Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Pro Football

Pro Football Discuss professional football.

Old 10-23-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Possible London Franchise?

Quote:
“Ultimately where it ends up? I think it’s very practical,
if the interest continues to grow, that we could have an NFL
franchise in London,” Goodell said. A franchise might move or
the league could establish a new team, he said.
http://wbztv.com/sports/nfl.london.games.2.1266625.html

And a possible game in Nigeria

Quote:
NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Tuesday the league has discussed the possibility of holding a game in Nigeria.
Former Chiefs running back Christian Okoye has been pushing for the league to hold a game in his native country.
"It's something that holds some interest to us," Goodell said.
"Not only because a number of players come from that area, but more importantly because there is a lot of interest in our game over there."
http://content.usatoday.com/communit...e-in-nigeria/1

Goodell needs to stop all this stuff. I wish we had Tagliabue back.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Matt Forte = Baby Marcus Allen
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i want a german franchise

Gay Ork Wang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:53 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *** Ork Wang View Post
i want a german franchise
There would be you and how many others? It's not sustainable to have a franchise in London or any other European city, not to mention all the logistics of time change and so on.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
BeerBaron
Team Leader
Legend

BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BeerBaron is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantsfan1080 View Post
There would be you and how many others? It's not sustainable to have a franchise in London or any other European city, not to mention all the logistics of time change and so on.
And it would totally eff with what I feel is an ideal divisional and conference structure to add another team....And to simply move one really screws over the other teams in its division who suddenly have to cross the Atlantic for that game.
Old 10-23-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gay Ork Wang is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
i know it would. I just want NFL E back

Old 10-23-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think the scheduling conflict is what would make it so rough, not the fan base. It's already so rough for teams inside the U.S. to have to travel across the country for a game and then head back, I think overseas would just be awful for so many teams.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

I hope this is Goodell just yapping and we never really see this.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2009, 11:57 AM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bengalsrocket View Post
I think the scheduling conflict is what would make it so rough, not the fan base. It's already so rough for teams inside the U.S. to have to travel across the country for a game and then head back, I think overseas would just be awful for so many teams.
The American football seasn would be directly competing with the English Premier League. The fans there just wouldn't care nearly as much I feel.

sig by BoneKrusher
Old 10-23-2009, 11:59 AM    (permalink
JT Jag
Pro Bowler

JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JT Jag is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You have to do a test-run first.

Hold one game in London for 16 of the 17 weeks for two straight years. Two years, so that every team in the NFL could concede one home game.

If it's still selling out at the end of the two years, then you consider it.

But it would prove to be a logistics nightmare anyway.
JT Jag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:00 PM    (permalink
Bengalsrocket
Pro Bowler

Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bengalsrocket is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The American football seasn would be directly competing with the English Premier League. The fans there just wouldn't care nearly as much I feel.
Yes, sorry, I worded my post poorly. I think the fan base would struggle, but still be sustainable, similar to other extremely small market teams like Jacksonville or Buffalo.

Again, I agree with everything you said in your original post, I just think the scheduling part of it is the absolute biggest.
Bengalsrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
DoughBoy
Pro Bowler

DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DoughBoy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The day a Superbowl or a current NFL team moves overseas is the day I quit watching pro football. Its like Goodell doesn't even give a **** about what we think, I bet if you were to take a poll 90% of Americans are opposed to this. I dont even care if we play a few REGULAR season games over there. Just start an alternate leauge with another countries own players.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jurrell Casey
I love light skin and white women but my main chick is brown skin
DoughBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:06 PM    (permalink
All-NFLDC

619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.619 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have always had trouble understanding why this kinda stuff is a bad thing. Look at other North American sports like hockey and basketball and what they have been able to accomplish overseas in terms of globalizing their game - football should be no different.

The NFL is a brand and they should have every right to exhaust all possible business ventures they see as profitable. The Nigeria game, in particular, seems like an exciting avenue for the league to undertake. The African continent is a rapidly growing, evolving market in specific regions like Nigeria. It is football crazy (of the other kind), however, from what I know this sport is not as embedded in the national landscape as other regions of the continent, so there is an opportunity here to exploit.

The London franchise, on the other hand, is far too premature at this point to consider. My opinion is that the "interest" there is often overestimated.
619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:11 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I hope this is Goodell just yapping and we never really see this.
As do I. It'd completely take way from the United States national game. You don't see MLB over there do you? No, it'd be incredibly hard on the players and would be down right stupid.

The Cadillac Three - Tennessee Mojo
http://youtu.be/N41DdVedXCo
HawkeyeFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:21 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Since when Football is property of the Americans ? I find it kind of funny that Goodell would base his decisions on what people think. If it makes money and give the sport more visibility over the world why not ? I just don't understand where the hates is from. Game overseas are good for the sport and game outside of the US too.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Bucs_Rule
Veteran

Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bucs_Rule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The teams that the NFL propose join the division with the Euro team will raise hell. It would put them at a significant disdvantage.
Bucs_Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HawkeyeFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo_oT88 View Post
Since when Football is property of the Americans ? I find it kind of funny that Goodell would base his decisions on what people think. If it makes money and give the sport more visibility over the world why not ? I just don't understand where the hates is from. Game overseas are good for the sport and game outside of the US too.
Since 1920.

Yeah A GAME over seas. Not a franchise. It's a nice midseason vacation for players, but I'm sure a lot of them wouldn't prefer to live there.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkeyeFan View Post
Since 1920.

Yeah A GAME over seas. Not a franchise. It's a nice midseason vacation for players, but I'm sure a lot of them wouldn't prefer to live there.
OH RLY?

i assume paper and pasta belongs to china then

Old 10-23-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
OH RLY?

i assume paper and pasta belongs to china then
Your talking a food, this is a an NFL franchise.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:35 PM    (permalink
FlyingElvis
All-Pro

FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FlyingElvis is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Joyford Hill Jaguars?

The NFL brand & the individual teams are what matters to Goodell. I find it amusing that anyone would think the opinion of the fan should have any impact on what essentially is a financial decision.

Honestly, anyone who claims they will stop being a fan because there's a team based in a non-US city is full of ****. And even if I'm wrong on that it doesn't matter much as the league would gain several fans abroad for every domestic market fan who stopped watching.

Sig img shamelessly stolen from teh interwebs
FlyingElvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
Brent
TomTom Out
Legend

Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Brent is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They gave Football a chance in Europe. That worked out well...

Pick the Winners Champion 2008 | 2011
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Wootylicous
All-NFLDC

Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Wootylicous is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we talk about the NHL ? Do Canadians owns Hockey ? Hell no.

Worst argument ever.

#MoncriefArmy
Wootylicous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Your talking a food, this is a an NFL franchise.
im talking food, youre talking about sports. Soccer doesnt belong to europe either

Old 10-23-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
HawkeyeFan
Rookie

Quote:
im talking food, youre talking about sports. Soccer doesnt belong to europe either
Soccer is also a world sport, and so his hockey.

Are there even American Football teams in HS in Europe?

Old 10-23-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
awfullyquiet
Miss NFLDC
All-Pro

awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.awfullyquiet is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
They gave Football a chance in Europe. That worked out well...
it did work out well.

United: "I actually went to the college I root for"
awfullyquiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 12:45 PM    (permalink
Gay Ork Wang
Icon

Quote:
Soccer is also a world sport, and so his hockey.

Are there even American Football teams in HS in Europe?
this argument is getting worse and worse.

we dont have sports in our high schools. we hardly have any hockey clubs

why not try to develop american football into a world sport?