Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-19-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default List of head coaching candidates

Just a list I put together with Lions WMD. Feel free to add to the list, I'm sure a lot of guys are missing.

NFL Head Coaches

Brian Billick (ex-BAL HC) - Has a ring and a decent winning percentage, will probably get some looks. Didn't look much like an offensive genius in Baltimore though.

Bill Cowher (ex-PIT HC) - Possibly the most desirable coach on the market. Went out on top. Will want full control of a team, and won't take just any job.

Jim Fassel (UFL HC) - A candidate for desperate teams like the Raiders with very undesirable coaching positions. Not likely to become a coach.

Dennis Green (UFL HC) - Had a great pedigree in the NFL before going to Arizona. Also has some fantastic drafts. I don't see him getting a job though.

John Gruden (ex-TB HC) - Could be a nice option for a team that doesn't want to give GM duties of its team away. Also has a ring, but was average ever since.

Mike Holmgren (ex-SEA HC) - Took a one year sabbatical and already wants to come back. I could see him being a frontrunner for some team.

Marty Schottenheimer (ex-SD HC) - I don't think he'll come back, but it's worth mentioning that in his last season as a head coach, he went 14-2.

Mike Shanahan (ex-DEN HC) - Great coach with two rings. However, he also wants GM duties, and he's shown that he's probably not the best GM out there.

NFL Assistant Coaches

Todd Bowles (MIA AHC) - A Bill Parcells guy. Very good reputation around the league, but the Dolphins haven't been too great so far this year.

Dom Capers (GB DC) - Doing a nice job in Green Bay and was respectable as head coach in Houston. Defensive guru with a pretty good reputation.

Jeff Davidson (CAR OC) - Had a nice reputation before the playoffs last year. Jake Delhomme's meltdown may have cost him a head coaching job.

Leslie Frazier (MIN DC) - Minnesota's defense is ridiculous and Frazier was close to becoming a head coach last year in St. Louis. Will be a hot candidate.

Jason Garrett (DAL OC) - Reputation has faltered a bit over the years, but young guys are the new thing in the NFL and he almost got the Rams job last year.

Kevin Gilbride (NYG OC) - New York has a nice offense and Gilbride is the man in charge. Not the best reputation, would need to take a bad job.

Russ Grimm (ARI AHC) - A very tough coaching candidate not unlike the guy he works under, Ken Whisenhunt. Could be a top candidate this year.

Hue Jackson (BAL QBC) - Did nice things with Carson Palmer and Joe Flacco. Proved he can handle a problem child in Cincinnati with Ochocinco.

Winston Moss (GB AHC) - Probably not experienced enough for a job, but that didn't stop him from being interviewed a few times last year. Could get a look.

Mike Mularkey (ATL OC) - Wasn't anything special in Buffalo in the two years he was there, but has done some very nice work in Atlanta with Ryan and co.

Mike Nolan (DEN DC) - Flamed out miserably in San Francisco, so it might be too soon for him. Doing an amazing job in Denver with limited talent.

Ron Rivera (SD DC) - One of the top coordinator candidates. Not doing a fantastic job in San Diego but he should still end up getting a few interviews.

Brian Schottenheimer (NYJ OC) - With some improvement from Mark Sanchez down the stretch, could get interviewed. Was in the shadow of Favre last year.

Kyle Shanahan (HOU OC) - Has done some pretty good work in Houston, but Kubiak still has a big hand in playcalling. Probably a couple of years off.

Gregg Williams (NO DC) - Doing an absolutely fantastic job in New Orleans, turning their defense into a powerhouse. Was a pretty bad head coach, though.

NCAA Head Coaches

Pete Carroll (USC HC) - It's doubtful that he'll want to leave one of the best jobs in the country for an NFL job, but if he did, he'd probably get GM duties.

Kirk Ferentz (IOWA HC) - Has Iowa at 7-0 this year, and an excellent NFL pedigree. Has been a little inconsistent in the past at Iowa, but remains a top NCAA candidate.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I could see Sean McDermott getting some interviews.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:05 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Is Tony Dungy gone for 1 year only? 2? Or has he probably proved all he needs to?

Brian Schottenheimer is a pretty good candidate, and so is Kevin Gilrbride for the possible Titans coaching job. I could also see Gruden as well.

Any other college football coaches to name? I'm thinking even though its unlikely, Monte Kiffin could (and should) be drawn to a head coaching job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51 View Post
Show me your Wang, if you will.
aNYtitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:08 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

My analysis of teams that could be looking for a new head coach, and who I think would make for a good fit in each situation:

Buffalo Bills

Dick Jauron is on the very hot seat - Mike Mularkey was fired following two 7-9 seasons, and Jauron already has three 7-9 years. I doubt he wins out, so I think he ends up getting fired. The Bills are ready to rebuild. I've heard whispers that they really like Jack Del Rio, but this year isn't helping Del Rio out much. Leslie Frazier would be nice.

Carolina Panthers

I'm a big fan of John Fox, so I don't think he deserves to be fired. This guy is just a year removed from a very good season, and if anyone deserves to get the axe after this year, it's Jake Delhomme. Fox still has time to turn it around, and I think he stays in the end. If he does get fired, someone in-house like Jeff Davidson might make sense.

Cleveland Browns

As awful as I think Eric Mangini is, I don't think he should get fired after this year. Yes, the Browns are pretty terrible, and Mangini is doing a good job alienating his players as usual, but the Browns were really hot for Mangini last offseason and they're going to give him more than a year. If he got fired, they'd be dying for Bill Cowher, though.

Dallas Cowboys

Jerry Jones has already said he won't fire Wade Phillips midseason, but unless the Cowboys win a playoff game, I don't see him sticking around. I like Wade, but he's not performing up to expectations in there. I don't think Jason Garrett has a good chance at being the next coach. My guess is that Mike Shanahan or Jeff Fisher is the front-runner.

Jacksonville Jaguars

I think Jack Del Rio will get the boot at the end of the season. He's had ample time to make his case and hasn't really done it yet, so I think he's on the outs. The Jaguars barely even beat the Rams, and that's sad. No one in-house is particularly appealing, so they'll have to look outside the box. Bringing in a tough guy like Kirk Ferentz would be a good move.

Oakland Raiders

In the face of possible legal concerns and some poor play this year from his team (despite beating the Eagles), Tom Cable is on the hot seat in Oakland. Then again, everyone is on the hot seat in Oakland. Plus, who would want this job? It'd have to be someone desperate, like Kevin Gilbride or maybe Jim Fassel.

San Diego Chargers

The Chargers aren't playing too well this year, and Marty Schottenheimer got fired for a lot less. Still, I think the Chargers will keep Norv Turner around. Why? He's won in the playoffs, and the Chargers still have some time to turn their season around. They could possibly interest Pete Carroll, or go in-house with Ron Rivera.

Tennessee Titans

Jeff Fisher hasn't won in the playoffs since 2003, when Tennessee still had McNair and Eddie George, and he's lost the team so far, with a 0-6 record and uninspired play. He could be a good coach somewhere else, but I think he's gone here. Too bad they missed out on Jim Schwartz. A good candidate here might be Russ Grimm.

Washington Redskins

It will be a travesty for Redskins fans everywhere if Jim Zorn doesn't get fired. Actually, I don't think anyone would be surprised if he got fired within the week. No one in house is up to the job, but the Redskins are a pretty desirable team to coach. They'll look for a big name guy, and I think they'll end up with John Gruden or maybe Mike Holmgren.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:11 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
I could see Sean McDermott getting some interviews.
I could too, but he's probably not been an assistant long enough. The Eagles are under-performing as well. Plus, we haven't really seen a lot of what he wants to do - he seems to just be doing the same thing Jim Johnson did, with what seem to be Johnson's plays and Johnson's guys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
Is Tony Dungy gone for 1 year only? 2? Or has he probably proved all he needs to?

Brian Schottenheimer is a pretty good candidate, and so is Kevin Gilrbride for the possible Titans coaching job. I could also see Gruden as well.

Any other college football coaches to name? I'm thinking even though its unlikely, Monte Kiffin could (and should) be drawn to a head coaching job.
Tony Dungy is probably going to stay retired. If he wanted to coach, he would have stayed in Indianapolis. If he does come back, it'll be far down the line, like what Parcells did. Both of the guys you mentioned would be pretty good for Tennessee schematically, but I don't see them as top tier candidates. If I remember correctly, Monte Kiffin has said he doesn't want to be a head coach (similar to Tom Moore), and that's probably for the best, because he's so old already.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.aNYtitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Tony Dungy is probably going to stay retired. If he wanted to coach, he would have stayed in Indianapolis. If he does come back, it'll be far down the line, like what Parcells did. Both of the guys you mentioned would be pretty good for Tennessee schematically, but I don't see them as top tier candidates. If I remember correctly, Monte Kiffin has said he doesn't want to be a head coach (similar to Tom Moore), and that's probably for the best, because he's so old already.
Ah I had not read that Monte Kiffin quote. His age was my one concern with him.

In looking to the college ranks, of course you turn to the assistants of USC. Yeah I know, Lane Kiffin didn't work out or Norm Chow, but someone like Jeremy Bates should get a good look. Has coaching experience in the pros already and has done a good job with QB's in the pros and at USC.

Anybody else that could make that transition to the pros? The long tenured coaches I think will probably never leave (ie. Mack Brown, Pete Carroll, Bob Stoops, Urban Meyer [not just yet])

Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 11:28 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No mention of Mike Martz? Martz's short comings in Detroit were not completely his fault. When you have two people saying two different things about your OL assignments it will turn into alot of sacks. OL Coach Jim Coletto (sp?) is just as much if not more at fault than Martz. The problem at SF is simple enough no QB worth a damn. I think he should at least get an OC gig this off season and I wouldn't be shocked if it was with the Cowboys.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
GB12
Team Leader
Icon

GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.GB12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
No mention of Mike Martz? Martz's short comings in Detroit were not completely his fault. When you have two people saying two different things about your OL assignments it will turn into alot of sacks. OL Coach Jim Coletto (sp?) is just as much if not more at fault than Martz. The problem at SF is simple enough no QB worth a damn. I think he should at least get an OC gig this off season and I wouldn't be shocked if it was with the Cowboys.
This is a head coaching candidate thread, not offensive coordinator candidates.

There's no way anyone's offering Mike Martz a head coaching job.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB12 View Post
This is a head coaching candidate thread, not offensive coordinator candidates.

There's no way anyone's offering Mike Martz a head coaching job.
Why does Brian Billick get consideration but not Martz?

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
Why does Brian Billick get consideration but not Martz?
Brian Billick's not insane. Martz is also not much of a chemistry guy (front office people supposedly don't like him.) He's also pretty far removed from being a HC.
Old 10-19-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A name not mentioned but should be noted: Greg Manusky, DC for the Niners. He's only 43, and has done a lot, with very little talent on the Niners.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
A name not mentioned but should be noted: Greg Manusky, DC for the Niners. He's only 43, and has done a lot, with very little talent on the Niners.
He is more the cause of the revitalization of the niners defense then Singletary?

Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenOfProphecy View Post
Brian Billick's not insane. Martz is also not much of a chemistry guy (front office people supposedly don't like him.) He's also pretty far removed from being a HC.
Granted Martz is a full on nut job but his team scores many points. I can't confirm nor deny his FO issues. But Billick is farther removed from the league than Martz.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Old 10-19-2009, 11:51 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

For the Titans fans is it at all possible that Fischer gets fired if your season continues to spiral out of control like this? It might be a Shanahan type situation.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Russ Grimm please.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pete Carrol is always being mentioned as a possible NFL Head coaching candidate, but he'd be a terrible choice. His approach simply isn't strong enough to lead men, he's ok with young men and boys in College but he always has that air of "we'll do this together" in the wrong style players just don't respond to.

Not necessarily his success or therefore lack of, but more his approach his why he failed in his first stint in the NFL.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:49 AM    (permalink
PoopSandwich
All-Pro

PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.PoopSandwich is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want Billick to coach the Browns if we fire Mangini unless we could some how get Cowher. I would also love Gruden but he would keep both of our ****** quarterbacks and add like 2 more ****** quarterbacks and then keep the shittiest quarterbacks on the team.

"If something happens, and it's the Cleveland Browns, I'm going to pour my heart out for the Dawg Pound and try to win a Super Bowl for Cleveland," he said. "I don't care if they've had 20 starting quarterbacks since 1999. I'm going to be the 21st and the guy that brought them the Super Bowl." - JFF
PoopSandwich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aNYtitan View Post
He is more the cause of the revitalization of the niners defense then Singletary?
No, but if you want to know why the defense went from **** to good when Nolan was fired, there isnt a better explanation than Manusky.

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
A Perfect Score
Resident Alcoholic
All-NFLDC

A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.A Perfect Score is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If I am looking for a Head Coach next season, Im looking no further then Jon Gruden. Have loved him his entire career, fiery guy, great scheme guy, gets a little heavy on the QB collecting but that could of just been Tampa...I thought he should of gotten offers this year, but going with lesser known guys is the hot thing to do in the NFL right now...I love Gruden.
Quote:
Originally Posted by killxswitch View Post
Tears for Fears is better than whatever it is you happen to be thinking about right now.
A Perfect Score is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:10 AM    (permalink
Brown Leader
Pro Bowler

Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brown Leader is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An assistant who could get some looks is Was. sec. coach Jerry Gray. Has 34 and 43 experience and his squads generally play good and physical.

I hate Brian Billick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by borg9 View Post
Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DBess View Post
....ask Brandon Weeden.
Pre-Draft 2014 Mock *FULL DRAFT*
Brown Leader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:15 AM    (permalink
BlindSite
All-Pro

BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BlindSite is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When Gruden finds a QB he can work with he's boner inducingly good, when he can't it's a bit of a shmozzle.

BlindSite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 01:16 AM    (permalink
aNYtitan
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
For the Titans fans is it at all possible that Fischer gets fired if your season continues to spiral out of control like this? It might be a Shanahan type situation.
Hell the replacing Jeff Fisher talk has already started. Unless they go on a run that takes them to 8-8 or something like that, he is probably gone.

Quote:
Old 10-20-2009, 01:27 AM    (permalink
Kurve
Veteran

Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Kurve hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

My prediction on some coaching changes next year....

Bill Cowher to the Carolina Panthers or Tennessee Titans
Mike Shanahan to the Dallas Cowboys or Houston Texans
John Gruden to the San Diego Chargers
Jeff Fisher to the Jacksonville Jaguars or Chicago Bears ( i could see him take a year or 2 off before taking another job)
Mike Holmgren wont coach
Tony Dungy wont coach

Teams who will change coaches
Jaguars
Titans
Bills
Panthers
Raiders
Redskins
Texans
Cowboys
Chargers
Bears

Last edited by Kurve : 10-20-2009 at 01:33 AM.
Kurve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:10 AM    (permalink
TitanHope
Website Contributor
All-NFLDC

TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TitanHope is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
*Fisher ;)

It's certainly a possibility. No coach can go 0-6 and not expect to feel some pressure, but in my opinion, I don't think it's likely.

I don't blame any Titans fan who's upset with Fish, especially after a record-breaking loss, but the man has gone 31-23 and had 2 playoff births with Vince Young and Kerry Collins as his starting QB's.

How good would your team be over 3 seasons with one of those two guys leading your offense?

It'll be interesting to see what takes place over the next two weeks, that's for sure.

[@TDWinstead]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) View Post
Damn Ke$ha is sexy.
TitanHope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:48 AM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurve View Post
My prediction on some coaching changes next year....

Bill Cowher to the Carolina Panthers or Tennessee Titans
Mike Shanahan to the Dallas Cowboys or Houston Texans
John Gruden to the San Diego Chargers
Jeff Fisher to the Jacksonville Jaguars or Chicago Bears ( i could see him take a year or 2 off before taking another job)
Mike Holmgren wont coach
Tony Dungy wont coach

Teams who will change coaches
Jaguars
Titans
Bills
Panthers
Raiders
Redskins
Texans
Cowboys
Chargers
Bears
would be a good choice by the chargers imo. Gruden isnt good at building the core of a team but if the core pieces are in place he can build whats around it just fine.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote