Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-21-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
wonderbredd24
All-Pro

wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wonderbredd24 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

C Alex Mack A
He's been a starter from game one, has played pretty well, and improves by the game. No reason he won't be one of the top centers in a short time.

WR Brian Robiskie C-
He just started getting on the field and although in limited time, he has looked promising, he has hardly been the most NFL ready receiver he was supposed to be.

WR Mohammed Massaquoi B
Massaquoi has exceeded expectations so far. He runs pretty good routes and gets open. He's made some plays, but he has had an issue with drops as he is a body catcher. Should only get better.

DE/OLB/ILB David Veikune Incomplete
This has been a redshirt year for Veikune, because Veikune went from being a defensive lineman to learning both the inside and outside linebacker positions and has only contributed on special teams thus far.

LB Kaluka Maiava C
He has predominately been a special teamer and he's good at that, but with the season ending shoulder injury to D'Qwell Jackson, he should get opportunities as a starter.

CB Don Carey F
He looked promising in training camp, but he had a season ending shoulder injury and the FO tried to sneak him through to Injured Reserve and the Jags picked him up, so he's on their Injured Reserve list.

RB James Davis Incomplete
Looked very promising in preseason and had some moments in the regular season, but a shoulder injury ended his season.

CB Coye Francies Incomplete
Had a good training camp, but has not seen much of the field in the regular season.
wonderbredd24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
killxswitch
Mage Bros
All-Pro

killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.killxswitch is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Colts:

Round 1 - RB Donald Brown - B

Has been solid running behind Joseph Addai. Has made some plays and will eventually probably be the starter. He's improved his pass catching and blocking. The OL hasn't really let him shine yet.

Round 2 - DT Fili Moala - F

He's been a healthy scratch behind two undrafted free agents, a pickup from the Titans practice squad, and a guy the Packers cut mid-season last year. Since Ed Johnson was cut he will now get a chance to play, he'd better be ready. He was getting outplayed by Adrian Grady (another undrafted free agent) in preseason.

Round 3 - CB Jerraud Powers - A

Despite what the other Colts fan said he is now the starter regardless of who is healthy. He is the teams #2 CB, and has made some excellent plays in coverage so far this season. Also very physical in run support and makes great tackles. A real surprise and I'm thrilled with him.

Round 4 - WR Austin Collie - B+

Not a starter but a regular contributor who has had a near 100 yard, 2 TD game already. Runs great routes in the slot and should be a very good WR on this team for years.

Round 4 - DT Terrance Taylor - F

Cut. Huge disappointment.

Round 6 - QB Curtis Painter - N/A

He improved every game in pre-season but hasn't played a down in regular season and is the teams' 3rd QB.

Round 7 - P/K Pat McAfee - B+

Pretty solid punter with great kickoffs. He took the pressure off Vinatieri and will do the same for Stover. His punts were fantastic early on but haven't sustained that level.

Round 7 - OG Jaimie Thomas - F

Cut. I think he might be on the practice squad.

i done stole dis sig
killxswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Don Vito
Team Leader
All-Pro

Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Don Vito is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2a. Patrick Chung SS: B- Has been a stud on special teams and picked off his first pass last week. He isn't the best athlete in the world but he is a football player and will definitely have a future here.

2b. Ron Brace DT : D The big man has barely seen the field, 6th rounder Myron Pryor has been far more impressive. You have to love his size and strength but he may be far too one dimensional, if Wilfork stays and Pryor/Mike Wright continue to play well he may start to fade out.

2c. Darius Butler CB: B Has seen his role increase dramatically. Butler has all the tools to be a top notch cover corner, something we lost when Asante bolted. He may be on the field even more if he continues to improve.

2d. Sebastian Vollmer OT: A Has already become a fan favorite, something you don't see too much from relatively unknown rookie linemen. Has been terrific in pass blocking and a force in the run game. He is a mammoth with excellent athleticism, before the Titans game Vanden Bosch was talking about how impressive he looks. He is our LT of the future I would say.

3a. Brandon Tate WR/RS: INC Everyone loves his talent but we drafted him knowing he was still recovering from injury. Looks like this week may be his first significant playing time in a while, can't wait to see what he can do.

3b. Tyrone McKenzie ILB: INC Pats suffered a huge blow when he was lost for the season. McKenzie was going to be a contributor at LB and his injury really hurt us. Hopefully he recovers because he is an explosive athlete and would be a nice body to have next to Mayo.

4. Rich Ohrnberger OL: D Haven't seen much of him, still on the roster though. Still early; we will be seeing what these young OL have to offer with Light, Koppen, and Neal getting up there.

5. George Bussey OL: D See Ohrnberger.

6a. Jake Ingram LS: B Took over the long snapping duties for folk legend Lonnie Paxton and hasn't missed a beat.

6b. Myron Pryor DT: A- Pryor was definitely a steal. Has been impressive every time he has been on the field, looks to be very strong and athletic. Plays very tough and may make people forget about second rounder Ron Brace.

7a. Julian Edelman WR/RS: B+ Another steal, this guy has a future in the slot and as a returner. Edelman is third in receiving on the team behind Moss and Welker with 21 catches for 188 yards to go along with 22.4 yards per kick return and 10.5 yards per punt return. You have to like his potential since this is his first year not playing QB after calling the signals at Kent St.

7b. Darryl Richard DL: D Haven't heard much of him and that might not change with the way Pryor and Mike Wright are playing as depth guys behind big Vince. Ron Brace is also in the mix so Darryl is in a tough spot.

Overall, this looks like it could end up being a very solid draft class. A lot of Pats fans were pissed we didn't pick some bigger names at positions of need but it looks like we got some players with big time potential for great value.

Feed Moncrief
Don Vito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Matthew Jones
All-NFLDC

Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Matthew Jones is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2a. SS Patrick Chung - Hasn't looked good. Got beat a few times, hasn't seen the field much. Brandon McGowan has outplayed him, and Chung is the fourth safety on the roster right now. Probably won't see the field much this year.

2b. NT Ron Brace - No production, he almost never gets onto the field. I still have hopes that he'll be pretty good, but I can't help but think they wasted this pick on him so long as they can re-sign Vince Wilfork - leverage draft pick?

2c. CB Darius Butler - Made some impressive plays last week. Has dropped a couple picks if I remember correctly, but has been better than I expected after watching him at UConn. Seems like he'll be a starter by the end of the year.

2d. OT Sebastian Vollmer - Has looked good ever since taking over for Matt Light at left tackle. I expect he'll probably start next year at either of the tackle positions (preferably RT.) Much better than expected, not sure if he can overtake Light, though.

3a. WR Brandon Tate
3b. LB Tyrone McKenzie - Can't comment on these two guys. They've both been injured. McKenzie is on injured reserve, but I expect Tate to come off of the PUP soon and hopefully contribute in Joey Galloway's spot. This team is THIN at wideout.

4. OG Rich Ohrnberger
5. OL George Bussey - Neither of these two guys has seen the field much, except a little bit in last week's blowout for Ohrnberger. I don't think either one did anything good or bad, but I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't last too long, and doubt either becomes a starter.

6a. LS Jake Ingram - Stephen Gostkowski hasn't been playing as well this year, and I think that might be because of the snapper. Not sure, though. He did beat out Nathan Hodel, but that might have been because they invested a pick in him.

6b. DT Myron Pryor - Has looked pretty impressive in limited time. I think he'll earn a little bit of the rotation, but he probably won't ever be a starter. He can still contribute, and he looked pretty good in the preseason as well when he played.

7a. WR Julian Edelman - Looked really good, but his season is probably over now after breaking his arm at the end of last game. Basically the "mini-Welker" tag he's gotten has been about as accurate as possible. Will be here for a while.

7b. DT Darryl Richard - Pretty sure he's on the practice squad. I don't really expect him to contribute a whole lot, but this is a pretty solid team with a lot of defensive linemen, and he was a seventh round pick. Low expectations for him.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WR- Kenny Britt- B- IMO he has been our best reciver so far, but is still playing behind the ghost that is Justin Gage. Has had a fair share of drops but looks like he a great future ahead of him.

DT-SenDerrick Marks-D- Has never really seen the field. Prior to the regular season there were reports he was looking better and better after every practice.

TE-Jared Cook-C+- Looked like he was going to be a factor in our offense, but got hurt. He will get more playing time after the bye-week IMO, with Alge falling out of favor with the coaching staff and fans.

CB- Ryan Mouton-D - Has done okay for a rookie corner, but has been a major flop in the return game. lost us the Jets game.

T- Troy Kropog-D+- Good backup tackle

RB-Javon Ringer-C+ - IMO, The most impressive rookie when he sees the field,however that is not often. Runs with great power and is a ***** to tackle. Should be the number 2 behind LenDale IMO.

CB-Jason McCourty- F -I thought he played well agianst the Colts, but agianst the Patriots and Jags, he got abused. He seems star struck at times, which pisses me off.

WR-Domonique Edison-C- Got cut but was resigned to the practice squad. Don't be fooled though, the fact that this guy got through waviers is crazy. Great speed/hands and played well during the preseason and TC. Should be on the roster over Lafail Hawkins and Justin Gage.

The seventh rounders are on the practice squad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin

Last edited by DoughBoy : 10-21-2009 at 09:34 PM.
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 04:32 PM    (permalink
wicket
All-Pro

wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.wicket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unbiased View Post
Jacksonville Jaguars

1. Eugene Monroe, OT B+

He struggles in week 1 against Dwight Freeny but has been solid since then at LT. Looks like he could be a pro bowler in a couple of years.

2. Eben Britton, OT A-

Relatively, he's looked better than Monroe. He allowed us to cut Tony Pashos who was overpaid. Looks like we got 2 outstanding tackles for our future.

3. Terrance Knighton, DT A

Guy has started from day 1 and has been great against the run. He is also our NT in 3-4 looks. I thought he was a big reach at the time of the draft, but I was wrong.

3. Derek Cox, CB B+

I hate giving up next year's 2nd, but he has been great, starting from day 1. He also allowed us to cut overpaid Brian Williams. He has 2 picks on the year.

4. Mike Thomas, WR/PR B

Our slot receiver and punt returner. He is an electric part of our offense.

5. Jarett Dillard, WR, C

Only has 3 catches on the year. Looks like the plan is to have him take over for Holt as the posession receiver in a couple of years. Not an immediate impact, though.

6. Zach Miller, TE, C+

Has been great on special teams and has 5 catches so far. Should get more PT next year in double TE sets.

7. Rashad Jennings, RB, C+

Was great value and is 1 of 2 RBs on the roster. Played well against Tennessee, but hasn't been as powerful as I originally thought.

7. Tiquan Underwood, WR/KR, C-

Only on the active roster because of Williamson's injury. Pretty decent kick returner, though. Has a long ways to go as a WR.
this draft is starting to look special. two starting tackles, a starting corner and a starting DTackle and almost all the guys at least doing something usefull.

Saints 2014 draft wish list:
- No pass rusher till the fourth round (or preferably at all)
- Corner or Wideout in the first
- No reaching
- No Kelvin Benjamin
wicket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Jeremy Maclin WR - (C+) - Had 1 huge game (against the bucs) but other than that has been very quiet so far. He was expected to be a bit of a project though so this is no surprise. Needs to improve route running. Despite what many people think has a very different playing style than DeSean Jackson and complements him well.

2. LeSean McCoy RB - (B) - Hasn't set the world on fire when given the ball but has done some nice things. Looks to be a great fit in this offense and is probably the future RB of the eagles, don't expect a Brian Westbrook-like career for him though. I actually wouldn't mind the eagles drafting a bigger back and putting him in a 2 back system with Shady.

5a. Cornelius Ingram TE - (Incomplete) - Looked like a beast in TC but unfortuantely tore his ACL and was out for the year before preseason started. With a pretty nasty injury history it is unknown what his future holds but I would love to see him get back healthy and form a great young TE duo with Brent Celek.

5b. Macho Harris FS - (B-) - Starting at FS, but moreso due to Quintin Demps' ineptitude. Don't get me wrong he's looked solid, especially for a 5th round former college CB, but he doesn't have any turnovers and has had some trouble in coverage. Has held his own in run support. I'm not sure he is the long-term answer.

5c. Fenuki Tupou G/T - (D) - Is on IR but played throughout preseason. Looked very slow and was not very impressive run-blocking either. Might have a chance to make a roster somewhere but with the depth the eagles have at G I don't think he has much of a futre with Philly.

6a. Brandon Gibson WR - (B) - It might seem odd that I'm giving him a B considering the eagles just traded him away yesterday. I and other eagles fans are sad to see him go because he was actually one of our better WRs this preseason and looks to have a bright future. He's a hard worker, has good size, is a good route runner and has very nice hands, I could actually see him being a very good slot receiver in the NFL. Made the team despite the eagles originally keeping 6 other WRs. I wish him luck with the rams.

6b. Paul Fanaika G - (D) - Currently on the Practice Squad so isn't a complete waste just yet. Can't say I saw much of him in preseason but is your standard Andy Reid late round O-Lineman. High character guy with developmental potential, but like Tupou might have trouble making the team in the future with the depth at guard here.

7 Moise Fokou LB - (B+) - Has not only made the team as a 7th round pick but has looked pretty impressive. Very athletic and has been one of our better special teams players. Looked solid on defense in the preseason. Needs to cutback on penalties but overall a nice value pick this late in the draft and I hope he sticks around for a while.

Last edited by Go_Eagles77 : 10-21-2009 at 06:04 PM.
Go_Eagles77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
Dam8610
Team Leader
All-Pro

Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Dam8610 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1) RB Donald Brown: B-
Can't really expect much out of a RB when his OL doesn't give him much to work with, but he's shown some pretty good flashes. Addai and he should make a nice ground tandem when the team actually puts together a good OL again.

2) DT Fili Moala: C-
He's on the roster, but hasn't played yet. I have a feeling that will change with the outright release of Ed Johnson, but it's tough if not impossible to grade someone who hasn't yet had a chance.

3) CB Jerraud Powers: A
For once a Bill Polian 3rd round draft pick is not a bust. Powers was clearly a steal and is far more than even the most optimistic of Colts fans would have expected. If his early play is a sign of things to come, the Colts will have quite the CB tandem once Kelvin Hayden returns.

4a) WR Austin Collie: A
Collie is 1st among rookies in receiving TDs, 2nd among rookies in receptions, and 6th among rookies in receiving yards. I'd say he's doing pretty well for a 4th round pick.

4b) DT Terrance Taylor: F
He's not even on the practice squad, quite a disappointment for a 4th rounder.

6) QB Curtis Painter: C
As expected, he made the team as the 3rd QB. Not terrible for a 6th round pick.

7a) P Pat McAfee: B
He's come in and done well with punts and kickoffs, which is exactly what he was drafted for. Above average contribution from a 7th rounder.

7b) OG Jaimie Thomas: C-
He's still on the Practice Squad, can't expect much more from a 7th rounder on a perennial contender.

The problem arises when people use statistics like a drunk uses a lamp post: for support instead of illumination.

If luck is where preparation meets opportunity, then clutch is where failure meets luck.

Quote:
<Add1ct> setting myself on fire can't be that hard
<Add1ct> but tackling a mosquito might prove a challenge
Dam8610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:32 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love this draft class for the Colts, it's wonderful. So much for 09 being the weakest draft in years.

I include UDFA Jacob Lacey as part of the 09 draft class too, btw.

The Big XII has given the Colts Melvin Bullitt and Jacob Lacey in the last three years, I won't talk **** about Big XII defenses for a while. <3
Old 10-21-2009, 07:05 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wicket View Post
this draft is starting to look special. two starting tackles, a starting corner and a starting DTackle and almost all the guys at least doing something usefull.
I can't believe they're all on the active roster, let alone contributing in some way. Now we did have plenty of holes/needs going into the draft, so that's a big part of why this draft would look good, regardless. But getting 4 instant starters with the first 4 picks is very promising.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
Go_Eagles77
All-Pro

Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go_Eagles77 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I can't believe they're all on the active roster, let alone contributing in some way. Now we did have plenty of holes/needs going into the draft, so that's a big part of why this draft would look good, regardless. But getting 4 instant starters with the first 4 picks is very promising.
What ever happened with Tra Thomas? I thought he would be able to hold off Monroe for at least a year.
Old 10-21-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
redbills
Pro Bowler

redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.redbills is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Aaron Maybin: F
When he plays he gets killed.

Eric Wood: B
Looks good.

Jairus Byrd: A
Playmaker we've been looking for.

Andy Levitre: B
Has played good.

Shawn Nelson: C
Guys had 2 concussions this year, not good.

Nic Harris: D
Done nothing so far.

Cory Harris: D
PS.

Ellis Lankaster: C
Yet to play but was great in pre-season.
redbills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 08:47 PM    (permalink
coordinator0
Pro Bowler

coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.coordinator0 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Baltimore Ravens:

Round 1: Michael Oher - A

He's been great for us so far. Started from day one at RT and hasn't looked back. Filled in admirably for Gaither at LT the last two weeks against a couple of this season's best pass rushers in Antwan Odom and Jared Allen.

Round 2: Paul Kruger - INC

Has only been active for one game this year and he didn't get much if any playing time in that one game. Apparently he can't play special teams at all, and our coaches really value that. Probably wouldn't gt on the field much with Suggs and Johnson anyways, but he's been a disappointment so far. Still need to see what he can do on defense to call him a bust.

Round 2: Lardarius Webb - C+

Finally got the majority of the kick return duties last week against the Vikings and he looked really good in that aspect. Supposedly he's going to start seeing more time on defense as well, so I'm excited to see what he can do. I wouldn't be surprised to see him become our primary nickle-back or even the number two by the end of this season. Partly because I like his talent, mostly because Chris arr and Fabian Washington are terrible this season.

Round 5: Jason Phillips - INC

Was rehabbing most of the pre-season from his knee surgery and was placed on IR before the season started. Not much info on him at all.

Round 5: Davon Drew - F

Looked promising in mini-camps, but hasn't shown anything since. He is now on our practice squad after being cut by Miami soon after they signed him. I don't hold out much hope for him.

Round 6: Cedric Peerman - F

I didn't understand the pick much when we took him other than he was supposedly a good value. Really wasn't impressive in the pre-season and was cut in favor of Jalen Parmele and Matt Lawrence. Was on the browns, but I don't think he's there anymore.

Overall this draft class is average, perhaps below average. Without Oher it could be downright terrible. Webb looks promising, but the other three guys need to show something. Kruger just needs to get in there on defense, he looked good in pre-season and we need a boost in the pass-rush.
coordinator0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:26 PM    (permalink
Hines
Legend

Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Hines is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Round 1: Ziggy Hood- C

He looked good in the preseason leading the team in sacks, but hasn't gotten much playing time in the regular season. Against Detroit, we whiffed on a sack. I have high hopes for him and he will help take over what Aaron Smith did.

Round 3: Kraig Urbik- D

I, among other Steeler fans, thought he could be our starting RG from day 1. That isn't the case since he has looked over matched and hasn't even dressed for a game yet. UDFA Ramon Foster has looked better, but I think Urbik will turn it around and be a solid pro.

Round 3: Mike Wallace- B+

Our deep threat and number 3 reciever. Is one of the fastest football players I have ever seen on the field. He has a lot of work to do still, but is turning into a very solid reciever that Big Ben is trusting right now. He's possibly better than Nate Washington and Limas Sweed right now.

Round 3: Keenan Lewis- D

I liked this pick a lot. He hasn't dressed really this season because he got hurt, but I expect him to be our number 3 next year if/when Deshea retires. I think he has starting potential in a year or two. Could be the next Ike Taylor.

Round 5: Joe Burnett- C-

Was expected to be our PR to start the season, but he had fumbleitis during the preseason and lost the job to Stefan Logan. He has been a good player on STs and a absolute ballhawk. He hasn't made that much of an impact yet, but I think it will come once he gets more comfortable in the defense.

Round 5: Frank "the Tank" Summers- INC

Was our starting FB to start the season, but got hurt. Is a good special teams player, but could be a project.

Round 6: Ra'Shon Harris- D

Has a lot of potential and showed some of it in the preseason, but was cut. He signed with Carolina and had a tackle then was released and put on the Panthers PS. When the Steelers lost Smith, we resigned him to our active roster. I don't think he will be more than just a body for this season. He has nice potential to be a potential steal.

Round 7: AQ Shipley- F

Everyone's favorite draft pick by bringing the local boy home. I may be too harsh on this grade, but he is on the PS. He can only play center and that hurts him on making the roster. One thing is for certain though, he is a football player and will work hard to be part of the 53 next year.

Round 7: David Johnson- B-

Surprising grade? Indeed, but he is a really good football player. He is one of our best run blockers and has very good hands. He is the reason why we let Sean McHugh and Carey Davis go. I can see us letting go of Spaeth at the end of the season to promote Johnson.

Last edited by Hines : 10-21-2009 at 09:33 PM.
Hines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:31 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Chiefs drafted Ryan Succop with the last pick i nthe draft..that alone gives KC an A. Tyson Jackson is looking solid and improved every week. Right now he is a C+, but each week his grade gets better. Alex Magee is ehh. Donald Washington is a work in progress, if he plays a full training camp since he came in late due to Osu graduation and what not he could see time as full time nickle and spot starter at CB. But Succop=A!
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 09:39 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im losing it. I thought Ryan Succop was Mr. Irrelvent last year... I need sleep.

Quote:
Old 10-21-2009, 10:15 PM    (permalink
Pat Sims 90
All-Pro

Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pat Sims 90 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1.Andre Smith OT INC
Long Holdout Missing Training Camp 2 days into Practice He breaks foot just starting practicing again Nov 8 against Baltimore is first game he will get into

2.Rey Maualuga LB A
A beast on the field really has brought the physical pressence at LB that this team has needed

3a.Michael Johnson DE B
Has producted no sacks but has created lots of pressure and has made some plays on special teams.

3b.Chase Coffman TE INC
Has been inactive all season even with the lack of TE Production

4. Jonathan Luigs C C
Blocking mainly on Kickoffs and Punt Returns is the C of the future

5.Kevin Huber P A
Has been Starter since day 1 and has not disappointed

6a. Morgan Trent CB C
Has played Nickel most of the year Was really exposed against Houston

6b.Bernard Scott RB B
Has made Plays everytime he has been on the field good Change of pace back for Benson

7a.Fui Vakapuna FB F
Never made it out of Training Camp was Outplayed by a Undrafted Free Agent

7b.Clinton McDonald DL INC
Been on PS all year

7c.Freddie Brown WR F
Could not make it out of Training Camp

RIP themaninblack
Pat Sims 90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 10:18 PM    (permalink
BuddyCHRIST
Veteran

BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BuddyCHRIST is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't even know because I've only had ONE F'ING SAINTS game all year despite them being the closest team to me.
BuddyCHRIST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:22 PM    (permalink
themaninblack
All-Pro

themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.themaninblack is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bengals:

1. Andre Smith- INC: you prolly know the story, should be practicing soon and I'm anxious to see if he'll get a chance to play in the coming weeks as no one has really impressed at RT.

2. Rey Maualuga- B: He's been very good, but he has made his fair share of mistakes at SLB and seems to have some trouble getting off blocks at times. Regardless, he brings that hard hitting intensity this unit has needed for a very long time, and he seems to get better every week.

3. Micheal Johnson- B: Impressive athlete who looks like he's gonna be a good one. Will be given more of a chance now that Odom is out but he has done some good things on third downs and on special teams.

3. Chase Coffman- INC: Has not been active yet as he has been working on his blocking. I suspect he'll be getting his chance within the next few weeks with our problems at TE.

4. Johnathan Luigs- INC: Has only seen the field on some ST duty. Kyle Cook has played well so I doubt we see him this year.

5. Kevin Huber- A. Been as good as advertised thus far. Could be a great one for years.

6. Morgan Trent- B. I'm grading him a little higher than most and that's because I thought he was going to be atrocious. He's actually done some good things at Nickel though.

6. Bernard Scott- B. Looked fantastic in the preseason and in the limited amount of time we've seen him he's shown some excellent athletic ability. Would like to see him get some more carries.

This class has the makings to be great and we'll get to see more of what it can do as the season progresses. I for one can't wait to see Andre Smith suit up.

^A Bonekrusher production^
Gamertag= ELDUDERINO1165
themaninblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 11:37 PM    (permalink
Unbiased
Pro Bowler

Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Unbiased is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go_Eagles77 View Post
What ever happened with Tra Thomas? I thought he would be able to hold off Monroe for at least a year.
He's been a solid backup for us at LT. He started 1 game when Monroe was sick.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:04 AM    (permalink
vidae
SWDC Mafia
Legend

vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vidae is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1 (3) - Tyson Jackson / DE / LSU - C+. Getting better every week. Looks like he's getting it and buying into the scheme/system but it's still early.

3 (67) - Alex Magee / DE / Purdue - C- - Hasn't seem much time on the field. Looked decent when he was there though. Needs a lot of work.

4 (102) - Donald Washington / CB / OSU - D - CB wasn't really a need and he is struggling. Is athletic and has potential but we have two good (imo) starting CBs and a good enough nickel in Leggett.

5 (139) - Colin Brown / OT / Missouri - INC - Hasn't seen much time. Don't see him figuring into long term plans but I could be wrong.

6 (175) - Quinten Lawrence / WR / McNeese - D - Has played a bit and looked okay. Has some speed and has tried out at KR/PR duties.

7 (212) - Javarris Williams / RB / Tenn ST - INC - Didn't make the 53, practice squad player.

7 (237) - Jake O'Connel / TE / Miami (OH) - INC - Has barely seen the field.

7 (256) - Ryan Succip / K / South Carolina - A - Has made 9 of 10 field goals (one was blocked) and has looked good in pressure situations. Can't call it too early but it looks like we have our kicker of the future!

We did give up a 2nd for Cassel and Vrabel. If you add in those two it was a much better draft. Cassel has played very well for having no line, run game or weapons outside of Bowe and Vrabel is solid at LB.

** RIP themaninblack. You will be missed. **
vidae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:09 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

an F for McCourty, I'm killing you doughboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jacksonville Jaguars

1. Eugene Monroe, OT B+

He struggles in week 1 against Dwight Freeny but has been solid since then at LT. Looks like he could be a pro bowler in a couple of years.

2. Eben Britton, OT A-

Relatively, he's looked better than Monroe. He allowed us to cut Tony Pashos who was overpaid. Looks like we got 2 outstanding tackles for our future.

3. Terrance Knighton, DT A

Guy has started from day 1 and has been great against the run. He is also our NT in 3-4 looks. I thought he was a big reach at the time of the draft, but I was wrong.

3. Derek Cox, CB B+

I hate giving up next year's 2nd, but he has been great, starting from day 1. He also allowed us to cut overpaid Brian Williams. He has 2 picks on the year.

4. Mike Thomas, WR/PR B

Our slot receiver and punt returner. He is an electric part of our offense.

5. Jarett Dillard, WR, C

Only has 3 catches on the year. Looks like the plan is to have him take over for Holt as the posession receiver in a couple of years. Not an immediate impact, though.

6. Zach Miller, TE, C+

Has been great on special teams and has 5 catches so far. Should get more PT next year in double TE sets.

7. Rashad Jennings, RB, C+

Was great value and is 1 of 2 RBs on the roster. Played well against Tennessee, but hasn't been as powerful as I originally thought.

7. Tiquan Underwood, WR/KR, C-

Only on the active roster because of Williamson's injury. Pretty decent kick returner, though. Has a long ways to go as a WR.
I agree for the most part, but:
I'd knock Monroe's grade to a B-. He's done well, though not quite as well as you'd hope a top-8 pick would at this point. He'll get there.
I'd up Knighton's grade to an A+. He's playing OUTSTANDING football for a third round pick.
I'd up Mike Thomas's grade to a B+. He was a great pick for where he was selected. His electric athleticism and playmaking ability help complete the A-team of the Jaguars wide-recievers: Holt, the wily vet leader, Sims-Walker, the brash, physical and talented muscle, and Thomas, the tantalizing newcomer.

Overall, this draft has done wonders for our offense, which (barring a long-term franchise QB and an injection of new interior O-line talent) appears to be set for the next 7-odd years. Overall grade: A
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 12:17 AM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
an F for McCourty, I'm killing you doughboy
It's a little harsh considering he is only a sixth round pick, but the soft way he plays and the way he blows sunshine up the other players asses pisses me the **** off.

Quote:

Last edited by DoughBoy : 10-22-2009 at 12:20 AM.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:19 AM    (permalink
RaiderNation
All-NFLDC

RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.RaiderNation is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

1. Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland
We all knew he wasnt going to come in be a good WR. We wont know about until 3-4 years D-

2. Mike Mitchell, S, Ohio University
Back up right now since the play of Branch and Huff. N/A

3. Matt Shaughnessy, DE Wisconsin
Back up right now, hopefully he learns from Seymour and Ellis. N/A

4a. Louis Murphy, WR, Florida
This guy looks like a baller. Has made good catches and blocks. Looks like a #2 guy B

4b. Slade Norris, LB, Oregon State
On the practice squad. N/A

6a. Stryker Sulak, DE, Missouri
Cut. F

6b. Brandon Myers, TE, Iowa
Looked good in preseason, Zach Miller clone. He needs more playing time. N/A

Welcome to the Silver & Mack
"Just Win Baby"
- Al Davis
@SirStackAlot707

RaiderNation is online now   Reply With Quote