up looking closer to their actual ability.

See: Finnegan, Cortland and Hope, Chris and the 2009-2010 Tennessee Titans.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:04 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Perhaps you need a new OL coach then? Hali is nowhere close to the likes of Peppers, Tuck, Osi, and Dumervil.

I thought something similar. You hear some crazy ish from "inside sources" like that, but let's be real. Hudson Houck is an OL legend. He was the man that brought the early 90s Cowboys OLs, the best of my lifetime, together and turned them into the dominant units they were. He has a looooong history success in the league and knows all there is to know about rushing the passer and neutralizing that rush. This isn't some 32 year old junior assistant we're talking about. This is one of the old guard.

Now, there is always the possibility that he's gone senile and no one has noticed yet because they're too busy trying to put out the raging wildfires in the Cowboy organization.....but what are the chances of that?

But take it fwiw.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought something similar. You hear some crazy ish from "inside sources" like that, but let's be real. Hudson Houck is an OL legend. He was the man that brought the early 90s Cowboys OLs, the best of my lifetime, together and turned them into the dominant units they were. He has a looooong history success in the league and knows all there is to know about rushing the passer and neutralizing that rush. This isn't some 32 year old junior assistant we're talking about. This is one of the old guard.

Now, there is always the possibility that he's gone senile and no one has noticed yet because they're too busy trying to put out the raging wildfires in the Cowboy organization.....but what are the chances of that?

But take it fwiw.
This is true. Maybe he's seen something that no one else has yet so I'll try to keep an eye on Hali more this year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:17 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by awfullyquiet View Post
They stopped getting ridiculously good pressure, and the corners ended up looking closer to their actual ability.

See: Finnegan, Cortland and Hope, Chris and the 2009-2010 Tennessee Titans.
Only half true, I blame quite a bit of it on Cro just not giving a damn about anything. He is a lollygagger on the field.
Old 10-14-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
PalmerToCJ
Team Leader
All-Pro

PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PalmerToCJ is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
let's be honest, the real reason for the Bengals turnaround is this man/god:

This is the truth. Seriously, the guy gets it done. Whenever we need a big 3rd down catch or something he's there. Last week, on 2nd down late the Center snapped the ball before Carson was ready. Hits Carson in the leg, could've easily cost us the game but BAM! The god Leonard is there to jump on the fumble. Honestly, I do like what he brings to the team lol.

As for the Broncos, I wrote on the Bengals forum after our loss to them that although they're not big on talent... They were definitely well coached, you could see that in week one. We completely shut them down offensively in the 1st half but McDaniels came out in the 2nd half with that New England style of quick hit offense and they started to move the ball on us.
PalmerToCJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkEye30 View Post
Woah, Woah, Woah. I will admit that seattle might not be the best team in the division, but im not exactly sure how you can say we are worse than the rams(who we blew out in week one)? And I guess you can say hasslbeck is undependable because of his injuries these past two seasons but im willing to say that seneca wallace is more dependable then marc bulger and kyle boller combined. So in short, the rams are definitely the worst team in our division.
Yeah, that was a brain fart on my part, I meant to say the 49ers and Cardinals.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Xenos
Veteran

Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Xenos is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Cooper's not playing well. There's not a single player on the front 7 that should be starting right now for a contending team, with the exception of maaaaaaaybe Shaun Phillips. In the secondary, you have Jammer playing exceptionally, Weddle being as average as it gets, and utter bile in Cromartie and Hart. It's a bad, bad group.
And I thank God everyday that we have such a average safety like Weddle to make sure that there is no home run every time a run play is called. That guy is literally our last line of defense against the run, which is very sad if you think about it.

Plus, he gets way too much flak from Chargers fans. He's a great FS who keeps the big plays from happening, but can also come close to the LOS and blitz well.
Xenos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 11:55 PM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like a lot of what I've seen of Weddle, right now the problem in SD from what I've seen this year is their linebacker play.

They've got talent but it's not getting the job done.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:26 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron View Post
I think it's a decent scheme to go to once you establish a solid lead, maybe 10 points or more. Makes the opposing Offense have to work their way down the field, taking more time off the clock, and the hope is that they'll slip up somewhere a long the way.

It's just that tackling really needs to be emphasized in this scheme.. opposing QBs will complete passes against your shell Cover 2... it's up to your guys to go up and make the tackle right away... or else you're giving up way more chunks of unnecessary yardage then intended.

I also believe Cover 2, leaves the middle of the field too exposed far too often... We're seeing more and more athletic pass catching Tight Ends coming into this league and the Jason Witten's, Ben Watson's, Kellen Winslow's..etc eat the Cover 2 for lunch simply by running an 8-route right in the middle seam of that Defense... and there aren't enough Brian Urlachers, Lofa Tatupu's in the league to really drive back and get depths in their drops to really effectively cover that Deep middle zone.

You saw Brady in week 1 MNF.. essentially win that game with the same plays, against the same Defense. As soon as he read Cover 2 he knew exactly which part of the field to attack.
That's why you mix coverages up and try to disguise them. Obviously the stuff that's run is well scouted and prepared by scouting and breaking down film. C2, in general, is a fine coverage, you just have to mix it up and disguise it. But there different variations of that coverage as well as other coverages you can add to the mix. It really isn't a big deal.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 11:28 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

Quote:

But take it fwiw.
Ocho Cinco once said Leigh Bodden was the best corner he had ever faced. Sometimes people say things for some reason that are clearly not true. Both of these are examples of that.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-15-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenos View Post
And I thank God everyday that we have such a average safety like Weddle to make sure that there is no home run every time a run play is called. That guy is literally our last line of defense against the run, which is very sad if you think about it.

Plus, he gets way too much flak from Chargers fans. He's a great FS who keeps the big plays from happening, but can also come close to the LOS and blitz well.
Yeah I don't have any real beef with Weddle, especially considering he's not even close to the real problem, but he is truly unspectacular on a defense that really needs a couple more standout players.
Old 10-15-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Chucky
All-NFLDC

Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Chucky is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fenikz View Post
Everyone said that about the NFC West last year and we "promptly stomped out' everyone on the way to the Superbowl only to be ****** over by mr. zebra

Lame...what is it about NFC West fans?
Chucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
Stick around, you may see a housecleaning in the Dallas coaching staff if they continue to stuggle into overtime to beat winless teams & melt down vs. the major NFL powers. Remember, a big p/o the Dallas braintrust including their scouts & Sparano were raided by Parcells & jumped ship to Miami. This, coupled with Garrett's underachieving in playcalling as OC, has created big problems in the front office.

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

Quote:
they're too busy trying to put out the raging wildfires in the Cowboy organization.
sackmachine nailed it there. If they lose to the clownish, thumblefuck Raiders on Thanxgiving I think Jerry Jones will go into firing mode & there will be hell to pay.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

I'm rooting for some legit failure in Dallas just to get Wade Phillips back. His defensive regime was the last time the bolts bothered to really get aggressive with their blitz tactics. Cottrell and Rivera both call games like they're coaching a 4-3.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
Basileus777
All-Pro

Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Basileus777 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
They've got talent but it's not getting the job done.
I don't think they really have much talent on defense. Other than Merriman (who sucks right now), the best player on that defense is Quentin Jammer. Even if Castillo and Cromartie's draft status is fooling you into thinking they are any good, I don't really know how anyone could look at that defense and say it's loaded with talent.
Basileus777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basileus777 View Post
I don't think they really have much talent on defense. Other than Merriman (who sucks right now), the best player on that defense is Quentin Jammer. Even if Castillo and Cromartie's draft status is fooling you into thinking they are any good, I don't really know how anyone could look at that defense and say it's loaded with talent.
Don't forget...Phillips? Yah it's bad over here. Throw in the #32 running game and I don't feel so bad about the signed Rivers photo under my pillow.