Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > The Locker Room > Off Topic

Off Topic Almost Anything Goes

Old 01-09-2011, 06:02 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
WTF is this ****.
I'm not sure, but they canceled school because of it.

2 C 5:6-8 Jakob Murphy aka themaninblack
CJSchneider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:12 PM    (permalink
thefalconer
Pro Bowler

thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thefalconer is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i think i'm experiencing a blizzard. i think.
thefalconer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

good lord, give me a snow day.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:18 PM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CJSchneider is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll be sure to tell you what it's like. My plan is to sleep in until about 8.

Old 01-09-2011, 11:21 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow, the sky is taking a major dump on Athens.

^What I just did to your argument
Halsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 11:25 PM    (permalink
SuperMcGee
Team Leader
Legend

SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SuperMcGee is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
I have one more semester of 8 being considered far from sleeping in.

I was happy when I started to write that, but further reflection has made me very sad.
SuperMcGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:01 AM    (permalink
ElectricEye
Icon

ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ElectricEye is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Snow storm failed. Only a few inches.

R.I.P. Junior Seau
ElectricEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 06:48 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJSchneider View Post
cold as hell, ice mist falling from sky... pavement is bone dry

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 10:18 AM    (permalink
CJSchneider
Team Leader
Icon

It's colder than a witch's tit in a brass bra outside.

Old 01-10-2011, 12:03 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahhaha didnt know this thread existed. am i the only meteorologist on this site??? ;)

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looks like we'll be getting another 6-12 inches in NJ tomorrow night into Wednesday morning.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:30 PM    (permalink
SeanTaylorRIP
Ghettosermon
Legend

SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.SeanTaylorRIP is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2-4 inches expected in D.C., definitely taking the Metro to work, as D.C. drivers are the worst in the world in snow and just last month with an inch of snow I got rear ended while I was stopped at a red light. Ridiculous.

Sig By:The Dynasty

2 7 Round Mocks: April 20
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...50#post2577350
Full NBA Mock Draft: Updated May 18
http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...=1#post2602966
SeanTaylorRIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 12:54 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Halsey is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel bad for people who really need to be on the road, but the roads here are ridiculous and I can't help but laugh at people who get on the roads unnecessarily and then get in trouble.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:05 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dear my friends from the South (South = anywhere south of Chicago):

Please tell your friends to stop being little babies about 2-4 inches of snow. I realize that part of the problem is there isn't enough/the right equipment to deal with this downpour of snow, and that if I were any of you I would also be super happy at getting a day off.

But the fact remains, 4 inches of snow is not enough to cause places to close or people to freak out and not know how to do anything, mainly drive a car.

This is the 2nd time in like 2 months that Nashville got 2-3 inches of snow, and the finance center for my company has closed because A. people can't get to work because they are scared B. people can't get to work because they have gotten in accidents because driving in a couple inches of snow is impossible and C. they closed because they just assume it's too much snow.

So enjoy your snow days, and I know some places actually got a lot of snow so this isn't aimed at you, but when you get back to work, please inform all your peers to stop being little bitches so that I can actually get something done at work instead of having to wait the week it will take to clear 2 inches of snow from the roads.

/rant
iowatreat54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's ok my company just closed their offices in Charlotte because of sleet and freezing rain. That's just insane that people are scared of that. It's not even snow!!

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 01:24 PM    (permalink
Halsey
All-Pro

It's not just 2-4 inches. There are places in the south getting dumped on. We've got at least 6 inches in Athens. It snowed all night.

Old 01-10-2011, 01:37 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.iowatreat54 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halsey View Post
It's not just 2-4 inches. There are places in the south getting dumped on. We've got at least 6 inches in Athens. It snowed all night.

Yea, I know some places further south got a lot. But in Nashville (at least the part where our building is) got like 3 inches, and everyone's said the whole city has shut down practically.

And in the past, places in the south have gotten a couple inches and freaked out. Basically my main problem is people lose all types of common sense just because of a little snow. Your driving in snow, first of all, should change from how you drive normally. Second, just because you have never seen/driven in snow does not mean it's impossible or give you an excuse to be an idiot. Handle it relatively the same way you would drive in a large rain storm, obviously with some more precautions that you can use common sense to figure out.

It just baffles me how I've walked to work in 5 or 6 inches of snow, and yet places get 2 inches and can't drive because it's not safe to get to work or just flat out don't know how to.

That said, I hope all you with snow days are enjoying them while I hate my life at work right now.
Old 01-10-2011, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm taking a winter intersession class at Ole Miss and we had class canceled today, there's like eight inches on the ground here. Class will probably get canceled tomorrow too. This is my fourth year here and we've only got "dustings" with no accumulation two or three times, this is ridiculous.

I am from MA and this was a legitimate snowstorm. There are no plows, no sand, no salt, and no shovels. Nobody knows how to drive in it, it has been really ugly around here but I am really enjoying watching people panic and coming to me for help just because I am from the north.

Now it is my turn to say...

"I can do nothing for ya son"

HA! Shove those yankee jokes right up your ass!

Last edited by Don Vito : 01-10-2011 at 01:46 PM.
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 02:58 PM    (permalink
proshoota25
Pro Bowler

proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.proshoota25 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

madd funny don vito...... expecting 8-14 inches here in central Rhode Island with winds kicking up to 35 mph..... should be fun.

Thanks to BoneKrusher for this amazing sig!

Go Gators/Pats/Celts/Red Sox!
proshoota25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 03:30 PM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

4 inches of snow and a state of emergency, hahahaha, Minnesota would be in a state of emergency every day in the winter. Sucks tho cuz I have a connecting flight in Atlanta tomorrow to get to Orlando and somewhere much warmer than Minnesota. So please go away snow in Atlanta!
Old 01-10-2011, 04:11 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's just kinda rainy here with highs in the 60s.

Be jealous?

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 04:23 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
It's just kinda rainy here with highs in the 60s.

Be jealous?
It's slightly overcast and 30ish today with little to no wind in Chicago. Nice warm day compared to normal.

Although, we are supposed to get like 4-5 inches of snow tonight. So there's that to look forward to.
Old 01-10-2011, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Caddy
Team Leader
Legend

Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Caddy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's hot and humid and uncomfortable. :\

Caddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2011, 05:17 PM    (permalink
iowatreat54
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddy View Post
It's hot and humid and uncomfortable. :\
I would be jealous of the first part of that, but I like the cold much more than being hot and uncomfortable.

Love me some 40/50 degree weather, a little overcast and not too sunny with maybe a little breeze. Mmmmmmm.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:24 AM    (permalink
yodabear
Magic Fingers
Legend

yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yodabear is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well at least they didn't make us go to the airport and wait for us to sit around for hours on end. My flight was cancelled due to snow, not cuz of snow at MSP (Minneapolis-St. Paul), but at the ATL. Damn! But luckily we knew quite early and got to reschedule for first thing Wednesday morning flying through Milwaukee instead of Atlanta. But dang! A snow storm in Atlanta.