Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Baltimore Ravens Team Forum

Baltimore Ravens Team Forum Discuss the Ravens

Old 10-19-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default My thoughts on the coordinators

Here are my thoughts on the coordinators.

Cameron-This guy developed Flacco real good, Flacco is looking like he will be a franchise QB for years to come, but I don't like some of his play calling. I still feel we should be a run 1st team, McClain,Rice,McGahee all could be 1,000 yard backs. We had great success controling the clock with this 3 headed monster. Also I wish we would see the Suggs package more it could give us a nice spark. I wish we would use the run to set up the pass, I know Flacco is legit but I still think our best option is running the ball, our WR corp is average at best. I want to see Kelly washington used more lined up across from Mason, I think he has the skill set to shake things up in the passing game I wish he could get more touches.

Mattison-This is looking like a bad decision to have him as DC. This is only his second year in the NFL. His blitz packages are pathetic when he even blitzes and the whole world knows when we are blitzing before the play, to sum up the defense its a total clusterf*** and we need a lot of work to do and IDK if Mattison is the man to turn it around.
Old 10-19-2009, 01:58 PM    (permalink
BmoreBlackByrdz
Pro Bowler

BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BmoreBlackByrdz is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with what you said about both guys, but I think Kelley Washington should stay in the slot, he is more effective there. They just need to look his way more often.

Also, is there any chance Harbaugh demotes Mattison? I'm a huge fan of Clarence Brooks and I've heard he has many of Rex Ryans attributes to get the players to play hard and with intensity, just like they did for Rex. I've also heard he loved the organized chaos and he was planning on using it as well if he was the DC. I doubt Harbaugh does it, but it would be a great move IMO.
Old 10-19-2009, 06:19 PM    (permalink
EdReedUnstoppable
Hall of Famer
Icon

EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.EdReedUnstoppable is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with some of the stuff said, my biggest disagreement would be this team needs more Demetrius Williams lined up at the 2. Kelley Washington is a perfect slot over the middle guy, and IMO D Will is a perfect compliment to Mason.

Xbox Live - Kevown8999
EdReedUnstoppable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 06:52 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know why we haven't played D-will but he came in for a play and got a 15yd catch
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4CbQGBbUOw
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 07:16 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ravens1991 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

and made a great block to let mason score, I guess he was in harbuaghs dog house. Granted IDK what the issue was but sometimes I wonder if Harbaugh takes petty disagreements/problems a little 2 seriously.
Old 10-19-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
mikedoobie
Pro Bowler

mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.mikedoobie is a cocksman.

Cant complain too much about our offense as it exceeded my expectations, but Cameron has gone a little pass happy but the again we really havent had a situation to just pound the ball all game

With Mattison its a whole new story, any DC in this league with the talent and experience we do would be getting better production. We get little pressure, its obvious where we are coming from, and strengths are not utilized (our aggressivenes) and it is really exploiting our weaknesses.

I really pray Mattison is demoted he is a great DL coach or collegiate coordinater but not creative enough in the NFL. if only we brought Mike Nolan back..but guys id like to see at DC are Clarence Brooks for the same reasons everyone said, Pepper Johnson the Patriots DL Coach he is a stud, and does anyone know where Romeo Crennel is?
anyone else??

Doobie- Baltimore Ravens Loyalist
mikedoobie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:53 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

I agree we gotta make a change this is embarassing, its the guys 2nd year in the NFL he isnt ready
Old 10-20-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only thing that sucks is that it won't happen this year. We are going to have to deal with our players and coaches we have now. Hopefully for some reason our defense wakes up and starts playing better and that starts with the coaches
mo drew gets about 16 touches a game on offense (on a good day), and will run circles around ray rice. rice has no speed, 2nd burst or agility. he's a strong midget. How can anyone be excited about that.
John Wall
Old 10-20-2009, 11:51 AM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

also I would like to see McGahee Rice backfields, McGahee is a top 15-20 back in the NFL now, he is just being over shadowed because Rice is playing like a top 5 back. McGahee is still a quality player we need to get him some touches and w/ a backfield like that it will confuse the D.
Old 10-20-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravens1991 View Post
also I would like to see McGahee Rice backfields, McGahee is a top 15-20 back in the NFL now, he is just being over shadowed because Rice is playing like a top 5 back. McGahee is still a quality player we need to get him some touches and w/ a backfield like that it will confuse the D.
I think that all depends on the match-ups. McGahee couldn't do anything Sunday while Rice could, so he's the guy to go with. For both of them to be in the back-field it would have to be an obvious passing situation because Willis isn't a lead-blocker by any stretch of the imagination. I would expect a healthy dose of Willis against the Broncos.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

I wish we would of packaged Mcgahee in a trade to get a CB or WR
John Wall
Old 10-20-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

there is still an hour and 20 minutes left. but I wouldnt mind that either, Lawrence and Paramle should skills in pre-season I think they could handle the 3 touches McGahee gets a game.
Old 10-20-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With McGahee's contract, we're not getting anybody good. Especially anybody that's paid like Willis is.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
RAVENS/WIZARDS/ORIOLES
Pro Bowler

Yea that is why I am saying put him in a package. If we offer KC a 2nd and 5th for Bowe lets throw Mcgahee in there to get rid of a big contract and to sweeten the deal
John Wall
Old 10-20-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
Ravens1991
Team Leader
Icon

but would a young rebuilding team want a contract like McGahee when they have a guy like Larry Johnson and his insane contract.