Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-13-2009, 08:43 PM    (permalink
jriles0522
Veteran

jriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairjriles0522 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair
Default Brady Quinn Puts House for Sale

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=19110

Thoughts about whether he'll be moved by deadline?

Reminds me of when Cutler put his up for sale in Denver just before being moved to Chicago.

I think Mangini has shown that if you don't want to be in Cleveland, he will move your ass out. Just hope there are enough people that actually want to play in Cleveland.

sig by BoneKrusher
jriles0522 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yea knowing Mangini he will be moved and it will be like Edwards Cleveland fans will be sick after they see Quinn with a another team doing what Cleveland thought he could do. Quinn needs a better supporting cast around him

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still believe in Brady Quinn.

He shown me he can read defenses. He's just trigger shy and has been beat up mentally. He needs to be broken down by a good supporting system, and they need to start over with him the way the Giants are doing with Carr.

His road to recovery should be much quicker than Carr's under the right team.

I think Tennessee should give a serious look.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Sims 90 View Post
Yea knowing Mangini he will be moved and it will be like Edwards Cleveland fans will be sick after they see Quinn with a another team doing what Cleveland thought he could do. Quinn needs a better supporting cast around him
Assuming they do trade him, which is still in doubt, how I feel will depend largely on what they get.

I do not see the point of rushing this, because the supporting cast does need an infusion of talent, specifically finishing the building of the OLine and establishing a consistent running game.

Quinn's impact on the cap is minimal as well.

If they do move him, they must be saying he's done. His problem has been the fact he's been looking at the pass rush instead of his receivers. If that can be fixed, he can be a QB in this league. If not, the guy is done anyway.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:19 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What about St. Louis? ( I know I always include us in young players with a lot of potential. )

But I'm serious, we're looking for a franchise QB, Quinn has that potential and hasn't been really given a chance..

Who knows.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
JFLO
Pro Bowler

JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JFLO is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The more Cleveland sucks and trades their players away, the more I hate them. I don't know if it is just Mangina or the awful play (probably a combination of both) but it kinda irks me how bad that team is playing. Same way with Oakland, but Al Davis is just senile.

BoneKruser with the DOPE sig
JFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFLO View Post
The more Cleveland sucks and trades their players away, the more I hate them. I don't know if it is just Mangina or the awful play (probably a combination of both) but it kinda irks me how bad that team is playing. Same way with Oakland, but Al Davis is just senile.
Yea but the bengals have Mike Brown i would put him up there with Al Davis as one of the worst owners in the league and somehow we are winning with Brown as the owner

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wow he lives like 2 streets from me, I should go egg it right guys ;)

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
NotRickJames
Veteran

NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NotRickJames is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with the guy who said trade him to St. Louis. Get rid of Null or Boller and throw in a late round draft pick. Deal.

I like Quinn a lot, and really think he'll do well if given a solid chance elsewhere. That Cleveland team is ATROCIOUS.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:37 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Isn't he built for a WCO? We have Steven Jackson as the cornerstone, we have some young playmakers at WR when the Playbook is opened and have a good TE in Daniel Fells.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
brat316
bhaarat316
All-NFLDC

brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.brat316 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

trade Brady!!!

potential teams

Bills
Rams
?

Trade him for a second.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:48 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
I like Quinn a lot, and really think he'll do well if given a solid chance elsewhere. That Cleveland team is ATROCIOUS.
Yeah, and the Rams are ******* spectacular.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
Old 10-13-2009, 09:49 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotRickJames View Post
I agree with the guy who said trade him to St. Louis. Get rid of Null or Boller and throw in a late round draft pick. Deal.

You're complaining that he's on an atrocious team, and your solution is send him to the Rams?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quinn may be suffering from Tim Couch syndrome: A good quarterback who suffers from being on a Cleveland Browns team that just doesn't have the talent, and is mentally/physically broken as a result.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
God damn it, why must I always be a second slow?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
what recovery? dude is a career back-up at best.
I think we might see Carr in a starting role next year.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Raiderz4Life
All-NFLDC

Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Raiderz4Life is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinslowBodden View Post
im sure he is aware of his teams short comings and just because the rams suck doesnt mean he cant something that true...the Browns ATROCIOUS

Props to BK for the sig
"Dying ain't much of a living, boy" -Josey Wales
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitanHope View Post
R4L does security, and strips on the weekend.
He told me the best part is being able to wear the same uniform to both jobs.
Raiderz4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:56 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

No the Rams aren't spectacular, obviously.. But Quinn is known for being very accurate and to an extent mobile. Something you idealy want in a "West Coast Offense". The Rams run that, they also have a workhouse running back who could take some attention off of Quinn, as I said up above.

Also, I think Spagnuolo could get something out of the kid. Quinn hasn't really had a coach to help him much or stand beside him. Spagnuolo is a great coach and highly respected among his players.

I wouldn't mind if the Rams took a shot at him. See if he can do anything and try and mold him this season, if he becomes successful then we can skip on a franchise QB this offseason.

Old 10-13-2009, 10:01 PM    (permalink
falloutboy14
Veteran

falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.falloutboy14 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The first team I thought of was Minnesota. Farve's 40 & I wouldn't want to go into a season with Jackson/Rosenfels. With Peterson, an O-line, and respectable receivers, who knows.
falloutboy14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:06 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
based on him going 9-14 for 90 against the raiders?

don't get me wrong, i'm not saying he's garbage, but i don't buy the notion that he really really was a first round talent. he is what he is. and it's funny that people really want to make the exact same excuses for quinn now.

*shrug*

No it's not just because of his Raiders performance. He still has a very good arm and if you put a real line in front of him he can do a very good job. The Giants coaching staff pretty much built him back up from scratch where he could start for a team.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2009, 10:08 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I still believe in Brady Quinn.

He shown me he can read defenses. He's just trigger shy and has been beat up mentally. He needs to be broken down by a good supporting system, and they need to start over with him the way the Giants are doing with Carr.

His road to recovery should be much quicker than Carr's under the right team.

I think Tennessee should give a serious look.
I was thinking of the same thing. I loved him coming out of Notre Dame. The thing is though Bud Adams loves VY, and they still think he is the future of the team. The only way we trade for a QB is if VY comes in this season and looks horrible from the start point to the end point. I could see giving up a 3rd or so for him, or players (which is how Mangini seems to love going through trades, getting quantity for quality).

I'd be a go for it if Young can't prove himself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:00 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
*shrug* fair enough. it could happen (although i disagree with "good job", let alone the silly, unsubstantiated superlative). but if it does, the team that gives him the reins either does so because they need a kerry collins and know that's what they're getting, or will be "surprised" when david carr is still david carr.
I was going to use Kerry Collins as an example but Collins had a lot more success before his meltdown. Don't forget Carr had a pretty good half last year in Week 17 also when the Vikings needed a win. I know it's a small sample size but he's just as good now as some other QB's that are playing.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-13-2009, 11:04 PM    (permalink
holt_bruce81
All-Pro

holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.holt_bruce81 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What can Cleveland get for him? Mid Round pick?
Old 10-13-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Seattle would be perfect for him. He could sit behind Hasselbeck and take over next year in an offense tailor made for him.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 11:39 PM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think Seattle would be perfect for him. He could sit behind Hasselbeck and take over next year in an offense tailor made for him.
I like Carolina for an option for him or maybe San Fran if Hill doesn't pan out.