Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-20-2009, 04:27 AM    (permalink
OzTitan
Pro Bowler

OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.OzTitan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Something drastic needs to happen in Nashville.....but it won't. That's just the type of coach Jeff Fisher is.

Honestly, his post game quotes are not far off Baghdad Bob level stuff.
OzTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 05:08 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
I disagree. The difference between a good team and a great team isn't that the great team plays great 16 games of the year. Its that they win even when they play bad. When you play **** and still come away with the win is what seperates the undefeated teams and the others.
lol, so what seperates undefeated teams from others is that they dont lose? thats so deep

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:10 AM    (permalink
Seamus2602
Veteran

Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Seamus2602 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
lol, so what seperates undefeated teams from others is that they dont lose? thats so deep
Basically, the talent levels of the teams aren't that different. The teams that are currently undefeated are undefeated because even when they played badly (Broncos against the Bengals, Colts agains the Dolphins this year, the Patriots against teams like the Ravens in 07 etc) they somehow pull out a win.

In Football the object is for the Field General to be on target with his aerial assault, riddling the Defence by hitting his Receivers with deadly accuracy, in spite of the Blitz, even if he has to use the Shotgun. With short bullet passes and long bombs he marches his troops into enemy territory, balancing this aerial assault with a sustained ground attack which punches holes in the forward wall of the enemy’s Defensive Line.

In Baseball the object is to go home and be safe.
Seamus2602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 07:33 AM    (permalink
nobodyinparticular
Hall of Famer
Legend

nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nobodyinparticular is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
So Oakland beats KC and Philly and is worse than KC? Oakland's offense is terrible, but their defense has as much talent as anyone. They played well against Philly and already have a head to head win against KC.

Not that it really makes a difference. I just think that Oakland is better than KC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud View Post
While that's certainly true, and they played well against san diego, in their losses they've just been terrible. KC has at least been competitive against everyone except for the giants. I know wins are what count, but I agree, but I can understand the argument that KC has had less pathetic moments/games.
I will strongly agree with "the decider" on this one, but I will also concede that the Raiders need wins to get more respect. I guess I'm more confused on the point how the Chiefs, without any real semblance of a defense (or talent whatsoever), can be ranked THAT high. They just got their first win for goodness sake.

If we want to compare to the Raiders, Oakland has shown their defense can completely take over a game to win it for the team as we saw against Philly this past week. On the other hand, Kansas City has absolutely no dominant part of their game--their O-line is one of the worst in passing and running situations, their defense sucks, their running sucks and their passing is only average.

Oldie but a goodie.
nobodyinparticular is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 08:26 AM    (permalink
trkaline
Pro Bowler

trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.trkaline is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The race for the number 1 draft pick is heating up....
trkaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:13 AM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why are the Texans 5 spots ahead of the Jaguars, who they lost to? Does a win against the Bengals mean that much?

I basically agree with the Jaguars ranking, and I can see them a spot or two behind the Texans, but I don't get the gulf.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

A win against the Bengals is decently impressive. Bottom line is the Texans are playing better. Sure they lost to you guys, but your other two wins were against the useless Titans and Rams. Not to mention your embarassing play in Seattle.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
Splat
Legend

Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Splat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs have been in all but two of their games (Eagles and G-Men) that said I'm not sure they are 24th.

They gave away both the Raiders and Cowboys games I would feel alot better had they not done that.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:23 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
The Chiefs have been in all but two of their games (Eagles and G-Men) that said I'm not sure they are 24th.

They gave away both the Raiders and Cowboys games I would feel alot better had they not done that.
Even in the Giants game they somewhat made a late surge. I'm liking the direction the Chiefs are going. They are certainly in good hands for the future.
Old 10-20-2009, 09:51 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus2602 View Post
Basically, the talent levels of the teams aren't that different. The teams that are currently undefeated are undefeated because even when they played badly (Broncos against the Bengals, Colts agains the Dolphins this year, the Patriots against teams like the Ravens in 07 etc) they somehow pull out a win.
no i just think the reasoning was kinda off. Obviously the difference is that the undefeated team didnt lose. thats why its called UNDEFEATED.

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Why are the Texans 5 spots ahead of the Jaguars, who they lost to? Does a win against the Bengals mean that much?

I basically agree with the Jaguars ranking, and I can see them a spot or two behind the Texans, but I don't get the gulf.
you don't always get to be ahead of the teams you beat, even if your record is the same. Many variables usually go into power rankings (admittedly I don't know how these power rankings were evaluated though), for example, Jacksonville's net points = -27, Texans net points = 6.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All these turn into is "wah my team should be higher" or "why is that team higher than mine??." This is a football fan doing something fun.

I'll say, good job on rankings as I'm sure this takes time and a lot of prep work to make this. I enjoy reading these every week. :)

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 11:27 AM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diabsoule View Post
1. New Orleans Saints (5-0) – Perhaps the most telling statistic of Sunday's game against the Giants is that the Saints rushed for 133 yards while New York rushed for only 84.
I'm not sure it's that telling, other than that the Giants fell behind on the scoreboard early.

Quote:
2. Indianapolis Colts (5-0) – WR Anthony Gonzales should be ready to play next week. They'll play the winless Rams to get him back into the groove.
Actually, it's probably not likely that Gonzalez will play this week. Same with Marlin Jackson. I wouldn't count on either of those guys playing against the Rams.

Kelvin Hayden is definitely back and Bob Sanders probably is too, if not for this game then definitely next week against the 49ers.

Quote:
3. Minnesota Vikings (6-0) – Brett Favre is playing absolutely great football but Brad Childress' playcalling is going to backfire on them at least one game this season.
Chilliball!
Old 10-20-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
The Unseen
Team Leader
Icon

The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.The Unseen is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
you don't always get to be ahead of the teams you beat, even if your record is the same. Many variables usually go into power rankings (admittedly I don't know how these power rankings were evaluated though), for example, Jacksonville's net points = -27, Texans net points = 6.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jughead10
A win against the Bengals is decently impressive. Bottom line is the Texans are playing better. Sure they lost to you guys, but your other two wins were against the useless Titans and Rams. Not to mention your embarassing play in Seattle.
Okay, point taken.

by BoneKrusher
Quote:
<DG> how metal unseen
Quote:
<TheUnseen> Drunken Canadian Bastard: There's an APS for that
The Unseen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unseen View Post
Okay, point taken.
You guys are such a weird team. Many times you can see a team on the rise or on the fall. The Jags are just stagnant. They seem like they've been that consistently .500 team forever now and show no signs of ever becoming anything different either way.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:15 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How are the Redskins that high? They lost to the Chiefs AND Lions who were both winless at the time. :/

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by njx9 View Post
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
diabsoule
Icon

diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diabsoule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by broth223 View Post
How are the Redskins that high? They lost to the Chiefs AND Lions who were both winless at the time. :/
27th is not that high, considering Detroit is now starting Drew Stanton.

Beastly sig by BoneKrusher

Super Bowl XLIV Champions
WHO DAT!

Check out my blog:
www.saturdaynightslant.com

Follow me on Twitter
http://twitter.com/#!/LaSportsDude
diabsoule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 06:15 PM    (permalink
Brothgar
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brothgar is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
27th is not that high, considering Detroit is now starting Drew Stanton.
Oh ... right in that light the Lions are over rated.

DEATH NOTE MAFIA SIGNUP!

Quote:
oh please. as if canadians even know what beer is.
Brothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:20 PM    (permalink
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf)
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

32. Tennessee Titans (0-6) – 59-0: A classic case of a team giving up on their coach. Something drastic needs to happen in Tennessee to turn this team around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
Terrellezzzzzzzz Pryorzzzzzzzz!
Quote:
do i tell you when to flip the burger?
MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Terrible pic. Get it away.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:24 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MichaelJordanEberle (sabf) is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC.SD View Post
Terrible pic. Get it away.

Better?

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-20-2009, 10:26 PM    (permalink
CC.SD
Shock Therapist
All-NFLDC

CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.CC.SD is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slightlyabroncosfan View Post

Better?
You're so sweet SABF. Sweet as...sugar.
CC.SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

I don't even wanna know how that got into your arsenal of pictures to post.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 10-20-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
MaxV
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MaxV is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even after the 59-0 shellacking, I still don't think Titans are the worst in NFL.

Sig by Primetime21
MaxV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2009, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the decider13 View Post
So Oakland beats KC and Philly and is worse than KC? Oakland's offense is terrible, but their defense has as much talent as anyone. They played well against Philly and already have a head to head win against KC.
They played Philly's second-string OL. It's not hard to look good whe it's Richard Seymour vs, King Dunlap.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote