Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-19-2009, 07:09 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This thread was never meant to gauge the best teams in the league. I was simply asking if the Saints were finally a real contender or not. Seems no matter who they demoralized this year, the media still had some excuse as to why the other team lost. Guess whoever edited the title had a little misinterpretation of the meaning of the thread.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:13 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintsfan912 View Post
This thread was never meant to gauge the best teams in the league. I was simply asking if the Saints were finally a real contender or not. Seems no matter who they demoralized this year, the media still had some excuse as to why the other team lost. Guess whoever edited the title had a little misinterpretation of the meaning of the thread.
Umm. How were we supposed to get that out of "Damn right the Saints are"? Don't try to back track now, just because people are giving you ****. You pretty much deserve it for making such a pointless thread. And go cry to your team forums about not getting enough respect, or stop watching ESPN period if the media is bothering you that much.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:14 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Umm. How were we supposed to get that out of "Damn right the Saints are"? Don't try to back track now, just because people are giving you ****. You pretty much deserve it for making such a pointless thread. And go cry to you team forums about not getting enough respect, or stop watching ESPN period if the media is bothering you that much.
Well, he did name the thread "are the saitns legit?" and it was renamed. but even then it was a horrible attempt in just telling others your team is winning right now

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:16 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
Well, he did name the thread "are the saitns legit?" and it was renamed. but even then it was a horrible attempt in just telling others your team is winning right now
I thought the original title was "Who is the best team", when it first was posted. That's what I remember seeing yesterday.

Edit: I see the original posting and the edit 15 minutes later now. oops. I retract the first part of my statement, but media stuff stays.

Last edited by Paul : 10-19-2009 at 08:18 AM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:01 AM    (permalink
saintsfan912
Pro Bowler

saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.saintsfan912 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could give a **** less about the media, definitely wasnt the point of the post. Kinda just wanted to know what the people of NFLDC thought about them so far. I apologize about being excited after an utter slaughter of the supposed best team in the NFC.

Big time Thank You to BoneKrusher!

Who Dat Nation!
saintsfan912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:10 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

right now?

the saints... of course... you hold your breath with them like you would the arizona cardinals or cleveland browns if they were in the same situation...

but, the defense. actually. plays.

no one had any questions about the offense being able to dissect the best defenses... but... the defense shows up, week in, week out, and puts up a great effort every week. the colts are #2... their defense is playing arguably just below the level of the saints... and their offensive potential isn't as high flight... so. just on pure PF/PA. the saints will top the colts in the differential.

edit: oh yeah. teh viqueens are #3. like, i'd interchange them with the colts on a moment to moment basis.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"

Last edited by awfullyquiet : 10-19-2009 at 09:16 AM.
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Saints are my pick as well. We all knew they could pass the ball, but they also run the ball very well, have a terrific offensive line, and play great defense. Their game against the Giants was pretty ridiculous. In the AFC, I'd say the Colts are the best team so far, and will be until they lose or someone else starts annihilating opponents. I have some questions about their defense and their running game, but they have a shot to win with that passing game every week.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:54 AM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
The Saints are my pick as well. We all knew they could pass the ball, but they also run the ball very well, have a terrific offensive line, and play great defense. Their game against the Giants was pretty ridiculous. In the AFC, I'd say the Colts are the best team so far, and will be until they lose or someone else starts annihilating opponents. I have some questions about their defense and their running game, but they have a shot to win with that passing game every week.
What questions do you have about the Colts' defense? The running game questions are obvious, but the defense has been pretty solid so far, much better vs. the run than last year. I'm not saying there are no questions to ask, I'm just curious what yours are. I agree the passing game is what makes the offense go, so far we've only run when necessary which I don't like. I expect that will change as we get closer to the post season. It'll have to if the Colts are going to do anything in the playoffs.

The Saints have proven they can win however they need to, and beat the Giants pretty soundly. I still think the Giants are a top 5 or 6 team, so that is just a further reflection on how good the Saints are. Pierre Thomas, Mike Bell, and Reggie Bush make a pretty good set of RBs, the OL is better than I think most people expected, and of course Brees is phenomenal. I am a P Manning homer but Brees could make a case for MVP this year, easily. Being on such a balanced team might hurt his chances some but then again the Colts might be pretty balanced as well. We'll see.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:31 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I should make a thread that is called, "vikings >>>> saints"

sig by fenikz
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:23 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vikes_29 View Post
I should make a thread that is called, "vikings >>>> saints"
I would post in that thread

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:25 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Indianapolis needs to forget about Joseph Addai and get Donald Brown more involved. He runs harder and has more explosive ability.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
I think Indianapolis needs to forget about Joseph Addai and get Donald Brown more involved. He runs harder and has more explosive ability.
If they do that Brown will lose that explosiveness by week 11 or 12. They're getting about the same YPC. Brown is better at the 2nd level, definitely, and has more big play ability because Addai doesn't seem to know what to do with himself once he gets 20 yards from the LOS, but I would rather Brown save some energy for late in the season and the playoffs. Brown wouldn't do that much better with as bad as the OLine is at run blocking anyway.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I still think the Pittsburgh Steelers would beat any team when "it counts".
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:19 PM    (permalink
Shane P. Hallam
SWDC Mafia
Legend

Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shane P. Hallam is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeCrunkMAn View Post
The Vikings barely survived today and took a miracle pass and catch to bea tthe 49ers so I think its fair to say that the Saints are #1 in the NFC.

Anyone know a team that could beat them in the AFC?
The Steelers next week :D

And yes, I renamed the thread to make this productive.

Follow Me on Twitter!
https://twitter.com/ShanePHallam
Shane P. Hallam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 03:20 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He alone is the best team in the NFL, no question
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post

He alone is the best team in the NFL, no question
I heard he disowned Rutgers because they suck so bad.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I still think the Pittsburgh Steelers would beat any team when "it counts".
Thanks for joining us Merrill Hodge glad to have you.
Old 10-19-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P-L View Post
Is it just me, or is New England always on the road against Indinapolis? Isn't this the third or fourth year in a row Indy has gotten this game at home? I think it'd be better for the rivalry if the two teams rotated who plays at home,
They do, the problem is it rotates like every 3 years or so. Remember when every game was in New England? There were like 5 games from 04-06 where that was the case, in fact, the only reason the Colts FINALLY got the Pats in Indy in the 06 AFC Championship was because they'd beaten them earlier in the season in Foxborough. I agree that it really should rotate more, the question is how would the NFL schedule makers fairly do that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geo View Post
It's only Week 6.

But anyone but the Colts. Leave the Colts alone.
What he said. I remember being excited about being the best team in Week 6. Those were fun times. Now? Not so much. I'd rather go the 2006 route any day of the week.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know who the best team is right now but I would just like to say that the Giants probably would have done the same thing to the Saints had it been in the Meadowlands. I thought they were the best heading into the weekend and I guess I can't definitively say they are still since they lost to the Saints but they are still my NFC champion prediction. As for the AFC seeing Tom Brady back to his old self would scare me and you can never count out Peyton and the Colts. Denver can really put themselves in the discussion with a convincing win tonight.

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 703SKINS202 View Post
I don't know who the best team is right now but I would just like to say that the Giants probably would have done the same thing to the Saints had it been in the Meadowlands. I thought they were the best heading into the weekend and I guess I can't definitively say they are still since they lost to the Saints but they are still my NFC champion prediction. As for the AFC seeing Tom Brady back to his old self would scare me and you can never count out Peyton and the Colts. Denver can really put themselves in the discussion with a convincing win tonight.

I agree, let us not overrate the Saints-Giants game. The Giants were not only playing on the road, but they are also missing Aaron Ross and Kenny Phillips, playing against a team that had two weeks to prepare a game-plan for them.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
Smooth Criminal
All-NFLDC

Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Smooth Criminal is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'll take the Colts and Saints as the top teams in their conferences. Both have looked amazing. I can't decide between them.

Thanks to The Dynasty for the sig
Smooth Criminal is offline   Reply With Quote