Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Which call was bad? I don't remember, and I only heard the game on the radio.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
The Saints play the Patriots on MNF in a couple of weeks. Talk about an offensive showdown.

Great write-up as always, Shiver.
I want over-under for the total points and passing yards in that game

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Which call was bad? I don't remember, and I only heard the game on the radio.
There were I believe, 3.

Rams had 3 "Pass interferences". 1 was legit. the other 2.

Torry Holt was 4 yards off the line of scrimmage and Ron Bartell was jamming him, at that time the QB through a quick pass to him, and Torry who had just turned his head didn't really see the pass, through his arms up looking for a flag and didn't get it.. .until 3 seconds later and the teams were heading to the huddle. It was complete BS and pissed me off.

James Laurinatis was out covering MJD. Drew took off on a fly and Garrard through the ball short. James L put his arms and hands up and DID NOT TOUCH MJD, the ball hit the back of JL and a flag came up. Laurinatis made a nice play, stuck with him and then threw his hands up and had the ball hit off his back.

^^^ Both of those plays, the announcers were in shock and disarray that flags were called, and questioned them for awhile.

And then, Torry Holt "caught" a pass, 18 yards and his left foot was out of bounds. The Rams challenged the play and the replay showed that Holt's foot was out of bounds, and the announcers agreed, and said this one should come back. Nope, the play stood.

Also, a horsecollar on Jackson, not called.

Those plays kept the Rams defense on the field longer after they would have been 3 and outs. Giving them more time to breathe, hence MJD would not have tore through us the last half of the 4th quarter like he did. The Jaguars had 33 first downs, to the Rams 13. The Jags wouldn't have 33, it would have been more liike 25 had the Rams D gotten off the field at the time they were supposed too.

Rams still lost, whatever.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think its fair to call it the NFC Least just yet. Come on, how is the North better than the East?

The Giants lost to a Saints team coming off the bye with 4 starters on defense missing. We lost fair and square and got our butts kicked, but it doesn't make us a weak opponent by any means.

The Eagles had your classic let down game. Theyll be fine.

Dallas and Washington havent done much this year, but Dallas is still 3-2 and anything can happen.

NO and Minny are proving to be the best teams at the moment, but I don't think as highly of Atlanta, or Chicago as their record indicates.

Atlanta is good, but I rank a good 4 teams in the NFC better.

The East isn't hands down the best division in football, but when the dust settles, I think they will reestablish themselves as the best (not by a lot though). We go through the same thing with the South every year. If they were so good, we wouldn't have such fluctuation in that division every year.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Rice is a very good player, but lets give Flacco some props that dline was on his ass every play and he still threw for 385 yards 2 tds. He is the best young QB in the NFL(homer statement but the guy is awesome)
Old 10-19-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NJX I'm glad you brought up the 06 Broncos draft. It was stuff of legend.

Jay Cutler
Tony Scheffler
Brandon Marshall
Elvis Dumervil
Domenik Hixon(did **** all for us, but apparently he's good in NY)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post
NJX I'm glad you brought up the 06 Broncos draft. It was stuff of legend.

Jay Cutler
Tony Scheffler
Brandon Marshall
Elvis Dumervil
Domenik Hixon(did **** all for us, but apparently he's good in NY)
Yeah that's an A+ draft if I've ever seen one.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
21ST
Pro Bowler

21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.21ST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
has campbell been this bad the whole time? i was watching, i think the end of the first half yesterday, and don't think i've seen many worse performances by guys who are supposed starting quarterbacks in the nfl. the guy was just utterly braindead out there.
Yeah he has been that bad and has actually had worse games this season
Old 10-19-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlindSite View Post
His point is still a good one, that falcons draft, the signing of the coach, the GM, it's a perfect storm of rebuilding and it's paying off bigtime.

Just because someone sings their own teams praises doesn't mean they're not accurate in their sentiment.
I really didn't even read his post to be honest, I just thought I'd throw a little joke in there.

I would really like to see Beekman get another chance, he was actually pretty decent last season.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Maybe Next Year Millen2
Veteran

Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Maybe Next Year Millen2 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

East is just as good as the North.

Giants and Vikings are dominating. Giants just had to play a very tough Saints team. If Vikings played at Saints and Giants played home versus Ravens, I think Giants would be 6-0 and Vikings would be 5-1. Week 17 head to head unfortunately both teams should be resting players. I hope they meet up in the playoffs. Why don't they schedule this game for earlier in season. Last 2 years, both Week 17.

Eagles and Cowboys are 3-2. So are Bears and Packers. Question will be answered who is better when they play head to head(Dal at GB and Philly at Chicago). Both games are at the North stadiums though.

Detroit and Washington both stink. Washington has a better record but lost to Detroit. They are even which makes both Detroit and Washington fan bases very sad.

South may have the best team in the Saints. Falcons at 4-1 are very good too but to say they are better than Eagles shouldn't be done yet. Saints beat the Eagles though, but that just reaffirms Saints are awesome this year.

Carolina losing to Philly and Dallas, gives the East the edge over the South with Atlanta being the unknown vs Dallas/Eagles at this point. Giants lost at Saints but may be a different story in the playoffs depending on the location of the game.

Plue we still have 10-11 games more to play. South plays the East this year so should be fun to watch. Saints still have Cowboys/Skins,Falcons have everyone and Carolina has the Giants.
Maybe Next Year Millen2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Best Wk. 6 moment was Eli Manning chewing ass on Bradshaw telling him Roman Harper was going to blitz from his FS spot a Louisiana parish away & he should pick him up. Bradshaw didn't, Manning got whacked again, was justifiably pissed off. Can you read lips? Did he use a racial epithet, ummmmhhh.... Even a godling like Eli is human, he had a real Oh ****! NOLA homecoming.
But that was just being a good leader. If Jay Cutler would've chewed out one of his teammates (like he did in Green Bay to his receivers that were running the wrong routes), he would've been lambasted.

Sometimes a QB needs to step up and get in a guys face, and that's what Eli did. It was the absolute right thing to do.

Quote:
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love what Eli did. It just shows that there is no question of who's team it is. Eli runs that offense, and no one is in his way anymore.

He had Nicks for a TD on that play, and Bradshaw blew it. I must say though, that was the first game in a looong time Ive seen Eli get beat mentally by his opponent.

He let the circumstances of the game get to him, and Ive never seen that from him before.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34 View Post
But that was just being a good leader. If Jay Cutler would've chewed out one of his teammates (like he did in Green Bay to his receivers that were running the wrong routes), he would've been lambasted.

Sometimes a QB needs to step up and get in a guys face, and that's what Eli did. It was the absolute right thing to do.
After all the preseason furor swirling around him, Cutler is going to get lambasted in Chicago if he even spits on the sidewalk
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Whether its fair or not, if the Bears don't make the playoffs and the Broncos do...Cutler is going to get killed by the media.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't get it. so you hit on 4 picks out of 10, with 2 in the first, 3rd and 5th? yippee?
Maybe my math is wrong but there are more than four:

Ryan - franchise QB
Baker - Very good LT
Lofton - Very good MLB
Douglas - Good slot WR and return man
Jackson - Dimeback
Decoud - Very good FS
Biermann - Very good DE

We got seven players to contribute out of that class and it looks like we have five very good to excellent starters. Though the Broncos class you mentioned was top notch for sure.

Last edited by Shiver : 10-19-2009 at 12:48 PM.
Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That was my favorite moment too. People have criticized Manning for being too nonchalant, but he certainly has a fire in him when the moment calls for it. Basically the New York media is insane. (we all knew that, so is Chicago)

Old 10-19-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Whether its fair or not, if the Bears don't make the playoffs and the Broncos do...Cutler is going to get killed by the media.
And it'll just go to show that the media is completely clueless. Orton is 5-0 mostly do to the fact that Denver's defense has become one of the best in the league (he is also playing some pretty damn good football right now too). Chicago is 3-2 mainly because we have a QB that can put points on the board and escape a putrid OL.

If the media wants to blame Cutler if we fall short of the playoffs, that's cool. But anyone with any football knowledge should realize that the only reason we aren't 1-4 or 0-5 right now is because of our QB. 2 game winning drives in the 4th Quarter and 2 drives that have either taken the lead or tied up the game in the 4th Quarter.

This without a running game and a consistent pocket to throw out of. I saw some throws last night that Orton would never have been able to make. At the end of the day, he put our team in position to score 3 times in the 2nd Half, he executed one of those drives and his teammates ****** up the other 2. We're still only a third of the way through the season though and anything can happen.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 12:52 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
I want over-under for the total points and passing yards in that game
nobody is biting. Im going with 70 and 640

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

I have always liked Jay Cutler: sure he makes a lot of stupid decisions, at the end of the day though he makes a lot more plays that can win games. He is who he is, he would be Ben Roethlisberger if he was in the same situation.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

Some of the throws he made last night were incredible. Most were off his back foot as well. The two to Knox and Olsen, pure sex.

Those two INT's get magnified in what I consider to be a pretty damn good performance last night under the circumstances. Ryan was beastly as well. Love his poise, intelligence, and accuracy.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
And it'll just go to show that the media is completely clueless. Orton is 5-0 mostly do to the fact that Denver's defense has become one of the best in the league (he is also playing some pretty damn good football right now too). Chicago is 3-2 mainly because we have a QB that can put points on the board and escape a putrid OL.

If the media wants to blame Cutler if we fall short of the playoffs, that's cool. But anyone with any football knowledge should realize that the only reason we aren't 1-4 or 0-5 right now is because of our QB. 2 game winning drives in the 4th Quarter and 2 drives that have either taken the lead or tied up the game in the 4th Quarter.

This without a running game and a consistent pocket to throw out of. I saw some throws last night that Orton would never have been able to make. At the end of the day, he put our team in position to score 3 times in the 2nd Half, he executed one of those drives and his teammates ****** up the other 2. We're still only a third of the way through the season though and anything can happen.
Yeah, i definitely sympathize. Its not fair, and theyll totally skew reality with the situation.

Dont let it frustrate you. Remember, its a marathon, not a sprint. Even if Cutler doesnt go to the playoffs this year, I highly doubt he'll continue his dry streak for much longer.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

With a decent OL and at full strength (meaning Urlacher and Pisa healthy), this team is quite formidable. I think a lot of football fans fail to realize the importance of special teams, and that is an area where we are one of the leagues best (last night though we had some major **** ups in the 4th quarter).

We need to find consistency across the board. I don't believe any of our units are dominant (maybe ST's but it's hard to say that this phase can be "dominant"), but they all have potential to be good. Our problem right now is that we are losing the battle in the trenches. We didn't touch Ryan last night on defense and our OL has had a horrid start to the season. We have to address the lines, especially on offense. The DL has actually been pretty damn good so far IMO.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we dont even need a decent OL. an average OL would suffice to make Forte and Cutler look better

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:18 PM    (permalink
TitleTown088
All-NFLDC

TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitleTown088 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i don't get it. so you hit on 4 picks out of 10, with 2 in the first, 3rd and 5th? yippee?
I'm more confused with the part about the Falcons being a "top flight team".

What do the vikings and marijuana have in common? Every time you put them in a bowl
they get smoked.

2010-2011 Super Bowl Champions
Hint:Not the Bears.
TitleTown088 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
Auron
Veteran

Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Auron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm feeling good about the Saints, it's hard not to. However at the same time I realize they don't give Lombardi trophies after Week 6 of the regular season, and there is still a lot of football left to played. After all in 2002 under Haslett the Saints started 6-1 I believe and ended up to finish 9-7. So you really can't count your chickens before they hatch. Although I believe this is a different team with different coaches, that have the type of veteran leadership to avoid that kind of letdown. Although anything can happen in football.

Regarding Atlanta; I think they are dangerous. Turner/White/Gonzalez is a deadly trio that can hurt you Offensively... I feel Defensively that group is overachieving... I think there are some weaknesses in that Defense that the teams they have faced haven't really been able to truly take advantage of yet. Particularly their Corners in coverage.. but props to their coaching staff for getting it done.

just some general football observations..

Really a big part of a Quarterback's job is done before the snap... and what truly separates average QB's nowadays, from great ones is what they do at the Line of scrimmage. They have to be patient and work the snap count to see what looks the Defense is giving, (because rarely often Defenses stay in the same alignment from the moment they get lined up.. atleast the good ones don't). They have to identify where the possible blitzers might be coming from and adjust the protection accordingly, also they have to locate the Safeties to get an idea of what the coverage is going to be. Is it 2 deep? is one Safety coming up in the box? this way they can audible either to the run or pass to take advantage.. and get their teams out of a bad play call... I mean obviously you can make great pre-snap reads, and adjustments at the line but if you can't execute the throw after the snap it's all for nothing.... but really a huge part of a QBs job is done before they even hike the ball.