Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we lost Scott and Leonhard, I think there would have been a good shot scott comes back if Ryan stayed here, he is big on loyalty and all that. We would have had to let Leonhard go, we have a lot of young talent of D Nakamura is looking impressive and Zbi is nice as well, we thought Landry would come back to his pre injury form so that would be a down grade. We got Kelly Gregg back who would improve the d-line rotation Rex used. Granted we might not have been the 2nd best defense but it would be a considerable improvement of the clusterf*** we have now. It seems like our swagger and identity left w/ Rex. Rex was firey physical and intense we saw that last year, Mattison is old bland and doesnt have 1/2 the intensity, we see that this year.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It's nice to hear thoughts that are well put together even if I don't agree all the time, it's nice to read.

I have to disagree about the running game. This team is still all about the pass. If Brees were to go down, the running game wouldn't be able to carry the load. If you wanna call it improved, I guess since Deuce was such a has been. Bell is nothing special though and Bush is still only effective in space as a check down receiver or running East-West. The Saints are a popular pick right now, but I still think they lack substance. The Cardinals and Patriots have proved that you need more than just a passing game and anabove average D. ...as they have had both and not won. Passing games get you attention in the regular season, but in the playoffs, you need D and a run game.
I would take Pierre Thomas, Mike Bell and Reggie Bush over Donald Brown and Joseph Addai. Most importantly I would take the Saints' run blocking over the Colts. That gives them the slight edge to me.

Quote:
Reason why we forgot about them is because they haven't earned real respect yet. 2nd place finishers never do. For all the fans who think playoff wins are nice. They are, but they don't get you real respect until you get a ring.
That is true and even if they make it too the playoffs they will be underdogs in every game they play. I still wouldn't sleep on them though.

Quote:
I agree. Nothing was ever wrong with him. You don't just discredit a guy like Brady. If there were ever any doubters... Shame on you.
He's still the best, baby. I've been on the Brady is the #1 QB bandwagon since I got here in '05.

Quote:
Bad week for the NFC East, but "imploded"? Nah, you will still see NY and Philly beat up on other teams pretty badly as the season progresses. Dallas might have a great game here and there. Redskins are done.
Philadelphia is missing Brian Dawkins big time. They have been annihilated by K2 and Zach Miller, Colston made his big time plays in the middle of the defense as well. Denver sure appreciates him.

Quote:
The Roy Williams trade gets bashed, but do they really go into 2009 with Patrick Crayton and Miles Austin as thier starters? TO would be gone w/ or w/out the trade, imo. His time was up. The coaching staff could no longer take it. If the Boys relied on the draft to fill WR, that would've been a riskier proposition. Maybe the mistake was trading for the wrong WR. I could see that logic, but I would always prefer established veterans ahead of rookies. Jerry has shown that too... Keyshawn, Terry Glenn, TO... and now Roy. The only other FAs brought in were Sensabaugh, Brooking and Olshansky. Cheap and playing well other than Sensy (hurt). The Boys only 2 loses were a close 33-31 lose to NY and failure to score on the goaline against the Broncos. Don't say the word "imploded" just yet. We're still figuring things out.
The Roy Williams trade was bad, but I understand why they did it.

Quote:
Actually, I'd like to say that I always thought he'd be this good. scottyboy can atest. I loved Ray Ray.
We as a community have excellent instincts for the RB position: Ray Rice, MJD, DeAngelo Williams. Skeptical of Reggie Bush and Darren McFadden.

Quote:
Same 'ole, Same 'ole. The "New" Cardinals? Remember how everyone used to think that about them?
Yes, but the Texans have a good chance to make the playoffs. Especially since they've patched up the run defense.

Quote:
I think you're missing one... Michael Turner.
Turner is very overrated. He produced last year for two reasons:
  • Ovie Mughelli, Justin Blalock and Harvey Dahl are beasts
  • The Falcons had the easiest schedule against the run (same thing for the Panthers' tandem)
I wish Norwood wasn't constantly hurt, otherwise I would like to get him a higher percentage of the workload.

Shiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Shiver is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW: craziest ******* thing I have ever heard, the 49ers are benching Josh Morgan for Michael Crabtree. For real? After two weeks of practice? What message does that send to the rest of the team?

Old 10-19-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
BTW: craziest ******* thing I have ever heard, the 49ers are benching Josh Morgan for Michael Crabtree. For real? After two weeks of practice? What message does that send to the rest of the team?
That Josh Morgan isnt very good?
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:47 PM    (permalink
Shiver
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timbathia View Post
That Josh Morgan isnt very good?
He is the only 49er receiver with a TD, he is their best guy sad to say. The point is that Crabtree already had an entitlement issue and apparently the 49ers are enabling it.

Old 10-19-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
we lost Scott and Leonhard, I think there would have been a good shot scott comes back if Ryan stayed here, he is big on loyalty and all that. We would have had to let Leonhard go, we have a lot of young talent of D Nakamura is looking impressive and Zbi is nice as well, we thought Landry would come back to his pre injury form so that would be a down grade. We got Kelly Gregg back who would improve the d-line rotation Rex used. Granted we might not have been the 2nd best defense but it would be a considerable improvement of the clusterf*** we have now. It seems like our swagger and identity left w/ Rex. Rex was firey physical and intense we saw that last year, Mattison is old bland and doesnt have 1/2 the intensity, we see that this year.
I think you still have a swagger. But that same old swagger cost you 15 yards and probably the game two weeks ago against Cinci. McCallister and Rolle got old and the guys you replaced them with aren't very good. Thats the main problem. Reed can't blitz or play the run anymore and the linebacking core hasn't been quite as good. Pryce has been terrible as well.

That swagger is overrated. Rex and Bart Scott brought that attitude to NY and are getting killed for having a big mouth and not backing it up.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

true we have seen that w/ scott sometimes in Bmore but it shows we are missing him desperately, he was a complete LB and willing to take on blocker so Ray can get all th glory.

Also in 2006 when Cmac and Rolle were in there primes they were very good. I agree we need to get more physical in the secondary, also this pass rush is terrible we dont get pressure w/ our front 4 and when we blitz everyone knows who is coming so the QB can prepare for it.

and about that hit yea it was dumb by Ray but at points this season it looks like he is the only one who cares on D
Old 10-20-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Timbathia
Veteran

Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Timbathia is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiver View Post
He is the only 49er receiver with a TD, he is their best guy sad to say. The point is that Crabtree already had an entitlement issue and apparently the 49ers are enabling it.
The 49ers can win the division. I guess they want to give Crabtree as many games as possible to see if he can help them come playoff time. I dont like him, but if they want to explore every avenue available to help them win then I suppose they have to throw him in soon.
Timbathia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's not pretend like Josh Morgan won't see the field. This just means Crabtree is going to one weapon in there stable. I remain very confident in the 9ers.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:10 AM    (permalink
ATLDirtyBirds
Legend

ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.ATLDirtyBirds is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
that's not the point. the header was "how to build a top flight team". hitting on a couple of draft picks a year isn't really representative of that. especially when, in my very limited opinion, the biggest reason for their success last year was a free agent.

Also, there's a difference between hitting in the draft "ex. getting a solid starter" and getting a franchise QB and getting 2 very very good players at extremely important positions.
Old 10-21-2009, 06:53 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
ah. so they've gone from good, to very good, to very very good. are they future locks for the hall of fame to the next atlanta fan who posts?
they are locks for the HoF

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:57 AM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
they are locks for the HoF
I don't want to hear any sarcasm associated with Matt Ryan if he in fact is one of the players your post is directed towards. You got that? THE. NEXT. PEYTON. MANNING.

Alright, I think you got that.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 07:59 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peyton Manning was only a beta version of Matt Ryan. He is the update

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:11 AM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

it's not Ryan's fault he fell into a good position...

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote