Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

View Poll Results: Who ya got?
Baltimore Ravens 7 50.00%
Minnesota Vikings 7 50.00%
Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-15-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Week 6: Baltimore @ Minnesota

The Ravens go into Minnesota on 2 game losing streak, while the Vikings are coming off of a commanding win against the Browns. This is a very important game for the Ravens who don't want to go into the bye week on a three game losing streak.

This will be a very good game in my opinion. I'm not going to make a prediction (I will vote for the Ravens in the poll as always), but I could see this game as a loss for Baltimore. I don't like that we've gotten away from the run recently (that might be good against the Vikings though), and our defense just isn't what it was. I don't know if it's play-calling or player performance, but it's not good. Perhaps all of Ryan's crazy blitzes were to cover up for our poor coverage in years past, we just didn't notice it. I hope we get back to at least a decent pass defending team soon.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:18 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think the Vikings plan to run run run and people are going to sleep on our run defense because of last week. This is going to be a incredibly hard game and I want to say we are going to win and I voted that way because I am a homer but Vikings are the favorite
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
banetzdererste
Rookie

banetzdererste hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

We will win this Thing.

AP is tough to stop, but we will bounce back after last week.
Our D will not alow him to rush for 100+

Thanks to Hitman for this awesome sig!!
banetzdererste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 08:17 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I voted Vikings, but I have a better feeling about this game than I did with the Patriots game.
Old 10-15-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a big game I think we have a shot.

I want to see a WR step up and actually get the hell open

I want to see our pass rush actually help our CBs out, our pass rush is pathetic. I would want to see us fix up the defensive system, we do not have the players to have a traditional 43 defense.

I would like to see more of the suggs package, just to mix things up a bit.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:05 PM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I feel confident in the D. I think they're going to bounce back and have a big day against AD. The corners are the weakness of the D but I think without an effective run game Favre will struggle to exploit them. Also, if Brett wants to chuck up a deep ball off his back foot, E Reed is going to run another one back to the house.

Offensively, Flacco and the WR's need to step up and have a big game. It's going to be hard to run the ball and the Recievers need to step up and make some plays.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:23 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
This is a big game I think we have a shot.

I want to see a WR step up and actually get the hell open

I want to see our pass rush actually help our CBs out, our pass rush is pathetic. I would want to see us fix up the defensive system, we do not have the players to have a traditional 43 defense.

I would like to see more of the suggs package, just to mix things up a bit.
How so? The only thing that's really missing IMO is an UT, and Pryce can move inside there anyways. Mattison is calling plays in the 3-4 like it's a 4-3 anyways, he just rushes 4 and puts the other guys in coverage. The problem is that the four guys he rushes can't get to the QB, and Suggs won't be able to do it alone. Nobody can.
Old 10-15-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think our players are better suited in the 3-4 when you dont know who is blitzing. I just feel we should go back to the rex ryan D. Plus I dont really like JJ as a 4-3 OLB
Old 10-15-2009, 09:33 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

I agree that it's better suited for us when we bring unknown pressure, but that's just not Mattison's way of doing it (or at least it doesn't look that way so far). It would really surprise me to see him start throwing in Ryan-esque blitzes and such now after we've already played a couple of tough games and an important divisional game. He's just not a 3-4 defensive coordinator, nor had he run it anywhere before this year.

JJ isn't an ideal OLB I know, but as a SLB he can do just fine. After all he is one of the most versatile defensive players in the league. I would guess that he would get rotated in at LE in a true 4-3 anyways. The 4-3 might be the defense of the future in Baltimore, and both our head coach and defensive coordinator have a lot of experience on teams that run that style of defense.
Old 10-15-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Vikings 28
Ravens 16

Tough game, late AP TD makes the score look worse than it is.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 06:10 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jared Gaither has been down graded to doubtful, I guess something felt wrong during Thursday or Friday. Harbaugh says he'll be a game time decision.
Old 10-16-2009, 07:13 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have the Vikings in this game because I your team's guts. hahaha. But Ray Rice better have a good game.
Old 10-17-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

This is gonna be an awesome game
The key to this game is keeping it tight and do not fall behind early. if we can even get a 3 point lead early on i think we have the game but if we fall behind, Childress will pull the ball control game and let loose the freaky vikings DL.
But i think if we stick to our gameplan, stop adian get obvious pass situations, and hold on to the ball we can win. Also we gotta get all backs involved but i think the game will be ray rice's. they come upfield quick we need to take advantage with cutbacks, screens, draws and delays to the flats and out of the backfield
I picked Baltimore, i think it will come down to the last couple of drives

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
General Zod
All-Pro

General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.General Zod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good luck today all. Here's to a good injury free game!

http://www.change.org/petitions/trac...share_petition
General Zod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:23 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Geez, Minnesota is just moving down the field at will. No pressure on Favre on that 3rd down throw to Sidney Rice, and Peterson is getting positive yardage on everyplay. So far, it's looking like Minnesota will dominate this game.

edit- Wow, Berrian wide open in the endzone, absolutley embarassing. Chris Carr and Washington just ran into each other. Geez, this is exactly what I was hoping not for, our defense expects our offense to carry the team, and they just aren't good enough.

Last edited by BmoreBlackByrdz : 10-18-2009 at 12:27 PM.
BmoreBlackByrdz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Wow, why is Chris Carr returning punts? He had an easy catch and he let it bounce and roll all the way to from the 28 yard line to the 8. Put Webb back there!!
Old 10-18-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BmoreBlackByrdz View Post
Geez, Minnesota is just moving down the field at will. No pressure on Favre on that 3rd down throw to Sidney Rice, and Peterson is getting positive yardage on everyplay. So far, it's looking like Minnesota will dominate this game.

edit- Wow, Berrian wide open in the endzone, absolutley embarassing. Chris Carr and Washington just ran into each other. Geez, this is exactly what I was hoping not for, our defense expects our offense to carry the team, and they just aren't good enough.
Actually Harvin bull-dozed Washington down and it wasn't called...
Old 10-18-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

yeah, I saw that on the replay. but either way, the Ravens defense is playing like crap. I thought they were gonna improve after Benson tore em up, but obviously not.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

They are looking better now. When Minnesota doesn't have tremendous field position, we are getting stops.

Ray Rice FTW!
Old 10-18-2009, 02:12 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

geez, big plays. big ******* PLAYS!! our defense is pathetic.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

Fabian is pathetic. He's responsible for a lot of the big pass plays against us.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:48 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

okay, Flacco and the offense does there job and gets a score with Clayton, lets see if the defense can keep the Ravens in it and get a stop.

Guess not, Adrian Peterson just had a 58 yarder as I was typing this. Pathetic. This defense really isn't what they used it be. I don't even know whats wrong, I mean I thought if all else fails, stopping the run was be a staple in this defense, guess I was wrong.
Old 10-18-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
DHVF
All-NFLDC

DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DHVF is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

edit wrong thread

DHVF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

okay, the Ravens offense gets them BACK IN THE GAME ONCE AGAIN! lets see if our defense can get 1 FREAKING STOP!!! which will get us back into the game!!

-edit, Lardarius Webb is a stud special teamer, great job returning kicks as well as coverage on kickoffs and downing the ball on punt teams.
Old 10-18-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

Wow, what an epic comeback, can our defense hold Favre and the Vikings offense in the 4th quarter?

LETS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ily Ray Rice

WHY THE **** IS FRANK ******* WALKER IN THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ****!!!